1.4
Products
TextbookRush.com (formerly TextbooksRUs.com)

TextbookRush.com (formerly TextbooksRUs.com)

1.4

Everything went without a hitch, very pleased!

I sold 3 of my textbooks back to textbooksrus, and am extremely happy with the experience.  The whole process after I mailed them out only took around 4 days.  The price they quoted me was the money I got, EXACTLY.  I had no problems with them, and will definitely use them in the future.

Avoid doing business with Textbookrus

My wife ordered a college textbook from TextBooksRus.Com on 10/3/2008. When we hadn't received the book by 10/15, we started calling and emailing to find out what was going on. The US Postal Service was no help because, apparently, USPS tracking/label numbers are of zero value in actually tracking packages, even those shipped priority, as this one was. So we went to the merchant from which we'd placed the order (TextBooksRus.Com), and their vendor which had actually processed the transaction (CornerBookStores.Com, apparently also known as whereismybook.com and/or textbookconnect.com). Neither TextbooksRus, nor CornerBookStores responded to our repeated calls for help over the period of about 10 days. In other words, they ignored us. My wife is now through her second week of classes and still has no textbook. We've had to order the book thru a reliable bookseller (Barnes and Noble). At bottom is this little piece of advice: avoid doing business with TextbooksRus, CornerBookStores, whereismybook.com and textbookconnect.com because, if they screw up your order, they probably won't make any effort to fix your problem. My next call is to my credit card issuer - to dispute the transaction.

Don't get textbooks from here!

from Layton, UT

Comments about TextbookRush.com (formerly TextbooksRUs.com):

I rented a textbook for college here and the first day everything went smoothly. They said they had the book in stock, they took the money off my prepaid debit card and everything. The next day, I receive an email from them saying "we're sorry, but your order was cancelled due to the book being out of stock". They then told me that I would get my refund in 3-5 business days. Two weeks pass and I contact them again, this time they tell me to call my financial institution. I do, and my financial institution tells me they never got it. I contact textbook rush again. Then, they send me a message saying "we're sorry, but we can't handle your case...contact your financial institution". That's the last I heard from them. DON'T GET TEXTBOOKS HERE!

DONT BUY OR SELL YOUR BOOKS TO THEM

from NEW yORK

Comments about TextbookRush.com (formerly TextbooksRUs.com):

I sold two books to textbook rush. One was worth $35 and the other was almost $4. They received my books and gave me just $8 instead of $35. Their customer service did nothing about the issue and I would highly recommend that those that use bookscouter pay attention to the reviews and the stars given because these reviews are true! Especially textbookrush, they have repeated offense for horrible experiences.

• I am an employee or otherwise affiliated with the brand

TextbookRush is a SCAM!

from Columbus Ohio

Comments about TextbookRush.com (formerly TextbooksRUs.com):

This site is a scam! Do not buy or sell with them! I have sold new and undamaged textbooks for buyback and they always claim without providing an explanation that they won't buy. I sell my books to many other sites without problem. Horrible customer service!

• I am an employee or otherwise affiliated with the brand

Avoid Text Book Rush and you will avoid some misery

from Charlotte, NC

Comments about TextbookRush.com (formerly TextbooksRUs.com):

Worst customer service EVER!! The order was lost in the mail. Not their fault not our fault. However how a company handles unexpected situations can make or break the customer experience. TextBookRush chose option B: The customer experience is not the most important thing. USPS confirmed that they believe there is a problem with the order. TextBookRush.com wanted us to wait 30 days before they would do anything about it. Already failing quizzes due to lack of books! Had to buy books outright from the school just to be able to participate in the class. So not only did I have to pay to rent books that I still don't have but I also got to buy them anyways!! Sound like something you want to do? Absolute waste of my time and money. I suggest to anyone that needs to rent books to avoid textbookrush.com at all costs. Very poor customer service. What text book rush SHOULD have done was said "We agree that this is unacceptable. We will overnight you two replacement books and iron out the details on the first order later". Instead they effectively said "sorry about your luck...good luck in your classes without the books that you rented...we just don't care". What they can do to improve is find the person who came up with this customer service policy and fire them. Then put in a policy that puts the customer service experience first. Customer satisfaction should be your number one priority. No customers...no business. I see now why they don't offer phone support. That should have been my first clue. AVOID THEM and maybe you will save yourself some peace of mind.

Bad practices

from NE

Comments about TextbookRush.com (formerly TextbooksRUs.com):

Charged my credit card unfairly due to damage that was already there when I received the book! Wouldn't even return the book to me, said they had to recycle it because it was unusable! I was able to use it just fine for my class. Have rented from many companies and never had a problem, won't use them again.

HORRIBLE!

from Chicago, IL

Comments about TextbookRush.com (formerly TextbooksRUs.com):

If I could give 0 stars I would without even thinking for this company! For the past 4 years I have rented my textbooks and never had a problem, and for the first time this year I rented a textbook from TextbookRush because they were the cheapest... BIGGEST MISTAKE EVER! I ended up dropping a class but since I rented 2 books I just kept the one I didn't use in the original box and packaging until they were both due. When I went to return them they said that they received one back with "water damage" which would cost me $125!! This book was never even opened or taken out of the box all semester but somehow if it happened while shipping this is my fault! BIGGEST MISTAKE OF MY LIFE RENTING FROM THEM! Clearly they were the cheapest on the books because they like to make people pay at the end!

Horrible business practice

Comments about TextbookRush.com (formerly TextbooksRUs.com):

I rented an A&P text book from ValoreBooks. I was sent the incorrect textbook by TextbookRush. I reached out to Valore books and voiced my concern that I needed to return the incorrect textbook. Valore books gave me directions on how to return it, and I followed those directions. I had to pay $13.40 out of my own pocket to return the incorrect textbook that was sent. Keep in mind that the money I was using, was coming from the GI Bill (I'm a disabled combat veteran). TextbookRush then stated that they were not going to refund shipping (that I paid for out of pocket), and were only going refund the purchase price. After multiple emails back and forth, they stood by their decision to NOT refund the shipping that I paid for. I then wrote a review (Jan 30, 2015) on facebook, alerting my veteran friends to not do business with TextbookRush, referencing their regard towards veterans, and willingness to take advantage of [disabled] Soldiers. The next morning, the review was deleted. It's a shame that a company will be so stubborn, and force others to pay for their wrong-doings. Continuing, it's incredibly disheartening that a company will have total disregard and complacency towards soldiers/veterans, including those that are using the GI BIll who will be forced to miss out on opportunities of which they are entitled, because of that organization's business practice. VETERANS- DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY!

Don't do it!

Comments about TextbookRush.com (formerly TextbooksRUs.com):

If I could rate textbookrush a 0 I would. Ordered a book, never received it. I've been waiting for it in the mail (weeks after my class started) and ended up highly disappointed. Might I add, the book was ordered before the semester began. I was forced to buy the individual chapters as I waited "for my book to come in". Turns out I was waiting for nothing!

Just don't do it. Spend more money on the textbook in exchange for 1.the actual textbook! 2. a reliable and trustworthy company 3. no hassle 4. I could go on an on...

Sincerely,
- Highly Dissapointed

Wouldn't take back my internation version

from Billings, MT

Comments about TextbookRush.com (formerly TextbooksRUs.com):

I bought the book from them last year and on the back was a sticker stating that the international version is legal and that they will buy it back. I sent it in and now they tell me that they won't buy back the international version AND that it was damaged (NOT!) At least with Amazon when they don't take a book, they send it back to you. I just can't deal with this company anymore.

TextbookRush

Comments about TextbookRush.com (formerly TextbooksRUs.com):

I sold my expensive textbook to this website, and they claimed it had water damage and they don't send books back. I'm out all that money. I've sold a lot of books to different websites, and I've never had a problem like this before. Save yourself grief and just sell to a different website.

EDIT:
After posting a review on BBB, I received an email from TextbookRush saying that if I had called them, I would have found that they were sending my book back. So they actually didn't steal my book. I wish they would have told me that earlier though.