Other Misc. Campings:

Therm-a-Rest Trail Comfort Sleeping Pad

Therm-a-Rest-Trail-Comfort-Sleeping-Pad Comfy Outdoor Sleeping

from Crystal Lake, IL

Comments about Therm-a-Rest Trail Comfort Sleeping Pad:

My husband goes on a lot of motorcycle trips and when he goes he and his friend usually camp. I recently went on a trip with him and the thought of sleeping on the ground did not appeal to me. I bought him a pad a couple of years ago but I went and bought the Therm-a-Rest Trail Comfort Sleeping Pad for myself.

The Therm-a-rest Traiil comfort sleeping pad gives you more comfort and padding then your typical sleeping bag. It is an inflatable but it is not very thick which makes it easier to put on the motorcycle. It is less thick than my husbands pad, but I think it is just as comfortable if not more so.

The pad has some foam inside of it that is still thin enough to be rollable. Since it does have the foam doesn't require anywhere near the amount of air that most pads would need. You do have to blow in to it. My husband's pad is self inflatable which is nice, but after only about 20 blows this one is ready to go, and most of the time it takes less than that.

The air valves are very easy to work with. You just twist them open and closed.

The material of this pad is very tough so even if you are laying over rocks it will still stay nice and not get damaged.

When the pad is fully inflated it is kind of on the large side, mine is a good couple inches wider than my husband's which is great for me, but if you have a small tent that might be a problem. Lucky for us we have a big tent, so my husband, myself, and his friend all fit in there very easily.

This is a nice pad that makes sleeping outdoors not so bad, and it fits on the motorcycle along with my husband's so that makes me happy.

Your mattress on the trail

from Salem, OR

Comments about Therm-a-Rest Trail Comfort Sleeping Pad:

This is one item that I never go camping without.  The only slight drawback to the mattress is that it's a little large when you take it backpacking.  But the additional size is easily overlooked when you lie down for the night after hiking ten or twelve miles.  It self inflates.  If you need it a little fuller, a few puffs of air and you have a little more comfort.  It's a little large as far as width, but rolled up size is as big as most other packing pads.   It comes with a small repair kit for small holes or tears, but in years of use, mine has never sprung a leak.  This item is just like American Express: Never leave home without it!

Spoiled rotten.

from Marietta, GA

Comments about Therm-a-Rest Trail Comfort Sleeping Pad:

I am so happy that my girlfriend is my girlfriend. She's supportive, and loving, and she came with an ice ax.  She also came with a Thermarest sleeping pad.I'm not even going to try to be all cool and act like I wouldn't have ever slept on anything but the ground without her.  I have slept on inflatable mattresses and floats before, especially in my Boy Scout days. My girlfriend introduced me to the right way to do it.  The thermarest sleeping pad is thinner than other inflatables, so it doesn't require anywhere near the amount of air that most  use, and it has foam inside that help inflate it most of the way.  I don't think that I've ever put more than 10-15 blows into one.  The thinner mattress is also great because it means less "wobbling" when you move.  The fill valves are different that what you might be used to.  They twist open and closed, and you can do it with your mouth on the piece.  No more frustration over air escaping while you're trying to plug the valve. The thermarest covering is tough, and it has a tight weave that won't snag on thorns and briars.The only downside, besides getting spoiled, is that it takes up more space than my other inflatable in packed form, and it's tougher to get it as small as it gets.  I usually end up rolling over mine a couple of times, and it gets tricky because it wants to self inflate between rolling passes.This is a great product!   I have seen, since I got access to these, other less expensive self inflating mattresses, but I haven't tested any yet. I can promise you, however, that they aren't any better.

Therm-a-Rest lets you sleep at night while camping.

from Half Way, MO

Comments about Therm-a-Rest Trail Comfort Sleeping Pad:

I don't know how the cowboys actually survived without today's inventions.  The Therm-a-Rest Basecamp Self-Inflating air mattress makes it camping/hunting more simplier.  This mattress has a waterproof outer shell that allows for sleeping on the ground and not getting wet from moisture.  The self-inflating mechanism is easy to work.  Just simply turn the knob in the corner and let it do it's job.  Within a matter of seconds, it is inflated.  Once it is completly done, simply turn the knob and the air stays lock inside.  The inner foam gives enough support to help keep you comfortably off the ground.

I bought this for my husband to take on hunting trips.  Now no more padding the tent floor or camper with multiple sleeping bags/blankets.  The Therm-a-Rest comes in different thickness and sizes.  The mattress is comfortable so you aren't feeling every little rock on the ground.  To deflate the mattress, simply unscrew the corner lock, then roll up.  This will force the air out of the mattress.  I love this feature because it doesn't balloon up on you like a normal air mattress does when deflating.

This is a lightweight, portable and easy to use.  We don't go camping without this mattress.  We use it when we have kids stay the night, so no more sleeping on the hard, cold floor.  I would suggest anyone that goes camping to look into getting one of these.

Just too darn thin

from Clifton, VA

Comments about Therm-a-Rest Trail Comfort Sleeping Pad:

Maybe I am getting old, but this pad and most other Therma Rests are just way to thin for my tastes. Even with a bit of air blown in for good measure, the pad doesn't provide enough comfort unless you happen to be lucky enough to be sleeping on a thick, well-manicured lawn in the first place. These days, I prefer a pad with multiple insulated chambers. Yes, you have to blow it up yourself, but if you're outdoors in the first place, what's the real problem with a few deep breaths?? I should add as well that this thing takes up a lot of room and is normally tied to the outside of a pack which can be a nuisance.

The Therma Rest Trail Comfort sleeping pad is comfortable.

from Billings, MT

Comments about Therm-a-Rest Trail Comfort Sleeping Pad:

The Therma Rest Trail Comfort sleeping pad is tough and comfortable. It helps keep you off the damp ground. In rainy weather it is nice to be elevated more off the ground. It can help keep your bag dry when the ground below you is not. The mattress stands up to a lot of abuse. It helps insulate you from the cold ground. It packs tightly into a stuff sack. It can be a pain to get it to compress enough to get into the small stuff sack. It is standard gear for many backpackers in the Northwest Rockies where I hike. I don't hike without mine. It is heavier than some other sleeping pad options, but I like the comfort it provides.

for a good rest