2.3

The Perfect Pancake MakerThe Perfect Pancake Pan

2.3

Pros

Cons

Works well for a while but then stops working.

I bought The Perfect Pancake Maker when it first came out on and when I first saw the commercial for it on TV. I was really excited to get it in the mail because my kids and I love eating pancakes for breakfast. I use the boxed mix pancakes to make my breakfast pancakes. The first pancake I made in The Perfect Pancake Maker, I burned it. I think I had the stove top on too high, so I lowered it a bit and tried making the pancakes again. The second pancake, and all the pancakes after that I made in the batch, came out close to perfect. They were the perfect color and had the perfect texture inside. They were fluffy just like my kids and I like them and eat them. They taste just like they would when I would normally make them using a regular pan.
Using The Perfect Pancake Maker to make pancakes saved me a lot of time. It was much easier than making them in a regular pan. I would just pour the batter in it, leave it on the stove top for a little bit, then flip it over for the other side of the pancake to cook. The pancakes tasted great and were cooked close to perfection. I even used The Perfect Pancake Maker to make grilled cheese sandwiches. They were some of the best sandwiches I ever made.
As mush as I loved The Perfect Pancake Maker and as much as I used it, it got scratched a little and it stopped working like before. The pancakes were getting burned and did not cook fully through, so after a year of use, I had to throw it away.

The Perfect Pancake Maker isn't so perfect.

I was so excited when I got my Perfect Pancake Maker. I am usually one to urge people to buy such gadgets if they make my life easier, and this one had the promise to blow my mind. But it didn't. I was going to make pancakes with my Perfect Pancake Maker on my birthday, to serve with friends. Seems simple enough . . .  Pour the batter on one side, clsoe the top, wait till the bottom is done cookine, then flip and not have to worry about sloppy flips. Not so with the Perfect Pancake Maker. You have to flip it really fast, to keep your pncakes from sliding all over the place - and batter from eeking out the sides and on to your burner (which leaves a lovely burnt smell in your kitchen). That I can deal with, I can work on technique and become a master at flipping with the Perfect Pancake Maker. What I cannot deal with is the fact that it BROKE on my SECOND pancake. The hinges busted and that was the end of my Perfect Pancake Birthday Brunch. I was forced to serve mediocre pancakes via skillet. Not as fun as a potentially awesome Perfect Pancake Maker.

Broke after the first 4 pancakes

from Pinellas Park, FL

Comments about The Perfect Pancake Maker The Perfect Pancake Pan:

I thought this would be a great idea. This broke after 5 minutes on the stove. I opened to check and there were the screws falling in my pancakes. Look carefully if this happens. I almost didn't catch it and would have served pancakes with screws in the middle to my little kids. What a stupid product. Its in the trash now. Oh and although it makes a nice pancake it doesn't brown them. This pan sucks

Oh, this product is just awful.

from Kansas

Comments about The Perfect Pancake Maker The Perfect Pancake Pan:

I have a weird fascination with the as seen on T.V. products. I'm always torn between "that is one of the most useless things ever" and "I NEED THAT RIGHT NOW BUT I DON'T KNOW WHY!?" This was one of those things I wanted, not that I really needed it, but it looked like it would make some pretty pancakes just using the small pan. So, I ordered it, of course. I received it in the mail, it looked pretty cheap as I expected. I went to give it a try and that's when I made a HUGE mess [oh and set off my smoke detector]. I went to flip it as directed and the pancake mix spilled out everywhere...right on the burner and stove top. After I cleaned up the mess and got my smoke detector to stop yelling at me, I tried again because I thought I had done something wrong. This time I burned the one side of the pancake but luckily I was prepared for spillage this time and tried to flip it carefully. Yep, spilled out again, but at least i knew it was going to happen. Right in the trash it went. I do not recommend this product, it's completely useless.

Works well for a while but then stops working.

didn't like this

from La Rue, OH

Comments about The Perfect Pancake Maker The Perfect Pancake Pan:

My husband and I received The Perfect Pancake Maker in a gift exchange at church. I was a little disappointed when I saw what it was but did not want to seem ungrateful. When we got home, we decided to try it out. We mixed up our batter and poured it in and watched it cook. When we started to flip it, we discovered that there was still uncooked batter when it spilled out all over our counter. I don't see any way to correct this problem since the first side was perfectly golden brown and cooking it longer in an attempt to prevent the runny batter when you flip it would result in burning the first side. My husband and I each tried cooking several pancakes and always ended up with the same runny mess. Because this was a gift we could not return it. And since it has turned out to be totally useless for us, we decided to donate it to our local Goodwill.Overall, this is the worse little unit I have ever seen. I do not recommend it to anyone. I do own several indoor grills, but this is supposed to be specifically for pancakes, so it isn't the same. But one of the reason I own so many grills is that I am constantly trying to find the one that is perfect for all of my grilling needs. I receive many as gifts as well. And this particular pancake maker did not work well at all so we did not keep it.

A big disappointment

Comments about The Perfect Pancake Maker The Perfect Pancake Pan:

My son begged me to buy this product, which I did because what mother doesn't want to make her son happy? Pancakes are his favorite breakfast food, but I put him off for several months so he could have it has a birthday present. Alas, his initial elation drained to him renaming the product, "How to Mess Up a Pancake."

My son was so disappointed! No matter how he tried, he couldn't get it to flip without making a mess of batter flying everywhere. I wasn't very successful, either, and my husband, who is a cook, thought this product was lightweight and silly.

Teflon got scratched up immediately.

We only cleaned it a few times, because we only used it 2-3 times.

We just couldn't get the hang of the flip -- and my son gave up. I tried to keep using it, but he was so crestfallen and disappointed. He was correct, too, that it didn't really work that well, and was not a significant enough improvement over more conventional pans. We returned to using a castiron skillet for pancake making.

The perfect mess maker

from Chesterton, IN

Comments about The Perfect Pancake Maker The Perfect Pancake Pan:

I found The Perfect Pancake Maker clearance I thought what the heck, I love pancakes so let's give it a try! Horrible idea on my part and I should have done a little research before buying. But when you're standing in the clearance section and there is only one left you don't really have too much time to think.

So I used it to make pancakes one Saturday morning and it was awful. I made sure to read the instructions before using it. They are in no way complicated so I thought OK easy. WRONG! I think I filled it up oo much because one side was cooked while the other side was soggy with uncooked batter on it. I tried flipping it myself but ended up making a huge mess. I cleaned up and tried again, this time with less batter but the same thing happened, one side cooked, the other not. I finally gave up and just make them the good old fashion way in a skillet on the stove top.

If you do happen to get this thing to work, you will quickly see that it's not a very efficient way to do breakfast for multiple people since you can only make one at a time. If you have a lot of mouths to feed I would skip this and stocked to using the stove top. This thing not worth the fuss and mess and you can only make one pancake at a time.

No way

Comments about The Perfect Pancake Maker The Perfect Pancake Pan:

Got this as a gift because of my reputation for how much I love pancakes.

Tried this out and I find this to be a terrible product. The reason is because it is very cheap in quality and you can tell it is very poorly made, hence their price selling point.

First you can only cook one pancake at a time. There is a non stick coating, but it's a poor coating that comes off after washing. It's hard to flip the pan over without making a mess as the contents will spill over this is because the enclosure is not a tight steal.

I wouldn't even accept it if this item was free.

I've tried using pam cooking spray, but it still sticks. After two uses, I said forget it. It's not worth it. I'm not too sure why it looks awesome on the commericials, but practically, it makes a great mess, and it's not a good product at all

The pancake mix will spill when you flip it over because there is about a 1/4 inch gap in between the plates and therefore you will spill every single time. It's a flawed product that should not have been made to market.

Perfect Pancake Maker Review

from Miami, FL

Comments about The Perfect Pancake Maker The Perfect Pancake Pan:

I try to avoid making pancakes because either burn them or can't get my spatula in the pan to flip them without it falling completely apart. But the Perfect Pancake Maker makes cooking pancakes so flawlessly. Just pour the batter and flip after a minute. I'm never going back to normal pans when I need to make pancakes again.

Makes evenly cooked thick pancakes with ease. Nonstick coating ensures that the pancakes don't stick so they never break. Just like restaurant quality pancakes.

It isn't the highest quality metal pan on the market but it serves the purpose of just making pancakes. I would guess that within a few years once the nonstick coating wears out it will be time to buy a new one but I wouldn't be worried that the pan would fall apart until that time comes.

Either wipe down with a damp rag or wash it in the sink with soap and water. It is just like any nonstick skillet you own at home.

So simple to use. Just open the pans and pour the batter. Place on stove top and flip after a minute.

not so perfect pancake maker

from VA

Comments about The Perfect Pancake Maker The Perfect Pancake Pan:

My mom got this for me when she saw them on clearance dirt cheap in walgreens in their as seen on tv aisle. she thought it would perfect to make the kids pancakes with. Yeah. not really. I was really excited about it until I made the first pancake. When the first side was nice and golden brown, I turned it, and there goes a bunch of batter spilling all over. I cleaned up the mess, and reread the directions thinking maybe I had done it wrong, but nope. So this time I waited a bit longer, but the same thing happened. i was not impressed to say the least. i think I will stick with my griddle or my griddle pan. Quicker when making multiple pancakes anyhow. I will say, after reading some reviews I tried making grilled sandwhiches in it, and those turn out a lot better. But again, unless you are only making ONE sandwhich, it's not very quick. Cleaning the pan is ok. Not too hard and nothing sticks. Storing it is easy as well.

We like this for tortillas!

from Liberty, KY

Comments about The Perfect Pancake Maker The Perfect Pancake Pan:

We have a flat, open grill to make pancakes. This unit, while it does make nice pancakes, can only make one at a time. For a large family that can be a very slow process. And then you have to either dole out one pancake at a time (and it's soon gobbled up before the next one is made) or keep them in the oven so you can serve up a few stacks of them at the same time. That being said, we LOVE this unit for heating tortillas and making our style of quesadillas. You just have to be careful to not overfill them so you don't have a gooey, cheesy mess to clean up.

It makes a fine pancake. It just takes too long to make enough for a family. However, this unit is excellent for making quesadillas, and would be an great thing to have on hand for a couple or a single person who only needs one item at a time (or just a few).

We've had no problems with ours. Seems to be lasting okay.

Just wipe with a paper towel or damp sponge once the unit has cooled down.