Other Baby Gates:

The First Years Hands Free Gate

Pros

Cons

This Is The Shower Gift To Give

Over the years I had my share of baby gates I started with wooden ones metal ones colorful ones    Ones you hooked   ones you fastened and yet still could not find one that would last.To a new parent this is a frusterating time as you want to keep that ambicious baby from crawlling in a room thats off limits. My whole house was baby proof but things like the dog food dish and the litter box just had to stay where they were at.

To me the biggest problem in a baby gate I faced was as baby played I had chores to do which meant running around cleaning and straightening up. I was always either killing myself climbing over gates or having the problem of not putting it back up right once i went through.and baby would go running with all its might to that dog dish. so id drop what i was doing and run after him and put him back and hed fuss . After doingthis 10 times a day it gets old. I think everytime i seen a commercial for a new gate i bought one hoping it would make life easier.

I do not like those solid one piece ones with our dog hed jump over and it did not take long for little one to realise if he giot his chair he could be free too

who was i kidding i even got a baby gate with suction   any of ya remember those stucl to my wall we had to climb over it  until we figured out how to set it free without damaging our walls

I went to a friends house to see her and she asked me how I liked her baby gate we walked through it to get to the kitchen then it dawned on me I never seen these here

Well this gate is so easy to install and use I fekt like crying for all the mysery I went through these past years from damaged walls and broken gates

Operating this gate is really easy all you do is step on the pedal and knee the little tabby thing open while your arms are full

The gates design is neutral white and it is very nice looking

You do however need to read the instructions and use the wrench they give you with this gate

Tis gate is a wonderful present to anyone with kids having a baby or keeping animals in an area

I highly recommend this and I really regret not having one sooner

A nice gate, but not perfect

We have used this gate for the last 4 years at the bottom of our stairs. Overall, I am fairly happy with the gate. It is one of the best looking gates, in my opinion, since the white color allows it to blend in pretty well and not be too noticeable. It has held up over the last 4 years and looks just as nice now as it did on the day we installed it.
The gate works well .... USUALLY. The problem is that it takes a lot of work to keep it working well. The gate works by adjusting the screws on the sides to cinch it tight to the wall, but since you open the gate by stepping on it, that pressure is constantly pushing on those screws. No matter how tight we get them, they always come loose within a few months. The problem with that is that once the screws come loose, the gate door no longer lines up properly. If the screws are tweaked one way, the door becomes too loose and my 2 year old can open the gate by herself! A big safety hazard! If the screws are tweaked another way, the door can't close easily and instead of closing behind you like it should, it hits the side of the gate and reopens ... another big safety hazard if you aren't paying close attention.
As long as you keep on top of this and constantly check the screw tension and readjust it so that the door opens and closes perfectly, it is great. I am just not super happy with having to do all that work every few months to ensure that this continues to work.

The gate to buy

Comments about The First Years Hands Free Gate:

If you are buying a baby gate this is the one to get! Simple to install and simple to use. Much easier than the take down gates we all have used for years. You no longer have to take the gate down or try to step over it to move from room to room. Any mom will tell you how convenient this simple thing is.

• Safety:

I have four dogs, enough said!

Comments about The First Years Hands Free Gate:

I use these gates to block off my living room, and kitchen. I don't allow my dogs to go into my kitchen or living room at night, or everything would be destroyed. This isn't hard to install. It can be used in many different way, for animals or babies, or small children. It helps protect my living room and/or kitchen from being destroyed. I can easily open the gate door if I'd like to allow them to go through it and easily close it. The price is awesomely low for its durability.

With this gate up, I feel as if its just another door. You open and close it. It stays intact to the wall perfectly and firmly. It isn't hard to install.

This gate to me is pretty similar to a door. It's shuts and opens. And easy to open or close. It's not complicated.

Safety
Having this gate up protects my living room and kitchen for being completely destroyed. They cannot jump over it thankfully. I have two older dogs, that would not cause trouble. But my two puppies are big trouble makers, who work harder together. So keeping them from passing through the gate helps.

A nice gate, but not perfect

• Safety:

Great design and implementation!

from Springfield, KY

Comments about The First Years Hands Free Gate:

Our old farmhouse has certain zones which are very baby unfriendly, so a baby gate was a must. With irregular door openings, the adjustable sides are perfect and stay secure. The pedal makes it easy for me to get through with a load of laundry, but my toddler can't apply enough pressure to open it. The only problem we have had is that the rubber grips got stiff after it was in storage for a year, but we replaced them with a cut up silicone trivet and the MacGyver job works pretty well.

The First Years Hands Free Gate is the Best

from Denver, CO

Comments about The First Years Hands Free Gate:

The way our house is configured, we had to buy several baby gates once my daughter was mobile. We started out buying 3. One at the top of the stairs needed to be screwed into the wall, but we then bought 2 pressure mounted gates (one the hands free, and the other just one of the panel ones). Within the first day I knew that the Hands Free gate was the ONLY way to go. It is super easy to install, and so easy to use. It was perfect to be able to open the gate with my foot, since I usually had my hands full. We ended up returning the other gate, and now have 3 of the Hands Free gates. We use them not only to help protect our daughter but also to help keep our pets out of our bedrooms. With these gates we don't have to keep all the doors closed to our bedrooms to help with circulation. Best baby gate around!

First Years Hands Free Gate is Awesome

from Hamilton, OH

Comments about The First Years Hands Free Gate:

We got the First Years Hands Free Gate when our twins when toddlers seven years ago. It was a little pricer than most gates but it was worth every penny.

It is very easy to install and works like a dream. I often had my hands full with two toddlers, diaper bags and all of the assorted gear that comes with kids and I could easily step on the foot pedl and make my way through. Over the years, our gate has seen a lot of traffic and has held up quite well.

In between the baby/toddler years, the gate has worked great as a pet barrier; keeping our small dogs confined to a space that was safe for them to be in.

I love that this gate is sturdy but doesn't require the use of screws or nails, so your walls stay safe. It's a great gate. It's on it's 7th year for us and is still going strong!

Hands Free Gate

from Castle Rock, CO

Comments about The First Years Hands Free Gate:

For anyone who has tried to open a baby gate while carrying a basket of laundry or other such bulky item, you will appreciate the ease of use of the First Years Hands Free Gate. It's easy to install, or I'm sure it is for someone not as clumsy as me (I have problems with the easiest of projects). That said, I still had this installed pretty quickly. It's pretty easy to open and close, though not so easy that my children figured it out the first time they watched my walk through. I found them great for putting at the top and bottom of my stairs. I could still move easily through the house without having to fight to open and close gates. I've had gates so hard to open I wind up just climbing over them. Not so with this product.

First Years baby gate is perfect for our new little walker!

from Seattle, WA

Comments about The First Years Hands Free Gate:

We got this gate from my in-laws and now that our 11-month-old is walking around and getting into everything, I can't imagine living without it! We put it up to block the kitchen entry, which is a source of constant temptation for our little one. The gate is very sturdy, holding up strong against our 30-pound "baby". He's tried his hardest to open the gate or knock it down but it won't budge. I find it easy to operate with the step lever. I can even do it without using my hands, I just step on the lever and use my knee to open the gate. Works great when carrying dishes or other things in and out. My husband installed it in just a few minutes without any trouble. It's light weight too, so we'll be taking it when we travel to keep our munchkin safe!

Love this gate, however it is no longer hands free

from Blaine, WA

Comments about The First Years Hands Free Gate:

I have used this gate for 3 1/2 years, first for a dog, then for our children. It started out as being used in the kitchen, and it was great. It was so simple to go to and from the kitchen to the dining room not having to worry about fiddling with a gate. It is sturdy and durable. It's very easy to clean. I can't comment on the putting together part of it, my other half took care of that, however it did not take him very long. Over the years and being slammed into with trucks and ran into, and fallen on, it is no longer hands free. Which is fine, it still serves its purpose, but if I were still using it in the kitchen I would probably be upset about it. Instead I use it as a safety gate on our covered porch outside. It's actually a pain to open, so it deters door-to-door people from coming to our house, and my 3 year old can not get it open either :)

First Years Hands Free Gate is a lifesaver!

from Greenwood, IN

Comments about The First Years Hands Free Gate:

We bought the First Years Hands Free Gate the weekend after my daughter fell and her hurt head on our stairs. We had just moved into a new home and didn't feel a gate was necessary because we only have one step. How wrong we were! Within one day, my daughter had fallen and received a nice goose egg on her forehead. Thank God she wasn't seriously hurt, but it panicked me into going out immediately to buy a gate. We had some cheap plastic gates that we had tried, but none of them stayed in place well and we had to climb over them to get in and out of the room. The Hand Free Gate was the answer. Although it was a little pricey, it was the best money we have spent. The gates opens with very little effort for adults, but snaps firmly in place and my daughter hasn't been able to get it opened. I have a daycare and I feel secure with letting the children play without having to worry about the gate coming out of place. Fit nicely above our stairs without damaging our woodwork.