4.1

Cons

• Service:
    • In-Flight Accommodations:

Excellent service even for Economy passengers

Thai Airlines is an excellent airline with service that US airlines could only dream of matching. From the moment you get on board and see the bright purple uniforms, to the high-quality food served throughout the flight, there is no parallel with US long-haul flights. In addition, the movie selection is great and the English level ability of the flight attendants is superb. I highly recommend this airline for everybody.

Avoid Thai Airways from now on

I've read the reviews on this site about how great Thai Airways is.  Come on.  You're sitting in the First Class.  Of course, they'll treat you well.  But for those going by Economy class, avoid Thai Airways.  Avoid it even more so if you're traveling with infants or young children because priority boarding meant NOTHING.  Everyone rushed to the gate since there's no airline staff to check if you're really First Class/ Royal Thai Silk member, etc.  And you have to bring the stroller to the gate yourself and fold it yourself (while holding a baby and one kid running around).  Oh, and don't ever request an infant aisle if you're traveling with a baby because, again, it meant NOTHING.  At the airport, if the seats are already given to perfectly healthy (not disabled) adults, the staff is not going to help you get one.  "you're on your own."  And so, a guy sitting in front of me leaned his chair back and almost hit my baby's head.  And don't expect anything about the air conditioning on the flight and the food...(think cardboard).  So, please avoid it.  Safety is not their priority.  I have a bagpack with me during both take off and landing and some of the seats in front are leaned back during those times too.  Thai Airways is not what it used to be.

The best EVER

from Murphy, NC

Comments about Thai Airways:

Once you fly on Thai air, you will never want to fly on another airline. First of all, the service is outstanding. The attendants bring you anything you ask for. That includes all the FREE alcohol you want. I am talking about everyone, not only first class! Next, the food is good! and the portions are decent. Anyway, if you want another meal, just ask for one and you will receive it. I have been flying on Thai Air for 4-years now. I love it! The flights are always smooth and delightful. Also, everything is included with the flight. I never have to pay for baggage, drinks, or food.

Thai Airways treats everyone like royalty!

from Chester, CT

Comments about Thai Airways:

Thai Airways are a fantastic airline that put their customers first. Their food is fantastic, their stewards and stewardess' are professional and friendly and the planes are clean and well kept. A very nice airline.

Good service, but facilities are a little old

from chicago, IL

Comments about Thai Airways:

I recently went on a leisure vacation trip to South Korea and then to Hong Kong. Although I flew Asiana on the front and back flights, the Korea to Hong Kong leg was flown on Thai airlines. I suppose it was a rough comparison having flown Asiana which is a newer airline with more lux amenities in business class, and then going to Thai in business class. The service was excellent, but the facilities and craft seemed a bit old. It wasn't as spacious as Asiana was and instead of a large enclosed screen to each person, in Thai, there were tiny pull out TV screens which had bad resolution and couldn't be played on demand. Now again, I only state this after flying on the Asiana business class, butoverall it was seem a pleasant flight.

Never stop traveling with Thai Airways

from Granger, IA

Comments about Thai Airways:

thai airways is the only way to travel.  They are extremely helpful from the time of checking in to the time of leaving the airport.  Never once did I feel abandoned or wandering what or where i had to be at any time.  I will continue to fly with Thai airlways and would suggests everyone else that has travel plans to that area to do the same.

A Comfortable and Pleasurable Experience

from Goshen, KY

Comments about Thai Airways:

Wow! This not-too-expensive airline is definitely worth it! They take care of everything smoothly and the flight attendents are incredibly helpful! At select airports, they even provide a complimentary coffee while waiting for boarding. This is an excellent airline which provides a truly comfortable and enjoyable flight. I reccomend it to all.

Excellent service even for Economy passengers

from Trenton, NJ

Comments about Thai Airways:

Awesome service and spacious!

from Lexington, KY

Comments about Thai Airways:

I have flown with Thai Air several times and each time it has been fabulous. I always choose to fly with them even if they are more expensive than other airlines. They have great food, and a lot of it....be prepared for a minimum of 5 to 6 meals on your trans-pacific flight. Stewardess's uniforms are always colorful and very beautiful.

A little confusing for the First Class Traveller

from Beverly Hills, CA

Comments about Thai Airways:

I could not fault the service of Thai staff. They are ever willing to please and this is reflected in their First Loung in Bankok where pre flight massages and a staff ratio of 3 to 1 is typical.

They served all First class iconic wines and foods however I am a little perplexed by the serving Caviar after a main course of a Thai style curry??! and I suspect the choice of Dom Perignon for the flight had more to do with what was available than any thought process.

The only Pyjamas that I was offerred were too big and a pastel mint colour which was hardly comfortbale for a middle aged man.....especially when you sit in a purple coloured cabin.

The main concern was that despite having seat 1A the seat wazs not a fully reclining bed and I have experienced better in Business with other airlines.

Perhaps the plane I was on was an old plane called in at last minute because it couldn't have been one of their flag ship ones.

The staff could not be criticisesd, much like the general demeanour of the beautiful Thai population outside of Bankok.

Fabulous food and lots of it on long flights

from Denver, CO

Comments about Thai Airways:

Thai Airways made the almost 20 hour flight from LA to Kathmandu, Nepal as comfortable as possible.  The beautiful fabric on the plane's seats and the colorful, "uniforms" worn by the gorgeous flight attendants put passengers in a Thai state of mind as soon as they step on the plane.

Passengers are given a choice of 2 Thai meals and everything was delicious.  Meals were served on china with real silverware, even in coach.  My request for vegetarian meals was somehow lost but the flight attendants helpfully gave me extra portions of non-meat items from extra meal.  Complementary wine and after dinner liquor was part of the ticket price.

Personal video screens with choices of about 35 different movies made viewing easy.  Music selections were plentiful too.  This helps pass the long hours pleasantly.

All segements of our flight left on time and arrived on time.  All baggage was safely at our destination.

It was a pleasure to fly Thai and I would do it again in a heartbeat.