3.5
Tarte
Tarte Amazonian Clay 12-Hour Full Coverage Foundation SPF 15

Tarte Amazonian Clay 12-Hour Full Coverage Foundation SPF 15

3.5

Didn't work for my oily skin

Comments about Tarte Amazonian Clay 12-Hour Full Coverage Foundation SPF 15:

I purchased this foundation because I like that the brand Tarte is cruelty free and tries to focus on using more natural ingredients. I also liked that it had a bit of SPF for sun protection.

I have mixed feelings about this Tarte foundation, I'm just not sure it is right for my skin type. There are several things I really like about this foundation. For one, the texture of the foundation is nice. It is thicker. I actually like the thickness as it doesn't run in your hands and it is easily spreadable. The foundation quickly absorbs and did not oxidize on my skin. I also like the coverage of this foundation. I would say it is medium to full coverage. This foundation also never caused me to break out even though I have acne prone skin.

However there are a few things I didn't like about this foundation. I have oily skin and work 9 hour days. This foundation did not last the whole day and began to become oily (even with primer and setting powder) around lunchtime 4 hours in. I noticed that a few hours in the foundation also began to cake up near my chin and nose area.

Although I like the texture and coverage of this foundation, I would not recommend using this Tarte foundation alone for oily skin.

I like this Tarte Foundation, but I was expecting more.

from Camp Lejeune, NC

Comments about Tarte Amazonian Clay 12-Hour Full Coverage Foundation SPF 15:

I was running out of my Tarte Smooth Operator Tinted Moisturizer (which I loved), so I decided to try their new foundation, **Tarte Amazonian Clay 12-Hour Full Coverage Foundation SPF 15**. I haven't used a full coverage foundation in years and wanted to try one that was natural and not tested on animals, so here we are.

What I like about this product:

I found a color that matches my skin color almost perfectly. It has a mousse-like texture that goes on nicely and provides a bit more coverage that my Tarte Smooth Operator. It contains tons of vitamins and ingredients that are good for your skin, so that's nice too.

What I don't like about it:

I HAVE to apply a moisturizer before using this product. I was so used to my Tarte Smooth Operator being a moisturizer and foundation in-one, that when I applied the Amazonian Clay 12-Hour Full Coverage Foundation by itself, my skin looked dry and not as healthy as it did. However, if you apply moisturizer first, you're good to go. Also, I was expecting a little bit more coverage since this is a "full coverage" foundation, but I feel that it's lacking a little bit in that area.

I do find that when I layer this liquid foundation under mineral, powder foundation, my face looks flawless. That's an extra step and another expense, but if you want perfect skin, that system works!