Other Cold & Flu Medicines:
TheraFlu Daytime Severe Cold & Cough Powder

TheraFlu Daytime Severe Cold & Cough Powder

Works OK

About Me Healthy Adult

Pros

• Easy To Administer
  • Good Flavor
  • No Side Effects

Cons

• Not Effective

• Congestion

Comments about TheraFlu Daytime Severe Cold & Cough Powder:

I had a 2 week cold with severe congestion for 3 full days. Consuming hot liquids is recommended so I got Therflu, the Lipton lemon flavored one. The taste has drastically improved since the last time I tried this product. This didn't help my congestion at all or cure my headache. I even had bad menstrual cramps and it the Acetaminophen didn't even help that. I let this medicine run its course then switched to another cold medicine.

One drug that never fails!

Comments about TheraFlu Daytime Severe Cold & Cough Powder:

This is my husband's medicine of choice and it works for him. Their flavors have improved in more recent years, so it's not too awful to drink a whole cup. Once it's in you, it gets right to work. My husband can go to work while taking this - it does not make him sleepy and it keeps him feeling much better for almost the entire day. He does sometimes have to take an extra packet with him.

This is most helpful (for him) for coughs, a sore throat, and general body aches. It gets rid of that 'I'm going to just sit here and not move for a while' feeling. At night, he does use the nighttime version of this product for extra help sleeping. Theraflu never fails him!

• Congestion Relief:
  • Chest Congestion Relief:
  • Relief of Aches & Pains:
  • Cough Suppression:

Daytime salvation!

from Pooler, GA

Comments about TheraFlu Daytime Severe Cold & Cough Powder:

I had a terrible cold, it was the week of Christmas and I thought I was going to die! I felt like my head was going to explode and I could hardly look after my children, shop for Christmas, bake for family without wanting to lie down and have it all go away! My friend told me to try the Theraflu Daytime Sever Cold and Cough. This is NOT the liquid, this is the powder that you mix with hot water to make a drink. It has Acetaminophen, a cough suppressant and a nasal decongestant. The flavor is Berry Infused with menthol and green tea flavors. So while everyone was up drinking coffee, I was drinking a hot soothing tea. if was so surpirsed that after drinking it (less than 4 times a day) I was feeling like a different person! Christmas was a sucess!

TheraFlu

from Garland, TX

Comments about TheraFlu Daytime Severe Cold & Cough Powder:

There is no denying the fact that Theraflu tastes horrible. It is by far one of the worst tasting medications that I've taken when I have a cold, though I have family members who don't mind the taste as much as I do.

Taste becomes secondary when you're suffering with a cold and you want relief. When you're sick, you want something that works, and you will usually choke down whatever product offers the best chance of doing that. In that situation, I've found that Theraflu does provide relief from congestion. Like most medications, the relief will only mask the symptoms and they will eventually return. In the meantime, relief is sweet.

Theraflu is one of the medications that I usually try to keep on hand, and when the going gets rough, it's one of the medications that I turn to.

Theraflu cured me!

from Cincinnati, OH

Comments about TheraFlu Daytime Severe Cold & Cough Powder:

I was traveling for work and came down with a very bad cold. I hadn't brought any medicine with me, so I stopped in at the drugstore to see what I could find. Theraflu products were on sale and I had a coupon from the Sunday paper. I had not ever used any Theraflu products before, but since they came out to a good price, I decided to try them. I wasn't very familiar with any of the other available brands, either. (I don't usually come down with bad colds for one reason or another, so I rarely need to buy or use this kind of medication.) I was also attracted to the green tea flavor of this medicine.

Mix one packet with hot water and drink. The flavor isn't great, but not bad, either. I brought the packets to the office with me and drank a couple per day for two or three days and they helped a lot, especially in soothing my cough and scratchy throat.

I would recommend combining the use of Theraflu Daytime with the Theraflu Nighttime powder packets.

Even though this is a daytime-use product and will not cause drowsiness, it does contain powerful ingredients, so make sure to read the instructions and warnings carefully before using!