Other Strollers:

The First Years Jet Stroller

Pros

Cons

The perfect travel stroller

We bought this stroller in addition to our jogging stroller for a trip. We knew we wanted something that was lightweight and very compact. This stroller is exactly this. It also includes a huge pocket for bags under the seat and a convenient pouch on the handles for the parents to keep their things or the baby's things. We chose this stroller over other umbrella type strollers because of the harness. We wanted a strap that came over our child's shoulders as well as across their waist. We knew that with just a waist strap, our child could squirm out. We also wanted a stroller that would last awhile and this stroller has a weight limit of up to fifty pounds where as most only go to forty. The stroller itself only weighs 11 pounds. The back of the seat can be adjusted allowing it to work for smaller and larger kids or for kids to comfortably take a nap. The canopy can be removed completely or adjusted to different angles.

The stroller looks good and functions properly with no excessive features but all the features needed most on a stroller.

Safety
The five-point harness is perfect for making sure kids stay in their seat.

Child Comfort
Our daughter falls asleep all the time in this stroller.

Maneuverability
I can't compare this stroller to the maneuverability of my jogging stroller but for an umbrella stroller is is great. The brakes work great and the wheels turn when needed.

We have only owned this stroller for a few months but it has held up great for those months. We have taken it through sand and all kinds of dirty surfaces and it has held up great.

Pay a little more and get something that works!

I loved everything about this stroller when I got it out of the box, There are a lot of things I still love about this stroller, and one HUGE thing that makes me hate it.    When you are pushing this stroller on uneven ground (i.e. Cement, asphalt, etc..) the front wheels shake and bounce off the ground like they are going to pop off the stroller!    Its a great stroller for mall shopping, but not good for anywhere you have to walk outside.

PROS:

Easy to assemble

five point harness

Handles that are seperated so that you can hang your bags or your purse or diaper bag over them.

Cupholders

Holds up to fifty pounds.

CONS:

Wheels shake uncontrollably when being pushed on ground that isnt smooth.

Basket is difficult to access

Recline feature is difficult to use.

A good extra stroller

Comments about The First Years Jet Stroller:

I got our First Years Jet stroller as a shower gift when I was pregnant with our daughter. We knew we wanted something to keep in my husband's car. We have always kept her full size stroller and umbrella stroller in my car so we wanted something easy and inexpensive that could stay in his car for when he took her out without me. Maybe I am spoiled by all of the strollers that I have had for her that were better but I think that this stroller is O.K., but not anything amazing. It is easy enough to use and my daughter has never been uncomfortable in it but I also do not think that she is as comfortable in it as she is in other strollers we have. It is also not as easy to maneuver as I would like. It handles fine on smooth surfaces, like at the mall, but even an uneven sidewalk seems to challenge it. To be fair, my husband doesn't have a problem with it so maybe it is just me being particular. He likes that it is more masculine looking and understated. I wouldn't recommend this to anyone as an everyday stroller but as a back up for the price it is pretty good.

The perfect travel stroller

Safety
The five-point harness is perfect for making sure kids stay in their seat.

Child Comfort
Our daughter falls asleep all the time in this stroller.

• Maneuverability:

You get what you pay for!

Comments about The First Years Jet Stroller:

This stroller is a case of you get what you pay for. I ended up returning it and getting a Graco. Yes, it is more money but is worth it. Canopy is very small. Basket is basically useless. Ride wasn't smooth at all! Daughter was fine in it. It was just me who wasn't happy with it.

Great stroller

Comments about The First Years Jet Stroller:

I bought this for my son since the umbrella stroller I had just wasn't good enough. This was a great buy!

Great design! A lot of room to put things like keys, a phone, etc... for when you go for a walk.

Child Comfort
My child seems to be comfortable in the chair. A lot of room

Maneuverability
Maneuvers great, especially around tight spaces.

• Maneuverability:

Great product - loved it as my second stroller

Comments about The First Years Jet Stroller:

The stroller is of good quality, reasonably priced, and made to last. We have used it on a regular basis since purchasing, and we plan to use it until our child exceeds the weight limit (which is higher than with many strollers).

The basket underneath is small and difficult to access. However, this is a smaller, umbrella-type stroller, so that's not too much of a problem. It has storage for phone, drink, wallet, or other smaller items between the handles, and that's a great feature. Also, one on thing I love about this stroller is that the handles to push it are higher than most umbrella strollers. My husband and I are between 5 ft 9 in and 6 ft 3 in and we can push it comfortably without bending over. One small complaint I have is that the shade comes off and/or doesn't fold up well when the stroller folds. I almost lost it once when we were traveling.

Safety
This is a safe stroller. The only safety concern we've ever had with it was user error. I put the (heavy) diaper bag hanging across the handles. Then when I took my child out of the stroller, it tipped backwards. If it had better storage space, I wouldn't have had to put the diaper bag there, and it wouldn't have happened; but again, it was user error.

Child Comfort
My child is very comfortable in this stroller and has ridden in it for long periods at a time.

Maneuverability
We've taken this to malls, parks, the state fair, etc, and it's smaller than most strollers and maneuvers much MUCH better than the cheaper versions of the umbrella stroller.

Very durable. Lasts well.

Fantastic stroller!

Comments about The First Years Jet Stroller:

I purchased this stroller with fears of it not being what I needed...well I was wrong! I needed a new lightweight stroller that could fold up nicely to fit in my car, go on the train, etc. and it doesnall of that!! My 5 year old has weak muscles, so I needed a stroller that could handle more weight because he gets tired easily, so even quick trips to the market or mall can be an issue. I absolouly made the right choice by purchasing this stroller! I love the little basket on the bottom, and I got a little cup holder which was perfect. My 5 year old fits nicely and he is comfortable, which of course was important to me as well. I would definitely say if you need a nice quick open, quick close stroller that takes up minimal space, this is the one for you!

The design is simple yet attractive, perfect for boys and girls.

Safety
I like that it has the harness straps, not just across the belly.

Child Comfort
It's nice that this reclines a bit. Not to much, but just enough so a sleeping little one's head does not fall forward.

Maneuverability
It's compact enough to get through tight isles in stores.

I've had mine for about 2 years now, and it still looks great!

Easy to use!!!!

Comments about The First Years Jet Stroller:

I love this stroller for my son he is a bigger baby and it fits wonderfully. The only downfall is there isn't a lot of room in the bottom part to store items such as a diaper bag, or food items for the baby. The stroller is easy to push even through sand. This really helps in tight areas my previous stroller was difficult to push in doorways and hard to open the door. This product help a busy mom who is always on the move.

• Maneuverability:

An upgrade from the standard umbrella stroller.

from Kansas City, MO

Comments about The First Years Jet Stroller:

We were looking for a stroller that would be a little taller and sturdier than our standard and cheap umbrella stroller. We also needed a 5 point harness and something that would continue to work as our son grows, 50 lbs is the recommended weight limit on this stroller. This stroller met all of our criteria and with a very moderate price tag. It has a few extra bells and whistles as well, a canopy that can fold back, the seat can be adjusted with a strap in the back to recline a bit, there is a small compartment underneath and near the handles to store small items. This stroller collapses nicely and has a latch to secure it as it's closed.
This stroller is easy to push, but I wouldn't recommend it for grass or uneven surfaces.

There is one draw back we've found with this stroller, our son can put his feet by the wheels while he rides, which of course causes them to not work properly. If they had closed off the section between the bottom of the seat and the foot rest I don't think I would have any negatives with this stroller.

Overall for the price this is a great compact stroller.

Great, compact stroller

Comments about The First Years Jet Stroller:

We purchased this stroller to take to Disney World and it was way more than expected! It folds up fast and like an umbrella stroller, it is narrow but both my 2 year old and my small 5 year old fit in it comfortably. It reclines a little, enough for 2 year old to take a nap! The pouch on the back is enough to hold 4 drinks and a lot of little things(camara, keys). The compartment under is fairly small but still can hold diapers, wipes. We have had it for a year and a half now and it's held up great, nothing broke!

First Years Jet Stroller

Comments about The First Years Jet Stroller:

We bought this stroller while on vacation in California visiting the theme parks. Rather than pay for a rental stroller for several days, we decided to buy this stroller there instead, as it was a cheaper option than the rental fee. We were very satisfied with how well this stroller performed for pushing around my 4 year old son. We decided at the end of the vacation, to end up keeping the stroller and taking it back home on the plane with us, when we were expecting to just discard it at the end of vacation. We have used it on a few occasions, as an alternative to our larger bulky stroller. this is definitely better than any other "umbrella" type stroller we have used in the past.

Cons: The problem that I had was maneuvering this stroller at times, with the weight of my son. But, he is on the higher end of the spectrum for the weight limit of the stroller, so this could be expected. Another issue I had with this stroller, was the fact that the sunshade, was detachable and is not able to secure to the stroller when it is being stored. This makes it easy to bring the stroller, and forget the shade at home.