Other Mattresses:
Tempur-Pedic AlluraBed Mattress

Tempur-Pedic AlluraBed Mattress

• Primary bed (3)
    • Firmness:

Only negative thing about the AlluraBed is you have to get up!

The Only negative thing about the AlluraBed is you have to get up sometime!

When you lay on this Tempurpedic ALLURABED, you will NOT want to get OUT of...Read complete review

The Only negative thing about the AlluraBed is you have to get up sometime!

When you lay on this Tempurpedic ALLURABED, you will NOT want to get OUT of bed.......EVER!!!

The cost of this ALLURABED is somewhat pricey, but not as much as some High-End *mattresses *that are still made with inner springs.

The ALLURABED should last twenty years or more without turning it over.

But a secret to making it last longer is to switch ends every three or four years.  This will dispurse the body imprint more to help it last longer.

Tempurpedic retailers don't tell you everything

My husband and I purchased a tempurpedic pillow top mattress in 2005, at first try it was great but the retailer failed to mention that after you sleep on it for a few hours it gets very hot, the body temperature rises until you are so uncomfortable that you can't sleep, the retailer we purchased it from went out of business and also had a no return policy, state regulations. We must use cooling fans year round just to tolerate the discomfort of the rising body heat, and this procedure does not work very well. The summers are really miserable, so we must suffer with it until we can afford another bed product. I would not recommend tempurpedic to anyone even if it was the only product available. I believe I would rather sleep on an inspring mattress set than the temperpedic brand, I would rather have a back ache than cook every night trying to get some sleep. This is my honest and heartfelt opinion.

Love this mattress

from Oakland, California

About Me High-end Shopper

Pros

• Comfortable
  • Good Support
  • Holds Shape
  • Soft Feel
  • Sturdy

Comments about Tempur-Pedic AlluraBed Mattress:

I have had this mattress for 5 years and have no complaints. I am a nurse who has had back pain since my early 30's from moving heavy patients who could not move. After receiving this mattress, pain went away.
    I moved from one house to another and my mattress was in storage and positioned on its side for 10 weeks and I was worried my mattress would not be the same but it was!! I was so happy to sleep in it again and thanked God I had it.

Not worth the money.

from Palm Springs, CA

About Me Midrange Shopper

Pros

• Soft Feel

Comments about Tempur-Pedic AlluraBed Mattress:

I purchased this bed a little over a year ago. It doesn't hold its shape. Your body leaves a imprint after time and isn't comfortable anymore. I am so disappointed in this mattress.

Love it!

from Boston, MA

About Me Midrange Shopper

Pros

• Comfortable
      • Good Support
      • Holds Shape
      • Sturdy

• Guest Bed

Comments about Tempur-Pedic AlluraBed Mattress:

I have suffered from chronic lower back pain for probably a decade. I tried everything! Exercise, medicine, massage, chiropractors, physical therapy, acupuncture and it never went away and started to get a little worse. I have changed my mattress a few times and didn't want to spend more money on a new bed but a good friend of mine recommended I try the Temper-pedic Allura bed and from the first time I lay on the sample at the store I felt a difference. It wasn't too hard, and it wasn't too soft. It provided me with so much support but I didn't feel like I was laying on concrete.
        Temper-pedic is notorious for being expensive and I really didn't want to spend a ton of money on a new mattress. Even with a great sale at the mattress store I still felt I could get a better deal. I knew I liked the mattress since I had tried it out so I was ok with looking online. This is one of the lower priced Temper-pedic mattresses that I found online. It took a little bit of looking but I was able to find a queen sized tempur-pedic Allura for about $1300 that was slightly used. The person who was selling it claimed that she didn't like how hot it seemed to get when she slept for more than 4 hours. She had only had it for a few months. If you are like me and you are always cold, this is a godsend! The only reason I didn't give it a five star review is because most people are not like me. I can't have anyone sleep over without hearing them complain about how hot they are. They have new tempur-pedics that have cooling features in them but they are more expensive.

Overall, I love it. My back pain is almost non-existent now and I have been a lot happier overall and sleeping better. I feel like this mattress gave me a new lease on life!

Great for bad backs!!

from Elko, Nevada

Comments about Tempur-Pedic AlluraBed Mattress:

We bought this bed recently as my husband has a combat related back injury from when he was serving in Iraq and our old mattress just was not cutting it anymore and seemed to be causing more back problems. He has a dead disc in his back and 3 others are compressed. We spent a lot of time laying on beds and trying out different tempur pedic mattresses before we made our final choice and decided on this one. The mattress is incredibly comfortable, you can fall asleep within a minute of laying down because you feel like you are on a cloud, it is seriously amazing. It is not too soft, it has just enough firmness that you do not sink deep down into it, but it cradles your body and gives you that support that you need. Since purchasing this mattress my husbands back problems have become almost non-existent and he has many more good days than bad. We both find that we fall asleep much faster and easier than ever before and we get so much of a better quality of sleep at night and wake up feelings like we are refreshed with a lot of energy for the next day.

great mattress

Comments about Tempur-Pedic AlluraBed Mattress:

This has been our primary mattress for not quite 10 years. It's very comfortable in some positions. It's not so good in others. In particular, when I sleep on my side my hip sometimes bottoms out. This aggravates my hip bursa. This softness/bottoming out problem is getting worse, so it's probably time to talk to Tempur-Pedic about their warranty. I'd really hoped that it would last longer.The softness of the mattress makes changing positions difficult as well. I do less of this and sometimes find myself waking up with numbness in my arms and legs because of that.My wife, who is a fair amount lighter than I am, finds the mattress very comfortable. Her issue with it is that she feels very cold when she first gets into bed. Later on she's overheated. The foam material definitely makes it harder to regulate body temperatures. We don't see this on other mattresses.

• Firmness:

Highly recomended. Its the closest thing to a cloud.

Comments about Tempur-Pedic AlluraBed Mattress:

I have slept on this bed for 18 days now and now ive seen change in my body features i can sleep longer through the night without tossing and turning and i can wake up relaxed with out problems. Before I had a bob o pedic it was like a regular ole mattress compared to this one after I got it. I would not trade this for my old mattress in any way.

Comfort
        This is the closest thing to a cloud. Now only if my pillow was this soft. Maby tyhey make pillows in this material and I can find a couple. But this product has 5 out of 5 stars in my review I would not take my old mattress back if it knocked on the door and begged me to come back.

This is a very durable mattress i dont feel when my partgner gets in and ot of bed their is no disturbance on my side. The mattress is high quality and it looks like it will last a very very long time thats why its backed by a life time warentee so i am looking foreward to having this bed for a very long time mabey even passing it on to my kids.lol

• Firmness:

This mattress has alleviated my back pain!

Comments about Tempur-Pedic AlluraBed Mattress:

This mattress was well worth the cost. I suffered from a great deal of back pain and it has helped immensely. It has made a huge change in my quality of life and is incredibly comfortable. My husband and I both love this mattress and never want to buy another type of mattress ever again. This has been a life-changing mattress for us both. It is much better than the pillow-top we had last time.

Comfort
        It is very comfortable. It provides the correct amount of comfort and firmness where I feel like I enjoy laying down but I am not sinking into the bed too much.

Support
        It supports my back a great deal. I sleep on my side sometimes which is not a good habit but it provides good support even then!

Firmness
        It manages to be very firm while still being comfortable-- incredible! I don't know how they do it but it is wonderful.

I have had this mattress for a couple years and it is still in great shape. I am sure it will last for many, many years to come. It is already holding up better than any mattress I have ever had before. There are no signs of wear and it does not seem to be falling apart in any way.

GREAT MATTRESS!!!!

Comments about Tempur-Pedic AlluraBed Mattress:

This is one of the best mattress's I have ever owned! The comfort of this mattress is excellent I have no aches when I wake up I feel energized and feeling great. It has a smooth top that cushions your every movement. If you have back pains this product will relieve all types of back pain.

• Firmness:

It"s the best bed i ever slept in.

Comments about Tempur-Pedic AlluraBed Mattress:

I have back problems and this bed doesn't aggravate them. It accommodates the needs of 2 people with very different ideas about how firm a bed should be.

Comfort
        The most comfortable bed I've ever slept in or owned. I've traveled fairly frequently and slept on many types of mattresses. So I have quite a bit with which to compare.

Support
        It provides excellent support even if you roll into a normally uncomfortable position. My partner generally prefers a very firm bed and I like a little more give. Previously we had a king sized bed with two twin mattresses, each with a different level of support. Now we're both really comfortable on the Tempur-Pedic.

Firmness
        Neither hard nor soft. A different experience.

We've had ours for a few years now and there's virtually no change in it. I sleep on the same side of the bed all the time and there's no indication of dents or wear. Neither of us has to worry about rolling into a valley in the middle.

High quality sleep product

Comments about Tempur-Pedic AlluraBed Mattress:

This bed is extremely comfortable and high quality yet very affordable. I've noticed a large difference in my sleeping experience and I wake up much less often during the nights. Overall a very good product that I would recommend.

Comfort
        Very comfortable for any position you prefer to sleep in. Also it's very easy to get in and out of bed without waking my partner.

8 as level of support