1.5
Products
TextbookRush.com (formerly TextbooksRUs.com)

TextbookRush.com (formerly TextbooksRUs.com)

1.5

Everything went without a hitch, very pleased!

I sold 3 of my textbooks back to textbooksrus, and am extremely happy with the experience.  The whole process after I mailed them out only took around 4 days.  The price they quoted me was the money I got, EXACTLY.  I had no problems with them, and will definitely use them in the future.

Avoid doing business with Textbookrus

My wife ordered a college textbook from TextBooksRus.Com on 10/3/2008. When we hadn't received the book by 10/15, we started calling and emailing to find out what was going on. The US Postal Service was no help because, apparently, USPS tracking/label numbers are of zero value in actually tracking packages, even those shipped priority, as this one was. So we went to the merchant from which we'd placed the order (TextBooksRus.Com), and their vendor which had actually processed the transaction (CornerBookStores.Com, apparently also known as whereismybook.com and/or textbookconnect.com). Neither TextbooksRus, nor CornerBookStores responded to our repeated calls for help over the period of about 10 days. In other words, they ignored us. My wife is now through her second week of classes and still has no textbook. We've had to order the book thru a reliable bookseller (Barnes and Noble). At bottom is this little piece of advice: avoid doing business with TextbooksRus, CornerBookStores, whereismybook.com and textbookconnect.com because, if they screw up your order, they probably won't make any effort to fix your problem. My next call is to my credit card issuer - to dispute the transaction.

Avoid Text Book Rush and you will avoid some misery

from Charlotte, NC

Comments about TextbookRush.com (formerly TextbooksRUs.com):

Worst customer service EVER!! The order was lost in the mail. Not their fault not our fault. However how a company handles unexpected situations can make or break the customer experience. TextBookRush chose option B: The customer experience is not the most important thing. USPS confirmed that they believe there is a problem with the order. TextBookRush.com wanted us to wait 30 days before they would do anything about it. Already failing quizzes due to lack of books! Had to buy books outright from the school just to be able to participate in the class. So not only did I have to pay to rent books that I still don't have but I also got to buy them anyways!! Sound like something you want to do? Absolute waste of my time and money. I suggest to anyone that needs to rent books to avoid textbookrush.com at all costs. Very poor customer service. What text book rush SHOULD have done was said "We agree that this is unacceptable. We will overnight you two replacement books and iron out the details on the first order later". Instead they effectively said "sorry about your luck...good luck in your classes without the books that you rented...we just don't care". What they can do to improve is find the person who came up with this customer service policy and fire them. Then put in a policy that puts the customer service experience first. Customer satisfaction should be your number one priority. No customers...no business. I see now why they don't offer phone support. That should have been my first clue. AVOID THEM and maybe you will save yourself some peace of mind.

Bad practices

from NE

Comments about TextbookRush.com (formerly TextbooksRUs.com):

Charged my credit card unfairly due to damage that was already there when I received the book! Wouldn't even return the book to me, said they had to recycle it because it was unusable! I was able to use it just fine for my class. Have rented from many companies and never had a problem, won't use them again.

HORRIBLE!

from Chicago, IL

Comments about TextbookRush.com (formerly TextbooksRUs.com):

If I could give 0 stars I would without even thinking for this company! For the past 4 years I have rented my textbooks and never had a problem, and for the first time this year I rented a textbook from TextbookRush because they were the cheapest... BIGGEST MISTAKE EVER! I ended up dropping a class but since I rented 2 books I just kept the one I didn't use in the original box and packaging until they were both due. When I went to return them they said that they received one back with "water damage" which would cost me $125!! This book was never even opened or taken out of the box all semester but somehow if it happened while shipping this is my fault! BIGGEST MISTAKE OF MY LIFE RENTING FROM THEM! Clearly they were the cheapest on the books because they like to make people pay at the end!

Horrible business practice

Comments about TextbookRush.com (formerly TextbooksRUs.com):

I rented an A&P text book from ValoreBooks. I was sent the incorrect textbook by TextbookRush. I reached out to Valore books and voiced my concern that I needed to return the incorrect textbook. Valore books gave me directions on how to return it, and I followed those directions. I had to pay $13.40 out of my own pocket to return the incorrect textbook that was sent. Keep in mind that the money I was using, was coming from the GI Bill (I'm a disabled combat veteran). TextbookRush then stated that they were not going to refund shipping (that I paid for out of pocket), and were only going refund the purchase price. After multiple emails back and forth, they stood by their decision to NOT refund the shipping that I paid for. I then wrote a review (Jan 30, 2015) on facebook, alerting my veteran friends to not do business with TextbookRush, referencing their regard towards veterans, and willingness to take advantage of [disabled] Soldiers. The next morning, the review was deleted. It's a shame that a company will be so stubborn, and force others to pay for their wrong-doings. Continuing, it's incredibly disheartening that a company will have total disregard and complacency towards soldiers/veterans, including those that are using the GI BIll who will be forced to miss out on opportunities of which they are entitled, because of that organization's business practice. VETERANS- DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY!

Don't do it!

Comments about TextbookRush.com (formerly TextbooksRUs.com):

If I could rate textbookrush a 0 I would. Ordered a book, never received it. I've been waiting for it in the mail (weeks after my class started) and ended up highly disappointed. Might I add, the book was ordered before the semester began. I was forced to buy the individual chapters as I waited "for my book to come in". Turns out I was waiting for nothing!

Just don't do it. Spend more money on the textbook in exchange for 1.the actual textbook! 2. a reliable and trustworthy company 3. no hassle 4. I could go on an on...

Sincerely,
- Highly Dissapointed

Wouldn't take back my internation version

from Billings, MT

Comments about TextbookRush.com (formerly TextbooksRUs.com):

I bought the book from them last year and on the back was a sticker stating that the international version is legal and that they will buy it back. I sent it in and now they tell me that they won't buy back the international version AND that it was damaged (NOT!) At least with Amazon when they don't take a book, they send it back to you. I just can't deal with this company anymore.

TextbookRush

Comments about TextbookRush.com (formerly TextbooksRUs.com):

I sold my expensive textbook to this website, and they claimed it had water damage and they don't send books back. I'm out all that money. I've sold a lot of books to different websites, and I've never had a problem like this before. Save yourself grief and just sell to a different website.

EDIT:
After posting a review on BBB, I received an email from TextbookRush saying that if I had called them, I would have found that they were sending my book back. So they actually didn't steal my book. I wish they would have told me that earlier though.

Stay Away!!!

Comments about TextbookRush.com (formerly TextbooksRUs.com):

I mailed back 4 large textbooks. Of course my biggest money maker of all four books was "unaccepted" because of stains. NO WAY! It did have some (VERY minimal) highlighting but NO stains. I wish I had read more reviews prior to using this company. I will NEVER use this company again! Stay Away!!!

WORST COMPANY EVER!! DO NOT SELL YOUR BOOKS TO THEM

Comments about TextbookRush.com (formerly TextbooksRUs.com):

I sent in my book for buyback it was perfectly fine. Textbookrus claims that my book was water damaged. They now refuse to send me the book back because they say in the agreement that if the book can't be bought they can't sent it back. They supposedly say that it is sent to recycling when in fact they use it to sell it to another person. They are ripping college students they stay with the book, money and then sell the same book to another college student.

stay away from this company

Comments about TextbookRush.com (formerly TextbooksRUs.com):

"DO NOT RENT FROM THEM. I RETURNED MY BOOKS IN DECEMBER OF 2011 AND THEY CHARGED MY CARD IN JUNE OF 2012 CLAIMING THEY NEVER RECEIVED THE BOOKS. SUCH A CORRUPT COMPANY! BUNCH OF THIEVES...I'M REPORTING THEM TO FTC AND IF THE SAME THING HAS HAPPENED TO YOU, YOU TOO SHOULD REPORT THEM . THESE COMPANIES STEAL PEOPLE'S MONEY AND THEY GET AWAY WITH IT BECAUSE "YOU HAVE AGREED TO THEIR TERMS AND CONDITIONS"I RETURNED MY BOOKS LIKE I WAS SUPPOSE TO BUT THEY'RE CLAIMING THEY NEVER GOT IT....AND I CANT PROVE THAT I DID BECAUSE I DIDN'T KEEP THE STUPID RECEIPT AND THEY HAVE DONE SOMETHING ON THEIR WEBSITE WHERE I CANT SEE THE LABEL I PRINTED TO RETURN THE BOOKS.WHO KEEPS A SHIPMENT RECEIPT FOR A 6 MONTHS? AND THE MESSED UP THING IS THAT SINCE I DONT HAVE A WAY OF PROVING THAT I SENT THE BOOKS MY CC COMPANY WONT GIVE ME MY MONEY BACK EVEN THOUGH I NEVER AUTHORIZED TEXTBOOKSRUS TO TAKE MONEY OUT OF MY ACCOUNT. I NEVER WRITE REVIEWS BUT I HATE FOR SOMEONE ELSE TO GO THROUGH THE SAME THING AS ME. RENT FROM A HONEST COMPANY. THEY CHARGED ME 180 FOR A BOOK THATS NOT EVEN WORTH 30 BUCKS AND 90 FOR A BOOK THATS WORTH NOT EVEN 10 ON AMAZON. "