Other Mattresses:
Memory Foam Mattresses
Tempur-Pedic
Tempur-Pedic TEMPUR-Contour Select Mattress

Tempur-Pedic TEMPUR-Contour Select Mattress

Pros

• Comfortable (6)
  • Soft feel (6)
  • Holds shape (5)
  • Good support (4)
  • Durable (3)

Cons

• Primary bed (6)
    • Reviewer Profile:
    • Midrange shopper (3)

Deluxe Construction

The TempurPedic Deluxe mattress was discontinued.  The new Contour Select mattress appears to have the same construction, except for a few minor changes to the cover.

This is a medium firm...Read complete review

This is a medium firm mattress, supportive and yet very comfortable.   It is easy to move on the mattress, yet if you share a bed, you will not feel the other persons movements.

When new, this memory foam mattress does have a distinct odor that must be aired out.  It may take four to seven days.  As soon as you receive it, I suggest you do not put pad and sheets on mattress. Instead, open windows to let it air out.  Use 20-Mule Team Borax or Arm & Hammer Baking soda, spread it all over the mattress and leave it for a couple hours.  Vacuum off and repeat.  If the mattress continues to emit the odor, do this daily for a few days.  The odor will eventually go away, be patient.

Sans the odor issue, the mattress is outstanding.  Best night sleep we've ever had.

Do not use a heavy mattress pad, the TempurPedic mattress pad is best.  It is lightweight to work with your body to create the comfort.  It also is waterproof to protect the memory foam and cover, yet it does not have a heavy plastic feel as waterproof pads used for babies and children.  It washes easily and while instructions may advise to wash in cold water, I have washed it in very hot water for well over a year and it is in excellent condition.

As memory foam mattresses do use body heat to create the comfort, it is not necessary to have lots of blankets or comforters on top of you at night.  If your body tends to be hot at night, with this mattress you may need to keep the temperature down to 72 degrees in the bedroom.  Single ply Egyptian cotton sheets or silk sheets tend to be cooler.

It is expensive, the 90 day trial period is exceptional and the company stands by its matress exchange/return policies.  The Rhapsody feels more firm than this and due to the HD Tempur material it responds to body heat even more than the Contour mattress, you may feel even warmer at night with the Rhapsody as your body will sink further into the memory foam.  The Cloud collection is a very soft mattress and did not seem to have the support needed for my back.

The Contour Select Mattress along with the ERGO Adjustable base is perfect for anyone that likes to read in bed.  While I do not advocate watching tv in bed, it is perfect for anyone who does.  We have an Eastern King mattress over two Twin ERGO adjustable bases.  It works well, although on rare occassion we have to reset as the adjustable remote sometimes get out of sync.  A minor issue thus far (fourteen months).

Purchased this August 2010. Today is February 2012. We continue to love this mattress, it is worth every single penny! The best investment we've made was purchasing this mattress and Ergo foundation. We sleep so well, it is so comfortable. Our backs love this bed, we sleep through the not. The mattress is not hot. If my body gets hot, it is internal and nothing to do with this mattress.

Comfort
LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE THIS MATTRESS. SO INCREDIBLY COMFORTABLE.

Support
Our backs no longer hurt when we wake up.

TEMPUR-Contour is OK; probably GREAT for people with back pain!

While I'd love to say that I'm firmly in the trendy camp of "Team Tempur-Pedic", alas I'm not a huge fan. I have to say that I'm really struggling growing accustomed to the level of firmness and the overall sense that my body is sort of laying in some kind of crevasse or a soft ditch.

Comfort
It's not the worst and I've heard lots of people tell me in person that it takes some getting used to....but I think that the type of strange firm comfort may not be for m.e.

Support
Too much support in my opinion.

Firmness
Again, though it's a very strange sort of initial "sinking" of your body into the mattress, once you're resting in there, there's not any real movement.

So far, so good...and since there's really no bounce or anything to it, I would imagine that this mattress will be pretty durable.

Love our new bed!

Comments about Tempur-Pedic TEMPUR-Contour Select Mattress:

We love our Tempur-Pedic Tempur Contour Select mattress. This bed is awesome. My husband and I were both having trouble sleeping. He is a back sleeper and I am a side sleeper. We were waking each other up multiple times a night because our old mattress moved so much whenever we moved. We have been getting good sleep since the very first night our bed was set up. It took a few nights to get used to the firmness of the mattress, but now that we are, it is so very comfortable. And best of all, it works for both of us! The price for any Tempur Pedic mattress set is a bit steep, but it is worth it for the good sleep it provides.

Support
This mattress supports every pressure point well.

Firmness
The mattress is quite firm and yet comfortable even for people who normally don't like a firm mattress. It just takes a few nights to get used to it.

Here's hoping it's as durable as promised! We haven't had it very long yet...

Amazingly comfortable

Comments about Tempur-Pedic TEMPUR-Contour Select Mattress:

Me and my wife bought this 18 months ago when we moved into our apt. Simply put the mattress is amazing ! Price is much lower than Tempur's high end cloud series but the quality is still top-notch. We bought the firm version and it feels great. After almost a year and half's use, there is no sign of any deterioration of the mattress and we absolutely enjoy it. One tip is that if you don't have a bunk board with your current bed frame, make sure you buy one to support this mattress, it will help it to last longer. Highly recommend this product

Comfort
Very comfortable and you will easily feel the difference comparing to a traditional spring-based bed or regular mattress !!

Support
We bought the firm version which provides a bit more support than the regular version. The mattress still fit the curve of your back perfectly.

Firmness
The firmness of the firm version is very good. Me and my wife both love it

We've used it for 18 months so far and it's been great. The Tempur mattress came with a standard warranty of 10 years (or 15 years can't remember clearly).

Comfort at its finest

Comments about Tempur-Pedic TEMPUR-Contour Select Mattress:

I am giving my totally honest opinion when I say that this is the most intelligent and most comfortable decision that I have ever made. I think that everyone had seen one of the five hundred commercials about this mattress, and I am here to say that every one of them is completely and totally true. Since I purchased this mattress four months ago I have gotten the most restful, most comfortable, and most blissful sleep compared to any other mattress I have owned. I have had back problems since I was a kid, so my doctor recommended that I get a mattress with memory foam. I decided to get this one and I am now back on my feet running races again. On top of that, my girlfriend personally loves the fact that she doesn't have to feel me get up in the morning like she did back when I had a spring bed. I recommend this for anyone with back issues or those who just want a bed that has an amazing feel.

• Firmness:

Amazingly comfortable - you'll get the best night's sleep!!

Comments about Tempur-Pedic TEMPUR-Contour Select Mattress:

This mattress takes away all of the presser-point aches and pains that I had before. I have less backaches than I had with my previous mattress. I am able to get a much better nights sleep and wake up feeling refreshed in the morning. I only wish that I had bought my Tempur-Pedic long before!

Support
Provides the perfect support of not too soft and not too firm - just right.

We've had our mattress for 5 years and it still looks and feels brand new.

• Firmness:

Want better sleep? Buy this mattress!

from lakeland, florida

Comments about Tempur-Pedic TEMPUR-Contour Select Mattress:

My husband and I bought this mattress after we returned our Sleep Number mattress because we did not like it. It is a medium firm mattress and incredibly comfortable. The memory foam is perfect for me because of my problems. I love the fact that when my husband gets up at his ungodly time for work, he does not disturb me. The mattress does not even move. I have noticed a fair amount of less pain in my lower back in the morning, which is the main reason we purchased this mattress. I sleep better and longer. I used to be up several times a night due to discomfort, but now I actually sleep for a long time before I am awakened by anything. It is expensive, but worth every penny. I would definitely recommend this mattress if you have back issues of any kind or you have trouble getting comfortable and/or sleeping at night. This mattress will help you with all of those issues!

Temper-Pedic

Comments about Tempur-Pedic TEMPUR-Contour Select Mattress:

We have had our Tempur-Pedic for approx 5 years. We have a King size, split for his and hers with adjustable head and feet. Our mattress has helped with my restless leg syndrome and bursitis and my husband's back pain. I really like the adjustable. One downside is the split mattress is that we have loss some of the closeness and cuddling. But if you definitely get independent sleep arrangement and mattress style and adjustment. Can really tell the difference of rest and comfort when we travel and I sleep on another mattress. I don't rest as well. I don't like the pillow that came with however. I find it to be hard. Very good product, durability and service. Very Expensive but worth it. We would probably make the investment again and would highly recommend to others, especially people who suffer with back pain, restless leg syndrome or arthritis type problems. After sleeping on ours, our son when out and purchased one for himself

• Firmness:

Firm comfort, supporting relaxation.

Comments about Tempur-Pedic TEMPUR-Contour Select Mattress:

If you like a firm bed, this is the one for you. It is memory foam so there are no poky springs or squeaks, and it is so comfortable you can automatically relax completely and let the bed relax you. It conforms to you when you move so you can release more tension. I've never had a nice mattress until now and I can tell you it makes a world of difference in how you feel when you get in, and when you wake up!

Another good thing about tempur-pedic is it has a 25 year warranty, so if the mattress is not to your liking or defective after a few years, they will replace the mattress or credit you towards a different one.

COMFORT: 10/10. I am used to firm beds, and this one is firm but still remains absolutely comfortable. It's somewhat of an odd experience when you sink in to your firm bed, but somehow it works, and it's amazing! Most people do prefer the softer mattresses, such as the temper-pedic cloud series, but I'm certain that if you like firm mattresses, which are better for your back, the contour select is what you've been looking for.

SUPPORT: 10/10. Even though it's memory foam, it offers a lot of support in such a way that you're not confined but you're not sinking all over the place either. My husband has had back pain and as soon as he gets into bed he says he feels so relaxed and much better. When he wakes up, he also says he is well-rested and ready for the day unlike waking up other nights on a less supportive mattress.

Soft cozy and comfortable

Comments about Tempur-Pedic TEMPUR-Contour Select Mattress:

Amazing soft bed. Would recommend to everyone. You wouldn't regret buying this product

Comfort
So so so comfortable. Get this mattress!!

Gives great support

Amazing firmness

Pretty durable however some rips and frays are developing after a year and a half of using the product

BEST MATTRESS EVER!

Comments about Tempur-Pedic TEMPUR-Contour Select Mattress:

This bed is the best for relieving back pain and it really helped me. I have to admit it is a tad bit pricey when I first saw it but after I tried it out, I was like I have to buy this bed. I felt so good and the material that the mattress was made out of is the absolute perfect combination of soft and bouncy but I can't sink down all the way; there's resistance, not too much to make it uncomfortable, and it's perfect.

Comfort
It's easy to adjust me and the mattress to fit my own personal temperature for when I go to sleep. For example, if it's cold outside and I want to be warm, I just simply snuggle into the comforters. But if it's a little too warm in the room, I just sleep with little or no comforters but with a light tank top.

Firmness
It's not too soft or not too hard (I know I sound like Goldilocks). I have some back pain but with this bed, I'm sleeping like a baby and I can even stretch backwards halfway! It's amazing! It's kinda firm which I like.

I've had mine since 2009 and I've never had a problem with it. It's just as good as new!

Tempur-Pedic Tempur-Contour Select Mattress

Comments about Tempur-Pedic TEMPUR-Contour Select Mattress:

I used to wake a lot through the night for one reason or another, in addition to taking quite a while to fall asleep, but since sleeping on Tempur-Pedic Tempur-Contour Select Mattress I've been falling asleep within 2-3 minutes of laying down on the bed, and I tend to sleep a lot more comfortably through the night. Hardly ever waking from my sleep until it's time for me to fully get up. I definitely recommend this mattress for anyone looking to fall asleep faster at night and getting a more restful night's sleep.

Firmness
It's perfectly firm, not stiff, but not too soft either. Just the perfect level of firmness.