View more booster seats

Y4696
The First Years Newborn-to-Toddler Reclining Feeding Seat

The First Years Newborn-to-Toddler Reclining Feeding Seat

Great Highchair for everyday use from 4m on up

As a mom of four children you'd think I'd have everything I needed. With the space limited around here and the baby needing to be tilted for feedings being so young I needed something not so big and bulky yet reclined and was comfortable, soft and washable. Purchasing something that could grow with baby was important to me. I wanted a portable high chair that reclined, had a removeable washable seat pad and a belt to keep baby in and safe, and a nice tray that can be used as the baby got older. Fist years had it all.

First years Booster seat had a great design.

- Several different reclining position

- A removeable tray with a numbers and alphabet sheet that was washable

- softwashable seat pad

- nuetral colors

I loved this booster seat so much that I purchased one for my neice the following week. These are great when you don't have a lot of room to store a full size high chair or you just need something for grandma's or a sitter to keep when they watch baby. I would recommend this to all my friends and family.

eh. not great. good thing it was cheap.

I thought this chair would be a good deal, since I didn't want a full-on high chair that would take up a ton of space.  We originally bought one of those Chicco clip on seats that's means to be taken to restaurants, but he was so little in it that we decided to get a high chair at home.  We wanted one that attaches to a chair so he would be sitting at the table with us.

Not worth the savings.  I have no idea how anyone would be able to use this at all the different settings.  Once we had it the way we wanted it, I tried moving things and was not able to get it to do anything.  It's poorly made and the plastic is warped in places.  It did come with two cusions, so its nice to be able to wash one and use the other, but they have like 6 attachement points.My advice for the cushions...skip the little elastic bits.  you don't need to use them.  skip the little placemats because you'll just end up cleaning food off both sides.  My son at 8 months could pull it off and throw it.We have been using it since 7 months and he is now 15 months and the tray is broken.  The clips on teh sides fell apart ad won't stay attached.  We can't pull him up to the table because he kicks at the table and tips the chair back.Waste of money.  Wish I had spent more on something better.

The FIrst Years Reclining Feeding Seat is handy

from Faulkton, SD

Comments about The First Years Newborn-to-Toddler Reclining Feeding Seat:

We received the First Years Reclining Feeding Seat as a baby shower gift.  We started using the seat when our daughter was four months old and continue to use the seat today.  The seat has three different recling positions, of which we only used two.  We reclined the seat as far back as it would go until our daughter could sit up good on her own.  We now have the seat in the upright position.  The seat has two different straps to secure it to a chair.  We feel that our daughter is safe in the chair, but as she gets more active, we may have to look into another way to secure it to the chair.  The cushion/cover removes easily to be cleaned.  We have washed the cover several times and it still fits nicely and goes back on easily.  The tray has several adjustments, but we still use the tightest one.  The tray has a mat that we have not used since alot as our ten month old want sto pick it up and dump anything that was on it.  The tray wipes clean nicely.

comfortable seat for baby

from Irving, TX

Comments about The First Years Newborn-to-Toddler Reclining Feeding Seat:

This first year's high chair is simply great. This is an superb alternative to a full-size high chair. We got this as a gift for my sons first birthday. It's really easy to assemble, easy to clean and fits onto your dining or kitchen chairs. He likes to sit on the high chair. We use it for mealtime and playtime. It is small enough to take on trips too. I love the pad with 2 different colors and it is reversible too and very easy to clean. Also the recline feature, will work very well for little babies they can even take a nap after having food :-). My little one enjoys playing with the little tray insert (removable) and we have fun pointing out and naming the object to him. This was one of the best baby gifts we received .The bottom seat part can be removed for cleaning. I would recommend measuring your chairs before you buy one to make sure that the seat will fit. I have tied it on a revolving chair. Just go ahead and buy this wonderful high chair, you and your little one will just love it without any regrets.

• Sturdiness:
  • Safety:

We love this seat so much that we own 3!

from Fort Lauderdale, FL

Comments about The First Years Newborn-to-Toddler Reclining Feeding Seat:

We just love our First Years Newborn to Toddler Feeding Seat. We bought our first one with the idea that it would be temporary until we could decide on a 'fancy' high chair. Over time we grew to love this seat so much that we decided to just save our money. We have one of these at each of our houses and have also bought one for my parents to keep at their house. This easy to adjust, easy to clean seat goes everywhere with us. It's great to take to friends' houses for dinner and our son loves relaxing in it on our boat while we get a little hands free time. The tray fits nicely in the dishwasher and the fabric back washes well. The nylon straps are a bit challenging to clean, but that is my one small complaint. We've never had a problem with the Feeding Seat fitting into a chair. Now that my son is two, we often leave the tray off and scoot him and the seat right up to our dining table. The little arm rests fit under any table that we have tried this with. I know it doesn't fold flat, but the trade off seems to be that the back of this chair is higher than most which now is really nice for our tall two year old. I would highly recommend this chair to anyone.

I hated The first years reclining feeding seat and returned it

from Kaysville, UT

Comments about The First Years Newborn-to-Toddler Reclining Feeding Seat:

The first years reclining feeding seat was a piece of crap.  When I put it together it was unstable so I thought I may have done it wrong so I had my husband try to fix it but it was still unstable, the seat on the higher setting was loose.  It may have been fine in the lower setting.  Also, it took 2 people to recline the darn thing; one to press in the side buttons and another to push the seat to the reclining position.  The tray also requires both hands to remove.  I returned this product.

Great Highchair for everyday use from 4m on up

from Oak Lawn, IL

Comments about The First Years Newborn-to-Toddler Reclining Feeding Seat:

First years Booster seat had a great design.

- Several different reclining position

- A removeable tray with a numbers and alphabet sheet that was washable

- softwashable seat pad

- nuetral colors

Great for Grandma's House

from Egg Harbor Township, NJ

Comments about The First Years Newborn-to-Toddler Reclining Feeding Seat:

My mother and I found the First Year's Booster Seat at BJ's Wholesale club.  It hadn't occured to me before I saw it that it would come in so handy. My son had just started eating solids and we were perplexed on how to feed him when we were visiting places like "grandma's house".  We saw this product and thought it would be great and solve our problem!  My son loves to sit in the chair and it is confortable for him.  It works pretty easily and is almost like his regular highchair back at home. The only problem that i have encountered is the straps that hook it onto a regular chair.  They were confusing to figure out and i gave up after spending about 10 minutes with an inpatient and ready to eat child.  I ended up just putting the chair on the floor and sitting next to him to feed him. Not ideal, but a lot easier then struggling with him on my lap.  I'm sure with a little more effort the straps wouldn't be such a problem, but i was also a bit concerned about the safety of the chair sitting high up, so i think i will just contiune to sit next to him on the floor for feeding him when we are away from home.

The chair is very lightweight and easy to bring to places with us, so that is also a huge pro. I jsut throw it in the back of the car and go!

great for traveling

from Hickory Hills, IL

Comments about The First Years Newborn-to-Toddler Reclining Feeding Seat:

When we first started looking for highchairs my husband and I were like many new parents and had no clue what we were looking for. We new we wanted something pretty compact and could easily be put away when we were entertaining. We stumbled upon The First Years Newborn to Toddler Feeding Seat and fell in love. It was exactly what we were looking for, It was easy to clean, the tray was dishwasher safe, in converted and was easy to travel with and put away if needed. We do a lot of traveling in the summer to see friends and family and also to our lake house so this was a great asset to have. Whenever we travel we just throw it in the trunk so we never have to worry about meal time with our little one.

Love The First Years Newborn to Toddler Feeding Seat

from Whitestone, NY

Pros

Cons

Comments about The First Years Newborn-to-Toddler Reclining Feeding Seat:

**The First Years Newborn to Toddler Feeding Seat **was so helpful for me when I first had my son. The main reason being that we live in a very small apartment so I didn't really have room for a full size high chair so I decided to try this instead. I believe that it was such a better choice because it is very lightweight and can easily be moved from room to room. It is also very portable that you can easily bring it to your family's and friends houses, and even to restaurants if you don't feel comfortable using their high chairs. You can safely secure your child into the seat and secure the seat onto most chairs. I would also put it on the couch next to me. The seats incline is adjustable, but it is a little bit difficult to maneuver. However, once you get the hang of it, it's not a problem. The padding is removable and easily washable. It also comes with a tray that is easy to remove and wash. I highly recommend this for it's convenience of use and that it is such a space saver! I also got 2 years of use out of it!

great value

from Anaheim, CA

Comments about The First Years Newborn-to-Toddler Reclining Feeding Seat:

My husband and I bought this feeding chair on a whim.  We decided we didn't need a full high chair cluttering up our home, so why not just use an existing chair?  My son has had no problems with this chair from the first use.  We started using it when he was about 5 months old and used the middle setting, which is just slightly reclined.  We have since moved the chair to the upright position and he is happy there.  The tray snaps on and off easily and seems to clean up nicely, even after a serving of avocado was smeared all over it.

The cover is machine washable and cleans nicely.  Wish it could go in the dryer, but it did hang dry pretty quickly.

It was easy to install on our chair.  We have even taken it to friends' house and it was a cinch there too.  Sort of bulk for traveling, but this is not marketed as a travel chair at all.  But, to throw it in the trunk, for a dinner somewhere, it was just fine.

I have trouble changing the recline position, but my husband thinks it is easy.  So, guess who changes the setting?

This booster allows babies to be at table with family

from Bedford, TX

Comments about The First Years Newborn-to-Toddler Reclining Feeding Seat:

We chose to purchase a feeding seat instead of a high chair because we have a small kitchen. I liked this one because it reclines and has a cushion which makes for a comfortable place for infants. I wanted our baby to be able to sit at the table with us for meals even before she could eat from the table. The First Years Feeding Seat fit the bill! She could sit in it when she was tiny and it "grew" with her. Now that she is two and a half she sits in the seat without the tray and the seat pulled up to the table. The only negavite about this seat is that it is not very portable. I've seen some feeding seats that fold up nicely to take to grandma's or a restaurant, but this one stays at our house. Its a tradeoff because I haven't seen one that folds up that also reclines and the reclining feature was more important to me because I wanted to use it early on. If you are buying a feeding seat for a child who can already sit up, I would recommend one that folds up and that fits in the dishwasher.