Other Bath Soaps & Scrubs:
The Body Shop Satsuma Body Polish

The Body Shop Satsuma Body Polish

Pros

Cons

Deliciously Scented And Effective!

from Hartford, CT

Comments about The Body Shop Satsuma Body Polish:

After trying out The Body Shop's Satsuma Body Butter I was intrigued when I came across their Satsuma Body Polish.

I tend to have very dry skin on my legs and I'm always looking for a gentle, yet effective, exfoliant. This fits the bill perfectly.

First, the scent is the same lovely citrus (a satsuma is also known as a tangerine) used in the body butter so it's bright and fresh and blends perfectly with the body butter so you have no competing scents.

The exfoliation part comes not from plastic particles which most manufacturers use and which contaminate the water supply, but groom crushed walnut shells and granulated loofah (which is a plant).

While gel-based this is not drying at all as it contains Fair Trade organic honey (of all things) to moisturize as you exfoliate.

I use this a couple times a week, whenever I remember, and have had very good results with it.

Used in conjunction with the Satsuma Body Butter it will leave you with silky, smooth, soft skin that smells delightfully of orange.

Nothing better than an ORANGE to wake you up!

from Tom Bean, Texas

Comments about The Body Shop Satsuma Body Polish:

There is something so wonderful about the smell of oranges in the morning when you are trying to wake up. When my husband gets in the shower and uses the scrub, the entire bathroom spills over this luscious scent of Satsuma orange into the hallways and into the bedrooms letting everyone know it's time to get up and get moving. It's a great smell!

Cleans well, scrubs great and leaves the nicest, freshest scent on the skin. My skin is soft and citrusy to smell. My grandson uses this also and he loves the scent, too. We even got him the lotion and spray to compliment one another. At daycare, they say he is the best smelling kid around. He loves the attention...I love the clean.

Oh my God...there's nothing better in the mornings to get you going. You know how the smell of lemons is fresh, well, the Satsuma is also that exhilarating and it's wonderful. I cannot encourage everyone to give this one a try. It can really jump start the day for you.;

great smell- I just love it

Comments about The Body Shop Satsuma Body Polish:

I find the body shop's satsuma to be an amazing scent- its actually my fav. It smells so good and too refreshing. It's rightly called "body polish" and not scrub/ no exfoliation. I use the Satsuma shower gel, body polish and top it off with the satsuma body butter for a complete layered effect that keeps me refreshed all day.

You can polish the silverware. I'm polishing my body!

from The heart of , NY

Comments about The Body Shop Satsuma Body Polish:

The Body Shop's Satsuma is my favorite Body Shop scent. I love the strong, zingy orange fragrance in the shower and on my body after when I use the body butter.

I have the Satsuma Body Wash but, really, all I need is the **The Body Shop Satsuma Body Polish**. It lathers as it exfoliates, leaving me clean, polished, and heavenly scented. I just wish it was a bit more "scrubby". Still, I would use this product if it was just gel because I love the fragrance so much.

**The Product**

This body polish comes in a 6.75 pounce clear plastic tube. The tube sits on its flip cap and I can clearly see the product, which is a deep orange color mixed with some dark specks, though the plastic of the tube.

**My Use**

The scent didn't disappoint. It was strong and zingy like the body butter. Yum. The product squeezes out fine and spreads easily. It does exfoliate but I prefer a really good scrubbing, something I really don't get with this. I also note that it seems that the scrubbing particles sort of disappear during my shower.

This product lathers and reminds me of a body wash. It seems to do double duty - cleansing and gently polishing my skin.

When I use this, my whole bathroom fills up with the wonderful Satsuma scent which makes my kids complain and makes me very happy. The scent is so sunny, I really don't know how anyone could NOT love it.

The product washes off well with no residue or film and doesn't leave my skin oily. My skin is smooth and polished and not at all dried out.

I love **The Body Shop Satsuma Body** **Polish** because of the fragrance and I like it as a gentle scrub. I like the tube packaging which is so much easier to use than tub scrubs but I am not in love with the texture of this product. I would prefer a bit more scrubbing action and longer lasting scrubbing particles.

Still, I will use this product and buy more because I just love how I feel when I use it and after!

**My Viewpoint**

**The Body Shop Satsuma Body Polish** is a great smelling, gentle lathering body polish that leaves my skin fresh, clean, and fragrant.

I prefer harsher scrubs in general but when I am using the Satsuma line, the Body Wash, the Polish, and the Body Butter make a great trio that cleanse, polish, and hydrate my skin all lifting my spirits and making me smell juicy and fresh. The scent couldn't be better for a person like me who loves strong citrus fragrances that last on my skin.

***I give this product 4 stars.*** If it had more scrubbing particles, it would be one of my very favorite scrubs. It definitely is my favorite Body Shop one.