Other Foundations:
Tarte
Tarte Amazonian Clay 12-Hour Full Coverage Foundation SPF 15

Tarte Amazonian Clay 12-Hour Full Coverage Foundation SPF 15

Pros

• Good pigmentation (4)
  • Long-lasting (4)
  • Matte finish (4)
  • Blends well (3)
  • Easy to apply (3)

Cons

• Acne-prone or oily skin (3)
  • Full coverage (3)
    • Reviewer Profile:
    • Brand buyer (3)

very full coverage

from vermilion oh

About Me Brand Buyer

Pros

• Good Pigmentation
  • Long-Lasting
  • Matte Finish

Cons

• Heavy

Comments about Tarte Amazonian Clay 12-Hour Full Coverage Foundation SPF 15:

This unfortunately didn't work for me. But if you have oily skin and want full coverage, I think you will love it! I have dry skin and it showed all my drier areas after applying. And then looked worse later in the day. I still give it 4 stars because the product itself is great, it just doesn't fit my skin type.

My favorite summertime foundation!

from Lincoln, NE

About Me Brand Buyer

Pros

• Blends Well
  • Easy To Apply
  • Goes On Smoothly
  • Good Pigmentation
  • Lightweight
  • Long-Lasting

• Light To Medium Coverage

Comments about Tarte Amazonian Clay 12-Hour Full Coverage Foundation SPF 15:

My skin changes drastically depending on the season. In the summer my skin is incredibly oil and I had a hard time finding a foundation that gave me the coverage I needed and could stand up to my oily skin and the humidity of where I live. I love this Tarte foundation for the summertime because it feels light weight and doesn't melt off in the heat.

My favorite foundation

from Exeter, CA

About Me Brand Buyer

Pros

• Blends Well
    • Easy To Apply
    • Goes On Smoothly
    • Good Pigmentation
    • Long-Lasting
    • Matte Finish
    • Noncomodegenic

• Normal Skin

Comments about Tarte Amazonian Clay 12-Hour Full Coverage Foundation SPF 15:

This is my favorite. I like the coverage it gives with a brush. I've used a beauty blender too, but prefer the look with the brush. It's full-coverage but I don't find it heavy or uncomfortable. It blends nicely and looks good. It is long-lasting and matte. I love the Tarte brand because they use ingredients that are good for your skin and are cruelty free.

My skin but sloop much better!!

from Binghamton, NY

About Me Budget Buyer

Pros

• Blends Well
      • Easy To Apply
      • Goes On Smoothly
      • Good Pigmentation
      • Long-Lasting
      • Matte Finish

• Dry Skin
        • Normal Skin
        • Sensitive Skin

Comments about Tarte Amazonian Clay 12-Hour Full Coverage Foundation SPF 15:

I used this foundation all the time. It is a great full coverage foundation. It is great for my skin because I used to have really bad breakouts but the Amazonian clay in this products helps to prevent breakouts and I loveee it!!!

Didn't work for my oily skin

Comments about Tarte Amazonian Clay 12-Hour Full Coverage Foundation SPF 15:

I purchased this foundation because I like that the brand Tarte is cruelty free and tries to focus on using more natural ingredients. I also liked that it had a bit of SPF for sun protection.

I have mixed feelings about this Tarte foundation, I'm just not sure it is right for my skin type. There are several things I really like about this foundation. For one, the texture of the foundation is nice. It is thicker. I actually like the thickness as it doesn't run in your hands and it is easily spreadable. The foundation quickly absorbs and did not oxidize on my skin. I also like the coverage of this foundation. I would say it is medium to full coverage. This foundation also never caused me to break out even though I have acne prone skin.

However there are a few things I didn't like about this foundation. I have oily skin and work 9 hour days. This foundation did not last the whole day and began to become oily (even with primer and setting powder) around lunchtime 4 hours in. I noticed that a few hours in the foundation also began to cake up near my chin and nose area.

Although I like the texture and coverage of this foundation, I would not recommend using this Tarte foundation alone for oily skin.

I like this Tarte Foundation, but I was expecting more.

from Camp Lejeune, NC

Comments about Tarte Amazonian Clay 12-Hour Full Coverage Foundation SPF 15:

I was running out of my Tarte Smooth Operator Tinted Moisturizer (which I loved), so I decided to try their new foundation, **Tarte Amazonian Clay 12-Hour Full Coverage Foundation SPF 15**. I haven't used a full coverage foundation in years and wanted to try one that was natural and not tested on animals, so here we are.

What I like about this product:

I found a color that matches my skin color almost perfectly. It has a mousse-like texture that goes on nicely and provides a bit more coverage that my Tarte Smooth Operator. It contains tons of vitamins and ingredients that are good for your skin, so that's nice too.

What I don't like about it:

I HAVE to apply a moisturizer before using this product. I was so used to my Tarte Smooth Operator being a moisturizer and foundation in-one, that when I applied the Amazonian Clay 12-Hour Full Coverage Foundation by itself, my skin looked dry and not as healthy as it did. However, if you apply moisturizer first, you're good to go. Also, I was expecting a little bit more coverage since this is a "full coverage" foundation, but I feel that it's lacking a little bit in that area.

I do find that when I layer this liquid foundation under mineral, powder foundation, my face looks flawless. That's an extra step and another expense, but if you want perfect skin, that system works!