3,502 reviews
Other Clothings:
The Hartford

Summary

Safeguard your business with industry-leading personal and commercial insurance, group benefits and mutual funds.

Read 3,502 Reviews

The Hartford

The Stag Stands Tall... even during hunting season?

"There are worse things in life than death. Have you ever spent an evening with an insurance salesman?"
Woody Allen.
In my case it was merely a phone...Read complete review

Woody Allen.
In my case it was merely a phone call, that turned into a very satisfying experience!
Let's face it, no one likes to spend money for car insurance, but, it is the lesser of two evils. So, with this in mind, I called the number on an AARP advertisement I had received in the mail. The concept overwhelmed me as I began to come to terms with the fact I was now an old dude...OMG!! Joining AARP...there could be no return!?!
I had just leased an Acura MDX, and was in need of some insurance. Apparently, being loyal to a particular insurance agency is not in vogue these days, and I was forced to change my thinking, in fear of becoming ostracized!
As the phone rang and I awaited what might become the dreaded greeting from a complacent, uninterested, non-english speaking person, a sunshine of hope appeared on the horizon. His name was Dillard!!
I wasn't prepared for Dillard, I was suited up for what I thought was going to be something similar to the D-Day invasion. Nothing was going to survive my onslaught!! But, as it turns out, and to my surprise, a shining knight began to speak. Dillard was courteous, caring, informative, and I began to think this must be the new Google Duplex I had heard about? No, it was just an old school guy, who had old school values concerning customer care!
Dillard is the kind of customer service that all phone prospects should receive. Hartford (and AARP), should make sure this man walks on rose pedals, never to feel the ground that mere mortals walk upon.
He made what is normally equated to a trip to the dentist's office an enjoyable event.
My kudos to Dillard, Hartford, and AARP, for bringing light to what was formerly darkness.
I'd give ten stars if possible!! ;-)

What a mess and hassle!

I first got online and received a quote. I needed additional information so I called the number listed. A woman answered and I explained my policy with another company was going to be renewed 7/12/2018 and that I wanted to cancel with them and get a policy with Hartford. She gave me a quote then told me how much a month it was and how much it would be if done in 2 payments. She then informed me I had to be an AARP member to receive insurance from Hartford. This is after being on the phone for 30 mins. I instructed her I wanted the policy to start 7/11/2018. Which makes sense because my other policy went thru 7/12/2018. I had to join AARP much to my dismay because of their political affiliations and I had to give her my credit card in a separate transaction for that. Then I paid for half a year installment with another credit card. This took so much time I could not believe it. Then she said you are set and that she would send me documents by email to sign. Well I got those documents and first. My name was not as the policy holder. The secondary drivers names was on as the policy holder. Second she started the date of insurance at 6/11/2018. That was a month early!!!! So I called the Hartford back and they told me they had to cancel that policy. This is after being transferred to 4 people. And having to give name address and birthdate to each one and start the story over each time. I was livid now. The new agent said she had to cancel that policy and makes a new one. So here we went with all the prescriptes things she had to say and a thousand questions she asked me. They already had all the info in their system!!! She then said it would be over a hundred dollars more to change the start date!! Their system of information failure in several departments was now going to cost me more to get what I asked for in the first place. I asked to speak to a supervisor. The supervisors told me she would look into all this but could not call me back the next day after 12. Failure

Easy to change company

from Scarsdale ny

Great job

The process was easy

from 32707 fl

Comments about The Hartford:

Getting the policy has been frustrating

It was really easy to work with this company

from Melbourne, FL

Good job!!!!

Your representative was a great and knowlegeable person

from Norwalk, CT

Perfect experience!

Poor online app. set up

from Chino Valley, Az

Comments about The Hartford:

I was excited to insure our vehicles with the Hartford. I went online and filled out the application. It took me quite awhile as I wanted to make sure I had the coverage we need for our 4 vehicles. When I was done I was invited to buy the policy which I did. I was sent a confirmation email. I had contacted my current insurance company to cancel. I a short time I was sent another email from the Hartford telling me we had been denied coverage due to a suspended license of one of the drivers. That whole process should have been taken care of BEFORE the invitation to purchase.

Initial bump - then great

from NY

Comments about The Hartford:

I received an email quote from the Hartford on-line service. DO NOT EVER call the phone number in the email 1-888-629-7725; this was an endless series of scam offers.
I then tried calling the number given to me by AARP 1 888 701 5920; this got me right to a sales agent who was helpful, knowledgable, and polite, I was very pleased with the call and the outcome (yes I am now covered on my car insurance).

Easy to choice coverage & work with price

from Baraboo. Wi

Comments about The Hartford:

I try to return to quote several time. The quote got lost so I had to get other quote before purchase a policy.

It was easy and pleasant dealing with The Hartford.

from Bozeman, Mt.

Comments about The Hartford:

Great, easy to understand.

Exelente

from Odessa tx

Great

Easy change

from Gresham OR

Comments about The Hartford:

It was a very easy experience. Zach the Rep. was very knowledgeable and made the change over easy. I saved a lot of money and I hope to be very happy with the decision.