3.9

3.9

Pros

Cons

The carb lovers diet

I absolutely love this diet book. This is my number one favorite diet book in all the world because it helps carb addicts like me learn how to eat carbs but in a good way and it helped me lose weight pretty rapidly as compared to the other diets I have tried and the other diet books I have read and tried it helped me lose weight and it kept me active and involved and wanting to keep reading the diet book because it is very interesting and you don't want to put it down because it helps you and it teaches you so many things that you may or may not have known before. You all carb addicts like me? You wanna try it out and see if this book isn't the bomb. It totally helps and totally teaches and totally trains your brain and your body into doing different things and learning how to be smarter and exercise more and eat healthier and love your body. Losing weight has made me more confident and more focused so that I can do what I set out to do because being so fat I was always worried and focused on what other people were thinking

The Carb Lovers Diet- why it sometimes doesn't work.

The Carb Lovers Diet focuses on the all-carb diet. Sure, it's good for awhile, but then after that, what else is there to eat besides carbs? Eating an all-carb diet is okay for a short time, but after awhile, it gets expensive, and there aren't enough nutrients in carbs to satisfy peoples' needs. That's why this book tends to stretch the truth a little bit when it comes to dieting. This book tells dieters that they will lose weight by only eating carbs; like bread, pasta, and starchy foods like potatoes. When in reality, potatoes are empty carbs- they don't do much of anything for the all-carb dieter. On the other hand, people who have read the book and have followed the diet says that it has worked wonders and that they have lost so much weight, it was unbelievable. And some who have followed the diet say that it made them gain weight- that's because all they eat is carbs and no fruits or vegetables. Whatever you decide do to; all the more power to you.

If you Love Carbs This Diet is For You

from Wrightstown NJ

Comments about The Carb Lovers Diet:

This is a great diet for those of you who love carbohydrates such as bread and pasta. It is not only a diet but also a plan for choosing a healthier way of eating. You can have your carbs with this diet but do not overdo them. You cannot eat cups and cups of pasta or lots of bread but you can have a normal portion size at a meal when paired with healthy choice options such as vegetables and protein. I find that it is easier to stay on this plan as you are allowed to have a small amount of the foods you like as opposed to diet plans where you are not supposed to have any carbohydrates. Carbohydrates give you energy and as long as you choose the healthy ones such as whole grain pasta or bread , you can have some and it will not derail your weight loss. I like this diet as it does give you some variety in what you can eat and does not make you miserable. I would recommend it to anyone wanting to start a diet where you can have some more options when it comes to what you can and cannot eat.

Good if you follow the plan

Side Effects
none

Easy to follow

I love this diet!

from Columbus, OH

Comments about The Carb Lovers Diet:

If you want to lose weight without giving up carbohydrates, then this is the diet for you! The Carb Lovers Diet really works. This diet goes up against everything I have always been taught about carbohydrates. I was just looking for a diet that would help me burn off the last ten pesky pounds I couldn't get rid of. Following this diet, I lost the ten pounds, plus three more. I was amazed! Every other diet I have ever tried advised against eating carbohydrates, but I always ended up craving them and eating them anyways. With this diet, I wasn't craving carbohydrates because they are part of the diet. I am able to eat meals such as steak and potatoes, french toast and sandwiches on bread. I have much more energy now after following this diet. I am also more motivated to eat healthier and prepare the foods I love in a healthy way. It only took me a couple of months to lose the ten pounds, but I stuck with the diet plan and watched them come off. I plan my meals at the beginning of the week and base them on the recommendations of this diet. This diet is fantastic. I recommend it to anyone who loves carbohydrates and wants to lose weight.

Side Effects
I no longer crave carbohydrates!

• Side Effects:

I get to keep my carbs!!!

from lakeland, florida

Comments about The Carb Lovers Diet:

This diet was great because I got to keep my carbohydrates. The plan discourages from bad carbohydrates like white rice, white bread, and other similar starches. It pushed me to eat more legumes, brown rice, wheat pastas, and other healthy carbohydrates. Because this diet did not force me to get rid of the starches, I felt a lot a fuller than I normally did on a diet. I could put those starches on my plate and fill the rest with healthier items rich in protein and good fats. The only issue I really faced was that I was only allowed to have twelve hundred calories a day at first. It was a little difficult to get used to at first, but that is because I was eating way too much during the day before I started the diet. Once I got used to it, I was okay. It is just hard for me to stick with any diet, but this is one I would try again in the future. It is a diet that kept me feeling full even though I was not eating very much food.

I did not buy a book for this diet. All of the information I got to help me, I found online. It was very easy to use and easy to follow.

This Diet Is For Carb Lovers

from Stockton, CA

Comments about The Carb Lovers Diet:

This diet is great for people who love eating carbs. You can eat carb-rich foods on this diet, as long as they have "Resistant Starch" in them. This starch is a metabolism booster. It helps you lose your appetite. Your belly area will shrink because the right carbs will shrink your fat cells. It will help you build muscle mass too. My legs look better after being on this diet. I like the way this diet helps control my blood sugar levels. It also helps my cholesterol levels as well. I have more energy while on this diet too. This book has a lot of tips and rules to follow. It also has a lot of food choices that taste great. My favorites to eat are bread and pastas. They have a lot of recipes made with natural ingredients in them. My hunger goes away on this diet. I am not hungry during the day because my food choices fill me up. I get to eat quick bites and frozen foods. This diet is expensive and takes a lot of time, but it works. I did lose a few pounds within a couple months. "The Carb Lovers Diet" is an enjoyable diet to try if you love eating carbs.

• Side Effects:

If you love carbs the way I do this is the diet for you

from Taylor, MI

Comments about The Carb Lovers Diet:

Let me start off I am not really into dieting, I love my carbs, potatoes, pasta, bread you name it I love it. There are even carbs in foods that you may think are healthier, whole wheat or whole grain, even vegetables. The trick that you need to know and will learn from the carb lovers diet is that you don't have to quit eating the wonderful foods that all of us love and don't want to live without. The main thing is that you dont have 5 servings of pasta and 2 servings of bread in 1 day. You have to choose wisely to figure out a good balance of the carbs you love and the healthier carbs and spread them out throughout the day. The other main thing to know is that carbs make people happy and that's why this diet works better then the diets that are just meat and cheese like 1 friend did, she was miserable. The fact is its not really a diet but a healthier lifestyle. Everything is better in moderation. Maybe cut back a little on the carbs and eat more foods that are lowers in carbs or carb free. Its all about smaller portions and realizing what 1 serving of pasta really is.

• Side Effects:

I didn't have to give up carbs, just eat the right ones.

from Toledo, OH

Comments about The Carb Lovers Diet:

I bought the Carb Lovers Diet Book to use as a guideline – what are “good” carbs and what are “bad” carbs. This book really surprised me as did some of the content. Of course you can’t just go eat all the high carb, high calorie foods and expect to lose weight. But you can eat the right carbs and lose weight and have more energy. As with everything, moderation and variety are key. This book gives you the tools to selectively eat carbs, which I just happen to love, and guides you with portions and adjusting calories to keep losing weight. There is a lot of common sense in this book. Plus this diet lets me eat more like I would eat if I weren’t dieting which will help me make it more of a way of life than something that is too strict or something that has too many supplements that I have to take or use. This book to me is not just for eating to lose weight but it is also for eating to be healthier and have more energy (which in turn helps me keep my weight in control).

Try It, You'll Like It

from Cottonwood, CA

Comments about The Carb Lovers Diet:

First of all, let me say that I'm no scientist and don't want to get into all the claims and counter claims surrounding the science of nutrition and all that. All I can say is that the explanations for this diet seem reasonable. Beyond that, all I know is that what works for me is that old axiom : all things in moderation. I am a food lover, and especially a lover of my carbs, breads and pasta especially. So when I ran across the Carb Lovers Diet, it got my attention. I bought the book and have not been disappointed. It has great recipes for meals centered around and including carbs. It also has some great advice on dieting in general. But be warned that this is no magic bullet that will miraculously make you lose weight. You still have to watch your intake and exercise is highly encouraged. But this diet will definitely expand your horizons as far as what you can incorporate into your diet and will ease your guilt. I don't want to give too much away, but it will definitely give you one more weapon in your arsenal in the war against weight and for health. So in my opinion, the Carb Lovers Diet is great. Eat hearty and enjoy!

The Diet Works??

from Massillon, OH

Comments about The Carb Lovers Diet:

The "Carb Lovers Diet" is an interesting book that shows people how to live with a good carbohydrate lifestyle diet. I would definately recommend this diet to others because it is quite tasty and shows people how to live a carbohydrate lifestyle. I wouldn't recommend it to younger teenagers because you don't recieve your normal diet income that teenagers should consume on a normal everday basis. I personally haven't read this book, but it looks like a goood book that will change your diet to make you skinnier, healthier, and aqcuire more self esteem. I hope others will read this book because it seems to deal with a lot of grains and pastas. Personally, I would read this book because I am a pasta lover and I love to eat pasta. Really, who doesn't like to eat pasta? I'm sure everyone does. This book should be presented in health lectures and seminars to people who are living with a bad eating style. Overall, pretty good.

Carb Lover's Diet

from Kanab, UT

Comments about The Carb Lovers Diet:

I absolutely loved this diet. It was awesome. Not only did I lose 20 pounds in six months but my energy was through the roof. Carbs have always been something that I have struggled with immensely. After the birth of my third child I thought the weight would never come off. I was up all night with little kids and I turned to food to comfort me and my sleepiness during the day. Carbs were my enemy. I loved them so much. But the carb diet turned me around. I learned to balance my carbs and maintain a healthy moderation so that I would not sabotage weightloss. The results were dramatic. I now look amazing and have more energy that I have ever had. I love being a mom and showing off my new figure. If you are looking for more than a diet but a lifestyle... this is the diet for you. I am so happy with this diet. Everyone go and buy this book. Your life will change! I promise. May you lose the weight! Happy carbing!

The Carb Lovers Diet- why it sometimes doesn't work.

from Clearwater, FL