Other Baby Bottles:

The First Years Soothie Plastic Baby Bottles

Pros

Cons

• Keeps Air Out:

Only the best for my preemie! These are the ONLY bottle we use!

My daughter was born just over 8 weeks early. After a hard fight for her life, we were able to take her home. I was taking blood pressure medications, and was forced to stop pumping. We searched for a bottle that was not only safe, but easy for her tiny mouth to use, and variable flow that she could handle. We tried all the normal ones, Playtex, Gerber, Medela, and then I found these soothie bottles. She has ONLY used soothie binkies( the little orange ones from the NICU), and refused anything else. I donated everything else we had once I got these. We started with the stage 1 nipple, and now use both 1 and 2 depending on her bottle (she is on Rx formula now). I highly reccomend these to anybody who needs a different bottle for their special baby.  One of my favorite features is the snack cups you can attach to the bottom. I put her formula and duocal supplement in there, then mix with the warm water when I need it! Also the 5 oz size is ideal when you need use 4 oz of water and then add formula/supplemnts. I view that as a "pro" not a "con"...trying to squeeze all that into a 4 oz bottle never worked!

The First Years Soothie Baby Bottle is good

I bought these bottles before my daughter was born because my friend had reccomened them to me. She swore up and down by them. I will first state the pros. The hospital gave my baby the soothie pacifier which she absoultely loved so I was glad I had purchased the bottles because they are the same shape. The bottles are very easy to clean since they only have 3 pieces, the cup, ring, and nipple which is nice as opposed to those complicated bottles. My baby had no problem drinking out of them. They are nice and wide so it's easy to stir formula in if you have to. They are flat after the nipple so they don't sufficate the baby which is a huge plus. My only con is I did find that after a while of using the bottles, they would leak from where you put the nipple in the ring making a mess when I tipped the bottle up so my baby could drink. I know it wasn't something I was doing because I pulled and pulled on it making a tight seal. These bottles are okay.

Good for babies already using soothie pacifiers

from Florida

Comments about The First Years Soothie Plastic Baby Bottles:

These are great bottles, although I would personally wait to use them until the baby is a little older to use them. They are really good for babies that can hold there own bottles up.
The nipples are very similar to the pacifiers by the same name.

They are well made bottles and withstand many washings, uses and droppings. They are easy to clean and can be ran through the dishwasher if you don't feel like handwashing them.

The price is pretty good, they aren't the cheapest bottles on the market but there durability is worth the price.

I would recommend these to a friend.

Child's Comfort
I think these are better fit for older babies, but with bigger/older babies they would be a perfect fit ams therefore be comfortable.

Leak Prevention
I have never had any issues with leaking with the soothie bottles.

These are super easy to clean. They come apart easily and can be put in the dishwasher as well as being hand washed.

Keeps Air Out
I have never had any issues with air getting in while using these bottles.

Very well made and very durable bottles,

The First Years Soothie bottles

Comments about The First Years Soothie Plastic Baby Bottles:

I first bought these bottles a few weeks after coming home from the hospital with my daughter. She was very picky, and she didn't like any bottle I had tried. The hospital gave us the first years soothie pacifier, but I had no idea that they made a bottle like them until a friend told me about them. My daughter loved the pacifier, so I thought the bottled would be perfect for her. The nipple on the bottle was a lot thinner thinner than the other ones I had tried. It took her a few tries to get used to this new nipple, but she loved it! After the first feeding, I realized she was extra fussy. I put her on her stomach and rubbed her back, and that seemed to calm her. I figured it was just gas, but I was hoping it wasn't from the bottles. Every feeding after that one, she had the same issues with gas. Before these bottles, that had never really been an issue. I was very disappointed that we wouldn't be able to use these anymore because they were the first bottles that she liked.

Loved the smoothie bottles

Comments about The First Years Soothie Plastic Baby Bottles:

I first bought bottles I got the cheapest bottles I could find which was the worse mistake. So I went to the store and bought two boxes of three bottles of smoothies. They were very easy to put together and easy to clean. My child loved the smoothies because they were like her pacifier that they hospital gave here.

Child's Comfort
My child loved them so much if I gave her another bottle she would just cry. My child fell in love with these bottles and wouldn't have any other onces.

Leak Prevention
Never leaked on my child unless the nipple wasn't put in right. I never really had a problem with them.

Very easy to clean never had a problem. Just take the lid off and take the nipple out and clean very easy.

Keeps Air Out
Seems to keep most of the air out but not 100% But other then that worked the way I needed them to work.

They held up just like any other bottle would. Not all bottles are going to last forever. I would drop them and they wouldn't break at all.

• Keeps Air Out:

One of the better bottles I've tried

from SalemNY

Comments about The First Years Soothie Plastic Baby Bottles:

I got these bottles as a gift and was enthused to try them with my baby because she loved the soothie pacifiers to no end. These ended up being the bottles we used daily and the rest were donated or tossed. They hold quite a bit, more than what the bottle says, and were very simple to clean the nipple, ring, cap and bottle itself. My daughter seemed to favor these bottles and we used them until she had chewed on the tips of the nipples so she could dump the milk out and we couldn't find replacements. She never had a problem drinking out of these and never had gas or stomach problems while using them either. If I could find these in stores I would use them for my next child as well.

Child's Comfort
My daughter held this bottle just fine and it became her favorite one

Leak Prevention
Never had any problems with leaking.

The wide neck of the bottle made it so easy to clean and no extra parts was nice.

Keeps Air Out
Didn't have any problems with this.

These bottles were tossed around quite a bit and held up to it very well.

Made the Right Choice the First Time

Comments about The First Years Soothie Plastic Baby Bottles:

We didn't plan for our daughter to be bottle-fed, so it was a little nerve-wracking when we ended up having to do that very early on. One of the deciding factors for this bottle was that it came from the same company as all the pacis we got from the hospital, and the bottle nipples are very similar. We got the starter set (4 5-oz and 4 9-oz) about 5 years ago, and it's now gone through my own 2 children and is finishing up with my sister-in-law's youngest. We've had to replace nipples through the years, but the bottles themselves have held up great, even with my son's thickened formula (for severe acid reflux). The wider bottle has been very comfortable for the adults to hold, and easy for the kids to hold, and even better, it's easy to wash by hand! I loved having the caps that snap onto the bottom, and the small formula powder/snack cups that do the same thing--we got many oohs and aahs from our other parent friends about the convenience while we were on the go. If we had to do it again, these are the bottles I'd want.

Leak Prevention
It's hard to tell if my daughter and nephew are just messy eaters or if we had leak issues; I lean more toward the former, because we never had much trouble with my son. But be prepared for some chin cleaning.

I was able to fit all the pieces nicely in our dishwasher when I had space, but most of the cleaning was done by hand and these were VERY easy to clean: the wide mouth and shape made getting in where the bottom meets the walls very easy, and the wider nipple base was very comfortable to hold while washing.

Keeps Air Out
The air flow always confused me, but they seemed to do as good a job as any other bottle, and didn't seem to let in enough air to exacerbate my son's acid reflux.

As mentioned in the overall review, the bottles we bought 5 years ago are now finishing a run through a 3rd child, with only nipple replacements.

• Keeps Air Out:

Only one child liked these bottles

from Fort Scott, KS

Comments about The First Years Soothie Plastic Baby Bottles:

I tried the First Years Soothie baby bottles with my first child. He really liked them and I thought that all of my kids after him would love them also. I was wrong. My 2nd and 3rd child wouldn't let me use them for their milk. I'm not sure if it is because the nipple is harder or why but neither of them liked it and would just kind of chew on the nipple but not drink very well. They do a great job as far as leakage goes and are a very sturdy bottle. I was so sad when my other children wouldn't use these and I had to buy cheap walmart bottles, which is what they took better. These bottles were very expensive to buy and luckily I was able to sell them all to a friend and her baby loves them so I'm not out too much money. Overall, these bottles are very high quality and I would probably buy them for a baby shower. I'm just sad my second two babies wouldn't use them after I had invested the money in them.

• Keeps Air Out:

my first child loved these

from Toledo, OH

Comments about The First Years Soothie Plastic Baby Bottles:

I loved that these bottles matched the pacis my son loved. and I used these mostly before I discovered his go to bottle but he loved these and latched to them great. he was a very easy going child. however my second son had the hardest issue attaching to the nipple and would barley get any and would drool milk all over with these bottles.
these are a awesome bottle though. and I would definatly recommend if you are just starting with bottles or if you use soothie pacis and want a bottle to match. these came in a set with snack containers that snapped underneath the bottles also. I used to premeasure fomula and snap it to premeasured water for on the go it was so much cheaper than the on the go formula the sell. these bottles have a nice wide top to so pouing formula milk and juice in is super easy and less mess than with teenie mouthed bottles. I loved these I just wish baby number two would have too!

because they have a wide top they are super easy to clean

• Keeps Air Out:

I wanted to love these, but I was very disappointed.

from Kittery Point, ME

Comments about The First Years Soothie Plastic Baby Bottles:

I bought these without doing any real research, because they were popular and I had seen them around. When my twins were born 10 weeks early, they came home still having issues with feeding, and this bottle was not a good fit for them whatsoever. The bottles also tended to leak on us fairly often even when the top was screwed on properly. I was very disappointed because they were pretty expensive and I ended up having to give them away and buying different brands that my kids could actually drink from. I would only recommend buying one small bottle, trying it out on your child, and only buying more if it works for you. I had a hard time getting rid of these to friends even.

Child's Comfort
Was very hard to get the child to latch onto the bottle properly to feed, resulting in frustration and crying.

Leak Prevention
Leaked all the time on us, no matter how well we put the top on.

They only have 4 total pieces, and come apart easily and wash easily, I will give them that.

Keeps Air Out
Does as well of a job than most other bottles.

These are ok

from Henderson, NV

Comments about The First Years Soothie Plastic Baby Bottles:

I really wanted to love these bottles but my little one just refused them. I tried several times to see if I could get her to take them but she just wouldn't. I attempted several types of bottles that claimed that they are similar to natural feeding but had a very difficult time finding something that worked and it certainly wasn't these bottles.

• Keeps Air Out:

Convienient and decently priced; this was my top choice.

from Yelm, WA

Comments about The First Years Soothie Plastic Baby Bottles:

This Product Is reccomended by me. I enjoy the different sizes and even the fact that there are different drip speeds for the different nipples. The Price isnt too bad, but it's not quite a steal. They are easy They Come with a snack Compartment and a nipple cover. they could make the size of the nb bottle smaller so that as they grow they can get use to the size diffrence.

Child's Comfort
My Daughter wouldnt take anything else, except the passifiers. This was the only thing she was into; when She wasnt on the breast. For example when we were in the car or when Dad, or family would hold her. Occationally as she grew this bottle, was in her hands more. The bottle is pretty comparable to Breast; and I think thats why she would be partial to this over any other bottle's we tried.

Leak Prevention
Only if the lid is on is this bottle leak provented. I have had many leaks from my baby BC she cant just pit the lid on herself when she is done... Not when they are at that age... Untill they are closer to being done with bottles.

I couldnt ask for anything easier to Clean!!! The KIT comes with it's own cleaning brush, and with having the brush I have had no problems. Most the time I just stuck it in the DW, on the top Shelf and that was safe too.

Keeps Air Out
I Had no Problem with the air being in the bottle.

This Bottle is tough, Except for the nipples, My daughter went through a handful of nipples. Other than that No issues with the dutability of the bottle. Only if your kid is teething and keeps biting off the tips of the nipples.