3.4

3.4

Pros

Cons

• Versatility:

I can't live without this

Oh my goodness, I love this pump!  My daughter had heart surgery at 2 months old and she could not breastfeed for a month.  While we were in the hospital, I used the hospital breast pump which is really good and really expensive.  When I got home, my daughter was not interested in breasfeeding, but I still wanted her to get my breastmilk.  My mom bought this pump for me and it was the best thing ever!

I really like how you can pump both breasts at the same time, which cut down on time.  It also has a t-handle grip, so you can  pump while holding it with one hand!  AWESOME!  It was super easy to clean and also very easy to assemble.  I loved that it had a couple different adapter rings that you could attatch so that you could pump right into different sized bottles.

The pump itself is in a black bag which you put all the other stuff into when you were done, so it would be easy to take this to work.  It would just look like you are carrying a larger purse around.

After using the hospital pump, I can hinestly say this one was as good or even better in my opinion.  Not that expensive for the value, and the health of your baby!

I would say that the only con is that is pretty noisy!

The pump is what you pay for.

I own the double breast pump version of this, but only use it for one side at a time.  I just don't have the coordination to do both sides and the set up for dual-pumping is weird and hard to adjust to my body shape.  If you are going to use it for dual pumping, get a bandeau bra.  It's the way to go.

But I am posting primarily to share the best way to clean the tubes.  After 4 months of use, I had milk back up in the tubes for the first time.  Here's what you do.

Boil some water in a teakettle and hold the tubing with tongs over the sink and pour through the end that attaches to the pump and get the hot water to flow through both sides.  Then get some rubbing alcohol and the nose squeeze bulb that they send you home from the hospital with.  It fits perfectly on the end of the pump tubing.  Fill the bulb with alcohol and run through each side and allow to air dry.  The boiled water will get the milk out and the alcohol will sanitize and help it to dry out more quickly and you can prevent mold growth.

Overall, the pump is what you pay for.  It works no doubt, just be aware that it isn't perfect.  I use it every day, get about 4 ounces out each pumping time and it takes about 20 to 30 min to to both sides separately.

I read a lot of people saying that the pump made them bleed.  Work your way up to the highest setting.  When I first started, I would get some pain if I pumped at too high a rate, but that was totally my fault not the pump.  Your body needs to toughen up.  Now I can just go for it when I pump and crank it up from the beginning with no issues.

Also, don't be afraid to give the pump some help at the end and give yourself a little manual squeeze.  Because I am pumping at work and my supply is diminishing, I was thrilled to know I could get an extra bit out if I helped myself along after it appeared that I was dry.

What I think is kind of silly is the cradle design if you always have to keep it together to use it. Why design a cradle that comes apart if it doesn't work when it is apart (from what I can tell).

Average quality pump, motor burnt out from use

from Staunton, VA

Comments about The First Years miPump Double Electric Breast Pump:

The First Years double electric breast bump held up pretty well for the first six months of use. The assembly of the pieces wasn't difficult because it included clear directions. A few of the smaller pump pieces can be difficult to clean, but using the nipple-cleaning side of a bottle brush helps. The pump has a reasonable range of adjustable sections for how much suction you needed, including a setting for getting your milk to start letting down, as well as another setting for when your milk had let down and was flowing rapidly.

There were some drawbacks to this pump, most of all that after six months of daily use it began losing suction, to the point that it took longer to pump and I couldn't get my breasts emptied like I had previously. Eventually around month seven of use the motor burnt out.

The handle is a little awkward to hold if you desire to pump both breasts at the same time. Overall for the lower cost and ability to pump several times daily for six months, this pump may be just right for someone with lower pumping needs or a small budget.

Worked for me!

from Sonora, CA

Comments about The First Years miPump Double Electric Breast Pump:

I had a hard time picking out a pump as a first time mom, but I ended up with this one and I'm glad. It was a little intimidating at first with all the little parts, but it's easy to assemble. It was comfortable and you can start out on a low speed and work your way up as you adjust. I do highly, highly suggest you invest in a hands-free bra for this though, it made it so much nicer. Afterwards, just save your milk and stick the containers with all the little parts in baggies in the fridge (save on washing every single time, only wash every other day).

Great Pump

Comments about The First Years miPump Double Electric Breast Pump:

I received this pump as a gift from a friend of mine who received another pump and did not need this one. I love it! I don't pump very often but when I do, I love using my mipump! It has great suction. My favorite part of it is the part that attaches to the breast itself. It is a soft flexible plastic that molds to the breast and is very comfortable. The pump I used previously had a hard plastic and it left my breasts very sore. This pump does the exact opposite! If you are looking for a basic inexpensive pump that you don't use daily ( i.e you pump all day at work) this pump is perfect for you!

Great pump!

Comments about The First Years miPump Double Electric Breast Pump:

This pump has been very useful. I also love that includes the carrying tote (which is very cute and you'd never guess there's a breast pump inside) and the bottle. My son has never had trouble (reflux, bad spit-up, etc) with the way the bottle lets the milk flow out. It's a great buy!
Update: Watch out that you are VERY careful that fluid does not get into the tubing. And ALWAYS be sure that the part with the flap that allows the milk to flow into the bottle is not stuck. I accidentally did not wash it once and it was stuck shut and I didn't realize it... I started pumping and instead of flowing into the bottle, the milk backed up and ended up sucking into the tubing! I quickly stopped, but the damage was done. Over just a couple weeks enough of the fluid had gotten into the pump and damaged it enough that the suction was practically gone. Completely my fault, not the pumps, but nonetheless it was ruined. However, I did end up re-buying the exact same one... and now I'm VERY careful about keeping it clean and dry: no problems since!

Good for the Price

from Waseca, MN

Comments about The First Years miPump Double Electric Breast Pump:

I bought this pump before my daughter was born and am satisfied with its efficiency. I am a stay at home mom and this pumps enough from each breast in about 15 minutes. I would not suggest this pump for a women who needs to pump quickly and a lot for work needs. This one would pump to slow for that. I loved the freezer zip bags that came with this product. Very easy to store and pour. The machine is very easy to clean and put together. I would suggest it for any stay at home mother. It is also very easy to travel with because it comes with its own tote bag. The pump has 6 settings and you don't need to have it on the highest level to get milk.

• Versatility:

Great pump ! Highly recommend it !

Comments about The First Years miPump Double Electric Breast Pump:

I bought this pump when I had my first child and I used it to exclusively pump for 8 months (while my baby was getting only my pumped breastmilk). Now I have a second child and I am using the same pump I used with my first one. Although I used it before for 8 months, the pump is still working GREAT ! At each pumping session I get anywhere between 10-15 oz (combined from both breasts). I like this pump because I can control the speed, it’s quiet, portable. I hope that my pump will not burn out (although I have been reading that the pump can be used for 2+ children).

• Versatility:

Only recommended for infrequent use.

Comments about The First Years miPump Double Electric Breast Pump:

I received this pump as a gift. I am glad I never had to pay for it because I would have been even more disappointed . Although it pumps alright and I get a good amount of milk each time , I am disappointed with the handle. I am unable to pumP both sides at once with this as once I get it on one side the other side won't suction because the shield won't fit correctly. The parts are also difficult to clean and I don't have a dishwasher. I would only recommend this pump for infrequent pumping.

• Versatility:

do not waist your money!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comments about The First Years miPump Double Electric Breast Pump:

I purchased this pump thinking I was getting a great value! HA! This pump was a waist of my money!!! I was even more upset because it took me over 1 hr to pump an oz!!! Why you ask? Because the highest setting is the only setting that sucks! The other settings are sooo slow & has no sucking! After two weeks of using the pump, it stoped working!! I called the manafacture and they offered to replace the pump, however it would take 3-5 business days for me to recieve it! Okay? this was the only way that my daughter would recieve brest milk, so now I'm foced to supplemnt why I wait for these idiots! Plus I would have to pay for the return shiping of the defective product!

This product leaks, does not suck, and is a waist of plastic!!!!!!!

Save your money and buy a different kind of pump, because this one only causes problems!!!!

not worth it!

from De Soto, IL

Comments about The First Years miPump Double Electric Breast Pump:

I had this pump with my first son after six weeks it lost all suction and it was a bad pump! If you are going to spend the money get something of higher quality. You get what you pay for and if you buy a cheap manual pump you will get a cheaply made product that wont last. I am very disapointed with this pump and will tell everyone i know to stear clear of it! Its not worth the money!!

Convenient and effective for infrequent use

from Lawrence, KS

Comments about The First Years miPump Double Electric Breast Pump:

My husband and I spent a lot of time searching for just the right breast pump for occasional usage for after our daughter was born.  Since hospitals use and recommend Medela, we thought about going with that but it was really expensive and I only planned to pump when I would be away from my daughter, which is not very often as I am a stay at home mom.  We chose the Mi Pump because it was on sale and fit within our price range.  We looked up some reviews before we purchased it and they all seemed to say what we wanted to hear.  The only deterrent was the fact that it lost suction after a lot of use, but we have yet to run into that problem (probably because we don't use it often).  It is a single pump, which I took to mean it was meant for infrequent, occasional usage.   After all, why would you buy a SINGLE pump if you planned to pump exclusively?  It does take a while, but the suction works great and I love how adjustable it is.  We have had no issues so far whatsoever.  Plus it came with a cute little carrying bag!  It's also nice that you have the option to either plug it in or have it battery operated.