Other Body Lotions:

The Body Shop Satsuma Body Butter

Pros

Cons

• Absorption:

Uplifting and Happy...Energy in a TUB!

The Body Shop is one of my favorite places to shop considering their dedication to the environment, animals and people. This is one of the most responsible companies on the planet. They are also responsible financially and can sometimes be difficult to locate since they do not OVERSATURATE the market with a store on every corner so you may wish to order online unless you have a store locally. They can also be a bit pricey but the expense is worth it and the deals are great when you land one so stock up on your favorites.

As for their Satsuma Body Butter, I have to say the same...one of my favorites.

It's creamy, scented with the unbelievable scent of oranges that are extremely uplifting and HAPPY! Talk about waking you up in the morning...This is ENERGY in a TUB! It's smooth, creamy and lasts for hours without failing to bring a smile to a passer-by's face. Also, it is extremely hydrating. I love putting it on my elbows and knees for that extra moisturizing that they sometimes need.

This is one of the best.

Sandy

Smells good, but too greasy.

My skin gets extremely dry in the winter, so I really need a thick moisturizer that will prevent my skin from cracking and bleeding.  While the Body Shop body butter is moisturizing, it is greasy and makes my skin sticky.  I wish more of it would absorb into my skin instead of sitting on top of it.  Its price is comparable to other body butters, and since a little goes a long way, the tub will last a few months.  But because I am not in love with the product, for my money, I'd rather mix a small dab of baby oil gel with an ordinary lotion to make it even more moisturizing.

i love citrus

from rochester

About Me Budget Buyer

Pros

• Goes On Smoothly
  • Moisturizes Well
  • Softens Skin

Cons

Comments about The Body Shop Satsuma Body Butter:

i am not a fan of bodyshop, but i love this one. it moisturizes really well, but some times it become a bit too greesy if i put too much. but over all i give it 5 stars

Not Just A Pretty Face

Comments about The Body Shop Satsuma Body Butter:

When I used to think of The Body Shop, I used to think of it just being another brand name with a pretty delightful scent and virtually no effectiveness. Boy, was I ever glad and so happy to be wrong. I received The Body Shop Satsuma Body Butter as a birthday gift and figured I'd give it a whirl. Immediately, I felt how silky and soft my skin was plus I smelled great! Hours later, my skin still felt soft and moisturized without having to repeatedly re-apply more lotion just so my skin didn't feel dry. The fragrance is mind blowing and hypnotizing. The delicious scent just lingers and lingers and you'll smell and feel so feminine and fresh through out your entire day. I don't suggest you apply it to your face only because of the fragrances but I would highly suggest you apply it every where else and within the first application up to the first few days, you will feel an improved difference and never look back!

Pleasantly Surprised By The Scent

from Hartford, CT

Comments about The Body Shop Satsuma Body Butter:

When I first saw this body butter I wasn't sure what a satsuma was but I decided to give it a try anyway after giving it a sniff and admiring its citrusy scent. Happily, a satsuma is actually also known as a tangerine. It's a citrus fruit very similar in scent to the orange.

This lovely citrus scented body butter was the ideal addition to my Body Shop body butter collection. It shares its rich, creamy formula which comes from the Fair Trade shea butter it is made from with the rest of the Body Shop body butter line. It leaves your skin thoroughly moisturized but does not leave you feeling greasy or heavy. It also gives your skin a light orange scent.

This is great for after the shower or bath, since it locks in the moisture very well.

This is also light enough to use all year round, even during the heat of the summer, although I prefer to use it mainly in the spring because of its happy citrus scent.

I definitely recommend this to all body butter fans!

amazing scent

Comments about The Body Shop Satsuma Body Butter:

The scent on this body butter is absolutely amazing. It is fresh, bright, and summery. It makes you want to go and eat some Satsumas because the scent is dead on with what it's supposed to be. It is a strong scent as well, it lingers on your skins for a while after you apply.
      All of The Body Shop body butters that I've tried, this scent included, have a great silky texture to them that have a wonderful application feel. Your skin begins to feel moisturized immediately upon contact. It absorbs very nicely and isn't greasy or sticky at all. Because body butters tend to be a little on the thick side, some tend to leave a residue you can feel after it's been absorbed and dried, but this does not have that, it leaves nothing behind but soft wonderfully scented skin.
      This are a little more on the expensive side, so I am not able to get them as often as I'd like, but if you can afford them they're definitely worth the money.

An all time favorite!

from Indiana

Comments about The Body Shop Satsuma Body Butter:

The Body Shop's body butter is easily one of the best moisture products I've ever used - hands down! The moisture is deep penetrating and lasts a long time. The only complaint I've had about it is that it's greasy a bit on first application (this goes away fairly quickly, however). Also, this product might seem pricey at first, but a little bit goes a long way - this is a highly concentrated formula. Make sure to watch for this to go on sale; the Body Shop offers it on sale frequently.

As for the mango scent, it's probably my favorite of all the Body Shop's body butter fragrances. It's very true to the tub, meaning that it doesn't change much once you put it on your skin. What you smell is what you get. It's also not too over powering of a scent; lightly fruity and a bit fresh/floral.

Scent of this is fruity, tropical, and fresh. Not overpowering like some of the other fragrances. Probably my favorite in the body butter line.

Absorption
      A bit greasy on first application but soaks in well and doesn't leave a heavy residue.

Perfect for winter!

• Absorption:

Uplifting and Happy...Energy in a TUB!

from Tom Bean, Texas

Comments about The Body Shop Satsuma Body Butter:

As for their Satsuma Body Butter, I have to say the same...one of my favorites.

This is one of the best.

Sandy

Suprisingly zesty scent.

from Fredericksburg, VA

Comments about The Body Shop Satsuma Body Butter:

If you were to cut a Satsuma or Mandarin fruit open, that is exactly what you smell whenever you open up a tub of Satsuma body butter. I really like the invigorating scent of this body butter; it dosen't smell artificial at all. It sinks in really quickly, and leaves your skin smooth. I wouldn't recommend this for people with really dry skin, as it won't make much of a difference, but for people with normal skin looking for a light moisturiser that smells really natural, this is the body butter for you.

I love Satsuma!

from Louisville, KY

Comments about The Body Shop Satsuma Body Butter:

This is a perfect combination of some of my favorites from the body shop. I love Satsuma scent. This is my favorite scent from the body shop. I also love the body butter at the body shop. It is not like a lotion it is thicker and feels great on my skin.

Love, love, love it.

from 63625678

Comments about The Body Shop Satsuma Body Butter:

I am totally in love with the Body Shop Body Butter. My all time favorite is this Satsuma scent, but there are so many good ones to choose from. I use this moisturizer everyday and it soothes even the driest skin and makes you smell wonderful and fresh. Although it is more expensive than other body butters, you only need a small amount each time so a tub will last for longer than you'd expect. I also prefer to use Body Shop products because they never test products on animals.

The best scent in the whole world!!

from White Lake, MI

Comments about The Body Shop Satsuma Body Butter:

I can't say enough about this product.  The Body Shop has some wonderful smelling products, but Satsuma is my favorite scent of any product I've ever used!

The body butters are very fragrant and great at hydrating skin.  The natural ingredients aren't harsh on sensitive or very dry skin.  Although, depending on your preferences, The Body Shop body butters can seem a bit greasy after applying to skin.

I love this product and think everyone should use products that smell like Satsuma!!  :)