Other Cold & Flu Medicines:

Theraflu Warming Relief Nighttime Severe Cold & Cough Syrup

Pros

Cons

Theraflu cured my cold!

I was traveling and came down with a very bad cold. I hadn't brought any medicine with me, so I stopped in at the drugstore to see what I could find. Theraflu products were on sale and I had a coupon from the Sunday paper. I had not ever used any Theraflu products before, but since they came out to a good price, I decided to try them. I wasn't very familiar with any of the other available brands, either. (I don't usually come down with bad colds for one reason or another, so I rarely need to buy or use this kind of medication.)

This medication is very strong and should be used at night only - it will make you very drowsy. In my case, I fell asleep almost immediately, and slept until the next morning, when I already felt better. The fact that it puts you to sleep (soundly) no doubt has as much as an effect as the other cold-curing ingredients. I will definitely buy this product in the future, if I need it.

Mix one packet with hot water and drink. The flavor isn't bad.

This is a powerful medication, so make sure to read the instructions and warnings completely beforehand.

Theraful Nighttime Severe Cold & Cough - Not My 1st Choice

I purchased this product to help relieve symptoms of the flu and found that it did not help him very much at all. We followed the directions precisely as directed and each time that I checked him for results he claimed he did not feel any relief at all. I questioned my own instincts as a mother/care giver to three children and was hoping this product was worth the time and effort of purchasing and would prove to have positive results. Yet I have to admit that other products purchased that may have cost just a litte more in price worked much better and were able to relieve his symptoms after the first three doses recommended. I would suggest anyone that has the flu to inquire with the pharmacist who has knowledge of over the counter remedies and side affects before purchasing this product to insure the right choice of solution the first time. All in all my family was dissapointed with Theraflu and we would not recommend this product at this time. If Theraflu has the capcity to improve this night time relief then we would perhaps try it again.

Does nothing

from Mars,pa

About Me Healthy Adult

Pros

• Easy To Administer
  • Good Flavor

Cons

• Not Effective

Comments about Theraflu Warming Relief Nighttime Severe Cold & Cough Syrup:

I have taken two doses in an hour and has had absolutely no effect on me. I am wide awake and even more congested. Throat is still in pain and can't stop coughing. Oh, it got rid of my fever. Such a waste of money. Mucinex works much much better and Zyrtec D.

The Only Medicine I Turn To

Comments about Theraflu Warming Relief Nighttime Severe Cold & Cough Syrup:

I am not much of a medicine person, I usually try to just ride colds out but when they are just to much, Theraflu Warming is my go to medicine. I keep a bottle of this in my medicine cabinet at all times just in case, it always does the trick and kicks the cold's butt quick.

Congestion Relief
    The warming hits automatically and helps instantly with nasal congestion better than any other medicine I have tried.

Chest Congestion Relief
    It takes a bit to kick in but when it does the chest congestion is always instantly gone, you barely feel it.

Relief of Aches & Pains
    My absolutely favorite thing about this medicine is the relief from aches and pains. It makes it so much easier to get up and continue my day.

Cough Suppression
    Coughing has always been one of the worse parts of colds for me and this is the only medicine that helps at all. It soothes my throat so I don't have that itchy feeling that causes me to cough and breaks up the mucus so it doesn't hurt so bad to cough it up.

• Cough Suppression:

VERY powerful nighttime medicine.

from Stroudsburg, PA

Comments about Theraflu Warming Relief Nighttime Severe Cold & Cough Syrup:

The Theraflu Warming Relief Nighttime Severe Cold & Cough Syrup is a cough syrup used to relieve sinus congestion, runny nose, body pain/fever, allergies, sneezing, itchy eyes/nose, and upper respiratory infections.

The ingredients are Acetaminophen (Pain Reliever/Fever Reducer), Diphenhydramine (Antihistamine/Cough suppressant), and Phenylephrine (Nasal Decongestant).

I was surprised at how strong this medicine really was, and how well it targeted all of the symptoms that I had. It's probably one of the strongest nighttime medicines I've ever had. It completely knocked me out cold. If you have the flu, this is for you, because it's meant to target severe colds and coughs. I feel like this would be too much if you just have a regular cold, but if you're feeling awful this is amazing.

Before it knocked me out, I could feel all the good effects that it was having on my body. It stopped my flu from completely taking control of me. My coughing was gone almost entirely because the Theraflu did a great job at warming and coating my throat. It made my throat feel less red and irritated because my runny nose and congestion wasn't dripped down my throat all night. I could breathe without it being painful. It helped get rid of both my chest congestion really well. The warming effect made my chest feel less tight/heavy and helped to loosen up the mucus that was clogging it up. And not only does it soothe sore throat and chest pain but it helped to reduce my fever, and my body/muscles weren't in that much pain anymore. I feel like it completely relaxed me. I even felt well enough to go to work the next day because I had gotten enough rest.

I would buy this medicine time and time again. I've already recommended it to a ton of my friends.

Congestion Relief
    It worked great at getting rid of the congestion in my nose and in my chest. It lessened my sinus pressure, and made my nose less runny. It made it easier to breathe without pain.

Chest Congestion Relief
    It warmed up my throat and chest, while loosening up the mucus. It made my mucus thinner, and easier for me to cough up. It also get rid of the tightness in my chest. Over all I felt like a lot of my chest congestion my relieved, and without the pain in my chest it made it easier to sleep.

Relief of Aches & Pains
    Not only did it soothe my sore throat pain, but it helped to reduce my fever. Also made my body aches less painful.

Cough Suppression
    It gets rid of my coughing almost entirely. It warms and coats my throat, and makes the coughing much less severe.

I love this product !

from chicago Illinois

Comments about Theraflu Warming Relief Nighttime Severe Cold & Cough Syrup:

I have used this product regularly for several years, anytime I get a really, really bad cold or the flu. I like the warming effect this product gives after you take it. Not only are your cold symptoms getting tended to, but the medication it relaxing your entire body at the same time so that you can get better

Congestion Relief
    This product loosens nasal congestion very quickly so that you are able to breath without any obstructions and from both nostrils. If this product did nothing else that is a bonus for me.

Chest Congestion Relief
    Does a great job with congestion issues anyway, however this product is super good when it comes to chest congestion. It works fast to clear it up without any residual effects lingering long after the cold is over.

Relief of Aches & Pains
    The warming effect of this medication is the plus for me because it eases the pain of body aches and pains, and completely alleviates that pain

Cough Suppression
    It does a fabulous job at not only suppressing the cough but getting rid of it all together. Great product. I highly recommend it for your cold and flu symptoms.

• Cough Suppression:

It's like a warm fuzzy blanket for your chest.

from Jackson, MS

Comments about Theraflu Warming Relief Nighttime Severe Cold & Cough Syrup:

When it's cold outside and your body is cold inside, and "mom" is no where around, call on Warming Theraflu for relief. While there are other over the counter brands you could choose, you will not be disappointed. From the first time it lands on your tongue you get a sense of "what have you been waiting for" as your senses wake up from their slumber of "not feeling well" that held you captive in its grip. The taste does not leave an "aftertaste" to remind you not to take it again. Your body can get some much needed rest, once the coughing stops, and your body gives you the ok to rest, the rest is truly history.

Therafle warming relief

Comments about Theraflu Warming Relief Nighttime Severe Cold & Cough Syrup:

Okay so this stuff tastes nasty! I mean I could barely choke it down it tasted so awful, but it's worth taking it. I had the worst cold and my coughing was so bad at night, I bought this thinking if anything it would knock me out but it did more than that. When you first drink it a warming sensation goes all the way down your throat, it feels great if you have a sore throat. My coughing slowed down within an hour of taking it, about the same time the sleepiness settled in. I slept great the next few nights and my cough and cold got relief too.

Congestion Relief
    Did not relieve my nasal congestion as well as I'd hoped it would but it did knock me out so I didn't really care about that anymore!

Chest Congestion Relief
    It helps to loosen all the yuck in your chest so you do feel relief.

Relief of Aches & Pains
    Didn't do much for my body aches, but again it made me sleep so for the night at least I did not feel them.

Cough Suppression
    Worked well at stopping my horrible coughing. I was surprised it worked as well as it did.

• Cough Suppression:

Wonderful cure that will relieve flu symptoms

from north augusta sc

Comments about Theraflu Warming Relief Nighttime Severe Cold & Cough Syrup:

This product will help tackle the most extreme cases of the flu. I have felt better a lot quicker when I use this product when I have the flu. The medicine relieves congestion very well, and it starts to work within a few hours. To me, a few hours is not long consider how horrible the flu can be. Chest congestion takes a little bit longer to kick in when I started using it, but I was satisfied with how the medicine helped. This medicine did not really help aches and pains a lot. I noticed some difference, but I would not buy it for this issue alone. The number one place where the medicine works is the cough suppressant! I was surprised with how well this works, I almost completely stopped coughing. The price is this product is worth the money to lessen flu symptoms. The only awful problem with the medicine is the taste. It tastes horrible! I took it as a quick shot, but once I swallowed the medicine it was worth it. This is definitely the medicine I would buy to fight a flu.

Excellent!

Great!

Needs improvement here

Cough Suppression
    This is where the medicine shines.

• Cough Suppression:

Definitely works for severe cough

from Sneads Ferry, NC

Comments about Theraflu Warming Relief Nighttime Severe Cold & Cough Syrup:

I recently suffered a very nasty sickness almost like the flu. I had a severe cough and my throat felt parched and my head felt groggy and painful. I was having an especially hard time sleeping at night because I was up coughing all night. I went to the local pharmacy to get some medicine and tried Theraflu nighttime warming relief sever cold and cough syrup. It was average price and I had previously heard great things about the brand and the amount of relief their products offer even I'm severe situations.
    I took the recommended dosage about half an hour before going to bed. I would like to point out that this syrup is labeled nighttime which is on there for a legitimate reason. I started feeling very sleepy within the first thirty minutes of taking it so I wouldn't recommend taking this before driving. But I must add that this is a great benefit for a cough syrup to take before bed because it relieved my cough and sore throat and headache and allowed me to get a good nights rest and I felt much better the next morning, I would highly recommend this for night time relief of severe cold symptoms.

Warming sensation

from Chester, PA

Comments about Theraflu Warming Relief Nighttime Severe Cold & Cough Syrup:

Overall this is a great product to use when you are congested. It has a warming sensation as it goes down your throat and into your chest. You can almost feel some instant relief as it starts to work.

Congestion Relief
    This product is great at relieving congestion. It works by breaking up the phlegm and offering much needed relief. I love the warming sensation you feel as you drink it and it works it way down your throat,

Chest Congestion Relief
    This product has an interesting warming sensation as it goes down your throat and works it's way into your chest. It helps loosen up the phlegm in your throat and it feels so good going down when your chest feels tight.I have used this for a while and I highly recommend it when your chest is tight and congested.

Relief of Aches & Pains
    This warming liquid felt so good as you drank it down, if you had a sore throat, you started to feel better almost immediately,

Cough Suppression
    This product also helped relieve your cough, It helped cut down on your cough. It was a warm coating in your throat as you drank it down.

Surprisingly good!

from Kansas

Comments about Theraflu Warming Relief Nighttime Severe Cold & Cough Syrup:

Theraflu Warming Relief Nighttime Severe Cold & Cough Syrup is AWESOME. My dad had been using it for a while and suggested it to me once when I got pretty sick. I hardly ever get ill so I don't generally have cough medications around. It seems when I do get sick I get pretty darn sick. I thought I may as well give this a try since my dad suggested it and of course I still have to listen to my parents advice, right!?

THIS STUFF IS AWESOME FOR HELPING YOU SLEEP! Prior to taking Theraflu Warming Relief Nighttime Severe Cold & Cough Syrup I was just stuck awake coughing all night long. It was not only driving me nuts but my boyfriend as well. Usually nighttime cough medication really doesn't do much, just knocks me out for a little while but I'll still wake up in the middle of the night coughing. This is really soothing when you take it because of the warming sensation. It does knock you out but you stay asleep and aren't awake a few hours later coughing like crazy. Seriously try this if you have a bad cough, especially if that cough is keeping you up at night. it's a life saver!

I highly recommend this product! It will become your best friend when you have a cough and need some sleep at night. It also soothes your throat.