Other Mattresses:

Tempur-Pedic OriginalBed Mattress

Pros

Cons

• Firmness:

Amazing, Like sleeping on a cloud.

Ive owned several Beds in the past lets say 4 years. And this is by far this tempurpedic mattress is one of the most comfortable ones. Very soft and enjoyable. Sometimes its very firm. But after a hard day of work it is ver comfortable and you just sink right into it. It looks very nice to. You can put a bed sheet on it or just leave it the way it is. My daughter actually comes over to our house just to lay on our bed! it relieves muscle aches. ive gotten crams and laid on that bed for about an hour and when i woke up my whole body felt rejuvenated! I truly would recommend this bed to other people/ Its a little pricey but it is definitely worth it! I like how in the winter it keeps you warm. But in the summer it can get a little hot. I told one of my friends about  my new bed. they tried it, Loved it. And went out and bought three on them! one for each of there bedrooms. Overall it is a very amazing bed and i will definately recommend it!

My Tempurpedic mattress was the worst purchase I ever made.

I bought a Tempurpedic mattress about a year ago. Two friends advised me not to as they had been seriously dissatisfied. My back was sore and I thought it would help. I spent a lot of money on what I thought wasa high quality product. I bought this at Grand Furniture in Johnson City, Tennessee. I have bought quite a bit of furniture from them over the years. When I bought the mattress I specifically asked about the 90 day no questtions asked return policy. I was told it would be honored there just as it would be if I bought direct from the factory not far from here in Duffield, Virginia.

They failed to mention that the return would be invalidated under a TN law which forbids mattress return if the seal on the plastic delivery cover is broken. I watched as they unloaded the mattress, opened the box and the first thing they did as I watched was remove the plastic cover, even before they entered my house.Without so much as a word spoken.

My back got better, a little. Then it became clear my wife would get stuck in it and when she tried to roll around it hurt her knees severely to push around. She has bilateral knee replacements and this just wasn't working out at all. She tried to hang in there for a bit but just couldn't. Then as the season changed some and it got warmer and the sweats started. Both of us would sweat through all the bedclothes unless we put our room at 68 degrees. This was the last straw for us both.

But the fun and games were just getting underway!

When I called Grand Furniture they dropped their little TN mattress law bomb on me and said a return would have to be worked out with Tempurpedic. So I called Tempurpedic and their customer service agent basically said, "to bad....sooo sad" and call Grand. When I called them with this little piece of love they said "Oh, well too bad you didn't know about the law. I went there to see the salesman and confront his duplicity and what do you know...he doesn't work there anymore. So I talk to a manager who informed me that if I didn't keep up the payments they would go the the usual rigamarole, ruin my credit , etc. He did send a guy to our house who did validate we had a defective product, but all they would do was exchange for another one. They know they have you and all you can do is take it or get killed in the credit bureaus!

So I will finish paying this 4K bill later this year. My son and daughter-in-law got a very expensive, if not a wonderful bed as a present, they don't love the hot sleeping either, but it is not as bad for them as it was for us and they really needed a bed.

So in the end I will never walk into Grand Furniture in Johnson City, TN or any of their other locations again. I think Tempurpedic is devious and manipulative in their return promises and are a bunch of double dealing liars who won't stand behind their dubious claims They realize once they lock you into a sale all they have to do is rip off that cover and all their claims of satisfaction are rendered mute. Even better for them if another seller wraps the customer around the axle.

I sincerely hope just one person reads this and avoids either company and/or is educated about how basically dishonest this scam deal is. I really hope a lot of people do. They treated me shabbily and I have never spent so much on a luxury item and gotten such a flim-flam in the aftermarket.

We bought a Sleep Number and have been happier. My wife deals with it quite well, my back isn't any worse at least and we don't wake up in puddles.

I think the corporate motto at Tempurpedic is "Why tell the little lie, when the big one will do".It galls me something awful that my payments go to their huge advertising budget! At Grand Furniture they are a bit simpler, their motto seems to be "Screw em'".

I have way more energy during the day.

Comments about Tempur-Pedic OriginalBed Mattress:

I LOVE this mattress. We used to sleep on a conventional mattress. I would wake up every morning with lower back pain. I'd get out of bed and walk around like an old lady. Then we bought the tempurpedic. No more back pain. As soon as I get into bed I am instantly comfortable and relaxed. I sleep all night. My husband likes it too although he does complain a little about lack of bounce during love making. But, it hasn't slowed us down at all. I feel fantastic now. Our sheets stay on just fine, too. We bought the pillows but we didn't really care for them. We like down. So I just use them as filler pillows now. I will never go back to springs.

• Firmness:

Takes some getting used to, wish we had waited for the cloud

from Kansas City, MO

Comments about Tempur-Pedic OriginalBed Mattress:

Good price, will last for quite some time. I will say that I disagree with most others when they say it is the most amazing mattress they have ever slept on. As good as a matress as it is, I would say for the first couple of months, I would wake up with a seriously stiff back. Granted it was brand new and as firm as could be, but I was still a little dissapointed. The thing with most memory foam beds or toppers is that they take a bit to break in and then turn into just about nothing. I am satisfied with this purchase because as rough as the breaking in period was, I know that is the end of it. It will remain the same for a number of additional years of use. Ample room for two people and as much as you would believe the commerical where the other sleeping person will not notice you move or get up, it is not true. Look around and if you can get it for a good price, it is a good investment.

Very supportive

from San Antonio, TX

Comments about Tempur-Pedic OriginalBed Mattress:

We got a Tempurpedic bed just before I had the first of several reconstructive foot surgeries. Knowing that I'd be almost completely bedridden for a minimum of two weeks after each surgery, we knew that we needed to get a good bed. We got a extra long twin Tepurpedic bed to put in the downstairs guest room where I'd be staying. It was pricey, but it was worth every penny.

When you are almost completely bedridden and need to keep your feet elevated above your head except when eating, it is very convenient to have an adjustable bed. It also made sitting up to eat much easier. No messing about with loads of pillows, you just pushed a button. Plus the Tempurpedic mattress gave such good support. You really notice the difference when you are spending the whole day in bed, for several weeks. It's nice and firm without being too hard.

Family and friends loved that bed (as mentioned, it lived in the downstairs guest room). Now my aunt and uncle and my parents all have Tempurpedic beds for everyday use. They all love them.

Firmness
Very supportive but also very soft.

Great for back pain!

Comments about Tempur-Pedic OriginalBed Mattress:

This is a great mattress for back pain because it relieves the pressure from your back, and also helps you from having to toss and turn. It does not do very well when it comes to side sleeping because there is little support. This mattress is great because it lasts a long time and do not need to replace it for a long while! Overall, it is a great mattress for those who suffer from back pain, knee pain, or any type of joint pain since it helps a lot in that category!

• Firmness:

Tempur-Pedic is great product and company stands behind product.

from Pelham, AL

Comments about Tempur-Pedic OriginalBed Mattress:

I would give Very Good but I did not get as much relief as I wanted. However, I think that has more to do with my health issues than the product.

Comfort
I would give Very Good but I found same issue as noted above and again I don't really think this is the company's issue.

Support
I think it is the good for me but would be very good for most!!

Firmness
I can honestly give this product a Very Good in Firmness and that is because of the material it is made of, firmness but conforms to your body at the same time.

I have had mine eight years and you can't tell it is a day old!!

• Firmness:

Best rest I have ever had

from Denison, TX

Comments about Tempur-Pedic OriginalBed Mattress:

My husband and I recently stayed at a hotel that put these in ALL of their rooms. We had the best sleep ever. It was a little strange when you first sit on it, it feels firm but when you lay down, you find that is soft but provides #1 support. Little pricey but we are saving for one now. Well worth it!

sleep like sheep

from Sparta, NJ

Comments about Tempur-Pedic OriginalBed Mattress:

This is the most comfortable bed we have ever had.Don't end up with back aches neck aches etc. Actually don't really like to sleep away from home as tempur-pedic bed and pillows are the best...We are spoiled!!! They are worth the money...think of it as a real good investment in your health. The memory mattress really makes a differnce and you don't end up with a valley in the middle of your bed.

• Firmness:

the most comfortable bed ever.. i love it!

from Joliet, IL

Comments about Tempur-Pedic OriginalBed Mattress:

the most comfortable bed ever.. there is no other like it! i wish everone could have one they don' t know what there missing..the first time i got mine my son feel asleep in about less then 5 minutes. i used to have problems helping go to sleep . not anymore. now everyone it are home has one is it the best investment i ever made. luxury!

I was dissapointed

from Philadelphia, PA

Comments about Tempur-Pedic OriginalBed Mattress:

I was disappointed with the over all product, loved it in the beginning, however that soon changed, would not buy this product again, and I would not recommend this mattress to anyone.

Comfort
When we first got this mattress we loved it, but within 3 yrs it was uncomfortable, it was not conforming to us anymore, there were indentations where we would usually lay. we have flipped in and gotten additional mattress toppers but it is never the same as the new one. This mattress was supposed to last for at least ten yrs, we paid 2000 for it and it did not live up to the hype.

Support
Support was good in beginning, however according to there advertisements you should not feel the other person moving, and the bed is not supposed to disturb even a cup of water when someone moves, you do feel movement of others

Firmness
good in the beginning, however as the years went on the mattress was no longer firm thoughout, we have dips in it and now always fall into "the hole:

when we bought this mattress we were told it would last us a lifetime, I was hoping for about ten years, however a few short years after buying this, the mattress stopped functioning as promised.

it is amazing

from Wasilla, AK

Comments about Tempur-Pedic OriginalBed Mattress:

i don't sleep well without my tempur-pedic bed. the way i am supported on it is amazing, it just feels wonderful to lay in bed!!!

Comfort
there are some days i just don't want to get out of bed and can lay there all day!!!

Support
the support is great, other than i can no longer sleep on my stomach, as this causes me lower back pain

Firmness
not to firm, not to soft, it conforms perfectly to my body.

it is holding up really well. we have had our temper-pedic for about 10 years and no complaints