2.8

Cons

Great Fruit Fresh Scent But Very Light On The Moisture

from Hartford, CT

Comments about The Body Shop Strawberry Puree Body Lotion:

I just love all food scented bath and body products so when I saw The Body Shop's Strawberry Puree Body Lotion at the store I had to get a bottle.

I've been using The Body Shop's body butters for years and I was expecting something more intensive like them but this is very light. Very light. As in it feels very water based when you apply it. That can be a good thing in certain circumstances. This is a great lotion for the summer when you can appreciate both the strawberry scent and the light, fast absorbing nature of the lotion. It doesn't leave your skin greasy or heavy feeling. It also does not moisturize particularly well. So, if you need just a hint of moisture this is good, but if you're looking for a more traditional lotion you need to look elsewhere.

The strawberry scent is very fresh and pleasant and is perfect for the summer months.

As far as value goes it's not the most economical lotion, but it is earth and people friendly and they don't test on animals so there's a bit of a trade off there.

Overall this is good, but not great.

• Absorption:

Very fruity lotion, not much moisture.

Comments about The Body Shop Strawberry Puree Body Lotion:

I received this Body Shop Strawberry Puree Body Lotion as part of a Body Shop gift basket from a dear friend who knows that I love The Body Shop's body butters. That is actually the only product I had ever tried and used from the Body Shop and I was pretty excited when she gave me that beautiful basket full of Body Shop goodies. Well, wow, what a huge disappointment the Strawberry Puree Body Lotion was! The scent smells very sweet and fruity, but I thought it had a bit too much of an artificial smell to it. The scent is really not what disappointed me though, because I did enjoy it anyway, it was the texture and the feeling on my skin after applying this lotion that really did it for me. The texture is very runny and gel-like, and even though it was not unpleasant applying on my skin, it did next to nothing to my dry skin as far as moisture goes. Then, as soon as you apply the lotion on your skin, you get this very sticky feeling on your skin for the first few minutes, making it fairly unpleasant to use. The sticky feeling does eventually go away but I would rather not have to deal with that at all. I would consider using this lotion during the summer when the weather is warmer and humid, and your skin does not need as much moisture, but if you have naturally dry skin, this will not meet your skin's needs. It is too light and not moisturizing enough.

Smells good, but..

Comments about The Body Shop Strawberry Puree Body Lotion:

This product smells good, but it doesn't have a great effect on my skin.

The scent isn't very strong and it doesn't leave you smelling like strawberries for too long.

Absorption
The product dries faster than the body butter

after use this usually just end up drying my skin out more than it adds moisture.

Not worth the price

from Los Angeles, CA

Comments about The Body Shop Strawberry Puree Body Lotion:

I bought this lotion at the Body Shop a week ago hoping to find a cheaper alternative to the lotions & shower gels I usually buy at Origins. After using this for two months, my previously baby-smooth skin became dry, flaky & itchy. I finally chucked it & headed back to Origins. The next time I'm looking for cheap lotion, I'll head to the drug store.