Other Diets:

The Fast Metabolism Diet

Pros

Cons

• Side Effects:

I learned a lot about metabolism from this diet.

from lakeland, florida

Comments about The Fast Metabolism Diet:

My first instinct when I first started trying to diet was to eat way less than I did before. I used to skip breakfast and eventually it got to a point where I was only eating a small amount of food at supper time and that was all I was eating. I did not realize how bad this was for my body until I read this book. I quickly learned that not eating slows down your metabolism because your body starts to store the fat you take in because it is in "starvation mode". When my body went into this mode, it took nearly three times as long for me to lose any weight. I learned through this diet to not skip meals and to keep my body loaded with protein so that I did not get hunger cravings and so my body always had something to burn throughout the day. I learned to never let myself starve again and it really changed my outlook on eating. I think this diet is a very good outline for the right way to get your body on the right track to losing weight. This is a diet I think that I would definitely recommend to anyone, at least to find out about the right way to keep your metabolism healthy and strong.

• Side Effects:

Love, love, love this diet

Comments about The Fast Metabolism Diet:

I love Haylie's fresh approach to living a healthy lifestyle. It is a lot to process and learn in the beginning, but even though you make mistakes along the way you will loose weight if you keep the principles and learn as you go. There is wonderful online support.

Easiest weight I have ever lost. Hubby also has lost on this plan. Eating in phases will probably be for the rest of our lives to some extent.

Side Effects
Birch Xylitol can cause some digestive distress. We have chosen not to include this part of the diet.

Takes some time figuring out which foods are allowed on which phases, but once you do it becomes second nature. Many of your favorite recipes can be adapted to this plan. Phase 1 is a stress reducing phase, incorporating cardio exercises. Phase 2 is fat burning using strength training. Phase 3 is recovery adding in your health fats using relaxation techniques.

Great book - that works!

from Tiffin, OH

Comments about The Fast Metabolism Diet:

This book is fantastic. I do love fruits and vegetables, so this was easy to do. The book is well written, lots of good information, and easy to understand. I was skeptical, but after losing 3 lbs the first week. I was convinced. I also like the fact you are not giving up things (like fruits) for very long. I have lost 10 lbs after 3 weeks, so am thrilled. I'm keeping up with the program as I have more to lose, but this is easy. No restricting portions, diet type products (like salad dressings) etc. It was easy to give up sweets.
Of course, you have to have the right mind set - giving up cookies, candy, desserts, etc, - all the things with refined sugar and white flour. But - I have cheated with the occasional donut, small dessert from a dessert bar at a restaurant, and still had great results.

I consider this book very effective - it's clear and to the point. I love the results.

Side Effects
No side effects I can think of - all is good.

Easy reading, and very easy to use with the food lists provided.

An Answer to Prayer

from Windsor, PA

Comments about The Fast Metabolism Diet:

I am on Day 7 of this fabulous program for eating. I have lost 8 pounds and have not been hungry. The program is broken down into 3 different phases of eating and you can eat tons on each phase. I lost over 40 pounds 2 1/2 years ago on weight watchers but gained 20 of it back and have not been able to lose anything since no matter what I did. This is truly working and is a way I can live and eat totally healthy! You can copy the foods for each stage and carry with you if you need to eat out. It's simple!!!!!

I'm on Day 7 and have lost 8 pounds

Side Effects
I've had no side effects. Lots of energy. I did have a headache on day 2 and not sure if that was due to weather or not having any caffeine, but I feel awesome and am sleeping well and have tons of energy and focus.

Very simple to follow. A preselected week of recipes and food selections are there if you can buy the things on the list. If not there is a list of all foods for each phase and you can choose what fits your budget. Copy the list and carry it with you to the grocery store or to the restaurants.