Other Baby Tubs & Seats:

Pros

Cons

• Versatility:
    • Safety:

This is a Great (and Safe) Tub For That Growing Baby!

After using the [Summer Infant Baby Bather][1]  for we had to move up in size when our baby got to six months and was too big for the first one.  We were gifted one of these **Sure Comfort Deluxe tubs**, which can be used for both newborns and toddlers.  Our daughter took to the new tub right away, and with the added freedom and space of this new tub also came the fun she now has with bath time.  It isn't so much a chore anymore as a time to bond between us and the baby, and this is a great tool to have on hand during that process.

This is another very affordable bathtub to have around the house, but it isn't quite as baby safe as the Summer Infant Bather.  The reason for that, is that when you move to a real tub such as this one, your baby is already more energetic and mobile, making bath time a process where the parent has to be even more vigilant about what the baby is doing.  As long as you place the baby in the tub correctly, they are going to be perfectly safe, just make sure to always read the instructions first so that you know you are on the right page.  Using this tub exactly as directed, you are going to end up with some great results from this **Sure Comfort Deluxe Tub**.

The bath cradle holds your baby in place, and is contoured to give them a good back rest in the tub.  There are separate sides for the toddler and infant, and both sides are constructed so that it doesn't take a lot of effort from the parent to wash your baby.  With the baby in one side, it means you can also place the shampoo or wash cloth on the other side while you are washing them.  The tub fits nicely in the bottom of our real bathtub, and holds the warm water in while you are using it.  At the bottom of the tub there is a hole with a stopped so you can let the water our when you are done.  Cleaning up this tub is also a snap with just a simple wipe-down.  We enjoy using this tub, and recommend it to any parents looking to enjoy bath time with their young toddlers.

**Other Bath Time Products:**

[S.C. Shampoo Rinse Cup][2]

[Johnson Head-to-Toe Baby Wash][3]

[1]: http://www.viewpoints.com/Summer-Infant-Baby-Bather-review-ce933
[2]: http://www.viewpoints.com/S-C-Products-Shampoo-Rinse-Cup-review-34ac
[3]: http://www.viewpoints.com/Johnson-Johnson-Head-to-Toe-Baby-Wash-review-fdbe0

The First Years tub is good for the first few months

The First Year's Sure Comfort Newborn to Toddler tub With Sling is great . . . for newborns and infants, but not toddlers. Our son outgrew this tub by 7 months. By then, his feet were hanging over the sides. But let me start with the positives. As first time parents, we were happy to receive this tub at our Baby Shower. The sling made it extra easy and cradled our newborn son, so we could bathe him without much worry. I also liked that the tub fit in our double sink. Once he no longer needed the sling, we moved The First Year's tub to our bathroom tub and bathed him in there. Once he could sit up with support, we turned the tub around and used the toddler side. The design of the tub was good enough to keep him in place. I also like the mildrew-resistant pads. This helped keep the tub clean between baths. Unfortunately, the tub only lasted us 7 months. Our son is rather tall for his age and we didn't feel it safe to continue keeping him in the tub. Plus, he wasn't comfortable. So we looked for a transitions tub since he was still too small to put in the big tub on his own and that is what we bought and are using now. Would I recommend The First Year's Sure Comfort Newborn to Toddler tub? Sure, but I would advise parents that it mostly likely won't last your child until toddlerhood and be prepared to purchase a transitions tub.

Could get by without it.

from Surprise, AZ

Comments about The First Years Sure Comfort Deluxe Newborn to Toddler Tub with Sling:

After trying this tub for both of my kids I am finally convinced that it was a waste of money...luckily, it's not expensive.  It seems like a great idea but small infants can't hold themselves up in the tub and it is too small for large infants.  It is just not necessary.  I ended up bathing my son in the sink the first few months.  I felt like I had better control of him if I was holding him.  The sponge in the bathtub also accumulates water and if you don't clean it out regularly, it smells.  I just don't think it's worth it for what you get.  There are other more expensive bathtubs out there that have toys attached to them and are more attractive to look at but the infants are so small when they are used, that they don't even play with the toys on the bathrub anyway.  It might work for others but I just didn't feel safe using it with my baby sliding around all over it.  Dont' waste your money.

The First Year's Infant To Toddler Tub with Sling is pretty good

from Sacramento, CA

Looking for the perfect bath tub is tough, I read tons of reviews and decided to go with this tub.  So far I am happy with the tub and the sling.  I have only used it with a newborn, so I have only used the sling and I am happy with it.  I really like the way the sling keeps the baby "higher" in the tub, my daughter likes to look around and is able to when she is on the sling.  The sling also has a padded head area to be more comfortable for the baby.  The sling was very easy to put on and is very stable.  It does get a tad slippery and sometimes she slides down it, but not in an unsafe manner.

The tub is very large and is a strange shape.  It takes up a lot of space, but I think it will be great when my daughter is bigger, I think the space will be wanted.

I have not been able to see if the water temp plug actually works, but it does not seem to change at all.

Overall, the tub is working out great and I would recommend the tub to others

Worked for both of our kids

from Hillsborough, NC

We bought this bathtub almost 5 years ago when our daughter was born.  It worked perfectly for her, and we used it for almost 18 months!  I have a bad back, so we used it on the countertop until she was about 9 months and then I put it in the big tub and got in with her.  We used the sling for about 3 months, and then used the tub on its own.  We put it up in the attic and started using it again last year when my son was born!  He was extremely active in the tub and loved this little tub.  It fits their bodies well and has padding to keep them from slipping.  There is a little plug in the bottom so you can drain it that way.  The only negative I had on this tub was that the areas which make up the little legs to keep it upright are hard to clean on the inside.  I had to get a toothbrush and cover it in a washcloth to get those areas clean.  It was also a little hard cleaning around the padding.

All new mothers should buy!!

from Jacksonville, FL

I had originally been using a plastic box with a baby sponge in it to bathe my newborn. But I knew as he got bigger, it just wouldn't work. Plus, the sponge would never completely dry out in between baths each day. So I needed a solution. A friend had this tub and loved it. So I went for it. My son was too big when we got it at 4 weeks, for the sling, well too big isn't really it, we just didn't need it. But I can imagine it would have been helpful until his umbilical cord fell off.Anyway, I love the tub, and so does he! And I think it drains super fast! So I dont know what anyone else is talking about. The greatest thing about the tub, it allows him to sit up in a reclined position almost on his own, which he loves! He always adored bath time, but now even more!ALL NEW MOTHERS SHOULD BUY.

Newborn To Toddler Tub all you need

from Cartersville, GA

This is a really excellent tub. When I was pregnant with my first I was (as most new mommies are) OBSESSED with only getting the best of the best for my baby. After reading lots of reviews and looking at lots of tubs, I settled on this one. And I loved it so much, I am now using it with my second!

It is extremely comfortable (or so it appears to be) for babies even as young as newborns. The sling provides lots of support and puts them in a great position. The sling and pads are mildew resistant so it doesn't get yucky even though it's exposed to water on a daily basis.

The back rest of the tub is adjustable too, so the transition from sling to sitting up is easier and safer.

The drain plug also changes color when the water reaches a certain temperature, that way you can always be sure the water never gets too hot.

It can be uses in the bath tub, on the counter, or it also fits over MOST (NOT all) single and double sinks for added convenience.

First Years Newborn Tub with Sling is a good buy

from Kingsport, TN

We bought this tub for our second child after loaning our firstborn's tub to a friend.  We had several gadgets for bathing our newborn but this tub was one of the items that was worth the money.  The sling wasn't really useful though. It didn't support the baby at all and sort of floated about while we were trying to slosh the baby with water.  We only used the sling once or twice before tossing it.  The tub is easy to keep on the counter and is very stable.  It also fits in the bathtub with no trouble, making it easy to fill and drain.  While the baby was very young, we washed him with one hand while holding onto him with the other. Once he was able to sit somewhat, we were able to put him in the reclining side of the tub.  He really enjoyed his baths in this tub.  When he was about 4 months old, he was able to sit up in the toddler side.  From that point the tub didn't last long because his legs were so long that they were crammed in the tub and we had to move him to the full-size bathtub.  Still, this tub looks brand new and we were able to pass it along to a friend.

First Years Tub = A Great Value!

from State College, PA

We listed the pink version of this bathtub on our shower registry and then received it at our shower. For our daughter's very first bath at home, we used this tub with the included sling, which really makes a great difference. When your newborn is so tiny and fragile, you're weary of putting her in a standard infant tub; the sling was soft, supportive, and "cushiony" enough to provide our daughter with comfort. The sling is adjustable, which really helped as she became more tolerant of being in the water. Another plus is that the sling is washable - just pop it off the tub, throw it in the washer, and let it hang dry.

Once our daughter outgrew the sling, the tub was still useful. She could "choose" between reclining and sitting straight up, which was helpful when she wanted to play.

To clean the tub, I just used one of those Magic Erasers instead of chemical-based cleaners. Worked just as well, and the tub came clean every time.

Overall, this tub really came in handy, and it was affordably priced. Great product, First Years!

A life saver for every new parent.

from El Paso, TX

I received this bathtub as a babyshower gift.  It is functional and it grows up with baby.  The removable sling is a definite must have for baby's first bath at home.  I am a new parent and was completely terrified of bathing my little baby for the first time.  First Years tub made that easier and my baby seemed to enjoy it.  I think it makes a wondeful gift and it's a resonable price.  My little girl really enjoys her bathtub.  I am excited that I can still use it when she gets a little older and sits up because there is a back rest.

Great Newborn/Toddler Tub

from Kansas City, MO

When I asked my older sister (mother of four) what tub to get for my first baby, without hesitating she said, "You need the one with the sling."  After some further questioning, I found she was talking about The First Years Newborn to Toddler Tub with Sling. This tub is great.  I love that I can control how far the baby sits down in the water.  The sling cradles a newborn so he/she feels cradled and supported.  The sling itself is easy to remove and put in place, so it's a snap to transition the tub when necessary. The only thing I don't love about the tub is the way the legs are made.  They are hollow, so the soap and water fill the legs with the rest of the tub.  I found it difficult to keep those legs clean--even when I turned the tub completely upside down to drain.  I have many friends who have used this tub for their children through toddler years.  My children seem to outgrow it about the time they can pull themselves to stand.  They just crawl on out, so I switch to the regular tub.  If you have kids that prefer to be more still in the tub, I see no reason why this tub couldn't be put to good use for toddlers.

Not Impressed with Tub

from Phoenix, AZ

I thought a baby bath tub was one of those must have items so I had to have one with everything and in my world it just really turned out to be more of a hassle than what it was worth. My husband hated the thing an preferred just bathing our son in the bath tub with no bath tub or sling. He thought it got in the way and hated to use the thing. I also never used it when my son was bathing and didn't like that the baby was sitting in dirty water as you washed his hair. Its really bad for children with eczema to sit in soapy water anyhow because ti causes their skin to dry out further so this is def not something we need in our household. We probably will tell people when asked that baby tubs are unnecessary and not waste the money on one. This is just my opinion though. I know many people who live for baby bath tubs, I just find them unnecessary and very bad for children with eczema. If you think you need a baby tub by all means purchase one :)