Other Self Tanners & Bronzers:

TanTowel Classic Self-Tan Towelette For Face & Body

Pros

Cons

love this product

I use to be an avid tanner... tanning outside and in tanning beds, but the older i get, the more wrinkles i see, and the more stories of cancer i hear about. So i have turned to self-tanning products to help me maintain a golden glow all year round.
I use to work at a tanning salon and had the luxury of getting free airbrush tans every week, but since leaving that job the cost and upkeep of getting an airbrush has become more difficult. In my attempts to save money and also maintain my tan i have tried many differebr brands of self-tanner.

I have very sensitive skin and any time i would put body self tanner on my face i would breakout, so i began searching for self-tanners specifically targeted for the face. After reading great reviews about tan towel i decided to give it a try.

I was not disappointed at all. The towel makes it easy and mess free to create a natural looking tan. I made the mistake of using up the whole face towel in one use and looked way too tan so after some trial and error i started using only small sections of the towel each morning before applying my face lotion, and then i would seal it back up in a ziploc bag for my next use. I am able to use a single face towel for the whole week to achieve a natural looking face glow.
Great product and i highly recommend.

The TanTowel is hard to use and leaves streaks!

I normally use MyChelle Del Sol Sunless Tanner, but I received a sample of **TanTowel Classic Self-Tan Towelettes** so I figured I would try them. First of all, they contain two types of parabens, so I would never buy these because of that alone, but after using the **TanTowel**, I can say that I wouldn't buy them even if they were paraben-free.

The only thing I did like about this product was the fact that it turned my skin a nice tan color. It's not orange or unnatural looking...however, what DOES look bad are the streaks of white all over my legs! I know that I rubbed that towel all over my legs and even went over my legs again just in case I missed a spot. The results? Streaks from where I missed areas. In some cases, large areas. One reason why I prefer creamy, lotion types of sunless tanner is because I can see and feel exactly where I applied the product.

Ease of Application
You would think the ease of application would have been easy since all you do is rub a damp towel over your body, but each time I tried to use the towel it would bunch up and be hard to use, so I would have to unravel it and try again.

The TanTowel stinks. Their terminology of the scent, "light citrus fragrance" vastly differs from mine. I LOVE citrus and this towel smells like a household cleaning product!

Longevity
I can't tell you how long the tan lasted because after I noticed the God-awful streaking, I took a bath and rubbed my skin with a washcloth and exfoliated with a sugar scrub to try and get as much off as possible.

Awesome!

from Scarborough maine

About Me First Time User

Pros

• Effective

Cons

• Men
    • Women

Comments about TanTowel Classic Self-Tan Towelette For Face & Body:

Great product, application was easy and even, would use again and again

Perfect tan with no streaks! Instant color and no mess

Comments about TanTowel Classic Self-Tan Towelette For Face & Body:

They work instantly, you get 4 shades darker minutes after you use the cloth which progressively darkens throughout two hours. No stains or smelly after use, no streaks, beach tan that looks natural.... Not one person believed me that I used these towelettes To get such great better then a spray tan from a salon results.

Lasted a couple days, easy and fast to use. Drys instantly with no smell! 10 stars!

Ease of Application
    Great for a tan on the go or for dancers/ go go industry etc prior to starting work.
    Dried a minute after I put on and instantly noticed the tan that formed finishing applying to the rest of my body.

No odor or smell which made me very satisfied and a product I always suggest. No Messy orange stains on my clothing like the products ice used from other places, this never came off on my clothes which I loved. Usually other products or spray tans make you smell like walking poster add for everyone to know you just had a spray tan.

Longevity
    Instant color and progressed each hour all day. Lasted for 4 days, the first two styed the darkest.
    Just from one towelette application,

• Longevity:

A creative way for a no- sun tan.

Comments about TanTowel Classic Self-Tan Towelette For Face & Body:

Within just a couple of hours you will notice a change to your skins appearance. The towelettes leave your skin looking radiant with a natural-looking glow. The more you use this product the deeper your tan becomes. It makes your skin soft and it doesn't harm your skin. It is also much cheaper to buy the towelettes than to go to the tanning salon. I recommend the full body towelettes because they have more coverage than the smaller towelettes.

It is a more natural looking tan rather than the orange look you get from other tanning lotions. It also doesn't rub off on your clothes. I am impressed by how fast this product actually works.

Ease of Application
    The towelettes make it easy to apply an even amount of tanning solution without leaving streaks. It also dries quickly after applying.

It's not the best smelling stuff.

Longevity
    It lasts a long time. Use one of these a day and you will love the results.

Quick and easy!

from Marietta, Ohio.

Comments about TanTowel Classic Self-Tan Towelette For Face & Body:

I ordered the Tantowel towelette off of QVC. I am very fair, and any type of self tanner looks very streaky and orangish on me. I was really skeptical, but thought I'd try it out. The segment made it look very easy and the before and afters photos looked like a very pretty hazelnut color and didn't resemble any shade of orange. I'm glad I tried it, it's cheaper than a spray tan and is very simple to do myself.
    It's very easy to use, just exploiate and then apply. It applies very even and I didn't notice any dark spots on my elbows or knees. It worked very well on my face and gave it a nice bronze glow. The tan color wasn't exactly what they showed in the photos, it's not that shimmery, but it's not orange. My only complaints is that the scent isn't that great, it's not as bad as some, and what self tanner doesn't stink a little. It also doesn't last very long, so if you are using them before a vacation, I would pack some with you. Other than that, it is a great product. I'm very pleased.

Safe, Natural Tan

Comments about TanTowel Classic Self-Tan Towelette For Face & Body:

Tan towels are clean and easy to use. You get a natural looking tan without streaks and spots when you follow the directions. I Love them. I have them on auto delivery to assure I never run out! I gave them to my niece prior to a cruise and she was skeptical. Two days later she calls to tell me what a great tan she has! I was so happy to know that she wasn't running to the tanning salon.

Great, natural looking tan overnight. It is the easiest self tanner I have used.

Ease of Application
    So easy to use - just like a wet wipe. Protect dry skin areas with a little moisturizer to prevent it from getting too dark in those areas- like elbows, knees and ankles. Apply by rubbing in overlapping circles for even tan.

Longevity
    I find that using this for 2 or 3 consecutive days to get the color I want and then every other day maintains a great tan. I can't tell you how many times my co-workers have said, "it must be nice to have time to lay out in the sun."

Great natural looking tan

from Tampa, FL

Comments about TanTowel Classic Self-Tan Towelette For Face & Body:

This is a great product, easy to use and the results are natural. I have had many complements on what a great tan I have. People assume I must lay out on the beach and I tell them, "I wish", no it is a fake tan. The color is believable, not too dark, or orangey, just a natural looking tan. I put it on right after I get out of the shower, I find self tanners work better and spread more evenly if your skin is towel dryed but still retaining moisture from your shower. After you have achieved the level of color you want, then just reapplying once a week to maintain color is all you need.

Ease of Application
    Easy to use and apply. Make sure to wash your hands with soap and water to remove excess.

I don't know how to describe the scent, not medicinal, but not perfumy either. The scent doesn't stay around long, it fades once the skin is dry.

Longevity
    Once you have achieved your level of desired tan, I find that reapplying once a week is all that is needed to maintain your color.

love this product

Comments about TanTowel Classic Self-Tan Towelette For Face & Body:

Great product and i highly recommend.

• Longevity:

Best self tanner as far as color,ease, and smell.

from Gardendale, AL

Comments about TanTowel Classic Self-Tan Towelette For Face & Body:

I have been using self tanning products since the 60's when my mom used "QT" by Coppertone. Does anyone remember that product? Can you say Orange?

My favorite for years was Estée Lauder self tanning cream. But it smelled bad and you had to put on and wait 30 minutes for it to dry before putting on clothes. You had to be extremely careful around dry skin areas and for goodness sake don't sweat because the smell would eek out! Yuck!

Unlike many self tanning products of the past, this product is easy to use with NO learing curve. Not messy, great, natural color. AND, has the least smell of all self tanners! This is big for me.

In addition, this brand offers a spray with the same liquid that's on their towels. So if you buy a pack of towels and a bottle of spray, you can rinse the towelettes out and use it again with the spray.

Ease of Application
    You apply it with a towelettes making it simple. It dries quickly and it barely rubs off on your clothes even if you perspire.

Least smell of any self tanning I have used.

Longevity
    Last as long as other products.

• Longevity:

The TanTowel is hard to use and leaves streaks!

from Camp Lejeune, NC

Super easy no mess

from Granada Hills, CA

Comments about TanTowel Classic Self-Tan Towelette For Face & Body:

This is a great way to get some nice natural tan looking skin without all the fuss and mess like some other creams and lotions make. I have pretty fair skin and while I can get a tan, it takes me several days of laying out in the sun to get the slightest bit of color. I tried these tan towels out and loved them!! I bought the lighter version one with 10 towels in the pack. Each towel states it is for "half the body" but I find that i can pretty much use it for my whole body. The color that comes out it such a natural tan color. No orange at all! And there are no streaks. Since you open the towlette and wipe it on to your skin yourself, you have control of where you want it.. super easy and no mess. I usually apply it at night and come the morning I have a nice healthy glow. I've never had any streaks either. The only thing that I would recommend is being careful and washing your hands after you apply it since the solution will be on your palms. I found out that if yuo take a little vaseline and rub it on the inside of your palms.. and places where you dont want much pigment, like nail cuticles... at your heels, etc.. just rub a little there before you apply. Helps to not stian your hands and avoids too much solution in some areas! Defin. reccomend this product!