Other Mattresses:
Tempur-Pedic
Tempur-Pedic TEMPUR-Rhapsody Mattress

Tempur-Pedic TEMPUR-Rhapsody Mattress

• Firmness:

Solution to the rock hard Rhapsody. Things you should know!

So when we tried this in the store it was soft and we loved it, when we got it home it was as hard as a rock. I was heartbroken 4k later I can’t sleep on this? I love a cold room and that was making this bed was like sleeping on a sidewalk.

Luckily I found an article that totally saved the day. Now I love this bed it is softer and more comfortable than the one in the store. http://www.memoryfoambedbuyersguide.com/tempur-pedic.html

1. Walk on the bed. I know it sounds weird but like a month of breaking in all at once. The mattress store guy told me this one, and it helps.

2. Take the Tempurpedic cover off, sleep right on the foam. Zip off the tan cover. This made the biggest difference, instantly it felt like the one in the store. This also makes a difference for the people who slept hot.

3. Before you go to bed turn on a heating blanket, put a comforter on top. We put it on medium. It will be soft when you get in no matter how cold you keep the room.

4. Just accept that it takes a while to break in. I read this article after 2 sleepless nights and horrible back pain in the mornings. Doing these tips fast tracked the process and made it so I could sleep without the pain, but it was still an adjustment.

Hope these tips help, for me they made a night and day difference I really hope this helps someone else.

I liked it new, but it gets way too soft after a short time.

I've had the Rhapsody bed for a little over a year and it's gotten way too soft it's lost it's ability to support my back well.  I feel like I'm sleeping on a feather bed surrounded by hard material. I have several other tempurpedic classic nine inch beds in other rooms of my house and that mattress has been a gem to sleep on and doesn't seem to loose it's support and loosen up like this one does.  I really am disappointed with this mattress. My back hurts every morning when I wake up and I'm waking up several times during the night trying to move to a place in the middle of my king size bed that hasn't softened yet.

For a quality sleeper.

from Texas,CAL

About Me Midrange Shopper

Pros

• Comfortable
  • Good Support
  • Holds Shape
  • Soft Feel
  • Sturdy

• Primary Bed

Comments about Tempur-Pedic TEMPUR-Rhapsody Mattress:

definitely worth my money. very comfy for a quality sleeper like me, that cant sleep easily sometimes, but straight fell asleep while on this bed.

Hot, hot, hot

from Toledo, oh

About Me Midrange Shopper

Pros

• Sturdy

• Primary Bed

Comments about Tempur-Pedic TEMPUR-Rhapsody Mattress:

I replaced my older pillow top as both of our shoulders and hips were starting to ache. Got what I considered a good deal on this Tempurpedic and the motorized base. Got to admit aches and pains were relieved completely, but neither of us have slept thru the nite since. We go for our nightly 'cooling stroll' year round. Tried a couple cooling mattress pads (waste of $). We wanted to love it and spent 15 months trying. Bought an inexpensive innerspring from Costco 10 days ago- no aches- no cooling strolls.

Love this mattress!

from lakeland, florida

Comments about Tempur-Pedic TEMPUR-Rhapsody Mattress:

Although this mattress was expensive, it was worth every penny! My husband and I just recently purchased a mattress for our bedroom, but we decided to give it to my sister and buy this one when it was offered for a great price! It is amazing. I have some pretty awful back problems and I, immediately, noticed a difference in my back troubles after I started using this mattress, which really made me happy. I have noticed that I use much less ibuprofen after sleeping on this mattress. The support is great and I do not toss or turn as much at night. I wake up much less when sleeping on this mattress. I like that that this mattress does not transfer motion, so when my husband gets up for work early, he does not wake me up. This one is also bigger than the one we gave my sister, so there is more room for the two of us, which is great! It was definitely worth the money we paid for it and I would pay it again, since it is such a great mattress.

Snore

from Quincy, WA

Comments about Tempur-Pedic TEMPUR-Rhapsody Mattress:

This has been the best mattress we have owned. This is based on the comparison to Bassett and Sealy. The Tempur-Pedic seems to wrap around you and hold you while you sleep. It doesn't matter if you are a side sleeper or back sleeper. My back pain, from which I suffered every day, was almost gone the first morning. Several years later, I still sleep well and have little, if any, back pain.

We purchased the bed on 2009 and have had no regrets. I have not noticed any breakdowns, softening of the edges or depressions. It sleeps just as good today as day one.

I would recommend the pillows made by Tempur Pedic though. We purchased them when we bought our bed and since purchased aftermarket pillows. They don't even compare to those of Tempur Pedic.

Love my bed!

Comments about Tempur-Pedic TEMPUR-Rhapsody Mattress:

I have had chronic back pain for over 20 years. It is from nerve damage, so no amount of medication has been able to help. I just recently had nerve ablation done in an effort to combat the pain. I have an adjustable tempurpedic bed, and I am very happy with it. One must kind of break these mattresses in when first getting them, as they are pretty hard. I was ready to send mine back the first week, but boy am I glad I didn't. Once you get them "broke in", they are just the best, and I have had all types of mattresses. Water, sleep number, firm support. I was sleeping in a recliner, when I received this mattress as a gift from a family member. I hope that I never have to go back to any other kind of mattress. Thank you.

Contours to your body.

Very durable, and I have taken the cover off of mine and washed it and had no problems with it. One will need some help in getting the cover off and on, as it has to go under and on top of the mattress, and then you zip it back up.

Fantastic Bed!

Comments about Tempur-Pedic TEMPUR-Rhapsody Mattress:

I've had this bed for 6 years and it still looks as good as the day I got it. There is no sagging or obvious wear at all. I have found complaints that the bed is hot to be unfounded; I use sheets and blankets every night and sleep very comfortably. When the bed first arrived, it was wrapped in plastic, and it did have an odor to it. It took about three days for the the odor to dissipate, and has not been an issue since. The bed provides excellent support. I had become accustomed to my old bed...sagging in the middle with little in the way of support. It took a few days for my body to adjust to having the support that this bed provides. I did feel as if I was sleeping with my hips elevated for the first few days, until my body became accustomed to, and then grateful for, the support. Due to it's nature, the mattress is very firm...this is not a mattress that has any "bounce." If you are sleeping with someone, you will not disturb them by turning over or getting in and out of bed. There is no "ripple effect" across the mattress. You really could place a glass of wine on one side of the bed and get on and off the bed on the other side without disturbing the wine glass at all. It is very easy to find sheets to fit this mattress. I used to have to use "sheet suspenders" to hold the sheets on my old mattress, but thankfully do not need them with the Rhapsody. This bed is comfortable, durable, and I highly recommend it.

We love it!

from Melbourne, FL

Comments about Tempur-Pedic TEMPUR-Rhapsody Mattress:

My husband and I researched this bed for several months before we finally bought it. He had a double discectomy five years ago and the mattress we had was only a few years old, but he couldn't sleep on it. My in-laws have a TempurPedic and my husband tested it out and loved it. I don't know what model it is. They offered to buy us one, which was so generous, but when they arrived at our house, they had bought a different brand memory foam mattress. We slept on it for three months and then my husband couldn't stand it anymore. We decided that we would have to spend the money on a TempurPedic. We saved until we had enough and every week for several months, we would go to the store and he would lay on each of the different models. We narrowed it down to two. In the end, we went with the firmer of the two. It has now been three months and we love the bed. We did go with the ergo for him to be able to elevate his feet when needed, but I love it because I can sit up in bed and watch TV. I would suggest that you try them all out and lay there for about twenty minutes to get a more true feel. It has been worth every penny so far and I don't regret the decision to spend that much money on a bed. There are two issues that we have that I will mention. One is that it does hold heat and the second, which I need to call about, is that my husband can hear a faint noise from the ergo frame, which annoys him. I can't hear it, so I forget to call. Other than that, I have nothing negative to say about the bed. Almost forgot... I am a side sleeper and my husband sleeps on his back. As long as the bed is flat, I can sleep on my side with no problems.

We haven't had it long enough to really determine the durability yet.

• Firmness:

Eminent comfort, largely responsible for my deep sleep.

Comments about Tempur-Pedic TEMPUR-Rhapsody Mattress:

I've had this mattress for a number of months as I had your standard coil spring mattress, after transitioning from that mattress to my temper-pedic my back has thanked me! I can sleep all through the night unperturbed, and wake up feeling recharged and ready for the onset of daily activities pending with renewed energy. It's a great investment.

Comfort
      It provides me with the perfect amount of comfort. My partner tells me I shift less in the night trying to get into a suitable position to sleep in. This mattress is largely responsible for the improvement of my back, and the 100% quietude I need through the night.

I've had it for less than a year, but it's current condition looks brand new. Nearly untouched.

• Firmness:

The Tempur-Pedic Rhapsody Mattress is comfortable but hot.

Comments about Tempur-Pedic TEMPUR-Rhapsody Mattress:

We went thru 3 differnt beds before we got this bed. It is very comfortable but it really is hot. I have a double wammy between the hot mattress and my menopause night flashes, it is really hot. Other than that, the mattress is awesome. The other difference is going to the best store.

• Firmness:

This is the best mattress ever!!

Comments about Tempur-Pedic TEMPUR-Rhapsody Mattress:

There is no movement transfer with this mattress. You can get in and out of bed without disturbing your significant other.

Comfort
      With this mattress you will get a good nights sleep. It is so comfortable because it molds to the curves of your body without making you hot.

Support
      With this mattress you will have no aches in the morning when you wake up. Since there are no springs like the traditional mattress there is nothing to poke you in the back or side while you are sleeping. The foam acts like a pillow or cushion to absorb any weight so it is like sleeping on a cloud rather than pushing back on your points and causing pain.

Firmness
      This mattress will work with every body type. It molds to you but then go right back into the original shape/form as soon as you get off it.

This mattress will last for over 20 years, in great shape. Lasts forever!!! Much nicer than the traditional beds that only last 3-8 years. Plus this mattress never needs to be rotated which is nice.