Other Solid Feedings:
Cups
Thermos
Thermos Funtainer Straw Bottle

Thermos Funtainer Straw Bottle

The Thermos Funtainer Straw Bottle is a sturdy and practical.

from San Diego, CA

Pros

Cons

Comments about Thermos Funtainer Straw Bottle:

The Thermos Funtainer Straw Bottle is a very practical purchase. Not only do you save money on buying portable drinks, you know what you're child is drinking at all times. It's stainless steel and plastic construction is extremely sturdy and can stand up to endless tumbles. I know my kids have dropped theirs more times than I can count. The straw is soft and flexible making it safe for drinking and walking. The short length of the straw also prevents gagging. It promotes self sufficiency in children. The lid opens easily at the touch of a button making it an ideal product for the school lunchbox. It is also easy to close too. All you have to do is push the lid until it clicks. Washing it can be a bit of a hassle since you have to take the top portion with the straw apart, but it's not too bad since it's dishwasher safe. Overall a good investment for your child's lunchbox.

Thermos Funtainers are great for the lunch box!

from Raleigh, NC

Comments about Thermos Funtainer Straw Bottle:

We love our Thermos Funtainers! My two youngest children have 5 Funtainers. Their water always stays cold and they love the quick flip top. I love how easy they are to disassemble and put in the dishwasher. And I feel great knowing they do not contain BPA plastic.

Ditch the sippy cup, this is the only thermos for the family!

from Lewisville, TX

Comments about Thermos Funtainer Straw Bottle:

Okay, so we didn't buy the Micky Mouse specific design, but I have been a huge fan of Funtainer Thermos for my kids for 2 years now. I love them so much I got two of the larger ones for me. I got sucked in by the cool graphics - we have Star Wars, Clone Wars, Transformers, Spiderman and Pixar Cars. This year we added the way too cool Avengers!

I bought the first thermos when my son started Kindergarten hoping to find a thermos that would not leak for his lunch bag. We have used a variety of sippy cups and cups with straws that sweat when you put something cold in them or leak if you look at it sideways. I was so pleased with the performance of the Thermos Funtainer that I filled my cabinet with them! Not only do they not leak - be sure to get the lid on correctly and tight and teach your child to close the top, but they will seriously keep a drink cold for over 12 hours! I didn't know about that feature until I bought one and read the paperwork. I can put water and 2 cubes of ice in one of these in the morning and if my son forgets about it and I forget to empty it until the next morning, it will still be cold when I do remember to dump it out! And what is seriously amazing to me is that it never sweats on the outside and is not uncomfortably cold to hold either. Just cool to the touch. Now if they would just make one for hot liquids we would be set!

I wash them in the dishwasher - what working mom of 2 has time or patients to hand wash anything - and I have not really noticed any problems with the cups or little if any scratching off of the image. Another great feature is that my kids do not chew through this straw! I had liked and used in the past the Playtex cup with a straw but the kids constantly bite through the rubbery straw and I have to replace them. Those same kids have yet to bite through one of these! Such a relief. Easy to assemble, clean, fill and use. Look for the new version that is so smart and now had a built in little handle in the top! Now that's progress!