4.8

4.8

Pros

Cons

Coconut Body Butter (The Body Shop) helped heal my burns

I was burned with boiling water 2 years ago, suffering 2nd, 3rd, and 4th degree burns over a large part of my body and was told to use a moisturizing lotion on my skin (after a certain amount of healing had happened) to keep it from drying out, to help prevent scarring.I tried many different lotions, moisturizers, anything I could get my hands on.  The Coconut Body Butter from The Body Shop was the only thing I used that didn't cause me pain or extreme irritation.  It has helped my skin actually heal, has completely minimized my scarring, and I swear by it to this day.I suffer from dry skin anyway, so I use it all over after showering, and it keeps my skin soft all day long.

Great Moisturizer

I received this as a gift for Christmas. I think that th moisturizing aspects of this product are amazing. The body butter moisturizes like you would expect for a thick lotion. The product is really great for extremely dry areas like elbows, knees & feet. I like to put it on my feet & then put socks on right after to help soften once I have moved on to a new task. I also like that although the product does a great job moisturizing, it is not greasy like some products I have used in the past.

My only complaint regarding this product is the scent. I typically LOVE coconut scents. They remind me of suntan oil & being on the beach. I like the fruity smell. This product however has some type of strange "aftersmell" to me. It sort of smells like a plastic toy that your child might play with. It is just simply not my favorite mix of coconut scents. I would say that I still like the product & even the scent, it is just not my favorite.

natural stuff

from wanaque,nj

About Me Brand Buyer

Pros

• Absorbs Quickly
  • Not Greasy
  • Smells Great

Cons

• Bedtime

Comments about The Body Shop Coconut Body Butter:

my wife knows i love cocunut smell when she got that it is just amazing deep moisturization skin feel so soft & smells great body shop is just one of the best natural body creams with great long lasting smell

Not a fan of coconut scents, but this is an effective moisturize

Comments about The Body Shop Coconut Body Butter:

With my own personal preference, I have never been one to truly enjoy anything that contained coconut. Although it reminds me of islands and vacations, I tend to be drawn to floral or fruity scents. Deviating from the norm of the selection, I chose this product for the fact that I heard coconut oil might be beneficial for the skin. I do not know as to how this product is formulated, but it does work well on burns. After a particular kitchen accident, I was left with a red burn on my arm, which took a few months to fully lighten...thanks to this product. I loved how creamy the consistency is of these Body Shop Body Butters. When applied to the skin, it forms a protective layer that holds in moisture, protecting the skin from evaporating too much moisture. It is in this way that my burn slowly cleared up and disappeared. Hopefully the coconut oil also had something to do with it!

Comments about The Body Shop Coconut Body Butter:

What an amazing product. If you are not familiar with body butters then think of real butter that is a little softer, and has a heavenly scent. There are no words for how good this smells, like real, ripe coconut . This is very moisturizing and I highly recommend if you have any areas of dry skin. Depending on where you will use the butter you can use a little or be generous and spread it all over. I personally like to put it on my feet and then wear some soft socks, after a few hours your feet will be incredibly soft and silky and smell oh so good. It is also great for elbows, backs of the arms or after shaving your legs you can apply this for an intensive moisturizer. This is very rich and easy to apply, depending on the dryness of your skin it may be a little greasy going on, but it absorbs well and leaves the most fantastic scent that really lingers.

Wonderful, delicious tropical smell

Really nice, absorbs well

Great moisturizer

Nice body butter

Comments about The Body Shop Coconut Body Butter:

The Body Shop Coconut body butter is a really nice body butter, this body butter is super soft, it's not at all greasy like most body butters tend to be. It goes on very easily and blends into your skin very well. The wonderful feeling of soft skin lasts so long with this too. It's a wonderful moisturizer even for the driest of skin. Also, the scent is amazing! I love the wonderful scent of coconut in this, for me it completely reminds me of summer, not sure why but if you're one that really enjoys "summer like" smells, you'll love this for sure!

This body butter has an awesome scent of coconut I really love it, and the scent lasts a long time as well. The smell will linger on your body all day long! Also, like I said above, it reminds me of summer which I love!

Absorption
    This body butter absorbs into your skin so well, it's nothing like most body butters that take forever to blend into your skin and leaves you feeling so greasy.

Extremely effective, this body butter can make the driest of dry skin feel so incredibly soft and smooth. It's wonderful trust me!

dry skin relief

from Coronado, CA

Comments about The Body Shop Coconut Body Butter:

Coconut body butter from the body shop is a wonderful dry skin relief cream. It wraps your skin in a thick yet no heavy feeling butter that moisturizes and calms even the driest areas of the body. I've used this cream on and off for a year now and it is one of the best creams I've yet to come across. It instantly takes away that tight itchy dry skin feeling and doesn't feel greasy or leave behind a slick greasy residue. It absorbs quickly into hands feet and legs. It leaves my skin looking and feeling silky and bright.

This doesn't have a stand alone scent so if you like a strong scented cream this isn't the one. It does however allow you to wear your favorite perfume or body spray without clashing scents.

Absorption
    Absorbs quickly and with no residue... isn't greasy and you can feel your tight dry itchy skin become relieved within seconds of rubbing it in. It has a nice silky feeling and wraps your skin in moisture.

Great for dry winter skin or a nice summer shine

• Absorption:

I love this body butter!

Comments about The Body Shop Coconut Body Butter:

The Body Shop makes a wide range of environmentally friendly, effective bath and body products. One of my favorite products that they make is their Coconut Body Butter. This product is fantastic. First, the scent is delightful. I love the smell of coconut and this body butter has a lovely coconut scent. You can tell that it is a natural scent and does not smell artificial at all. Second, the texture of this body butter is thick and creamy. I initially thought that it would not absorb into my skin very well at all, but I was wrong. My dry elbows and knees soak this body butter right up and it absorbs beautifully. I love how the ingredients are all natural and environmentally friendly. I feel good about using this product on my skin. Overall, I cannot say enough good things about The Body Shop Coconut Body Butter. I highly recommend this product if you suffer from dry skin on your knees and elbows.

The scent is delightful!

Makes me smell yummy!

from Sneads Ferry, NC

Comments about The Body Shop Coconut Body Butter:

I absolutely love The Body Shop coconut body butter! I recently received it as a gift and have fallen in love with it!
    This is my first The Body Shop brand product that I have tried and I was really impressed that this lotion is all natural and made with fair trade ingredients. The price is also great for an all natural product.
    The scent of this lotion is amazing! It has a really nice coconut scent which I really love. Other coconut products I have tried smell a little tacky but this one is perfect, very beachy and tropical! It is also great because it doesn't set off my sons allergies which I always have to be careful with when choosing scented lotions.
    It absorbs very quickly and nicely into my skin and doesn't leave me feeling sticky or greasy. I have very dry skin as a result of my psoriasis and this body butter works great on moisturizing my skin without irritating it. I use this all over my body and it makes my skin feel as soft as cashmere!
    I would definitely recommend The Body Shop coconut body butter!

• Absorption:

My favorite body butter on the market!

Comments about The Body Shop Coconut Body Butter:

I honestly have nothing but great things to say about this product. I love absolutely everything about it. Especially this scent: the coconut is my favorite.

I like coconut, but I'm not crazy for the scent normally. I don't know what it is, but The Body Shop's coconut scent is out of this world amazing. It's not artificial smelling at all, which I find can be an issue with some coconut scents. This one is just sweet enough to be pleasant, but not sweet to the point where it's sickly. I think the scent is perfect.

Absorption
    This product absorbs beautifully into the skin. Within 10 minutes, I find that my skin is moisturized, but not greasy at all. With other body butters, I find they take far longer to absorb. I think the time it takes for this one to absorb is great.

Overall, I LOVE this body butter. The fast absorption time and yummy scent give this product high marks in my book. I find that I rarely have to moisturize more than once a week when I use this product, which is great for me because I'm lazy! :)

OIly Dream

from Bellingham, WA

Comments about The Body Shop Coconut Body Butter:

This coconut body butter feel superb.

The coconut is blended well with whatever they have in it to make a smell so deeply intoxicating I cannot stop smelling it sometimes. I open it when I have nothing better to do with my hands and hold it and inhale deeply to enjoy it.. but then again I do love the smell of cocunut. And pineapple.

Absorption
    It asorbs very nicely if you rub it in well.. if not it tends to leave my skin feeling greasy but nicely hyrdrating until it eventually dries in absorption and then that feels nice as well.

Its great. Its a nice to yourself body treat.

• Absorption:

The Body Shop Coconut Body Butter - luxurious and rich!

Comments about The Body Shop Coconut Body Butter:

The Body Shop Coconut Body Butter is very luxurious and rich! What I really like about it is that smells like REAL coconut. I have tried some other coconut balms, creams and lotions that smell so artificial. But this has a great rich, fresh scent.

This body butter absorbs thoroughly and does not leave my skin feeling greasy. I think the best word to describe how my skin feels after I use it is "nourished". It's great for my elbows, knees and feet. It feels great when I rub it in.

I live in California where we have very mild winters. But this year I spent 3 weeks in New Hampshire and New York. My skin got so rough and dry while I was there! But this Body Shop Cocoanut Body Butter was my salvation! At home, I only use it a few times a week. But while living on the east coast where it was so cold and dry, I used it several times per day! Not only did it nourish and moisturize my poor dried skin, the fantastic scent helped me forget that I was stuck in a blizzard!

I love this body balm! I rate it an overall 10!