Other Kitchen Ranges:
Tappan Signature 2000 Range

Tappan Signature 2000 Range

Reliable, Durable, and Inexpensive

Comments about Tappan Signature 2000 Range:

I bought this Tappan electric range two and a half years ago. I use a lot of cast iron pans and it is not recommended to use cast iron pans on the newer flat top ranges. I wanted an electric range and found very few options without flat tops.

My husband liked the look of this stove. It looks very nice with our vintage inspired kitchen. Our other appliances are black. I like how this range is both black and white. It goes well with our black appliances, but it keeps the kitchen from feeling too dark with all of the black.

It has held up very well. It's not quite as easy to clean as the flat top ranges, but it doesn't scratch. The oven is off by a couple of degrees, so I would invest in an oven thermometer if you do a lot of baking. It has a self cleaning option and it works very well. It takes about 10 minutes to preheat.

I have needed to replace the drip pans a few times, but they are a standard size. They are widely available and inexpensive.

• Temperature Control:
  • Heat Distribution:

Long-lasting but not modern

from Glendora, CA

Comments about Tappan Signature 2000 Range:

We moved into our new apartment recently and the manager offered to let us keep the oven that the previous renters had left behind. Apparently it has been in the same apartment for a few years now, and renters have chosen to keep it. We kept it because it was much cheaper for us than buying a new oven. For the most part, we are happy with this oven. Its functions are pretty basic but what it does, it does well. The only complaint here is that the start-up takes some time, but that's to be expected from an oven that's been around for some time. Clean-up is also fairly easy. There is no display window, but as I mentioned before, this isn't exactly the newest oven out there, so that's not the most surprising fact. Overall, this is a good oven that has evidently lasted a long time and we don't plan on replacing it anytime soon. In fact, we might just leave it for the next renters when they come around. ;)