Other Baby Bottles:
The First Years
Y4558
The First Years Soothie Starter Set

The First Years Soothie Starter Set

My baby loved these Soothie bottles

My little one had trouble eating when she was first born. We tried almost every bottle that we could get our hands on to no avail. That is when we realized that she loved her soothie pacifier, why not try a soothie bottle? We tried it and it worked great! She took the bottle and never fussed about it like she did with the other bottles. She was a great little eater after that. I think it really helped that we used the complete soothie line so she wasn't being jerked around by all the different nipples. I liked these and was also pleasantly surprised to learn that their bottles are bigger than the other brands. The other brands have 4 oz bottles this one has 5 oz bottles. The other brands have 8 oz bottles, this one has 9 oz bottles. That made for a lot easier bottle mixing when we ended up switching to formula. I love that I could make an 8 oz bottle and still have room for all of the formula that was supposed to go into the bottle too!

I like these bottles but can be bad for gas

I do like these bottles very much. But if you have a baby that is having trouble with gas I do not recomend these. If you do not have a very colicy baby these are great. I used these with my first son and he loved them You know that hospital pacifier that almost every baby loves. They are the soothie brand. So if you have one of the many babies who will only take the soothie pacifier these bottle are sure to please him/ her. Now that I have my second son though I do see that there are some cons to this bottle. My second child was having a ton of trouble with gas and colic. i was using these bottles but did not realize that they were bad with gas since my first son loved them. So I continued to use them for quite some time. When I finaly thought that I should buy a bottle that is designed for less gas I saw the difference right away. I noticed that the air was not being put back into the formula. With the soothie bottles the formula became very bubbly. So think before you buy these. I love them and then I did not like them for secind child.

Best bottles by far!

from Kansas City, MO

Comments about The First Years Soothie Starter Set:

You might not think that these are the bottles for your baby since they are so plain and they don't cost as much as others. However, I really feel these are a great buy and easy to keep clean. I have had such a hard time dealing with cleaning bottles with my first born. We had such a hard time finding the right ones that were not only liked by our baby but by us because we were the ones cleaning and maintaining them. I found first year bottles to be a great help because of the wide neck and they come apart easy to help clean. most bottles do not come apart so well and are not easy to put back together. I could not stand the thin bottles nor the more complicated ones. I got lucky, my child did not either! Great buy and great bottle!

Awesome product for the price

from Saginaw, MI

Comments about The First Years Soothie Starter Set:

This was the first bottle SET I bought when my son was born and I did so because he was already hooked on the soothie pacifier, so I thought "Why not get a bottle that has the same nipple that he likes in a pacifier?". So I did, and I never looked back! He loved these bottles and they were so different than any other bottle on the market, the starter set comes with storage cups that snap on to the bottom of the bottle and it is SO convenient, I loved that I could pre measure the formula and snap it onto the bottle (filled with water) and take it anywhere. I could also store snacks such as cherios or puffs in them and take them anywhere. I recieved a lot of comments on it. I do wish that they would sell the snack/storage cups seperately, but unfortunately you have to buy the starter set to get them. They are big! The bottle looked so funny when you're feeding a 3 week old!! They are so tiny at that age and the bottle is rather large, but well worth it!!!

Soothie is the best bottles set out there

from East Stroudsburg, PA

Comments about The First Years Soothie Starter Set:

I recieved the soothie set at my baby shower. Being that this was my first child I had no clue how much these were going to help. First the bottle is great at letting air out and preventing gas. They are super easy to clean because they have a huge opening. The little cups are awesome for having premade bottles ready within minutes. When those dreaded night time feedings came I was prepared. I would keep the water at room temperature and attach the cup to the bottom with the desired amount of formula. No need to use a bottle warmer if you get your child used to room tempature from the begining. In the miffle of the night is when i was the most greatful to have these bottles. nothing easier than preparing a few before bed and having them on the nighttable ready to go. I wouldnt even have to wake up completely. Just enough to pour the already premeasured formula into the bottle and close and shake it. Its literally that simple. Plus they make very large bottles for when the babies get bigger. I recommend Soothie to all first time moms.

great bottle

from Omaha, NE

Comments about The First Years Soothie Starter Set:

I had my daughter back in 2005 and she was six weeks early she was in the nicu and they gave her the soothie pacifier. She was born without being able to suck on a bottle cause she didnt have that instinct because she was so early. So when she started eating from a bottle we used the nicu bottles first but she wasnt that interested and I really wanted to bring her home from the hospital because her not eating was the only reason she couldnt come home so I went online did some research and found out about these bottles. I went bought some and took them to the hospital she was able to use these much better than the other bottles because she was already used to using the soothie pacifier. It was awesome just ten days after being put in the nicu she got to come home. I then had my son in 2009 he was also born early and the first thing I did was use the soothie bottles with him. It was great and I wouldnt recommend any other bottle than these.

Truly soothing Soothie Bottles

from Lawton, OK

Comments about The First Years Soothie Starter Set:

My mother purchased this set for me for my second daughter after countless failed bottle attempts with my first daughter to find the perfect inexpensive bottle. I loved these despite the fact that they were not perfect. The thing I loved most about these bottles is that they are wide! I had a hard time forgetting that I was holding them at those very late night/early morning feedings. The wide neck also made scooping formula one handed so much easier. They were also a dream to clean compared to the taller and thinner bottles (I would recommend getting a different bottle brush than the one included in the set, it scratched some of my bottles and made them look dirty). The lids were easy to snap on and I never had a problem with them falling off. The formula containers that attach to the bottom of the bottles were to die for. I could easily set up bottles for traveling, babysitting, or just to make the late nights easier. And the pacifiers that are the same as the nipples on the bottles, such a great idea. My daughter used the pacifier for about a month and then stopped, but I liked that they were not causing any confusion. The only thing I really did not like about the bottles were the nipples and the rings. If you had them very clean and made sure they were on the bottles just right there were no leaks. But if you are not meticulous about it, you may or may not get leaks. I have always had that problem with any bottle, so it mostly goes without saying. I would recommend these to anyone!

Soothie's are easy to use

from Tulsa, OK

Comments about The First Years Soothie Starter Set:

I decided to use these bottles for my own babies because I worked in a daycare and really liked how easy it was to mix formula in these bottles.  The large opening is such a great idea compared to the opening of traditional bottles.  For my 1st daughter who was primarily bottle fed she also used the soothie pacifiers.  That was great to have the same nipples for both bottles and pacifiers.  My second daughter who was primarily breastfed preferred other pacifiers for some reason.  These bottles are very inexpensive compared to other brands, which is really nice.  We did have one crack when using them for the second daughter.  It is nice to not have a lot of components to clean out like a lot of bottles have now.  I cannot really say if these bottles help with gas or fussiness.  I think that is just normal with babies.  We changed formula with our kids instead of bottles when they were fussy.  I  know I wont clean the other bottles well enough with all those tiny components that will also get lost.  I also know it would be hard to explain to my mom how to use all that extra stuff.  She can barely figure out how to use all the other new baby gizmos we have.  Bottles should be easy and these are easy and inexpensive.

The First Years Soothie Set bottles are simple and work great

from Clay, NY

Comments about The First Years Soothie Starter Set:

I love these bottles. My little boy is not too gassy and is also breastfed. He loves these bottles! We also have a different set of bottles from a different brand (wont mention any names) which he won't take without a fight. We switch his milk into one of these bottles and it must be the harder nipple but he loves it! The price was great too!

I like these bottles but can be bad for gas

from Red Oak, TX

Comments about The First Years Soothie Starter Set:

The First Years Soothies are great!

from Camp Pendleton, CA

Comments about The First Years Soothie Starter Set:

I bought these because I wanted to have the same pacifiers AND bottles. This set was a great help! I absolutely love the wide mouth on the bottle. It helps make working with powdered formula soooo much easier! I love that the lids and storage containers will snap to the bottom of the bottle so you don't lose it and the storage containers also stack onto each other if you want to just take a few different types of snacks on the go with you.

One thing I didn't like about the containers is that they barely held an 8 oz amount of powder and if it was completely full, it was harder to pour from the container into the bottle.

The brush that comes with it wasn't much help either. Invest in a better bottle brush for sure. The smaller size bottles are great for the first few months when you only need a few ounces at each feeding, but they aren't necessarily something you *need* as you could just use the bigger bottles. I wish they would have given me 4 big bottles and 1 smaller one. (Or 3 big and 2 small).

Overall its a great product that I would recommend to anybody. I have not had a leak, my babies do not have gas (anymore that normal) and they are easy to clean and maintain.

This first years soothie set is a must have for new mothers.

from Ephrata, PA

Comments about The First Years Soothie Starter Set:

I find that the soothie bottle set has everything needed to start feeding your newborn when they come home. I really like that it comes with both 4 oz and 9 oz bottles. Also the fact that the formula cups lock right onto the bottom of the bottles makes feeding your child while you are out easy and convenient. The nuk it comes with is easy to give to a newborn child. I do find that the bottle washer is a little too skimpy it does not seem to do it's job. Overall I was happy when my mother gave me this after my son got home. He was  apremature babyand this set works well, because most hospitals use the soothie brand pacifiers in their nursery's/NICU. Great Item. I think everyone should use this brand.