Other Calculators:
Texas Instruments
Texas Instruments TI 30XIIS Scientific Calculator

Texas Instruments TI 30XIIS Scientific Calculator

The TI 30XIIS is the bomb!

from West Jordan, UT

Comments about Texas Instruments TI 30XIIS Scientific Calculator:

This calculator has saved me many times! I love this calculator because it is so compact, but it really gets the job done.

A few years ago, I had to take a big examination to become a licensed engineer. When it was time to take the test, this little calculator was what I was allowed to use . Graphing calculators were not allowed on the test. Up to this point, I have relied heavily on graphing calculators, so I was somewhat skeptical. Luckily, my wife had this calculator on hand and I can't believe how great it was!

I love that it is similar to a graphing calculator in that you can type a whole equation in and see it. Along with that, I love that you can scroll up and look at previous equations. It makes math very convenient. I would highly recommend this calculator.

Scientific Calculator is simple, yet powerful

from West Lafayette, IN

Comments about Texas Instruments TI 30XIIS Scientific Calculator:

I have owned this calculator for approximately 4 years, and even though most of my engineering student counterparts are using graphical display Texas Instrument calculators, I find that the 2 line display of this scientific has worked perfectly for me. The buttons are logically arrayed such that computations are quick and simple. The memory function works well for long and tedious calculations that require many steps and numbers. I hardly ever need to write down numbers when doing such calculations. The case slides on and off well and provides protection for the screen. Between the existing batteries and the solar panel I have never needed to worry about power. It seems to have a curve that fits well into the hand and is thin and light enough to be carried in a pocket. It has every function I have ever needed, even with complex engineering calculations. From the math and science student to the house mom who needs to calculate her bills, this calculator is ideal for every situation.

Basic Scientific calculator that works well for computation

from Gilbert, IA

Comments about Texas Instruments TI 30XIIS Scientific Calculator:

This calculator works well for basic computations. Also has the ability to compute trigonometric values of sine, cosine and tangent. Also has a fraction button that assists students who struggle with doing basic operations with fractions.

This is a blue collar type calculator. Nothing fancy, but it gets the job done.

Good Calculator for Most

from Howell, NJ

Comments about Texas Instruments TI 30XIIS Scientific Calculator:

Having used both Texas Intruments and Casio scientific calculators, this calculator is practically my very first one as a studentand it is very good! It has a decent amount of functions, and even has a 2nd key to allow for more functions. However, in my belief, this scientific calculator does not have as many features as its competitors have. It is very serviceable for algebra classes, and potentially calculus as well (if you're in calculus, the tricky parts of it is the algebra involved, not the calculus itself). Allowed on the FE/EIT exams for engineers, as well as the standard SATs and what have you, this calculator has a very familiar feel and look to it for most children as teachers advocate the Texas Instruments calculator line of models. In my opinion, it should have a faster cursor. Display is small, allowing only one line to be seen; thus there is no "pretty print" feature available. In essence, it is a serviceable calculator, doing most mathematics that anyone really needs, but there are better options. The TI-multiview is just like this calculator but its larger display and pretty-print makes it better. I'd reccommend that model over this one. But in the end, if you are buying this for your children, ask the teacher what they use since its best for kids to have the same edition as their teachers. Learning with the same calculator helps greatly for children.

Extremeley durable

from San Francisco, CA

Comments about Texas Instruments TI 30XIIS Scientific Calculator:

This calculator has everything you need for basic everyday math. It's extremely durable and reliable. I've used it for years and have dropped it repeatedly and it still looks like new other than a few scratches. There is no need to worry about it running out of batteries or not being able to use in the dark since the calculator is both solar powered and battery powered. It has a nice compact design and fits in slightly larger pockets on jackets or a small pocket in your backpack. The buttons are just the right size and easy to press. They aren't too small where you fingers end up pressing two buttons. I am completely satisfied with this purchase and the only thing that even looks close to failing are the two long tabs on the case where you slide your calculator on. The edges seems to be turning white and breaking but if used carefully should last me a few more years. A backlit screen also would of been nice to be able to see in the dark but would use a lot more batteries.

Great calculator at a good price but has one critical problem

from Fresh Meadows, NY

Comments about Texas Instruments TI 30XIIS Scientific Calculator:

This calculator is able to calculate basic functions, trignometry, fractions, probability, and statistics. However, it cannot graph and is unprogrammable. There are 2 lines which really helps when checking work and the arrow buttons allow you to edit and view previous inputs, It works really well and I am currently using it for courses like Optics where there is alot of math. What I dislike about this calculator is the fact that when you enter numbers fast with two hands, especially under test conditions, it tends to not register all of the numbers entered because it takes time to finish processing the first input before freeing itself to recognize the second input. As a result, I have to constantly check my numbers and make sure I don't rush to type in the numbers. This can be costly when there is a lack of time.

Battery life is great as I seriously am starting to think this calculator is solared powered. I never had to replace any batteries and don't even know how to. I also like how it can memorize and recall stored numbers.