Other Mattresses:

Tempur-Pedic DeluxeBed Mattress

Pros

Cons

• Firmness:

The most comfortable, supportive bed ever made.

I have suffered with back pain from a herniated disc for years. My back pain began getting worse and I realized I needed to purchase a new mattress. After much researching and trying out several different brands and types of mattresses, I selected the Tempur-pedic DeluxeBed.

This bed is great for so many reasons. I no longer spend time trying to find a comfortable position. Once you lie down, you're comfortable! I still have some back pain, of course, but I have noticed a significant improvement on how I feel when I wake up in the morning. I have also noticed that I sleep more soundly at night.

You can get in and out of bed without disturbing your sleeping partner, too. Or more importantly, they won't be disturbing you!

I highly recommend this mattress to anyone who is in the market for a new bed. It is on the expensive side, but it also comes with a 20 year warranty IF you purchase the box springs, too.

Supposedly, dust mites cannot penetrate the material, so it is good for people with allergies. This mattress is not suppose to get wet, so make sure you purchase a waterproof mattress cover to protect it. (It does not affect the comfort or support factor and does not have to be the Tempur-pedic brand.)

The Tempur-pedic line of mattresses are rather expensive compared to other types of mattresses, but it is well worth the price. Temper-pedics are also "fair trade" items. That means no matter where you buy it from, it is the same price. However, it still pays to shop around. You can get free delivery, old mattress pick-up/disposal, free pillows and/or interest free financing depending on where you purchase it from.

Regardless of where you decide to buy a Tempur-pedic, it comes with a 90 day return policy if you're not satisfied. (Although you may charged for return shipping.)

I highly recommend this mattress to everyone, especially if you have any physical ailments.

nothing like the display models

after much review of all the tempurpedic models and going endlessly from store to stroe to try them and price them, i finally bought the deluxe, ca king. suprisingly though once it was delivered it felt like a totally different bed. nothing cradled my body, it wasnt soft, i didnt melt into it like i did on the display model at the stores i went to.  i felt like i had been sleeping on a bed of rocks, after just 2 nights, my body ached all over as if i had been beaten with bats and ran over by a train, i hate this bed and the fact that i spent 3000.00 on it, but hate that i have to start shopping for another bed all over, and to find out this 90 day free sleep trial really isnt free at all. you have to pay 199.00 fee for them to let you return the darn thing.  i was told by the store that i purchased it from that there is a break in period, i should let my kids jump all over it for a while, and then try to wait it out, truth is that didnt help at all. is anyone else out there experiencing this same problem.

Finally, a good night's sleep!

from New Kensington, PA

Comments about Tempur-Pedic DeluxeBed Mattress:

I purchased this mattress almost two years ago after suffering with back pain for 5 five years. Within two weeks, I was waking up without pain and getting a good night's sleep, not tossing and turning to get comfortable. It is semi-firm, but conforms to your bady shape within minutes of getting in. It took a couple of weeks to get used to the temperature change as well. The memory foam is quite a bit warmer than a regular mattress and it was noticable for the first few weeks, but once that adjustment period was over, it's perfect. I absolutely love this mattress and hate that when we go to a hote or on vacation that I can't take it along. There's nothing like it.

If You Are Thinking of Buying this, You Should

from Palm Bay, FL

Comments about Tempur-Pedic DeluxeBed Mattress:

I love my Tempur-Pedic mattress. We have had it for three years. Before I bought it, my husband would flop around like a fish while he was sleeping, causing me to wake up. Not anymore! I don't know if he stopped flopping, or if the bed really keeps you from feeling movement, but either way, it worked. Keep in mind it took me a few days to adjust to it after sleeping on other kinds of beds my whole life. Stick it out for a week if you don't like it the first day. Also, I have never been hot like others have said is a problem with Tempur-Pedic beds. After every vacation, we are so thankful to be home with our mattress! I know they are a bit expensive. We got a floor model at Rooms to Go when they were looking to get rid of it.

Tempur-Pedic Mattress - a Great way to end the day

from Steuben, ME

Comments about Tempur-Pedic DeluxeBed Mattress:

I've had my tempur-Pedic Mattress for several years now. I so very much enjoy the restful sleep it provides me each evening. Although it took a while for me to adjust to it, and I really wasn't sure if I liked it the first few nights, but after a week or so, my body totally adjusted and each night it seemed to get better and better. Now I eagerly slip in and sink into a very restful sleep each night.

Comfort
The comfort level is excellent and my body seems to mold into the mattress after several minutes. My house temperature is fairly cool, with the thermostat set to 55 in the winter, so when I first enter bed, the mattress is very firm, however, after my body temperature warms the area, the mattress immediately gives way to seemingly mold around me in a cocoon of comfort.

Support
The support level is different from a conventional mattress but very comfortable to me. I go to bed with a backache and wake up without one. This wasn't the case when I slept on a conventional mattress. The Tempur-pedic has definitely provided a level of positive suppport I was unable to achieve in the past with a conventional mattress.

Firmness
The mattress is very firm at first when I lay down, but seems to structurally change once it adapts to your body warmth and shape.

My Tempur-pedic is very durable, just like the first day I slept in it. It does not display any signs of wear what so ever. And I do use an electric warming blanket during the winter months to "warm up" the bed when I first arrive. It does not seem to have a negative affect on the mattress at all (even though it is not recommended to be used).

• Firmness:

was the worst purchase of my life.

Comments about Tempur-Pedic DeluxeBed Mattress:

was the worst purchase of my life. My husband complain all the time about this purchase. the more expensive and more bad for my health. my back. I can not sleep is horrible. Now I'm afraid to buy a new mattress that I feel sad and frustrated now no one to sell this thing so expensive and bad.

• Firmness:

Love Love LOVE my Tempur-Pedic!

Comments about Tempur-Pedic DeluxeBed Mattress:

We will never go back to a standard mattress ever again. I always forget just how much we love our Tempur-Pedic until we spend a night away on a guest bed. My back, as well as my husband's, is so much better than before. He also appreciates that it doesn't move the entire bed when I turn over.

• Firmness:

A bed that gets better over time

Comments about Tempur-Pedic DeluxeBed Mattress:

This is one of the most comfortable mattresses I have ever slept on.

Comfort
At first, this bed felt very hard and pretty uncomfortable. Over time it has gotten a bit softer (and I bet that we have gotten used to it as well). When we added a pillow topper it became one of the most comfortable beds we have ever slept on. I know that the pillow topper dimimishes some of the memory foam effects, but it is worth it. Also, I sleep on my side and used to have some pain on my hips with pressure points from other mattresses. Never been a problem with this one.

I have had the matttress for over 5 years now (and it has been through 5 moves as well. The mattress is still in great condition. No signs of wear or sagging. It has many years to come!

• Firmness:

Totally Overrated-It's not cracked up to what it claims to be.

Comments about Tempur-Pedic DeluxeBed Mattress:

My husband and I bought this matress March 2011 through a familiar furniture store. We laid on it for a few minutes in the store and felt it was firm and comfortable for us. We didn't get our Deluxe matress until July 2011 along with our King size bedroom suite we bought which backordered.

We were so exicted to recieve our new and comfortable mattress. After the first night, we knew this mattress was not going to work for us. It felt like we were sinking deep into the mattress. It was hard to switch positions and get comfortable and it also holds your body tempature in which will make you hot in that one position. It also caused low back pain and I've never had any low back pain after a night's rest.

After the second night, I called the store to make sure they delivered the right mattress(the one we tried in the store), the salesman confirmed and encouraged us to give the mattress a little time to settle in.

Well, one year later, we are still struggling for a good night's rest without getting stuck in the middle of a 'sink hole', "getting an ab workout just to get out of bed" and the worst parts are both of us are experiencing back pain, and my joints ache after sleeping on this mattress.

Totally dissappointed.

Wish I'd bought one 10 years ago

Comments about Tempur-Pedic DeluxeBed Mattress:

After years of suffering through mattresses I didn't really like, I drove to the nearest mattress store to try the Tempur-Pedics. I've never looked back.

I love this mattress; it supports yet has some 'give' to it, and it's been 3 years now with no noticeable sagging or change at all. I imagine it will be many years before I need to replace it, but when I do, I'll just get another Tempur-Pedic. For me, there is no point looking at anything else.

The only drawback I can see is that it does tend to trap body heat more than regular mattresses. Mostly we have been able to offset this, however, just by lightening the blankets or using a fan at night during warm months.

Firmness
The one we chose is moderately firm, but not hard. Because it's foam and not springs, there is nothing to jab against you, it just doesn't sink down real far like a feather bed.

Good so far, have only had 3 years

• Firmness:

Save your money. It's not worth it.

Comments about Tempur-Pedic DeluxeBed Mattress:

The heat produced by this mattress makes you feel like you're being boiled in oil. Buy a regular mattress and add a memory foam topper ... you can afford nicer sheets, cooling mattress pad, curtains and will be able to sleep better for not being taken for your hard earned money. After all that you'll still have about 3200.00 left over!

Comfort
Bought this for my bad back. Has given no relief. We bought the kind with the complete ergonomic package. It's nice to sit up in bed but the "massage" is a joke.

Support
After a few months the part of the bed where the boards underneath sags and you feel like you're sleepin in a crack.

Comfortable

from Enterprise, AL

Comments about Tempur-Pedic DeluxeBed Mattress:

We bought a Tempur-Pedic Deluxe (Queen size) about 2 months ago and we both just love it! My back no longer hurts in the morning. The bed is so comfortable. Every night I can't wait to go to bed! I would recommend it to anyone. It is very pricey but it's definitely worth it! We got 2 pillows too and they are great!