Other Magazines:

The Week

Only magazine you need

from Banks, OR

Comments about The Week:

We love this magazine. We've gone through tons of subscriptions for many different magazines but usually we end up reading 1/2 the articles or not having time to finish the ones we start. These are good snapshots of what is going on in the world NOT just the US which is very refreshing. I love the quotes, the odd news from around the world and the "boring but important" section. I highly recomend this magazine- it may seem a little expensive at first but it is so worth the money. My husband and I fight over who gets to read it first! :)

Information at it's best!

from Athol, ID

Comments about The Week:

This magazine is unlike the other "News" magazines on the market. They just tell the story! We were given a gift subscription for Christmas a couple years ago. We let it lapse last year, but are ready to subscribe again. I feel uninformed on too many issues. I miss the unbiased reports, the views of our country as reported in world wide media, the book reviews and the story at the back of each magazine.

Best News Source for the most events worldwide

from Lutz, FL

Comments about The Week:

This relatively young magazine has a great way of bringing the most topics and events worldwide to one magazine.  Up-to-date weekly publications.  If you are pressed for time, this is the news magazine for you.  Covers many events not covered by your local news sources.

Keeps me up-to-date on news and views from around the world.

from Charlottesville, VA

Comments about The Week:

My family has subscribed to The Week for a couple of years, and can't imagine living without it. Everyone in the house, from 47 to 13, reads it every week. It has a good mix of light and heavy articles, news and editorials, current events and human interest. One of my favorite features is the excerpted article in the back of every issue -- always something surprising, informative, and entertaining.I do wish The Week would expand the selection of columnists whose work they feature. The magazine tries to list the pros and cons on every issue, but when the views are coming from the same sources every week (National Review, Washington Post, NY Times, etc), they become a little stale and predictable. Shake it up a little!

The Reader's Digest of news magazines.

from Detroit, MI

Comments about The Week:

The Week has short, to the point, reporting of the week's events around the world, as well, as business, travel, reviews, and opinions.  The longer articles include excerpts of other publications coverage, to give a range of opinions on that event.  I'm always reading about news I don't hear about any other way.

Get the latest news with a twist of humor.

from Lugoff, SC

Comments about The Week:

Our house receives "The Week" magazine faithfully.  We read it from cover to cover.  It has the latest and hottest news in the country and it also offers humor along the way.  The articles are not too long and once you start reading one, you are anxious to keep reading the next page and the next page, and the next page.  For news buffs, like us, this is a must have.  My husband almost cried when he thought I forgot to renew the subscription.  Not to worry, I was way ahead of the final notice.

it may seem quirky at first, but read on

from Boulder, CO

Comments about The Week:

At first I thought that this little magazine I found in the doctor's office would be hokey. However, it is like the best of all worlds. The editors have travelled the world searching for editorial voices on every side of the issue. Unlike many of the corporate news magazines, The Week providers readers with a balanced blend of viewpoints. It allows the reader to make their decision on where they stand.

"The Week" is wonderful. It reviews all the news and more.

from Elmhurst, IL

Comments about The Week:

"The Week" has been coming to our home for 4 years. My husband looks forward to it every week, even though he reads the newspaper daily. "The Week" reviews so many stories that are missed in the paper. It details stories in the way they deserve. No fluff. It covers world news and personal stories. I forgot to renew "The Week" in time and missed 2 weeks of it. We were lost without it, and delighted to see it start up again.

Everything you need to know without any crap

from Ulysses, PA

Comments about The Week:

The Week is by far the easiest way to keep up on current events. It is in no way a "news for dummies" tho and keeps you completely informed on the issues and also gives opposing editorials on the issues. We have subscribed for about 3 years and couldn't live without it!! And as a quick note, the cover art is always entertaining, I've even considered framing them :) This is one subscribtion that is worth it!!

The best way to find out a little bit about a lot!

from Plainsboro, NJ

Comments about The Week:

The Week magazine is a 40-page magazine that offers articles about absolutely everything that's worth knowing each week.  There are sections for national and international news, but also weekly features on health, science, travel, book reviews, music and movie reviews and more. There are very few advertisements and you can read cover to cover in an hour or two. I love it!