Other Mattresses:

Tempur-Pedic ClassicBed Mattress

Pros

Cons

• Firmness:

The personalized comfort mattress.

I have had a temperpedic mattress for 8 years. I have multiple orthopedic problems and find the temperpedic helpful in pain control. It also makes it less likely that I will wake up my husband when changing position.

The mattress wears well, it has been "turned" twice and that is difficult for 1 person to do alone. The only negative we have found is that it is too firm, at first, in winter. Our house is cool and the tempur material is heat activated( that's how it conforms to you). It's fine once we have been in it for a bit. It also tends to be to warm in summer if you don't have air conditioning in your bedroom on hot days. The mattress retains body heat.

Nothing I have tried feels exactly like it. If you are considering one find a dealer with them set up and try it out. Don't rush. Stay on the mattress for 15-30 min. It's worth the time. You might also want to try it, go home and think about it, then try again. You'll be sleeping on it for many years, take the time to get what is right for you.

If you like very firm, heat generating mattresses, this is for u

I bought the tempurpedic mattress thinking that I would sleep in everlasting comfort, for at least 10 years.  Well, that is not quite the case.

Let...Read complete review

Let me start by saying that if a company limits its supply to specialty stores than the people in the store should be knowledgable in the product.  No one knew much about the mattress and I was given a lot of mis information.

I bought the thinner, more dense mattress.  Apparently there are two types.  The thinner mattress holds more heat, I am always sweating in this bed.  The thicker mattress has a better airflow, allowing heat to escape through areas not related to my body.  That is the biggest complaint I have about the mattress.  If you do not like heat, then go for the thicker mattress for the xtra money.

Because of the denseness, the mattress has the tendency to smell, especially in the winter when household heat is on.  The warmer the mattress, the more it "cooks" and the more it smells.  Not good.

It is very hard to clean,  you are constantly sweating in this mattress and I feel the mattress is too heavy, and too akward to clean adequately.

None of the sales people I dealt with knew any of this information.  If I would have known the thicker, more expensive, mattress would have eliminated these complaints I have written above, I would have bought it.  But the store workers assured me the only difference in the mattress was a litte added comfort that wasnt really needed.

The pros, it is a comfortable mattress, if you like firm.  There are no real pressure points so you are not tossing and turning throughout the night, therefore your are more rested.

I see it lasting a long, long time.  There is no wear on the mattress, no springs to break, wherever you sleep, recovers as soon as you get out of bed.  No uncomfortable indents to deal with...ever.

Ultimately, it is a good investment, heat and odors are the price I pay for a restful sleep every night.

Not one I will ever spend my money on.

from Sevierville, TN

Comments about Tempur-Pedic ClassicBed Mattress:

My honey bought one of these mattresses. He's a small, lightweight man weighing in at about 110 pounds soaking wet and he said that it didn't give even an inch when he was in it and apparently because he is such a lightweight, he said the bed never "broke in" for him. When I met him and slept in this bed for the first time, it didn't give an inch for me either, and trust me: I'm not a lightweight. I am a fluffy woman and this mattress didn't give even a little bit when I laid on it! It was hard as a rock, and no matter what position I tried to sleep in, I couldn't get comfortable. Needless to say, we spent A LOT of nights at my house instead because I could never get any sleep at his place.

Comfort
Nope, hard as a rock. I would have gotten better sleep on the floor, I think.

Support
None whatsoever. So much for "memory foam"; it didn't conform to either of our body weights. Skinny or fluffy, it doesn't matter. This mattress remains a rock no matter what.

Firmness
Gave it a 10, and that is NOT a good 10 either!

It's basically still new since we never, ever sleep in it.

• Firmness:

When it is new it is great.

Comments about Tempur-Pedic ClassicBed Mattress:

When this mattress was new it was great, fantastic even. It was also quite expensive and was alleged to last a lot longer based on the sales pitch than it actually did. Three years into ownership of this mattress and it became saggier and saggier. It is not a conform to the body so it must be perfect for you situation, it is a broken down foam situation. I miss the newness of the mattress when my back did not hurt. I miss falling asleep on the mattress and finding myself in the exact same position when I woke up again. One of these years I will finally buy a new mattress and be able to sleep again. Waking up without back pain, hip pain and knee pain will be priceless. I just wish this mattress lasted longer than it did, closer to the warranty by a couple of years would have resulted in a higher rating. Hopefully, I will be able to talk my husband into another one of this brand as opposed to the waterbed that he prefers.

• Firmness:

This is the best mattress I have ever slept on -

from Trenton, MI

Comments about Tempur-Pedic ClassicBed Mattress:

This is the most amazing bed I have ever slept on and recommend it highly - I have lower back arthritis and other issues due to radiation treatments and prefer firm surfaces to sit or lay on . This bed is firm but yet so comfortable it's hard to describe to people - it helps to take away the aches and pains I can get during the day and like others have said- it fells like sleeping on a cloud - I have turned into a back sleeper because of how good it feels when I have pain or soreness in my back and I feel this bed just melting it away - it's very supportive and yet comfortable and I know that it will help to relieve my back and encourage sleep - A family member bought me this bed during my cancer treatment because she also has one - what a difference it made to me to not have my discomfort complicated by a mattress- I love this mattress.

Comfort
The most comfortable mattress I have used including, those high priced hotel's mattresses.

Support
Really supports the body while still delivering on the comfort.

Firmness
The right amount of firmness to relieve your aches and pains and not add to them.

I have had mine for 5 years with no sign of wear.

• Firmness:

Tempur-Pedic gave me the worst night's "sleep."

from Broken Arrow, OK

Comments about Tempur-Pedic ClassicBed Mattress:

I am so grateful that I was able to return this wretched mattress. I probably got about two hours of sleep. I was so excited when I first got it thinking that I was in for a real treat. Man, was I WRONG! All I can say is that I am happy I kept my "old" mattress. I love my bed.
Sleep is so important to me both physicially and emotionally and this awful torture rack literally made me weep.

Comfort
I am a 110 pound 5'6 tall woman and this Tempur-Pedic matress made me feel like I had been laying in one position for 6 hours when in reality it had only been 10 minutes. I would flip over and this would start over. I spent the night flipping like a fish in a frying pan

Support
You might as well sleep on the floor. It is cheaper after all, but not as trendy.

Firmness
This mattress is way to hard and it hurts. The next morning my shoulders, neck, and hips ached like I had the flu.

It seems pretty sturdy although it feels more like a really nice carpet pad rather than a mattress.

Worst mattress ever.

I hate this mattress!
When it's cold out: you freeze as it takes a long time to warm up the foam.
When cold it is brick hard! I think my wood floors would be more comfortable!
When it's above 70 degrees outside the foam turns to mush and gives absolutely no support.
When sleeping on your stomach it doesn't have enough support and your back suffers from the inversion.
Simply the worst bed or mattress I've ever slept on.

Comfort
Foam is too temperature dependent.

Support
It's either rock hard or mushy

I wish it would wear out so I could get a new mattress.

A toxic disaster.

Comments about Tempur-Pedic ClassicBed Mattress:

This mattress is a few years away from some massive expose in a medical journal that it will shorten your life back to prehistoric levels. I lived with this chemical disaster for a month and was sick for the entire period. Only when I moved to another room and slept on the floor didi improve. The problem is the gasses that this disaster emits after manufacture. Instead of figuring a way to expell the toxicity at the factory, this bright company leaves it up to the consumer. We are supposed to beat the damn thing, walk on it, hit it with two by fours to expedite the process. What?

So I tried. And after a month the stink was marginally different. But I had not slept and my skin smelled like shellac. Nice huh?

So stay away from this fraud, unless of course you are trying to commit suicide. In that case by a pair.

Comfort
Sleep on the floor. It' more comfy

Support
Invest in better life insurance

Like a good coffin

It will outlive you that's for sure

• Firmness:

The Best Sleep you'll ever have.

from New City, NY

Comments about Tempur-Pedic ClassicBed Mattress:

**I have always bought a good spring and mattress. Last year we moved and decided to try the Tempur-Pedic bed. Now when I get into bed it is like having a massage. Every bone and muscle in my body get to relax. The mattress just molds around my body and eases any ache I might have. I never feel any movement that my husband makes on his side of the bed. He had a glass sitting on the mattress and I didn't realize it. I got into bed and was surprised when I realized the glass was there. It didn't spill over and wet the bed. It just rest on the mattress the way it was before I got in. That is just what happens all night when my husband tosses and turns. I don't feel him and I get a good nights sleep and I feel well rested in the morning.** I would definitely** recommend it and it is worth the extra money. They even give you a thirty day return which you would never use. Enjoy enjoy enjoy. You will thank me.**

Comfort
The best sleep I ever had.

Support
I have back problems and it gives me the needed support without being stiff. It molds to my body releasing or stress.

I have it 5 years and it is like the day I bought it.

• Firmness:

TempurPedic mattress can FREEZE but I still love it!

from Coatesville, PA

Comments about Tempur-Pedic ClassicBed Mattress:

Here's what they didn't tell me at the mattress store - the bed can freeze! And I mean rock hard solid!  We have a classic tempurpedic mattress at a shore home that has the temperature set to about 50 when we are not there.  One time the furnace went out and when we arrived, the bed was as hard as a rock!  So I get that the bed contours by your body heat, but I never thought about the opposite effect.  It took a LONG time under an electric blanket to get it to a sleepable softness.  Now before we go down to the shore house we call the neighbor to turn up the heat so our bed won't be hard!  But besides all that, I truly love this mattress and the tempurpedic original pillow that came with it.  I bought the mattress for the shore house in case we didn't like it, but ended up loving it and buying one for our regular house too.  We have had the bed for 7 years and it is still like new.  Be sure to read all of the literature about it before buying - it is hard to clean if a child urinates on the bed - yes that happened to me, but only once!   My husband suffered from a bad back but he feels this mattress has helped his back problems. My brother-in-law and his wife tried ours and they bought one too!

Comfort
I didn't realize how it would hold the heat in which is great in the winter, but not quite so great in the summer unless the air conditioning is on.

Worst purchase ever

from Kingsport, TN

Comments about Tempur-Pedic ClassicBed Mattress:

It was like sleeping on a concrete pad. It's an overpriced albatross that's going back as soon as my 30 days are up.

I'm sleeping on my old bed for now.

The Tempurpedic is hard, heavy and stinky. I had more money than brains to buy this horrible thing. It's also very difficult to get out of this bed. I feel like I need a crane to lift me out. I felt like I had slept out on the ground all night. My back and neck were killing me.

They have a lot of nerve charging that much money and trying to pawn something so horrible and unconfortable off on the innocent public. That material is not suitable for human use.

Great Mattress!

from Blackshear, GA

Comments about Tempur-Pedic ClassicBed Mattress:

Let me put it this way... When we go on vacation, the first thing we do when we get back is lay on our mattress and say "I'm glad to be back home to our bed!" We've been really pleased, and it has helped with my hip pain, allowing me to sleep without having to roll over several times a night.