Other Feminine Care Products:
Diva Cup
The Diva Cup

The Diva Cup

Best women's invention ever!!!

The Diva Cup is a reusable, medical grade silicone cup used as an alternative to tampons and menstrual pads. Good for ten years or more, it's incredibly economical. Insertion and removal can take some time to master, but after a few cycles with the Diva Cup, most women have no problems emptying their cups.I've had my Diva Cup for almost 2.5 years and it's been the greatest thing ever. I often forget I even have my period. I could never insert tampons properly, but because the Diva Cup sits lower, I don't have that problem. No more leaky feeling all the time, no more messy pads to deal with. The Diva Cup can be used for up to 12 hours or more without needing to be emptied, so there's no need to carry supplies around during that time of the month. Just pop it in and go!

Diva cup is a great product, too big for me.

I really wanted to love the Diva cup.  It's such a great idea: reusable, eco-friendly, convenient, economical.  Unfortunately, it wasn't right for me.  I have a very small pelvis, and although I tried the Diva cup for two months, both times it caused me discomfort and, worse, gave me a UTI from the pressure.

However, I should add that my pelvis really is unusually small.  Decades earlier I had problems using the diaphragm for the same reason.  My gynecologist told me that the smallest available diaphragm was borderline too big for me.  And sure enough, it also gave me UTI's and cramping.

So...the diva cup is not one size fits all.  If you've had problems finding a diaphragm that fits, you probably won't be happy with this, either.  But for nearly all women, I still think it's a fabulous idea.  Even for me, it worked on heavy days.  I probably would have continued with it despite the cramping if it weren't for those UTI's.

fantastic little doodad!

from Fullerton ca

About Me Casual

Pros

• Comfortable
  • Discreet
  • Easy to Use
  • Good Protection

Cons

• Heavy Days
    • Light Days
    • Moderate Days
    • Swimming
    • Travel

Comments about The Diva Cup:

The Diva cup is like a gift from the period Gods. I wish I had found out about it ten years ago when a visit from anti flow inhibited my clothing choices. Pad, tampon and black pants just in case right? UG.

But this little beauty it great. 3 months now, no leaks, no infections, and NO TRASH. No wonder companies like maxi and tamax don't want it advertised!

I should mention that it takes getting used to, to put in and remove that is. Follow instructions, clean it between each use, and relax. you won't feel it in there if it's in the right spot.

Now I can wear what I want, when I want.

AND BONUS!! I don't have to worry that a shark will eat me at the beach when I menstrate!

Groundbreaking device

Pros

• Comfortable
    • Discreet
    • Good Protection

Cons

• Difficult to Use

• Heavy Days
    • Swimming
    • Travel

Comments about The Diva Cup:

I was scared at first to try a menstrual cup. I was surprised when I had a great experience with the cup. You don't have to change as often with the cup, you save money, and it's 100% healthy (I even asked my doctor). As long as you use the product properly it will work properly. There is no risk of TSS. It's kind of hard to use but as long as you read over the instructions a couple of times you'll be okay. I was scared of the size of the cup, it is a LITTLE bigger than a tampon but it's doable. The stem was slightly irritating but with observation, you will know if you need to trim it. Everything will work out if you read instructions and choose the right cup for your body.

Best thing ever for your period!

Comments about The Diva Cup:

I found the Diva Cup when I was researching alternatives to using regular pads and tampons a few years ago. I started becoming sensitive to pads and tampons and would end up with a minor rash by the 4th day of my period due to use of pads and liners. I never had trouble with tampons but I still used a pantyliner as back-up. However, I was tired of getting these rashes and figured that it must mean that my body is telling me to look into other alternatives. I was also tired of paying so much money for these items and literally throwing my money away.

After Googling menstrual cups, I found information on the Diva Cup and decided on this brand instead of the Luna Cup only because it uses medical grade silicone. I was not sure how I would react to natural rubber. Also, the stem looked shorter on the Diva Cup. After receiving it, it took me a few days to get used to inserting it correctly and figuring out how to empty it without spilling the contents all over. I admit that it is not easy and clean like using pads and tampons as you may get blood on your hands. However, I am not squeamish like that so it never bothered me. I did use a liner during my learning period in case I inserted it wrong. However, I only had minor leakage and the liner was more than sufficient for those small accidents.

I have now been using the Diva Cup for over 3 years and have not complaints whatsoever. I never had to trim the stem like some women and only on the day 1 and 2 of my period do I have to empty the cup more since those are my heavy flow days. The Diva Cup is incredibly comfortable! I never feel anything when I use it and I have run half-marathons with no problems or pain. Also, I often use it a few days before my period starts just in case it starts early. I haven't had any accidents on my underpants or in my bed since starting this little trick.

A few things that I learned along the way:
    1) Do not use antibacterial soap to clean the cup! After using this type of soap for a year, I started having severe cramps and felt like I had a UTI. I went the doctor and was tested with negative results. I figured out finally that it had to do with my Diva Cup. I immediately ordered a new one AND used the Diva Wash. NO SYMPTOMS since then.

2) My period is significantly shorter ever since I used the Diva Cup. My cycle used to last 6-7 days and now it's down to 4-5 days max.

3) Make sure that you squat and rotate your hips around to ensure that the Diva Cup is fully opened and in the proper position.

Otherwise, I am so glad that I found the Diva Cup and never again will I return to pads or tampons!

Your Period Will Never, Ever be the Same

Comments about The Diva Cup:

The Diva Cup was a purchase that I stumbled upon. One day, while perusing an article on a "Living Green" blog, I came across a mention of the cup. I spent the next hour researching and reading reviews, and then I hopped on amazon.com and purchased a Diva Cup for myself. And, honestly, I am so glad that I did every day. ...Okay, well at least one week out of the month. It works wonderfully and I love knowing that I am wasting less and putting fewer foreign chemicals and objects in my body. Best purchase I've made in a long, long time.

Once you get use to using, it is wonderful.

from Yoder, KS

Comments about The Diva Cup:

I am part of a mommy group on Facebook. One day the mommies were talking about cloth pads and Diva cups. I had no idea about either options so I started asking questions and gathering as much information as I could. I learned that many of the moms were using this cup for their menstrual cycles other then the normal store bought pads or tampons.
    They told me that you just insert this cup and then you can change it as you wish. As long as it is emptied at least every 12 hours. When you take out the cup, you simply empty it in the toilet and then rinse in the sink or you can also use the cleaner that they sell. It is reusable every month and lasts a long time if you follow the company's care instructions.
    I found the Diva cup on sale and couldn't resist giving it a try. The first month I tried this I was not sure. It takes some getting used to. It was a major change in the way I had been used to.
    I decided that I had spent the money so I was going to give it another try the following month. So glad that I did. Once you learn how to navigate the usage of this, it is so easy and saves so much money. I have been using it for over a year and I have also switched to using cloth pads with it if I am worried about flow.
    I have not bought pads or tampons in over a year. That is money saving all on its own but I can't ignore the benefit of also not contributing to more waste in our world.

Have you heard the good news?

Comments about The Diva Cup:

All lot of Diva Cup users kind of joke around that we have this almost evangelical zeal about this cup.
    Well, I promise you, it's is for VERY good reason.
    What if I told you that, minus whatever cramp pain you experience, you could completely forget about your period for the entire day? This is pretty much what the Diva Cup does for you. No worries about period odor from pads, no more ruined underwear, no need to even consider Toxic Shock Syndrome. I can do everything-- exercise, swim, you name it, without having to worry about any unpleasant incidences. The Diva Cup is very safe, made of high quality silicone. Unlike tampons, it is very healthy for vagina. There are no irritants at all. The only hassles that I experience with it is insertion-- it does take some practice to get used to it-- and the eventual emptying of it. It was extremely awkward in a dorm setting, so I would only recommend it if you have access to a private bathroom so it is easy for you to clean it. I empty it either in the toilet or the shower, and it's not too much to worrier about. Much, much better than dealing with messiness all the time, every day, for six days. Get the Diva Cup. You won't regret it.

Seems durable! I purchased after reading many reviews

from Charleston, SC

Comments about The Diva Cup:

This product seemed to have the best reviews, so I purchased it. I think it is a wonderful way to help keep disposable feminine hygiene products out of landfills and to really get to know your body (How much/consistency/etc). It is surprising easy to clean. Insertion is fairly easy by following the instructions that come with the cup, but I do think they need to come up with better ways for removal since that is the most difficult thing for me. I think it would also be helpful to have some kind of cartoon demonstration video on youtube to help out with different ways to insert and remove. It comes in a cute little storage container too!

makes that time of the month so much easier

from Saint Louis, MO

Comments about The Diva Cup:

Overall I am very pleased with this product, the first brand of menstrual cup that I tried.

The plusses:
    -Large capacity; except for the first day of my period, I can wear it all day with no leaks. (During that first, heavier day I have to clean it one time).
    -Comfortable to wear; I don't notice it at all once it's in.
    -Easy to get in and out.
    -Durable

The minuses:
    -This is pretty picky, but there are two tiny indentations near the rim that trap stains and can't be cleaned out even with aggressive scrubbing.
    For this reason alone, albeit a minor one, I prefer the lunette cup, which lacks these little indentations so looks cleaner after months of use.

The Cup that changes lives!

from Iliff, CO

Comments about The Diva Cup:

I have actually only used the Model 2 but the only difference is the size of the cup. I LOVE this cup. For YEARS I have had a heavy flow, we are talking nearly 5 to 6 ounces instead of 1 to 2 ounces (which is considered normal). I was always leaking and had to change tampons/pads almost ever 30 minutes. It nearly caused me to become a hermit for the week of my flow. I also had awful cramps, migraines and super bad PMS. I finally decided to give a Diva cup a try, knowing that it could hold more than a tampon. I can't believe I waited so long! With my flow, I do have to empty the cup more often than suggested but I no longer have leaks! The cup is super comfortable and is very similar to the feeling of a tampon. My cramps, migraines, and PMS have greatly reduced. I feel like I can do anything during the week of my flow with a Diva cup. I don't have to worry. The Diva cup has changed my life. I would recommend it to anyone.

Worked OK but caused months of health problems

from Annapolis, MD

Comments about The Diva Cup:

I have had mixed results with this. I really wanted for it to work out but it's not right for me and my doctors have advised me to discontinue use.

The first month I hated it for 3 days. It was a pain to get in and out and somewhat messy. Then I got used to it and thought I can do this. After the end of the 5 days I thought for sure it was giving me a UTI but the sensation went away after a few days and all seemed well.

So the 2nd month I decided to give it another try but it didn't work quite as well. There is a learning curve with this product. When it's inserted correctly, it works great. But when it's slightly off, look out, what a disaster. That pretty much sums up the 2nd month.

I didn't have the energy or desire to use the Divacup again during the 3rd month as I got that UTI feeling again after the 2nd month and three months of not feeling well I'm finally 98% back to normal.

It took 4 visits to my GP, one to a gynecologist, and one visit to a urologist, 3 rounds of antibiotics, 12 weeks of irritation/pain, and countless out of pocket medical expenses I'm finally feeling better. My docs and I are sure it's the Divacup that compressed my urethra and caused weeks of discomfort. Therefore I won't be using it again. What a nightmare.

Several of my friends use this product and love love love it. I wanted to love it as well but not if it's going to annoy me and cause pain.