1,190 reviews
Other Clothings:
The Hartford

Summary

Safeguard your business with industry-leading personal and commercial insurance, group benefits and mutual funds.

Read 1,190 Reviews

The Hartford

The Stag Stands Tall... even during hunting season?

"There are worse things in life than death. Have you ever spent an evening with an insurance salesman?"
Woody Allen.
In my case it was merely a phone...Read complete review

Woody Allen.
In my case it was merely a phone call, that turned into a very satisfying experience!
Let's face it, no one likes to spend money for car insurance, but, it is the lesser of two evils. So, with this in mind, I called the number on an AARP advertisement I had received in the mail. The concept overwhelmed me as I began to come to terms with the fact I was now an old dude...OMG!! Joining AARP...there could be no return!?!
I had just leased an Acura MDX, and was in need of some insurance. Apparently, being loyal to a particular insurance agency is not in vogue these days, and I was forced to change my thinking, in fear of becoming ostracized!
As the phone rang and I awaited what might become the dreaded greeting from a complacent, uninterested, non-english speaking person, a sunshine of hope appeared on the horizon. His name was Dillard!!
I wasn't prepared for Dillard, I was suited up for what I thought was going to be something similar to the D-Day invasion. Nothing was going to survive my onslaught!! But, as it turns out, and to my surprise, a shining knight began to speak. Dillard was courteous, caring, informative, and I began to think this must be the new Google Duplex I had heard about? No, it was just an old school guy, who had old school values concerning customer care!
Dillard is the kind of customer service that all phone prospects should receive. Hartford (and AARP), should make sure this man walks on rose pedals, never to feel the ground that mere mortals walk upon.
He made what is normally equated to a trip to the dentist's office an enjoyable event.
My kudos to Dillard, Hartford, and AARP, for bringing light to what was formerly darkness.
I'd give ten stars if possible!! ;-)

Dissatisfied customer

After 18 yrs of being a loyal customer with no tickets or accidents until this past year, my reward is an $800/yr penalty that lasts 5 yrs (=$4,000). Did I ever receive a reward or decreased rates for my unblemished record? No, of course not! But the minute I actually need the insurance I've been paying into all these years what happens? I get penalized and considered a high risk driver. Well let me remind you of 4 things. 1st, the incident in 6/17 involved some unknown person hitting my truck from behind while I was in a restaurant having coffee and breakfast with my buddies - I suppose I should pay a price for that use of your services! 2nd, the incident in 12/17 involved me driving at < 5 mph and accidentally side swiping a parked car while trying to pull into a parking spot in downtown Seattle. 3rd, I also have used the Hartford for homeowners insurance for many years...but I suppose that counts for nothing! 4th, this action on your part (high penalty) takes me out of the ranks of a happy, content Hartford customer. No, I feel dissed and taken advantage of and no longer will be singing the praises of your company...as I have done for many years. No, I will be actively looking for a new insurance company for both my Auto and my Homeowners policies.
Unhappy customer!

It was easy.

from Columbia, SC

It was good.

Quick and easy.

from Williamston, NC

Comments about The Hartford:

When talking to the representative it was great, they explained things well and answered all my questions. The emails that were sent were impossible to open and I needed to call and get them uncoded. Very annoying but once I was able to get in to them it was fine.

Very easy working with The Hartford!

from East Haven, CT

Comments about The Hartford:

Your customer service person, Kelsy, was a pleasure and excellent to work with and made my stressful experience very easy.

The lady I spoke with was very Knowledgeable!

from Ethel Louisiana

Comments about The Hartford:

It was a very good experience!Yes

The agent was very helpful.

from Milwaukee, Wi

Comments about The Hartford:

I know have Hartford insurance instead of my former company.

Unexpected Surprise

from Longboat Key FL

Comments about The Hartford:

I was about to have my new insurance agent (for homeowners, auto and umbrella policies) switch to a new auto insurance company when an email from Hartford appeared in my mailbox. I usually don't respond to such email but this one was very timely. I called the number, answered some questions, got a quote and, amazingly, the Hartford policy was more favorable than the one I was just about to buy from the agent. I had to call agent up and give her the disappointing news that I'd gone with The Hartford instead. When I gave her the details she said she understood completely. The process was easy, clean and fast. Lucky I didn't delete that email.

Great to work with Dave of the Hartford

from White Plains, NY

Comments about The Hartford:

Dave was great, he explained everything and was a pleasure to speak with throughout the process.

The Stag Stands Tall... even during hunting season?

from Rochester

Woody Allen.
I'd give ten stars if possible!! ;-)

It was really easy working with the Hartford company'

from Lacey,Washington State

Comments about The Hartford:

My expereince was great. The whole staff was excellent to work with,they went the extra mile to help me save a lot of money and for that I am very thankfull. That is why I have been with the Hartford company for 20 years now.

Saved a few bucks with the Auto and Home Policy

from Connecticut

Comments about The Hartford:

Easy process to apply over the phone, friendly and courteous agent made the process enjoyable and saved me a few dollars with my ARRP membership. Thanks Peggy