Other Cold & Hot Packs:
ThermaCare Neck to Arm HeatWraps

ThermaCare Neck to Arm HeatWraps

Pros

Cons

Excellent for pinched nerve pain

I have a pinched nerve in my neck and the pain travels down my neck and goes down either my right arm to create some nasty pain in my right hand or travels down my spine to the lower back where I end up having to lay flat for a long while until Tylenol takes effect. It's either that or surgery and I don't know about you but the thought of having surgery on my NECK does not make me want to jump for joy. When these first came out about 6 years ago, I bought one of the first ones, the back wrap and it really didn't do that much for me, only because I was using it on my lower back when I should have had it on my neck. When they came out with the adhesive smaller ones that stick to your neck, shoulder, arm or wrist, I thought I'd try it again.

Ahhhh, the subsistence of pain was almost immediate. The heat immediately permeated my neck and caused the nerve to relax and give me so much relief. I kept it on all day (9 1/2 hours, actually, more than the claim on the box of 8 hours) and it felt so nice to not have that searing pain hitting you like a thousand lightening bolts. I was able to move my head, my neck, and my arms. I would much rather use the adhesive heatwraps than the body wraps because I can use the adhesive to pinpoint the pain instead of generalizing it. And I would rather use the heatwraps than swallow a bottle of Tylenol to ease the neck pain...

Relieve a stiff neck with ThermaCare Neck HeatWraps.

You just never know when you are going to wake up with a stiff neck or when you are going to turn your head the wrong way and wind up with a serious muscle spasm in your neck. It doesn't happen to me regularly, but I do experience seriously uncomfortable neck pain often enough for me to have a supply of Ben-Gay, Aspercreme, and *ThermaCare HeatWraps* on hand at all times.

The *ThermaCare Heat Wraps* that I have are designed to be used on necks, shoulders, and wrists. You simply open up the package, remove the adhesive strips, and then apply and secure the heat wrap to the painful area. You are advised not to use this product for more than 8 hours or overnight while you are sleeping. You also are not supposed to use this heat wrap on skin that has been treated with pain rubs or medicated lotions.

I've been using the *ThermaCare HeatWraps for Neck, Shoulder, and Wrists* for the past two days because I have a serious muscle spasm going on in my neck/shoulder. When the heat wrap is in place and warm, I don't feel the soreness and pain. Without taking aspirin or any other kind of pain reliever/muscle relaxer, these Heat Wraps either relieve the pain or distract me from noticing the pain and/or do both. The problem is that once you remove the heat wrap, the muscle spasm and pain is still there.

*ThermaCare HeatWraps* are a nice way to temporarily alleviate neck pain when you don't want to or can't take muscle relaxers or other pain relievers. They only treat the symptom and not the cause, however, so the pain returns as soon as you remove your heat wrap. It is much better than nothing at all or just plain old aspirin or Alleve. Recommended!

The heat from these ThermaWraps really does help to alleviate pain from sore muscles, a stiff neck, etc. There are days when I really want a muscle relaxer, but I don't have any so I use one of these wraps and take 2 Advil and I'm feeling much better in less than an hour.

These wraps are simple to use: just open up the package, wrap the piece around your neck, shoulder, etc. and then press the adhesive end strips down to attach to skin.

Decent Working Heating Pad For the Price

from Chicago, IL

Comments about ThermaCare Neck to Arm HeatWraps:

The ThermaCare Neck and Arm HeatWraps are a great quick fix when you're in pain and need an inexpensive disposable heating pad. The great thing about the pad is that the adhesive really sticks so you do not have to worry about it moving from where you place it, especially since the neck and arm can be a tricky spot, location wise. The best thing, however, is how well the heat from the wraps last so long! I do not know how ThermaCare does it, but the heat lasts for hours!

Overall, the ThermaCare heating pads work pretty well. Obviously, you wouldn't make them your normal routine. However, they definitely get the job done. I do a lot of heavy lifting my job so my arms and shoulders really suffer for it. I keep a wrap in my car for the ride home and the heat lasts me the entire night!

These wraps are extremely easy to use! The box has step by step instructions with pictures to help illustrate how to apply the wrap. I think anyone could use this wrap with little to no problems at all!

Amazing

Comments about ThermaCare Neck to Arm HeatWraps:

This product is amazing! Thermacare HeatWraps loosen my tense muscles and ease my pain, soreness, and stiffness. The heat is not overwhelming. Its super easy to use. I even use it when I'm working outside for extra warmth. I have had a very bad lower back for 30 years including lower back surgery. I have had every type of shot and treatment available. After all is said and done these heat wraps are the best relief I have found. I do not wear them at night but during my work day. They fit nicely under your pants and are very thin. They are not cheap but this is as cheap as I have found them. I find that after using them for a week or so I will go to something else like a Tens uinit for a week and then back to the heat wraps. Using them all the time for me causes them to lose some of the relief they provide. I have never had a side effect and have used them for a couple of years. Definitely recommend.

Really amazing

Comments about ThermaCare Neck to Arm HeatWraps:

These ThermaCare Neck to Arm HeatWraps are great for the upper back and shoulder. It surprised me how they begin to work after only a few seconds. They help with the pain and last for such a long time. I love these hearwraps and would recommend them to anyone. I mostly use them when I'm not able to stay home and use a heating pad.

Decent

Comments about ThermaCare Neck to Arm HeatWraps:

ThermaCare Neck to Arm HeatWraps work pretty well if you can keep it from unsticking. They get warm when exposed to air and it helps relieve pain in the neck, shoulder, and arm areas. They aren't too expensive, but they are disposable so you can only use it for a certain amount of hours.

Great when they work, frustrating when they don't...

Comments about ThermaCare Neck to Arm HeatWraps:

Sometimes the ThermaCare Neck to Arm Heatwraps work great.... other times, they feel like they're barely working at all. Half the problem with these wraps is that they aren't designed well to respond to the fact that the place(s) you're adhering one of these to is frequently involved in a lot of movement. I found that the adhesive pads that would keep the wrap attached to your shoulders frequently and quickly would come undone with any sort of movement, which would then make it difficult to reattach. Because of this, sometimes it wouldn't heat up properly as well. Overall, when it works, it works great. When it doesn't work, it feels like you just wasted money. It's a 50/50 shot.

This product is long lasting.

Comments about ThermaCare Neck to Arm HeatWraps:

These heat wraps last for 8 plus hours. The packaging recommendations are to use for no more than 8 hours. They definitely last long enough. I've used these wraps for years. I have never had a problem with them until recently. The past two times I have used these, I have gotten burns from them. I'm not sure if it's the product that has changed or my body, but please be very careful and mindful of this if you decide to use these. Over all, this is a good product. One of the best on the market, in my opinion. The adhesive that holds these on your skin is sometimes not strong enough. I have had issues with them coming off before I wanted them to. Just make sure you skin is clean and dry before use and you should not have any troubles. Bottom line, I would recommend this product, but please use care.

This product works very well. It remains hot for the full 8 hours.

Simple to use. Just peel off the backing and apply to your skin.

eases pain

from Cornwall ny 12518

Comments about ThermaCare Neck to Arm HeatWraps:

Was quite surprised to learn how well this product worked and how fast also. I used it for a stiff neck and had been trying ointments that really only eased the pain slightly. The heat lasts for hours and I was not limited to what I could do while treating my neck with the heat as I was in the past with the electric heating pads. It did the job very comfortably. The motion in my neck returned in a matter of no time at all. It was just the right temperature to be comfortable, not too hot, just right for my comfort level.

The constant heat for 8 hours really did the trick quickly and comfortably.

Stayed on with no effort on my part so I could go about my business as usual.

Isn't Sticky Enough

from Sullivan, IN

Comments about ThermaCare Neck to Arm HeatWraps:

Thermacare heat wraps are somewhat expensive products to purchase. The only time I have purchased this product is when it has been paired with both a coupon and a sale at a drug store and have been able to get them for little to no cost. The Thermacare wraps do as advertised when it comes to applying heat to the affected area. The heat provided to the area is soothing and relaxing. However, the product becomes ineffective because it all to frequently would not stick to the affected area. Thus, making me have to hold the product on, which isn't very practical. Therefore, I would not recommend this product for use to relieve pain or aches.

Great after a tiring week of exams

from San Diego, CA

Comments about ThermaCare Neck to Arm HeatWraps:

I'm a college student and during midterm and finals weeks of school, I often find my upper back and neck hurting because of the way the seats are designed at the college that I attend. These thermacare heat wraps are very good at helping me relieve the pain. I really like that they're so easy to apply. All you have to do is open the package and peel off the sticky back. They heat up to a really comfortable temperature too. It's not too hot but it's hot enough to provide relief. While they can be a little pricey compared to some other heat patch products that you can find at the store, this product is actually worth buying. Another HUGE plus is that this product doesn't smell. I really hate external pain relief products that make you smell like menthol or oil. Also, another plus is that this product fits well to my upper back and shoulder area since it's actually sort of fitted and not just a square patch.

Long lasting heat

Comments about ThermaCare Neck to Arm HeatWraps:

This product is really great to take on the go for quick relief of a neck ache. It gets warm really quickly and stays warm for probably about 8 hours. Usually by the time it isn't warm anymore, I don't even need it anymore, which is great. The stickiness of the wrap is a little bit weird, but it's nice to have so I don't have to lay down or hold it there while I use it.