4.1

4.1

Pros

Cons

• Brew Performance:

Excellent when you want a single cup of any type of hot beverage

First of all, I am not a coffee drinker.  My wife is also not a regular coffee drinker.  You might say its crazy to have this expensive coffee maker in that case, but that is why I am writing this review.I bought this coffee maker for my wife Christmas of 2005 which means we have now had it for just over 2 full years.  In that time, my wife has been pregnant twice, meaning that what hot beverages she drinks has changed a lot.  We use the machine for coffee, Cappucinos, hot chocolate, and teas both when we have guests over and when its just her and I.  We love how easy it is to fire up a cup and even how easy it is to keep clean.The device is simple, you put in a small disc which has a bar code on top.  The disc contains everything the drink needs including a filter.  The machine reads the bar code to find out how long to brew the coffee or tea and how hot to make it.  You push one button, and it does it.  When it completes you can hold down the button to push more water through it if you want it more watered down.The downsides to the device are the following: - No way to adjust the temperature.  Some people like an extra hot beverage, this won't happen with this device.  A friend of ours who has one microwaves her drinks immediately afterwards.

- No way to create stronger beverages.  If its not the strength you like, you are in trouble.

- Most of the drinks are small, only 6-8 ounces

The first two may be impossible without losing it simplicity, but it is a downside to the device.Even with these downsides, we love our Tassimo.  We use the website to regularly order discs and keep a lot in stock for ourselves and visitors.  Even if you are a pot a day coffee drinker, you might like this for the other beverages.  My sister and brother in law use it just for the other drinks and for entertaining.

Two yr old unit broke. Braun returned unrepaired- "Buy new one"

Unit less than 2 years old stopped functioning properly. Liquid pods would not empty (hot chocolate, cappacino milk/creamer).  Support suggested we de-scale the unit which did not help.  Another support call resulted in a pre-paid box sent to ship the box.  Unit shipped back with the following message:

Repair costs exceed the price of new unit.

The Very Best for Espresso Based Coffee Drinks!

from Hartford, CT

Comments about Tassimo by Bosch Single-Cup Hot Beverage System:

The Tassimo was my very first experience with a single cup brewer and I loved it!

I used to love cappuccinos and lattes and this was the perfect machine for me! I didn't want to have an espresso machine with a dangerous milk foamer so this was ideal.

I loved the little T-Discs that came in so many flavors. I mainly got the hot chocolate, latte, and cappuccino discs. I loved that they provided everything you needed for the perfect espresso based drink - the milk and coffee were all right there.

I loved the fact that the Tassimo read the barcode on each disc so it knew exactly how much water to use, etc. so I didn't need to interfere or press multiple buttons. I just popped the espresso disc in and then after that was done brewing, the milk disc.

It is incredibly easy to use and the flavor from the coffee is amazing.

Tassimo is the ideal single cup maker for those of us who love our espresso drinks and I cannot recommend it enough!

TassImo Hot Beverage System is Fantastic

from Palm Springs, CA

Comments about Tassimo by Bosch Single-Cup Hot Beverage System:

We Purchased this at Christmas and we are using it like mad, coffee is always perfect!  I have brewed coffee and also Hot Chocolate and love them both, this is one nice machine. We are able to get two cups off one brew but then we do not like Strong coffee.  It is easy to clean, easy to fill and you don't have to fill it every day, as the well keeps plenty of water available for a quick cup in the morning.It's a great machine for the money it's easy to clean with a reusable descaler, a very handy utensil, and it keeps the coffee or other beverages tasting great.  There are several different brand of T Disks that work with this machine, Maxwell House is out latest  find and it's delicious and such a good smell. We also like the Tassimo T-Disc and Starbucks T-Disc's. We often use our insulated coffee mugs and this keeps the coffee hot till the last drop. Right from the Pod to the car and off we go...

Best of all it doesn't take up a lot of room on the counter, it's ready to go and it looks neat and tidy on the cabinet.

Brew Performance
this is the best coffee ever!

Clean up is a breeze`

So easy to use, takes all of 3 minutes and coffee it ready to go

Looks great on the counter.

this has been in use awhile now and still looks and delivers coffee every morning quickly and always has delivers a great cup of coffee

• Brew Performance:

Easy to make, yummy coffee!

from Rochester, NY

Comments about Tassimo by Bosch Single-Cup Hot Beverage System:

This machine is great.  It is easy to use and makes a great cup of coffee.  It is also relatively easy to clean when it needs it.  For the most part, this is an excellent buy for anyone who just wants a few cups of coffee per day.  The only problems I have with this machine are that the T-discs get kind of expensive.  The plain coffe is not very expensive but the cappucinos and lattes are a bit on the pricey side.  The only other complaint I have is that you can't just buy the milk discs which would be good for me because I like to make the hot chocolate with a milk.

it's a no-go for Tassimo!!!

from Boston, MA

Comments about Tassimo by Bosch Single-Cup Hot Beverage System:

my husband bought me this because on occasion I like a single cup of cappucino, my son wanted coffee and hubby wanted tea. we thought this would solve our hot beverage needs. well, it worked a couple of times but then just stopped. sounded like the motor died. could't return it because store went out of business. when we called tassimo they sent us a new one...same thing:didn't work! then ended up with a third one that wouldn't work so we just tossed it. the company wants you to call and they run you through all these tests. when they heard what ours sounded like they seemed to give up. I really wish it had worked! I am a young disabled person and thought it would be perfect for someone like me, but no such luck.I hate Tassimo!!

The best thing since sliced bread

from Amarillo, TX

Comments about Tassimo by Bosch Single-Cup Hot Beverage System:

This is a wonderful invention.  I love my Tassimo.  I can make my coffee on my way out the door because it really does only take 1 minute to brew a cup of coffee!!!!!!!!!!  It was worth every penny.  Would recommend it to any coffee lover.

Great machine, wish there was more selection in coffees

from Holland, NY

Comments about Tassimo by Bosch Single-Cup Hot Beverage System:

If you like barista style coffee - espresso, lattes, cappucino, macchiatos - this is the machine for you. No other coffee maker can get you those coffees at home without a big price tag! I do wish that there was more selection in brands of coffee though.

I've never had to clean mine!

• Brew Performance:

Two yr old unit broke. Braun returned unrepaired- "Buy new one"

from Boca Raton, FL

Comments about Tassimo by Bosch Single-Cup Hot Beverage System:

Repair costs exceed the price of new unit.

The Tassimo seves up hot fresh coffee in seconds.

from Garland, TX

Comments about Tassimo by Bosch Single-Cup Hot Beverage System:

I received the Tassimo Hot Beverage System for Christmas several years ago and have enjoyed quick delicious coffee ever since. I must admit, I am a bit of a coffee junkie… I have three different coffee makers sitting on my counter, as well as a burr grinder. The Tassimo fills a need perfectly… fast, convenient coffee that tastes as good as your average chain coffee offerings.

This machine really shines when you want a mocha quickly on Sunday morning without the hassle of grinding the beans, tamping, brewing, frothing, etc, etc… just put in the cappuccino T-Discs, followed by a hot chocolate T-Disc and you have yourself a perfect mocha with nearly zero cleanup and all in a minute or two.

The Tassimo reads the barcode from each individual T-Disc so that it can adjust the way it brews each cup accordingly. This results if great coffee with no effort at all.

The only problem I have ever had is, when using a large mug with the drip tray removed, the water overflow can leak all over the counter. I have learned that there is a grace period to remove the mug and replace the drip tray… but you’ve gotta be quick.

Overall, this coffee maker fills a need perfectly… quick, tasty coffee with no hassle.

The Tassimo makes coffee, tea, & hot chocolate using "T" disk

from South Park, PA

Comments about Tassimo by Bosch Single-Cup Hot Beverage System:

I love the Tassimo.  I just place a "T" disk in the machine and have coffee, tea, or espresso in under 3 minutes.

If I want a  cappuccino or hot chocolate I add a milk disk and have my drink in under 5 minutes.  I don't have the hassle of a big clean up, I just rinse the puncher off after each use and wipe the whole machine down every couple of days.

I can upgrade my cappuccino into a mocha by adding a good quality chocolate to the mug after brewing.  I can even make a peppermint mocha or orange mocha by adding store bought extracts.  I have saved so much money by NOT going to the coffee houses to buy my mochas.  I make one every morning before work.

Tassimo offers auto delivery which makes it easy keep my supply from running out.There is something for everyone's taste and more items are added frequently.

The only con is that the machine if very loud when your beverage is brewing.

Lived up to it's reputation for a while

from Eagle Mountain, UT

Comments about Tassimo by Bosch Single-Cup Hot Beverage System:

Well I must say, my review will go two ways here.

When I first purchased my braun Tassimo machine I fell in love. I joined the club, and received shipments of all my favorite blends, and I loved that unlike other single serve coffee machines it had milk pods so you could have lattes.

It worked great for a while. Although the pump was very loud. My main complaint at this point was the strength of the beverages. Everything was so strong! The tea especially. I had to keep adding water manually just to make it drinkable.

Then the pods started leaking and exploding all over the place. Or the milk wouldn't drain all the way so I would just have watery drinks.

I called customer service and they told me to descale the machine (which I had done) so they sent me a box to ship it in.

I sent it back and apparently they couldn't repair it but sent me a new one. Great! But.... there is a new manufacturer and new design with a strength selector, but I am very unsure of what to do. I feel like they just pawned off another machine that is going to break and would have much rather been sent a new style, but it was free so I won't complain too much.