Other Body Lotions:

The Body Shop Hemp Hand Protector Lotion

Pros

Cons

• Absorption:

moisture and protection without being greasy

I wash my hands about 50 times in an 8 hour shift at work. I have very dry hands. I have looked for ways to moisturize my hands but they have all been greasy. This product absorbs when you rub it in and you can still tell its working after you wash your hands. You don't need allot. I use this before I go to bed to heal any cracks from the cold, dry weather.

Get ready to stink!

I got the smallest size of The Body Shop Hemp Hand Protector lotion to try on my horribly dry skin this winter. I knew it didn't smell great when I smelled it in the store, but I think I underestimated the unpleasantness of it. I ended up using on my cracked heels and then covered them with little socks. But when I used it on my hands the first night, my husband was like "what is that smell?" It was just too unpleasant to have anywhere near our faces. It is very moisturizing, but so are other products that do not smell as bad! Also, not really going to absorb into your skin very well. Stays greasy.

Pretty Good

from New Jersey

Comments about The Body Shop Hemp Hand Protector Lotion:

I like this product. You don't need a lot, and it comes out really thick. It has a real earthy smell which I like, but isn't the standard. I think this product does a nice job moisturizing hands and lasts a long time. My hands get really dry in the winter and I have found this cream helps without leaving a greasy residue. A great feature in my opinion.

There is no sickly flower or fruity scent, but instead it is more earthy. Great for those who like more natural kinds of smells, but may be too strong for some people.

Absorption
Even though the cream is thick, it seems to get absorbed quickly into my skin, which means there's very little, if any, to get all over everything I touch for the next fifteen minutes after applying it. This is really convenient for me.

It's a nice, thick cream that moisturizes well. I don't find that I need a whole lot, and it seems the moisture and softness last for a long time. Great for elbows, too.

Hemp Lotion

Comments about The Body Shop Hemp Hand Protector Lotion:

I received this hemp lotion from The Body Shop as a gift and have used it ever since. In the winter months I experience really dry skin and this lotion really helps combat my dry skin. I use this lotion on other parts of the body besides my hands and it works great. I like to slather the hemp lotion on my feet then spend the day in my socks and my feet turn super soft. I also experience dry patches on my elbows and this helps soften them.

Overall the scent of the hemp lotion is just okay. No frilly fruity scent. No flowery scent. This lotion smells like hemp, natural. The scent is a bit strong but does fade. If you are looking for a fruity, flowery, or perfumed lotion this lotion is not that. Just a true natural smell.

Absorption
This lotion absorbs well into the skin to hydrate the skin. There is no filmy residue left behind. The lotion absorbs almost instantly.

If you are looking for a lotion to hydrate the skin this lotion does that. The hemp oil really moisturizes the skin especially dry skin.

• Absorption:

Works good for extra dry hands.

Comments about The Body Shop Hemp Hand Protector Lotion:

This is the first hand cream I ever bought, from The body shop, and that too on sale. I bought this product based on the good reviews and the "Best seller" tag against it's name. I was satisfied with this product till the time I started using another lotion from TBS. Though, here I will talk about this product only.
It is quite thick cream, that would keep the hands well moisturized but also feels little greasy and slippery. It is best if used at bedtime, when no work has to be done. Though I read in many reviews, people do not like the smell, but honestly I had no complains. In my opinion, it has a very subtle fragrance that does not smell bad at all. You can always try the sample before buying the full product.
This lotion is excellent for someone with extra dry skin. The only con is it's packaging, it is really tough to squeeze out from the tube once it is about 2/3rd finish. This product is a good buy at BOGO or 50% off price.

• Absorption:

All time favorite hand lotion

Comments about The Body Shop Hemp Hand Protector Lotion:

This is the ultimate lotion for those with very dry hands. It's rich, thick, and long lasting- you get the moisturizing benefits without having to apply it every 10 minutes! It has a nice, herbal smell that may be a bit strong for some people, but it fades soon after application. I also like the high quality metal tube.

I like this one

Comments about The Body Shop Hemp Hand Protector Lotion:

This a good cream for winter or very dry skin

The scent is good and it doesn't hit you in the face like some smells and products can do

Absorption
It doesn't dry and absorb as fast as I would like it too, get's very greasy and sometimes feel like it's not gonna dry at all

Even tho it doesn't dry as fast as I'd like too, it is very effective and helps a lot.

• Absorption:

This saves my mailman husbands hands.

from Northwood, OH

Comments about The Body Shop Hemp Hand Protector Lotion:

This is the best product for people who work outside and use their hands. In the winter when my hands are very dry this is what saves them from cracking and bleeding. It also smells amazing if you like patchoulli. It is strong scented but mellows out and smells lovely. I can't say enough how great this is for men who work with their hands. It saves him from having painful hands in the winter.

I love patchoulli so this it a great one for me. It is strong but good. My husband loves the scent. It is manly enough for him to wear.

Absorption
It keeps my hands soft in the winter and keeps them from cracking and bleeding. It also keeps my mailman husbands hands soft as can be from working with paper and out in the elements. It also soothes them from cracks.

It is very good with weathered hands. It absorbs nicely and doesn't leave a very greasy feeling. It is a must for people who work outside especially in the cold and wind.

• Absorption:

Best hand lotion i have ever bought!

Comments about The Body Shop Hemp Hand Protector Lotion:

I bought this for the first time a couple of months ago after reading all the good reviews on thebodyshop.com. I love it! It makes my hands so soft and It feels so soothing to my dry hands. I love The Body Shop and this doesn't disappoint.

I like the scent, don't love it. It is not floral, which I prefer, and could be considered kinda medicinal, maybe. The scent doesn't linger overpoweringly, which is a good thing. Also, because it is not a floral scent, my husband likes to use it too.

Absorption
It absorbs on my hands nicely. It doesn't make my hands feel greasy or sticky at all.

It moisturizes my hands really well especially my very dry winter hands. It seems to hold up through multiple hand washing well also.

• Absorption:

The best product I've ever tried for extremely dry hads.

from Marietta, GA

Comments about The Body Shop Hemp Hand Protector Lotion:

This is one product I would not live without in the winter. Both my husband and I get small splits and cracks in the skin of our hands during the cold weather. This product both heals existing splits and prevents future ones. You need only a small amount for it to be effective, so one tube will last you a very long time (we are still using the tube we bought last winter).

This is the one part of the product I would change. The scent is a little strong and slightly unusual. I would love it if they would come out with an unscented version.

Absorption
It takes a few minutes for the lotion to absorb into your skin, but that does not bother me.

This is by far the best product for dealing with winter-dry hands.

Get ready to stink!

from Boston, MA

Perfectly natural

from Milwaukee, WI

Comments about The Body Shop Hemp Hand Protector Lotion:

This product will keep your hands hydrated the entire year. I keep my tube in the office because it seems it more there! It love the smell and how soft it leaves my hands. What I don't like is how greasy my hands are after using it. I like to be able to apply my hand lotion and go straight back to work. It is certainly a little piece of spa heaven though when you are having a tough day.