4.8

4.8

Pros

Cons

• Flavor Selection:

Taste of the Wild in your kitchen

About a month ago I was given a box of sample baggies for **Taste of the Wild** dog food. My dog Barkley has been eating Natural Balance for awhile now and really loves the different flavors. After reading the ingredients I took it home, opened a bag and poured it in Barkleys dish. He eat it up right on the spot! I decided that this dog food was better and my dog loved it, so I started calling stores to see who carried it before I got my dog addicted to this great food. After many phone calls with no good results I took to the streets and finally stumbled into the one store that has this food, and best of all it is in town (whoo hoo, no spending more money on gas than dog food just to go buy it). So I started mixing a sample bag of **Taste of the Wild** with his old food so he could get used to it without getting an upset stomach (and to finish off the old food of course). Soon off to the store Barkley and I were to pick up his new food. Of course he didn't care about it in the store because he actually prefers to sniff the bunny food over anything else. We came out of the store with a big bag of **Taste of the Wild**, a free dog cookie and a smile. **Taste of the Wild** is a bit more expensive than the old dog food but it makes up in gas cost since I had to drive down the hill to get the old dog food, and now I'm supporting a store where I live. Dogs like their wolf descendants are carnivores, so we should give them what they crave with **Taste of the Wild.** My dog may not be a hunter but now he can eat like one (in all actuality he would probably freak out if he accidentally stepped on a squirrel).**Ingredients:** Duck, egg, sweet potatoes, peas, chicken fat, potatoes, roasted quail, roasted duck, smoked turkey, dried chicory root, tomatoes, blueberries, raspberries, and other things hard to pronounce.**What I like about Taste of the Wild:** I like that it is grain free and has fruits and veggies that are great for my dog. I like the fact that the flavor is all the way through the kibble and not just on the outside. This food not only keeps Barkley's fur looking shiny and healthy but it also makes his nails clear and beautiful.**What my dog likes about Taste of the Wild:** It tastes good and there's usually some in his bowl when he sticks his nose in it.Treat your dog to something nice everyday. Your dog will go wolf for **Taste of the Wild**.

Smell of the Dog

I fed Taste of the Wild Wetlands Canine Formula with Roasted Wild Fowl when I received a sample from my veterinarian's office. Well, let me break it down for you:
Read complete review

Pros:
-My dog seemed to love it and finished his meals in record time.
-It filled my fur baby up because there was no crying or begging for food throughout the day or night.

Cons:
-My dog had the WORST gas ever!! It was horrible! Like, you had to grab Febreze and open a window to kill the odor.
-This stuff is pretty pricey for dog food and does not contain any special ingredients or exceptionally wholesome ingredients.

Quality of Ingredients
The package makes it seem like your pooch is going to be receiving 'real' animal meat and feed the carnivore they were born to be. However, if you take a look at the ingredient list this food is just over glorified dry dog food. There's nothing special about it.

Flavor Selection
It doesn't matter. They all smell horrible and gave my doggies nasty gas.

Worth the price!

Comments about Taste of the Wild Wetlands Canine Formula With Roasted Wild Fowl:

Taste of the Wild provides only the highest quality meats, vegetables, and grains in their flavorful blend of foods. True to their name, they only put in ingredients that would naturally be found in a dog's diet if they were living in the wild. Fresh meats are always the top ingredient, and their Wetlands Canine Formula with Roasted Wild Fowl is no exception! Your furry friend is sure to go wild over the fresh flavors and you can rest assured that he or she is getting all the nutrition they need in one place.

Quality of Ingredients
Organic, fresh ingredients are all that you will see in the ingredient list! No "animal by-products" are anywhere to be found! Corn and corn meal also are not anywhere to be found, meaning you can rest assured that your pup is eating a nutrient dense meal. it is expensive, but by feeding your dog higher quality food, you will save on vet bills in the long run.

Flavor Selection
Plenty of options - all sorts of fish and meat flavors will keep your dog from getting bored!

Dogs enjoyed it

I had never heard of this food, until my friend whose dog is a hunting dog recommended it to me because like my dogs, her dog had a sensitive stomach, so despite the fact that my friend's dog it bigger then mine I decided to give it a try. When I went to purchase it I was a little unsure of it because the only flavor was a fowl flavor and my dogs are not hunting dogs. In the end I gave it a try and I'm glad that I did because my dogs loved it, and it did not bother their stomachs one bit. Another plus w that it wasn't badly priced and it's easy to find! Although, I do not use this food as their regular food, I do buy it every once in a while just to give the dogs a little change every once in a while.

Quality of Ingredients
The ingredients seemed to be good for my dogs, and each ingredient that I read seemed good, but I did not look at the ingredients in to much detail because to be honest the thought of my dogs eating pieces of dead birds makes me sick.

Fantastic Dog Food

from Southfield, MI

This is an absolutely great brand of dog food. The only reason that I gave it nine stars instead of ten is that it's really rather pricy. I know you get what your pay for, but it still seems a little much to me.
That being said, I do really think that this is a healthy dog food. I believe that they use high quality ingredients. Whether you believe it or not, those high quality ingredients like the ones in Taste of the Wild Wetlands Canine Formula with Roasted Warer Foul truly are important to your dogs overall health and well being. I absolutely believe that this is one of the better dog foods on the market today. I just wish the dog food companies would make a dog food that is healthy like this at a price point that is more accessible to everyone.

Flavor Selection
It's not that there are lots of different flavors, it's just that this flavor seems to be palletable to all dogs. I haven't heard of a single one who wouldn't scarf it down happily.

Worth the money

from hastings, FL

I love this dog food. I have a female boxer who no matter what we did she would never gain weight. We tried every food on the market and finally took the plunge and bought Call of the wild for her. We noticed a difference pretty quickly, The first thing we noticed was she seemed to eat less and stay satisfied longer. By the end of three weeks we saw she had gained weight and we still had dog food left. Thevet told us it was because she has a wheat allergy and that's why she wasn't gaining weight with other foods. I love the call of wild brand and my dogs do as well. The food lasts longer, keeps them satisfied longer. It is slightly more than other brands but it really has made a huge difference in my dogs weight, activities and behaviors. It was recommended by my vet and we will continue using it. I mixed half of the call of the wild and half my old food for a few days to get them use to the new food. I found call of the wild at petco, petsmart, ace hardware and tractor supply. It costs about 45 for a big bag which lasts us about 3 weeks with a boxer and a medium mixed breed. It is worth the money and my dogs love it

• Flavor Selection:

A wonderful choice in natural grain free dog food.

Taste of the Wild is one of the best foods I've found for my dog. She really likes the Roasted Wild Fowl flavor. I like that the food is grain free and I feel confident that I am feeding my doggy a high quality food that is safe and natural. I spoke with a Taste of the Wild company affiliate at my local pet supply shop and he was extremely helpful, knowledgeable, and friendly.

Quality of Ingredients
This formula uses the highest quality ingredients with no corn or soy fillers. It only uses healthy ingredients that your dog actually needs such as quail, duck, turkey, sweet potatoes, berries, and tomatoes. There are vitamins, minerals, omega fatty acids, and antioxidant support to round the food out. I credit this food for bringing life to my rescued shelter dog after I adopted her. She came to me thin, hairless, and sickly and she is now healthy, beautiful, and vibrant.

Flavor Selection
There are so many different flavors in the Taste of the Wild line of foods. Surely there is one for every dog. My dog has liked all of the flavors we've tried so far.

• Flavor Selection:

Tasty little bites of kibbles

Last year my family was given a full bag of this product when our friend's dog ended up with an allergy to one of the products and was forced to start a veterinarian only prescribed diet. My dog is incredibly picky with his food, and has been known to not eat when I try new foods. However this food my dog DEVOURED. He looks forward to meal time, even to the point where I can ask him if he wants his kibble and he will dance around me and bark. He seems to have more energy now than before, and I feel like this dog food will be our go to now.

Quality of Ingredients
Now that everyone is realizing how bad the 'big name' dog foods really are, we are starting to look at the ingredients of our dog foods. Taste of the Wild really makes their kibbles with real meat and no fillers or byproducts.

Flavor Selection
They have multiple flavors, and there isn't a flavor we have tried yet that my dog hasn't gobbled down. My only concern is that he is going to eat his food too fast!

Smell of the Dog

Pros:
-My dog seemed to love it and finished his meals in record time.

Cons:

Flavor Selection
It doesn't matter. They all smell horrible and gave my doggies nasty gas.

My Shih Tzu loves this food

This is a great product for my black Labrador and my Shih Tzu. They both do very well with this brand.

Quality of Ingredients
My young Shih Tzu loves this brand and this flavor. It is gentle on his stomach and he get really excited when I serve it to him. It has a really natural smell to it. My black lab is able to eat it as well. The packaging attracted me at first, but once we received a free sample, we decided to keep buying it. It is more nutritious and has less fillers than low-grade foods, so we use a little. Check packaging for amounts.
My Shih Tzu sometimes has trouble eating foods, because of his overbite. I like the size of the kibbles, because they are just right for him.

Flavor Selection
My lab really enjoys the flavor of this as well. When I have samples, I let the dogs pick which one they like the most, and it's funny, because they pick different ones. I like that there are different selections, so I can continually change up their diet. I definitely think it has helped their coats since I switched to Taste of the Wild.

excellent

from San Diego ca

I decided to try this dog food based on all the positive reviews I have read, and it is at a good price for such high quality ingredients. My dog is a picky eater and what ever food she does eat she ends up having a stomach ache. She is also a natural bird hunter so she goes crazy eating this wild fowl flavor. This dog food is made with real wholesome ingredients and has fruits and vegetables plus tons of natural antioxidants. Also has no grains, fillers or artificial additives. My dog can eat the recommend amount she is suppose to without getting sick. Her poops are a lot more solid and her coat looks fantastic. The formula is nice and crunchy, almost like kibble she manages to eat her whole bowl every time. Taste of the wild wetlands dog food has lots of protein than other dog foods so your dogs actually eat less which saves you money. I highly recommend taste of the wild wetlands because its made for all dog stages and has real ingredients to manage your dogs.

• Flavor Selection:

Best tasting of Taste of wild

This is my dog's favorite flavor of this great brand of dog food. It has all the proper nutrients such as good protein (not bad ones like corn) which makes my dog's fur shiny and soft. He is also much more active these days. It also uses very natural ingredients, no signs of BHA, BHT, or ethoxyquin. They also do not use artificial coloring. This is such high quality dog food! Treat your pet and buy this for him/her.