Other Bath Soaps & Scrubs:

Cons

Effective And Yummy Smelling

from Hartford, CT

Comments about The Body Shop Cocoa Butter Body Scrub:

I a huge fan of The Body Shop's body butters and scrubs so I couldn't not buy this when I saw it.

I love the scent of this scrub. It smells so nicely of the Fair Trade cocoa butter that forms its base and is just simple and yummy and, frankly, irresistible. While I do use other scrubs this is one that I buy over and over again because I know that it is a consistently good product that performs exactly the same every time.

The scrub is not scratchy at all and gently exfoliates your skin to remove any dry patches and leaves your skin soft and silky.

The cocoa butter component builds upon the results from the exfoliation, providing moisture to the newly exposed skin. Your freshly hydrated skin will be the softest it has ever been.

Between the excellent, soft scent and the effective exfoliation and moisturizing I definitely recommend this. It has become a staple in my collection of bath products.

My favorite scrub so far.

Comments about The Body Shop Cocoa Butter Body Scrub:

I bought this scrub a month back and I am already in love with this product. It exfoliates really well. It is grainy yet creamy and smooth to use. It leaves my skin not only soft but shiny as well. I bought it on sale and will definitely be buying it again.
It's fragrance is just perfect, you won't end up smelling like cocoa. I feel like I am getting a spa treatment done when I use this product. You might not want to use the lotion after using this, since it will not dry out your skin unlike many others scrubs. If you want to pamper your skin, buy this product. You will not be disappointed. I recommend this product for all skin types. Try getting it on sale, and you will feel even better!
This is the best scrub I have used so far, and it has become a staple of my daily routine kit. Try using it 2-3 times a week for the best results. The best thing about this product is that it does not melt off in the shower.

Comments about The Body Shop Cocoa Butter Body Scrub:

When I was in college, my roommate always had this scrub in the shower. I noticed her skin was always super smooth and soft. She told me that was her favorite scrub and I remember her going out of her way to find a Body Shop to get more. She let me try it, and I was pretty impressed. The first thing I noticed is this is not a heavy scrub. It is very light and rinses clean. It is not a sugar scrub or a salt scrub that have oils and leave residue on your skin. It has a lot of little exfoliating beads in there that really leave your skin feeling smooth. The smell is not over-powering and does not smell like fake cocoa butter. It is nice and light and pleasant. It is fitting for both men and women. It can make a little bit of a mess as those cocoa bits flick all over your shower. I just give my tub and tile a quick rinse when I'm done and it's not a problem. I have never reacted allergically to this product but I have pretty resilient skin. I recommend trying a test area to make sure before you put it all over yourself. Depending on how often you use this scrub, a tub can go pretty quickly. It is moderately priced but worth it if you have dry itchy skin. You'll find that you still need to put on lotion after using this product as it is not terribly moisturizing. If you are looking for a nice scrub that smells light, rinses clean, and doesn't clog your pores or leave you greasy, this is absolutely worth a try.

This body scrub works so well!

Comments about The Body Shop Cocoa Butter Body Scrub:

I am pretty picky about body scrubs, I have a few favorite and it is difficult finding a body scrub that can compete with those. My mom gave me this scrub along with the body butter and I fell in love! First of all the smell is so lovely, it is very true to the cocoa butter name, and has great staying powering throughout the day. The texture is very nice, it is corse enough to do a good job of exfoliating and ridding dirt and dry skin, yet it is still very gentle and not too drying. I did not encounter any skin irritations while using this body scrub, I have sensitive skin and sometimes struggle finding a body scrub gentle enough for my skin. A little bit goes a long ways and I found this good sized tub lasts a really long time! I noticed such great results while using this, my skin was softer, more moisturized and overall so much smoother. I am only sad that I ran out and do not have a Body Shop nearby. I will be making an order online soon for this because it is such a great product. I highly recommend it!

I won't miss it much.

Comments about The Body Shop Cocoa Butter Body Scrub:

I try to exfoliate every time I shower so I tend to burn through a lot of body scrubs. I have to say I wasn't very impressed with this one. A lot like the body butter in the same scent, this scrub was just full of oil. I get that it's helps the moisturizing along but it's WAY to much oil for my body on a daily basis. it leaves a ring in my tub and a weird grey residue on my legs that I just don't care for very much. I'd say if you have this, only use it once in a great while when you're really in need of a lot of extra nourishment for your skin like after a sunburn.

It didn't seem to exfoliate my skin much. I see all the gritty stuff in there that's supposed to be exfoliating me, but for some reason it doesn't transfer to results on my body. It's a heavy duty moisturizer, not something you want to use for every day use.

I do like the cocoa butter smell of this scrub, but not enough to make me overlook the poor results it gave me.

Cocoa Butter Body Scrub

from Elk Grove Village, IL

Comments about The Body Shop Cocoa Butter Body Scrub:

The Cocoa Butter Body scrub smells very nice. It also it a great body wash. It leaves you skin moisturized and very soft with a hint of cocoa butter. Not only does it leave your skin soft it also leaves your skin shinny and clean. The grains in the product removes all that dead skin on your body so you can be shinny and new. After you step out of the shower you can also try the cocoa body butter which is phenomenal on dry skin. I have very dry skin and it does a great job replenishing the moisture that I loose on a daily basis. So, if you love feeling very soft, moisturized and clean. This product is the way to go. Tell all your friends and family if you want them to be soft as you. It is really a great product.

Divine Body Scrub

from Hollywood, FL

Comments about The Body Shop Cocoa Butter Body Scrub:

This body scrub is divine! The cocoa smell is so rich it literally feels like liquid luxury on my body. It exfoilates really well and leaves my skin super-touchably soft! I mean my significant other literally cant get his hands of me when I use this. I have even caught him using it too! So for all you guys out there dont be ashamed, theres a reason women look more beautiful, they take care of themselves. and you should too! This stuff has such a decadent cocoa smell it feels like I am putting raw chocolate on my body. This is a good thing though because chocolate is rich in antioxidants that help purge out bodys of free radicals. This stuff leaves my skin feeling like a million bucks and makes for a great nights sleep! The body shop is always consister in their products quality and this one is no different. I absolutely recommend this body scrub, the almond one is good too, though. This one is definetely my favorite because of the antioxidant factor and intoxicating smell. Get it! You won't regret it!

does this have little shavers in it?

from Stone Mountain, GA

Comments about The Body Shop Cocoa Butter Body Scrub:

at first i was reluctant to purchase this scrub because it had cocoa butter in the name and i didn't think i would like the smell.  to my pleasant surprise, this body shop scrub has a subtle, light fragrance that does not interfere with lotion, body butters or perfumes.  i actually bought it as a companion to the body shop's almond body butter and it is similar in fragrance.  using just your hands to apply, this sugar scrub sloughs off every sign of dead or dry skin.  besides the pleasant aroma, it is infused with natural oils and makes the body shine.  even better, if used after shaving one's legs, it's as if you've achieved a second, closer shave that leaves the skin as soft and clear and supple as a baby's.  i am sometimes allergic to ingredients in beauty and bath products and i am happy to say there have been no ill effects, just utter softness.  i can't wait until it's time to use this product again!