3.7

Pros

Cons

Makes Dingy Silver Sparkle Again

Comments about Tarn-X Tarnish Remover:

I used Tarn-X on some sterling silver jewelry that had become dingy and brown. In no time at all Tarn-X made my jewelry look like I had just purchased it! It does have a terribly strong smell so please use in a well-ventilated area! I also recommend wearing gloves since it has some pretty strong chemicals.

Quickly left my silver looking brand new again! A little goes a long way!

Tarn-X does have a TERRIBLE smell! Eak! I would definitely recommend that you open a window or run some fans while you are cleaning your jewelry. It smells terrible and I doubt that it's safe to inhale it!

Do Not use this product!

Comments about Tarn-X Tarnish Remover:

I'm a professional silver restoration, conservation, and preservationist. Tarn-X was created to quickly remove tarnish from silver. Consequently, it leaves the surface like a sponge, allowing tarnish to form more quickly. Tarn-X also contains chemicals that should only be used in a professional setting, like a silversmith's workshop. I receive many objects that have been soaked in Tarn-X to be repatinated, as this chemical will remove factory-applied patinas. There are absolutely no positive attributes to using Tarn-X.

Tarn-X works!

Comments about Tarn-X Tarnish Remover:

Tarn-x works to remove tarnish but I think that it smells terrible! Must wear gloves and work with in a well ventilated area. This is the best product I have found to remove tarnish.

Best I've found

Foul

Tarn-X Tarnish Remover brings silver up like new again.

from New Port Richey, FL

Comments about Tarn-X Tarnish Remover:

I have been using Tarn-X Tarnish Remover for over 20 years now. I reckon the bottle I have has to be 10 years old, and it still works great.

I mainly wear gold, but do have a couple of pieces of jewelery that are silver. I can have them polished at the jewelers, or use my own machine, but if I want them really clean, I use Tarn-X.

It states to use gloves when cleaning. Use either a soft cloth or a cotton ball, and dip it into the Tarn-X. Wipe it over the item you want cleaned. Rinse it well with hot water, and then dry the item.

I have a 1879 silver sixpence ring, with a big heavy shank. Every 2 or 3 months I clean it with Tarn-X, and when I look at the cloth it has black on it. My ring shines as if it were new, and I have had it for over 40 years.

Tarn-X does have a strong, unpleasant smell to it, so I make sure that I am in a large area with plenty of ventilation.

Fantastic product, and it will last for years. It can also be used on platinum, copper, gold, and diamonds, but I haven't tried it on these.

Makes silver look brand new.

Strong smell, which I don't like.

oh no!!!!!!!!!

from Minneapolis, MN

Comments about Tarn-X Tarnish Remover:

Ok, I have a thing for old silverplated things, and I find them at the thrift shop, so I have quite a few. I personally think they look cool with some tarnish - gives them character, right? But Mom, it never fails that she reminds me that tarnish (allegedly) causes pits in silver, and is bad, bad, bad. My response would be, who cares, I got it for a few bucks at the THRIFT SHOP for goodness sake!!! but being the daughter that I am, when Mom's coming for a visit, I feel guilted into polishing the silver. NOT A JOB I LIKE!!! I have the little tubs with the sponge and they work well, I've tried the aluminum foil with soda trick - NOT recommended, so when I spotted Tarn-X at Menards, I thought, what the heck, I'll try it. MISTAKE!!!!! It turned a neat old silver plated pitcher a weird whitish color, and didn't remove all the tarnish. If it had been a favorite piece I would have freaked! Reading the label I see "do not use on artificially oxidized silver" - is this what I have? I have no clue, but I do know, I am NOT going to use this on any of my other pieces. Proceed with caution!

Removes tarnish in a matter of seconds!

from Northern, FL

Comments about Tarn-X Tarnish Remover:

I make recipe card holders out of old silver forks. I collect the forks at garage sales and thrift shops. They are often badly tarnished so they are overlooked by others. **Tarn-X tarnish remover** helps me laugh as I pick up pieces for a dime or quarter. (Do you know what the going rate for silver is these days?)

Besides my fork project, I just love the gleam of shiny silver, however, it is a bear to keep it that way. Once tarnish takes over a piece of silver the item just isn't pretty. It takes on a dull, greyish tint that is less than desirable, at least in my eyes. I used to shy away from buying too many silver pieces until I discovered **Tarn-X tarnish remover**.

**Tarn-X** is the original "*wipe & rinse*" tarnish remover.  It magically cleans sterling silver, silver plate, platinum, copper, gold and diamonds. Either wipe or dip the item into the Tarn-X, wait a second and "poof!" tarnish is gone. Tarn-X removes all tarnish without the need to rub and scrub. It eliminates the mess that get down into small crevices and ha to be brushed out. Although Tarn-X is amazing on silver, platinum, copper and gold, it is NOT to be used on stainless steel, chrome, pewter, aluminum, brass, artificially oxidized silver, lacquered surfaces, pearls or porous stones.

**Bottom Line:**

I keep a jar of Tarn-X under my sink. It is always on hand to dip or immerse silver jewelry pieces or silverware at a moments notice.