Other Mattresses:
Memory Foam Mattresses
Tempur-Pedic
Tempur-Pedic TEMPUR-Contour Select Mattress

Tempur-Pedic TEMPUR-Contour Select Mattress

Pros

• Comfortable (5)
  • Holds shape (5)
  • Soft feel (5)
  • Good support (4)
  • Durable (3)

• Primary bed (5)

Deluxe Construction

The TempurPedic Deluxe mattress was discontinued.  The new Contour Select mattress appears to have the same construction, except for a few minor changes to the cover.

This is a medium firm...Read complete review

This is a medium firm mattress, supportive and yet very comfortable.   It is easy to move on the mattress, yet if you share a bed, you will not feel the other persons movements.

When new, this memory foam mattress does have a distinct odor that must be aired out.  It may take four to seven days.  As soon as you receive it, I suggest you do not put pad and sheets on mattress. Instead, open windows to let it air out.  Use 20-Mule Team Borax or Arm & Hammer Baking soda, spread it all over the mattress and leave it for a couple hours.  Vacuum off and repeat.  If the mattress continues to emit the odor, do this daily for a few days.  The odor will eventually go away, be patient.

Sans the odor issue, the mattress is outstanding.  Best night sleep we've ever had.

Do not use a heavy mattress pad, the TempurPedic mattress pad is best.  It is lightweight to work with your body to create the comfort.  It also is waterproof to protect the memory foam and cover, yet it does not have a heavy plastic feel as waterproof pads used for babies and children.  It washes easily and while instructions may advise to wash in cold water, I have washed it in very hot water for well over a year and it is in excellent condition.

As memory foam mattresses do use body heat to create the comfort, it is not necessary to have lots of blankets or comforters on top of you at night.  If your body tends to be hot at night, with this mattress you may need to keep the temperature down to 72 degrees in the bedroom.  Single ply Egyptian cotton sheets or silk sheets tend to be cooler.

It is expensive, the 90 day trial period is exceptional and the company stands by its matress exchange/return policies.  The Rhapsody feels more firm than this and due to the HD Tempur material it responds to body heat even more than the Contour mattress, you may feel even warmer at night with the Rhapsody as your body will sink further into the memory foam.  The Cloud collection is a very soft mattress and did not seem to have the support needed for my back.

The Contour Select Mattress along with the ERGO Adjustable base is perfect for anyone that likes to read in bed.  While I do not advocate watching tv in bed, it is perfect for anyone who does.  We have an Eastern King mattress over two Twin ERGO adjustable bases.  It works well, although on rare occassion we have to reset as the adjustable remote sometimes get out of sync.  A minor issue thus far (fourteen months).

Purchased this August 2010. Today is February 2012. We continue to love this mattress, it is worth every single penny! The best investment we've made was purchasing this mattress and Ergo foundation. We sleep so well, it is so comfortable. Our backs love this bed, we sleep through the not. The mattress is not hot. If my body gets hot, it is internal and nothing to do with this mattress.

Comfort
LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE THIS MATTRESS. SO INCREDIBLY COMFORTABLE.

Support
Our backs no longer hurt when we wake up.

TEMPUR-Contour is OK; probably GREAT for people with back pain!

While I'd love to say that I'm firmly in the trendy camp of "Team Tempur-Pedic", alas I'm not a huge fan. I have to say that I'm really struggling growing accustomed to the level of firmness and the overall sense that my body is sort of laying in some kind of crevasse or a soft ditch.

Comfort
It's not the worst and I've heard lots of people tell me in person that it takes some getting used to....but I think that the type of strange firm comfort may not be for m.e.

Support
Too much support in my opinion.

Firmness
Again, though it's a very strange sort of initial "sinking" of your body into the mattress, once you're resting in there, there's not any real movement.

So far, so good...and since there's really no bounce or anything to it, I would imagine that this mattress will be pretty durable.

Def worth it

from Poplar Bluff

About Me Budget Shopper

Pros

• Comfortable
  • Good Support
  • Holds Shape
  • Soft Feel
  • Sturdy

Comments about Tempur-Pedic TEMPUR-Contour Select Mattress:

Love the feel on our backs and sides. Totally a comfortable mattress that keeps its shape. Great price. Definitely would recommend this to everyone that wants a wonderful night of sleep

I would definately buy this again.

from Okmulgee Ok.

About Me Midrange Shopper

Pros

• Comfortable
    • Good Support
    • Holds Shape
    • Soft Feel
    • Sturdy

Comments about Tempur-Pedic TEMPUR-Contour Select Mattress:

I love this mattress. It holds its shape better than other brands of mattresses and is so very comfortable. It doesnt get lumpy, at least not yet. Ive owned mine for 5 years and its still holding up. It doesnt squeek or curl up either. I would deffinately rebuy this mattress.

LOVE my Tempur-Contour mattress

from Fayette, KY

About Me Midrange Shopper

Pros

• Comfortable
      • Good Support
      • Holds Shape
      • Soft Feel
      • Sturdy

Comments about Tempur-Pedic TEMPUR-Contour Select Mattress:

I LOVE my TEMPUR-Pedic Contour mattress. I am a busy wife/mom that tries to stay healthy and live a balanced life. I don't get much sleep, so the sleep that I do get is important. Until I bought my TEMPUR Contour mattress I slept on hand-me-downs and cheapies. When I finally decided to invest in a decent night's sleep, I wasn't sure about making the switch from an innerspring mattress to memory foam. After the first night sleeping on the TEMPUR Contour mattress I was so happy that my husband and I made the change. There is hardly any motion transfer so I don't notice when my husband gets up in the night. I sleep deeper and when my alarm clock rings I get right up instead of hitting the snooze button three times. Now, six months later, I still LOVE my TEMPUR-Pedic Contour mattress. I wake up refreshed and ready to go in the morning and look forward to melting into my TEMPUR mattress every night. The only problem with my mattress is that I don't want to be without it. Luckily, Tempur-Pedic makes a travel set which I recently bought to ensure I sleep well when I'm away from my Contour. I'm looking forward to using the TEMPUR travel set next time I sleep away from home.

Buy the firm version!

from India

Pros

• Comfortable
        • Good Support
        • Holds Shape
        • Soft Feel

Comments about Tempur-Pedic TEMPUR-Contour Select Mattress:

I just love it's comfort and firmness level. The pricing is also much lower than Tempur's other products but without comprising any of its best qualities. It feels really great.
          Comfort
          You will instantly start to feel the difference between the mattress and other traditional spring beds,It only needs few few nights of sleep and you will fall in love with it.
          Firmness
          I bought firm version to support my back and other body parts. The firm version offers a bit more support to your back. It looks great and gives excellent support to my body and fits according to the curve of your body.
          I am using it for quite a while now, but there are no signs of any deterioration. I have a long association with the company and seems like it will continue for many more years.

Perfect comfort level!

from India

Pros

• Comfortable
          • Holds Shape
          • Soft Feel

Comments about Tempur-Pedic TEMPUR-Contour Select Mattress:

It is a great mattress and the best part of this mattress is it adjust beautifully with your back while laying down and gives me perfect nights of sleep.
            Comfort
            The comfort level of this mattress is just perfect. It is neither too soft nor too hard while laying down and also gives proper support to your back and also supports every pressure point according to how you use it.
            Firmness
            The mattress is quite firm yet comfortable even for people who does not like firm mattresses. Although, you need to give few nights to perfectly adjust with the mattress.
            I just hope it stays durable for at least couple of years. I do not have good experience with the mattresses I bought when it comes to durability. Till now works absolutely fine without much hindrances.

Who needs sheep?

from Florida

Comments about Tempur-Pedic TEMPUR-Contour Select Mattress:

I will say that I was not a fan of tempur pedic until my hubby and I went shopping to purchase our new bed. To me they had always seemed really hard, they are heavy as anything and never appealed to me. My hubby wanted one though, and good wife that I am I agreed. We got it home and set up and I was still unsure how I would feel sleeping on this miserable bed for at least the next ten years. Fortunately, one night was all it took to convert me!

Comfort
            When we got this bed we were replacing a soft-sided water bed with an extra plush pillow top. Comfortable does not even begin to describe the wonderfulness of that bed and I was saddened when our bed sprung a leak and found that they didn't make our bed anymore. I was DREADING our first night in this bed. I laid down and after a minute it started to feel not bad. I am a tosser and a turner normally, but I snuggled up to my hubby and I slept soundly all night long. When I woke up the next morning, I had none of the usual aches and pains that have plagued me for years. I was refreshed and most of all, surprised.

Support
            I was always skeptical about all the claims as to how great this bed was. I chalked it up to people paying for the prestige, the brand and that it couldn't be all that special, could it? I mean, a bed is a bed. You sleep on them, some are hard, some are soft, but basically they are the same. I can't believe how wrong I was! The support offered by Tempur-pedic is incredible. I have never woke up as pain free as I do now since I was in my 20's.

Firmness
            I typically do not want a firm mattress. I want a soft, squishy bed that I can sink into and fall gently asleep. This is not that bed. Nor is it hard as a rock. It takes some getting used to, but it will appeal to those who require a firmer bed as well as those like me that want softness.

This bed will hopefully last forever as expensive as it was, but it was worth the price for however long it lasts. The pain free quality to my life is so incredible that it makes the price not even important.

great supportive mattress

Comments about Tempur-Pedic TEMPUR-Contour Select Mattress:

A very supportive and comfortable mattress. Though it is expensive it is worth every penny spent. Totally satisfied with the mattress and sleep like a baby without any discomfort. I recommend it for all who have disturbed sleeping due to pain. It totally supports but with so much of gentleness. There us no need to replace the mattress like others as it holds totally and does no sag over time. This saves money over the years. With whichever position i sleep it is comfortable and supportive. The adjustable vibrating frame is very good and soothing

• Firmness:

Way to firm for my wife and I. Also gets to hot.

Comments about Tempur-Pedic TEMPUR-Contour Select Mattress:

We heard a lot of good things about this mattress, so we went for it. After a few nights my wife and I were both feeling stiff. After all we heard we felt like maybe there was just an adjustment period. We went beyond the point of return, so we were stuck with the bed___not. We ended up giving the bed to my daughter and son-in-law. We are back to a water bed. If it works don't replace it.

Comfort
            Not comfortable. May have needed a few more rocks.

Yea, if you like hard.

Like a rock

Out after 8 months

• Firmness:

The best sleep money can buy!

from north augusta sc

Comments about Tempur-Pedic TEMPUR-Contour Select Mattress:

This mattress is well worth the investment! I have been sleeping on this mattress for over five years now and I could not be any happier. The cost of this mattress is very high in my opinion, but I use it every night and get the best night of rest every night that I sleep in it. I feel completely refreshed after a night of sleep on this mattress. My back hurts sometimes from standing all day at work and I constantly go up and down stairs. After a long day of work I lay down on this bed and fall asleep almost instantly. It almost feels like the mattress is hugging me when I lay down. It is very soft and it feels like my back is being massaged when I lay down. This mattress is extremely durable and I have not had any quality issues in the five years of ownership for the mattress. The mattress that I have is large enough for my wife and I to sleep comfortably. This is a no contest best buy, and I highly recommend this to anyone who needs a good night sleep night after night.

Love our new bed!

Comments about Tempur-Pedic TEMPUR-Contour Select Mattress:

We love our Tempur-Pedic Tempur Contour Select mattress. This bed is awesome. My husband and I were both having trouble sleeping. He is a back sleeper and I am a side sleeper. We were waking each other up multiple times a night because our old mattress moved so much whenever we moved. We have been getting good sleep since the very first night our bed was set up. It took a few nights to get used to the firmness of the mattress, but now that we are, it is so very comfortable. And best of all, it works for both of us! The price for any Tempur Pedic mattress set is a bit steep, but it is worth it for the good sleep it provides.

Support
            This mattress supports every pressure point well.

Firmness
            The mattress is quite firm and yet comfortable even for people who normally don't like a firm mattress. It just takes a few nights to get used to it.

Here's hoping it's as durable as promised! We haven't had it very long yet...