4.8
74198609642
Taste of the Wild High Prairie Bison & Venison Dog Food

Taste of the Wild High Prairie Bison & Venison Dog Food

4.8

Pros

• Dog likes it (6)
  • Nutritional (6)
  • Easy to digest (5)
  • Good value (4)
  • Improves coat (4)

• Larger dogs (5)
  • Active dogs (4)
  • Older dogs (3)
    • Reviewer Profile:
    • Long-time pet owner (5)

Praire Bison and Venison dog food, like a treat in every morse

Taste of the Wild dog food, especially the Bison/Venison flavor is absolutely wonderful. We have a Rottweiler and Shepherd mix who is especially picky as well as gluten intolerant and this food is the.best.thing.ever for him. It is very nutritionally sound, the first 5, and therefore main ingredients are bison, venison, lamb meal, chicken meal, and egg. All solid protein sources. It's also grain free, corn free, and soy free. Plus, it's chalk full of awesome other ingredients like sweet potatoe, berries, and peas.

Our pup eats about 1.5 cups a day, and a friend's full grown Mastiff eats about 2 cups a day. Because it's so protein dense and not full of fillers they don't require as much to eat. Not only does this save money in the long run but it also reduces the amount of waste that you have to clean up ;)

Pretty much so good that I don't cringe when my toddler manages to eat a couple pieces before I can rescue the dog and the food dish.

I have 4 large dogs.....

Of my four large dogs all of them love this food except one. She literally runs from it if offered a bowl. If I put a few pieces of this food on the floor for her she instinctively chooses to roll around on top of it instead of eat it. Not sure if that's a good thing or not but I figure 3/4 isn't bad at all! My only complaint would be that it isn't in very large bags and costs quite a bit more than my budget can handle. Especially for feeding 4 big dogs . So I buy this product and mix it with a large bag of Pedigree food because it's more budget friendly for my circumstances. It's a very nutritional food though and I get only the one picky eater who won't touch it. I recommend it.

The best hands down!

from Appleton, WI

About Me Long-time Pet Owner

Pros

• Dog Likes It
  • Good Value
  • Improves Coat
  • Nutritional

Comments about Taste of the Wild High Prairie Bison & Venison Dog Food:

All of my pets, including my fosters, eat Taste of the Wild. I can't believe how shiny their coats become. They eat less compared to the food that is filled with fillers and their "outdoor" business is much smaller.

Dog Loves It

from Cincinnati, Ohio

About Me Long-time Pet Owner

Pros

• Dog Likes It
    • Easy To Digest
    • Nutritional
    • Tasty

Cons

• Expensive

Comments about Taste of the Wild High Prairie Bison & Venison Dog Food:

My dog was eating this for a while and really enjoyed it. Kind of on the expensive side but worth it for the ingredients. It was hard to find locally so I started ordering online. Recently switched to the pacific stream flavor due to a dog I'm sitting allergy (can only eat fish) and it's just as great.

I have 4 large dogs.....

from Nice, CA

About Me Long-time Pet Owner

Pros

• Dog Likes It
      • Easy To Digest
      • Improves Coat
      • Nutritional
      • Tasty

Cons

• Expensive

• Special Needs

Comments about Taste of the Wild High Prairie Bison & Venison Dog Food:

I will always buy this !

from Indiana

About Me New Owner

Pros

• Dog Likes It
      • Easy To Digest
      • Good Value
      • Nutritional

• Puppies

Comments about Taste of the Wild High Prairie Bison & Venison Dog Food:

We switched our puppy to this when we first bought her and it was such an easy transition. We Were even able to get my parents to switch to it and it helped their puppy!

Best Food for Best Value

from Atlanta, GA

About Me Long-time Pet Owner

Pros

• Dog Likes It
        • Easy To Digest
        • Good Value
        • Improves Coat
        • Nutritional
        • Tasty

Comments about Taste of the Wild High Prairie Bison & Venison Dog Food:

Switched my dogs to this after Blue Buffalo prices went up and their quality/quantity went down. It has the highest rating( 6 out of 6 stars, vs Blur Buffalo's 4-star) on dogfoodanalysis.com, for less than I was paying for BB. My three Goldens are doing better than ever. They love this food and I love the price for the quality.

Better option than most others!

About Me Long-time Pet Owner

Pros

• Dog Likes It
          • Easy To Digest
          • Good Value
          • Improves Coat
          • Nutritional
          • Tasty

Comments about Taste of the Wild High Prairie Bison & Venison Dog Food:

We just recently switched our American Bulldog over to this from Purina Smartblend with lamb. The Purina seemed to cause him to puke fairly often, which was disconcerting to say the least. He did like it okay, but not anywhere close to this brand/selection. He actually looks forward to eating now, and hasn't had any puking episodes since taking him off of the other brand.

I would recommend, and I know this is common sense for most, gradually switching over from one brand to another. He went from a brand with a lot of fillers and grains to a much more natural (No grains & meat as first ingredient, for starters) food.

I love the grain free formula.

from Princeton, WV

Comments about Taste of the Wild High Prairie Bison & Venison Dog Food:

This product is grain free and loaded with protein. The protein amount in this is around 32% which is a huge amount. I've actually saw foods with as little as 7% protein in them. This actually has no grains whatsoever in it. It does have some vegetables and some root vegetables as well as a fruit or two but the fact that it is grain free is phenomenal to me.

The beagles love getting this food. They eat up every bite and fight for more of it. I do spend more now on quality foods than I used to but if it adds quality to my dogs lives and years to them, it's worth it. I would rather they eat a more expensive food and bring me joy for longer than for my wallet to be fuller and my animal to die sooner.

The food really does make a difference. I can tell the dogs have more energy, better coats, better teeth, and even better bathroom habits.

Quality of Ingredients
            The ingredients are amazing. It's grain free and it has a major amount of protein in it. It also has several varieties of protein in it.

Bison, lamb meal, chicken , sweet potatoes, peas, potatoes, canola oil, egg product, roasted bison, roasted venison, natural flavor, tomato , ocean fish meal, potato protein and the list goes on with great stuff.

I can question some ingredients but it's refreshing to see bison, lamb, chicken, fish, venison and so forth instead of seeing wheat germ and corn listed .

Flavor Selection
            They have so many choices available for every type of dog in every situation. You can't go wrong with this company.

• Flavor Selection:

A truly quality dog food

Comments about Taste of the Wild High Prairie Bison & Venison Dog Food:

When grain free dog foods first started hitting the market I must admit I was a bit skeptical. Growing up I had many dogs over the years live long lives on the cheap grocery store foods, so I assumed it was just a fad. When I got my Australian Shepherd 4 years ago, things began to change. He had very dry irritated skin, a variable appetite, and occasional vomiting. After several trips to the vet with no solid answer, I began to research his diet and was amazed at the things I was feeding him.

Quality of Ingredients
            When feeding Taste of the Wild Bison & Venison Dog Food I no longer have to wonder what I am feeding my dog, and I know the quality of the ingredients is exceptional. All of his issues have disappeared and he no longer leaves a food in his bowl. I have switched my other two dogs to Taste of the Wild as well and it eliminated my Doberman's gas issues as well as my Yorkshire Terrier's skin problems. No more medications or frequent vet visits, and my dogs look better than ever. Their eyes and coats are brighter, they produce less waste, and my Australian Shepherd's coat even changed colors by a few shades.

Flavor Selection
            Taste of the Wild offers several high quality flavors, but Prairie Bison & Venison is one of the favorites around here. I switch occasionally to give them some variety, but there is a noticeable difference in the excitement level at feeding time when I am feeding Prairie Bison & Venison.

• Flavor Selection:

All of my dogs love this dog food.

Comments about Taste of the Wild High Prairie Bison & Venison Dog Food:

Hello..We have three dogs. We have a german shepard and a small yorkie and a small chihuahua. We have tried several different brands and could not get all of them to like the same brand untill we found Taste of the Wild. The little dogs have some allergy issues and Taste of the Wild is grain free and all natural and I have seen a huge iprovement in their allergies. They have more energy and are eating alot better. Our german shepard is older and has some stomach problems on other foods but with Taste of the Wild she is also doing better now. She eats better with no more stomach problems. I highly reommend Taste of the Wild to anyone that has dogs. I haven't tried th cat food but if it's as good as the dog food I'm sure it's very good. We thank Taste of the Wild for making sure good products.

Quality of Ingredients
            They have very high quality ingredients and all of my dogs love it. I like that it is grain free. My small dogs have issues with allergies and they don't have any problems with Taste of the Wild

Flavor Selection
            They have alot of varities to choose form. My dogs have liked all of them expect for the salmon..not sure why but they love all the rest.

Better Food for my Fur Child

Comments about Taste of the Wild High Prairie Bison & Venison Dog Food:

I have a Great Dane/English Mastiff cross who is full of energy and is essentially a 100lb puppy. He has been on this food since he was two months old, when we first got him. He has only had one other type of food, (and I honestly do not remember the name of the brand but it was something that was supposed to be similar) when the local pet store ran out of his food one week. Compared to the other food, he eats less of the Taste of the Wild, it keeps his coat nice and shiny and seems to give him more energy overall. He has never had a reaction to it, as I have read with other types of dog food, and he eats every single piece. Yes, it is pricey compared to other brands, but I think it is worth every penny. He goes through about 80-100 lbs a month depending on how rambunctious he is - and that can seem like a big expense but I don't mind paying for high quality. My dog is a part of my family, and I like to give him the best food for him, which is Taste of the Wild.