4.9

4.9

Best Food for Best Value

from Atlanta, GA

About Me Long-time Pet Owner

Pros

• Dog Likes It
  • Easy To Digest
  • Good Value
  • Improves Coat
  • Nutritional
  • Tasty

• Active Dogs
    • Larger Dogs
    • Older Dogs

Comments about Taste of the Wild High Prairie Bison & Venison Dog Food:

Switched my dogs to this after Blue Buffalo prices went up and their quality/quantity went down. It has the highest rating( 6 out of 6 stars, vs Blur Buffalo's 4-star) on dogfoodanalysis.com, for less than I was paying for BB. My three Goldens are doing better than ever. They love this food and I love the price for the quality.

Better option than most others!

About Me Long-time Pet Owner

Pros

• Dog Likes It
    • Easy To Digest
    • Good Value
    • Improves Coat
    • Nutritional
    • Tasty

• Active Dogs
      • Larger Dogs

Comments about Taste of the Wild High Prairie Bison & Venison Dog Food:

We just recently switched our American Bulldog over to this from Purina Smartblend with lamb. The Purina seemed to cause him to puke fairly often, which was disconcerting to say the least. He did like it okay, but not anywhere close to this brand/selection. He actually looks forward to eating now, and hasn't had any puking episodes since taking him off of the other brand.

I would recommend, and I know this is common sense for most, gradually switching over from one brand to another. He went from a brand with a lot of fillers and grains to a much more natural (No grains & meat as first ingredient, for starters) food.

I love the grain free formula.

from West Virginia

Comments about Taste of the Wild High Prairie Bison & Venison Dog Food:

This product is grain free and loaded with protein. The protein amount in this is around 32% which is a huge amount. I've actually saw foods with as little as 7% protein in them. This actually has no grains whatsoever in it. It does have some vegetables and some root vegetables as well as a fruit or two but the fact that it is grain free is phenomenal to me.

The beagles love getting this food. They eat up every bite and fight for more of it. I do spend more now on quality foods than I used to but if it adds quality to my dogs lives and years to them, it's worth it. I would rather they eat a more expensive food and bring me joy for longer than for my wallet to be fuller and my animal to die sooner.

The food really does make a difference. I can tell the dogs have more energy, better coats, better teeth, and even better bathroom habits.

Quality of Ingredients
      The ingredients are amazing. It's grain free and it has a major amount of protein in it. It also has several varieties of protein in it.

Bison, lamb meal, chicken , sweet potatoes, peas, potatoes, canola oil, egg product, roasted bison, roasted venison, natural flavor, tomato , ocean fish meal, potato protein and the list goes on with great stuff.

I can question some ingredients but it's refreshing to see bison, lamb, chicken, fish, venison and so forth instead of seeing wheat germ and corn listed .

Flavor Selection
      They have so many choices available for every type of dog in every situation. You can't go wrong with this company.

• Flavor Selection:

A truly quality dog food

Comments about Taste of the Wild High Prairie Bison & Venison Dog Food:

When grain free dog foods first started hitting the market I must admit I was a bit skeptical. Growing up I had many dogs over the years live long lives on the cheap grocery store foods, so I assumed it was just a fad. When I got my Australian Shepherd 4 years ago, things began to change. He had very dry irritated skin, a variable appetite, and occasional vomiting. After several trips to the vet with no solid answer, I began to research his diet and was amazed at the things I was feeding him.

Quality of Ingredients
      When feeding Taste of the Wild Bison & Venison Dog Food I no longer have to wonder what I am feeding my dog, and I know the quality of the ingredients is exceptional. All of his issues have disappeared and he no longer leaves a food in his bowl. I have switched my other two dogs to Taste of the Wild as well and it eliminated my Doberman's gas issues as well as my Yorkshire Terrier's skin problems. No more medications or frequent vet visits, and my dogs look better than ever. Their eyes and coats are brighter, they produce less waste, and my Australian Shepherd's coat even changed colors by a few shades.

Flavor Selection
      Taste of the Wild offers several high quality flavors, but Prairie Bison & Venison is one of the favorites around here. I switch occasionally to give them some variety, but there is a noticeable difference in the excitement level at feeding time when I am feeding Prairie Bison & Venison.

• Flavor Selection:

All of my dogs love this dog food.

Comments about Taste of the Wild High Prairie Bison & Venison Dog Food:

Hello..We have three dogs. We have a german shepard and a small yorkie and a small chihuahua. We have tried several different brands and could not get all of them to like the same brand untill we found Taste of the Wild. The little dogs have some allergy issues and Taste of the Wild is grain free and all natural and I have seen a huge iprovement in their allergies. They have more energy and are eating alot better. Our german shepard is older and has some stomach problems on other foods but with Taste of the Wild she is also doing better now. She eats better with no more stomach problems. I highly reommend Taste of the Wild to anyone that has dogs. I haven't tried th cat food but if it's as good as the dog food I'm sure it's very good. We thank Taste of the Wild for making sure good products.

Quality of Ingredients
      They have very high quality ingredients and all of my dogs love it. I like that it is grain free. My small dogs have issues with allergies and they don't have any problems with Taste of the Wild

Flavor Selection
      They have alot of varities to choose form. My dogs have liked all of them expect for the salmon..not sure why but they love all the rest.

Better Food for my Fur Child

Comments about Taste of the Wild High Prairie Bison & Venison Dog Food:

I have a Great Dane/English Mastiff cross who is full of energy and is essentially a 100lb puppy. He has been on this food since he was two months old, when we first got him. He has only had one other type of food, (and I honestly do not remember the name of the brand but it was something that was supposed to be similar) when the local pet store ran out of his food one week. Compared to the other food, he eats less of the Taste of the Wild, it keeps his coat nice and shiny and seems to give him more energy overall. He has never had a reaction to it, as I have read with other types of dog food, and he eats every single piece. Yes, it is pricey compared to other brands, but I think it is worth every penny. He goes through about 80-100 lbs a month depending on how rambunctious he is - and that can seem like a big expense but I don't mind paying for high quality. My dog is a part of my family, and I like to give him the best food for him, which is Taste of the Wild.

Great for pets!

from Drakesboro, Ky

Comments about Taste of the Wild High Prairie Bison & Venison Dog Food:

After the way my cats inhaled their Taste of the Wild cat food, I decided to give it a try for my very picky finicky dog. Much to my surprise he actually liked it! I did still have to put a gravy on top of it to get him to eat it, but he ate all of it and I like that it is made of natural ingredients. My German Sheppard is like another child in the family, and just like my children I like to know exactly what my pet is eating. I can rest assured that the quality of ingredients is healthy for him and not filled with fillers like cheaper dog foods tend to have.

Quality of Ingredients
      I love how much natural ingredients are in the Taste of The Wild food products.

Flavor Selection
      A wide assortment is available. It took me a few minutes to figure out which one to try I will most assuredly be going back to try out others for my pet! I like that all the varieties include natural ingredients but the taste assortment is wide enough your likely to find at least one that your pet will like!

Comments about Taste of the Wild High Prairie Bison & Venison Dog Food:

I think the Taste of the Wild dog foods are great and I love to give my dog different kinds so he isn't eating the same old thing all the time. These dog foods are awesome because they are grain free. Many people don't realize that a lot of national dog food brand at ingredients to dog food that are not only not necessary but are very bad for dogs. These ingredients like corn and wheat and fillers can cause a lot of health problems for dogs like obesity and diabetes. Taste of the wild is an excellent food with high quality ingredients. There are no fillers like corn and wheat. It's filled with protein and fruits and vegetables. So I know when I feed my dog any Taste of the Wild product, he is getting a healthy meal and my dog loves this food! The Prairie Bison & Venison is one of his favourite kinds and it's fun to watch him getting all excited with his butt wagging when I get out the food. I would recommend this to anyone that has a dog and wants to feed it a healthy diet.

• Flavor Selection:

I love this, and my dogs do too!

Comments about Taste of the Wild High Prairie Bison & Venison Dog Food:

I have two adult golden retrievers who always struggled with weight issues. We didn't feed them much, but they were always hungry when we purchased the cheap mega-bags of food. Once we switched to this product, our dogs started losing weight! They were energized, full after meals, and their coats came in wonderfully. This is a great product. It may cost more at first, but the dogs are actually satisfied after the meal.

My Lab loves it!

Comments about Taste of the Wild High Prairie Bison & Venison Dog Food:

Almost like home cooked food. No wheat, soy or corn, which my dog is allergic and/ or sensitive to.

Quality of Ingredients
      100% Good stuff for my dogs. When the first ingredient is MEAT and not a meal filler, we are on to something good for my dogs.

Flavor Selection
      They could find a few more flavors I think. Bison. Salmon. Not exactly exciting flavors, but it's wonderful these are all natural with no artificial flavors or ingredients added.