Other Cold & Flu Medicines:
TheraFlu
Theraflu Nighttime Severe Cold & Cough Powder

Theraflu Nighttime Severe Cold & Cough Powder

Pros

• Easy to administer (3)

• Cough (3)
  • Sore throat (3)
    • Cough Suppression:

Severe taste but severe relief for nighttime sleep

I have already sung the praises of Theraflu daytime Cough and Cold relief, and my thoughts on  **Theraflu Nighttime Severe Cold & Cough **aren't much different.

I...Read complete review

I like that I can get a nice warm, soothing, drink to take my **Theraflu Nighttime Severe Cold & Cough. **Just open the package add hot water  and it dissolves. I drink and lay down to rest.  It feels great on a scratchy sore throat.  I admit, I don't care for the flavor much but you can add a spoonful of honey - and you know what they say "A spoonful of sugar makes the medicine go down."  It works.  The important thing is to make sure the water is really hot so that all the powdered dissolves or you end up with clumps and those really taste pretty bad.

After using **Theraflu Nighttime Severe Cold & Cough, **putting on my socks over my Vicks Vapor Rub and using a Halls Cough drop I can usually get the sleep I need - or at least quite a few hours of it.

Relief of Aches & Pains
 If you are really really sick then there are three things that should get you through the night and this is one of them.

Theraflu's Not Delicious, But It Works

I started using powdered cold remedies in college in the UK, where they seem to be more commonly used. Despite the many flavors I've tried from various brands, they all have two things in common: they work, but they taste *awful*.

Theraflu is no exception to either of these. I enjoy holding a hot cup of the drink, letting the steam soothe my airways. Somehow that makes having a cold seem not quite so bad! Drinking it, however, is not nearly as pleasant. I'm not sure exactly how to describe the flavor, but it is very strong and very unpleasant in a medicinal way.

You know the old saying: a spoonful of sugar helps the medicine go down? I usually add a spoon of honey to the drink, which has the additional benefit of soothing a scratchy throat.

The bottom line is that you buy a cold remedy not for its deliciousness but its efficacy in getting rid of your cold, and for that reason I continue buying Theraflu products every time I get a cold. I feel that they help reduce cold symptoms, and also help relax me by creating a cozy atmosphere with a nice, steaming mug!

Effective............

from Warren, MI

About Me Have Medical Condition

Pros

• Easy To Administer
  • Effective

Comments about Theraflu Nighttime Severe Cold & Cough Powder:

The effectiveness of the product cannot be denied. I am a lifelong asthmatic and this can usually get me through without having to resort to nebulizer treatments or a trip to Urgent Care. Not being a big fan of honey, the taste and smell ate a little off putting, but a couple of teaspoons of sugar and a little extra lemon and you're good to go.

Actually VERY delicious & effective

from Chicago, IL

About Me Caregiver

Pros

• Easy To Administer
    • Good Flavor

Comments about Theraflu Nighttime Severe Cold & Cough Powder:

Everyone is saying how they hate the taste but I think it tastes very delicious. To me it just tastes like lemonade tea... Very easy to administer because its just tea. My stuffy nose and sore throat have gotten a lot better as well.

Awesome Product

from Charlotte, NC

About Me Healthy Adult

Pros

• Easy To Administer
      • Effective
      • Relieves Symptoms Fast

Cons

• Poor Taste/Smell

• Congestion
      • Fever
      • Runny Nose & Sneezing

Comments about Theraflu Nighttime Severe Cold & Cough Powder:

This product is amazing! I have used the night time severe cold and cough for a while now and it works every time! Really simple to administer and although the taste isn't great (add some honey to help with that) it works for me almost instantly. I have a lot of trouble falling and staying asleep when I am sick and within minutes of taking this I am nodding off, and usually gets me a full nights sleep. When I wake up my sore throat and stuffy nose are completely gone! I feel like a brand new person absolutely love this product, I keep a box in my medicine cabinet at all times!

ALLERGIES

Pros

• Good Flavor
      • Promotes Healing
      • Relieves Symptoms Fast

• Congestion
        • Runny Nose & Sneezing

Comments about Theraflu Nighttime Severe Cold & Cough Powder:

Living in NORTH FLORIDA is NOT what people think! (Mickey Mouse and sunshine) .
        The absolute WORSE rated place to be in the springtime is HERE!! EAST COAST NORTH FLORIDA where the mighty OAK TREES rain green itchy havoc ( POLLEN ) green/yellow everywhere all over roofs and cars covered!)
        I NEVER had allergies before moving here so many moons ago---NOW the time had come to try this stuff. PRICEY .
        Within an hour symptoms were relived... the hacking cough stopped...but a few hours later it came back so I had to do another dose, the nighttime relief.
        I appears to dry out chest congestion, but then again it rained and THAT ALONE stops and washes the pollen out of the air...

Little to no relief

Comments about Theraflu Nighttime Severe Cold & Cough Powder:

I have severe cold. I took a dose of this product (ghastly taste) and an hour later there were no noticeable improvements. I then took another dose. An hour later there was a small amount of nasal congestion relief. Later that evening wife purchased some Nyquil. THAT WORKED: relieved my congestion and other general symptoms and allowed me to sleep.

so far I'm impressex!

Comments about Theraflu Nighttime Severe Cold & Cough Powder:

Have been suffering with the flu for 48 hours now. I am miserable, mainly because of the high fever and severe aching in my muscles and joints. Also haven't been able to sleep at all today due to the congestion and plugged noae. Up until about 30 minutes ago I had tried to fight this with Motrin, crackers, and large quantities of Gatorade and water. My DH went and got me some of this product to try; it's the packet you mix into hot water then drink down within 10-15 minutes. I daresay my aches seem to already be subsiding a bit, and my nose feels a bit clearer. The flavor of this box is Chamomile, and I have no issue with the taste - it was very mild and easy to get down. I'm sold on this product! Will make sure I have some on hand from now on.

• Cough Suppression:

I can't get through cold and flu season without this

Comments about Theraflu Nighttime Severe Cold & Cough Powder:

Whenever I start having the first signs of a cold, I make sure that I have Theraflu Nighttime Severe Cold & Cough Powder in the house. This is my go to medicine. The combination of the medicine and the warmth of the beverage, help to relieve all the symptoms of a bad cold or the flu.

This product works wonders and drying up your runny nose so you can sleep, and you wake up with out that stopped up feeling that other medications for runny noses produces.

Typically I add one packet of sweetener when I mix this to help make the drink more palatable. Theraflu Nighttime Severe Cold & Cough Powder is so effective that I would drink it even if I didn't have any sweetener or sugar to add to it. The results far out way the taste.

Chest Congestion Relief
        It really works well at thinning out the mucus to relieve your chest congestion.

Relief of Aches & Pains
        I sleep very restfully when I take this medicine, which I think helps with the aches and pains. Since I'm not tossing and turning at night, my body can rest and recuperate.

Cough Suppression
        Theraflu Nighttime Severe Cold & Cough Powder is great at alleviating the post nasal drip that cause the majority of my night time coughing.

Theraflu Nighttime Severe Cough &Cold Powder

from Saint Petersburg Fl

Comments about Theraflu Nighttime Severe Cold & Cough Powder:

It's got a lot of stuff to make you feel better which it does but I strongly advise using this at bedtime and not during the day.

Congestion Relief
        It works pretty well as a decongestant considering I usually can't handle them but the antihistamine balances it out to where I can deal with it alright. If you're like me and get shaky from decongestants, this might be for you. Be aware that this product uses numerous antihistamines and a decongestant as well as an expectorant. You should always read the warning labels and check with your pharmacist or doctor to discuss side effects and possible drug interactions with any drug including over the counter products..

Chest Congestion Relief
        Once again, it seems to work pretty well as a decongestant.

Relief of Aches & Pains
        This peoduct contains tylenol as an analgesic so be aware if you don't like tylenol, you may not want to use this.

Cough Suppression
        This product uses dexamethorphan or DM as a cough suppressant and it works quite well.

Great nighttime medicine

from Stroudsburg, PA

Comments about Theraflu Nighttime Severe Cold & Cough Powder:

The Theraflu Nighttime Severe Cold and Cough is one of my favorite nighttime medicines, even more so then Nyquil. I'm surprised there aren't more powder medicines like this one since it's super easy to use, and tastes decent. It makes all of my symptoms go away fast and easy.

It has acetaminophen ( to reduce and relieve fevers), and diphenhydramine (which is meant to suppress coughs.)

This medicine does an amazing job at relieving throat pain and soreness, aches and pains, headaches, nasal/sinus congestion, runny noses, sneezing, itchy eyes, coughing, reducing fevers, etc.

I felt like I was on cloud nine. I had a horrible, HORRIBLE cold, and after drinking the Theraflu I felt so much better, and it was so much easier to fall asleep. It completely knocked me out for the night. I felt all of my chest and nasal congestion breaking up, and it made it easier to breathe again. My headache also went away, and the fever I had didn't feel as bad as it did before. I wasn't having the terrible chills I was having earlier in the day either.

How you use this is that you are supposed to pour the powder in an 8 oz mug full of hot water, and drink the whole thing within ten to fifteen minutes. The taste wasn't bad at all. It tasted like a medicinal tea.

If you haven't tried this yet, I would pick this up. It's a great nighttime medicine, and if you hate swallowing pills this would be great for you. I thought you should know that this has replaced all of my nighttime cold medicines. I love it.

Congestion Relief
        It gets rid of all, if not most, nasal and chest congestion. My nose wasn't as clogged up, and my chest congestion felt like it was completely gone.

Chest Congestion Relief
        It almost instantly relieves and soothes my chest congestion. The warmness breaks up and thins out chest congestion making my chest less painful when I breathe, and makes it easier to cough out all of that excess mucus.

Relief of Aches & Pains
        It has acetaminophen which I find reduces my fevers, and relieves my headaches/sinus pressure. It also helps with any chills and body pains that I have from being sick.

Cough Suppression
        It has diphenhydramine which is meant for cough suppression. It soothes my throat, and calms down my coughing a lot, especially since it's a warm drink. It coats my throat, and helps me to sleep through the night without any coughing.

• Cough Suppression:

Helps to speed up healing

from Golden, CO

Comments about Theraflu Nighttime Severe Cold & Cough Powder:

I have found theraflu night time severe cough and cold to be one of the better products out there for relief from cold symptoms. Although nothing really cures a cold, this product at least seems to help give some relief to some of the major symptoms. It also helps me to get some sleep which is the best thing for a cold. I really like that it is a powder that can be mixed with hot water to make a nice soothing hot beverage that also helps to relieve my sore throat that can get so raw from all the coughing.

Congestion Relief
        Helps relieve congestion pretty quickly.

Chest Congestion Relief
        Helps break up all that disgusting mucus that builds in chest when I have cold.

Relief of Aches & Pains
        Thera flu doesn't help me so much with the aches and pains I get that are associated with the flu. I usually end up taking another pain reliever as well.

Cough Suppression
        Very soothing on sore throats. Love that it is hot. Usually I can mix this up, drink the mug in about five minutes and start feeling drowsy in a about a half an hour.