3.6
Tampax
Tampax Cardboard Applicator Tampons

Tampax Cardboard Applicator Tampons

3.6

Only tampon I will use ever!

When it comes to personal products, especially for women, there is a long list of products available. Rightfully so as women can be picky people in this category. I am most certainly one of those picky people. I have used Tampax cardboard applicator tampons for years and years now. I love them! I tried their plastic applicators, the pearls, and also switched and tried Playtex and other brands names and generics. When I tried the pearls with the plastic applicator, a part of the tip of the applicator came up and scratched the inside of me, and it hurt for days afterwards. I thought perhaps it was just the product and tried Playtex. While it did not scratch me with the plastic, the shape of Playtex made me feel like I had a plug inside of me with the tear drop shape and when it became full and time to change it, I half expected to hear a pop like I just uncorked something. I like the cardboard applicator because it does not scratch/hurt the inside in any way as there are no jagged sharp edges of the applicator, just a round smooth edge with a hole at the top. I like the way Tampax has designed this tampon as a straight tube like shape, and not a tear drop shape, so when I change it, it comes out smoothly and I don't feel like I popped a cork. I also like that the string on the tampon seems to be stronger and thicker than the Playtex ones, so it's easier to grip when changing them. I am thrilled that it is an all biodegradable product, which means it's earth friendly. The only downfall I see to it is, although the box states it is a flushable applicator, it is not and I would not flush these down my toilet, and the applicator can be hard to grip at times to get it in correctly when things are slippery, but I think that is a problem with most tampons and applicators during this time.

Don't like the new design of Tampax tampons.

I just bought a new box of Tampax tampons and am not crazy about the new design.  First of all, the string to help open the wrapper is no longer there so you can't open the paper the entire length of the tampon.  So I have to fumble around with the tampon trying to get it out of the wrapper in order to use it.

The second part of the redesign I am not crazy about is the actual tampon itself.  It used to be a long cotton tube and was very absorbent.  The cotton tube is not nearly as long now, so it doesn't seem to be as absorbent.

I stilll like the Tampax brand and will continue to use them, but they definitely are not as good as they used to be.

Not as good as other Tampax products

About Me Casual

Pros

Cons

• No rounded aplicator tube
    • Uncomfortable

Comments about Tampax Cardboard Applicator Tampons:

I always use Tampax tampons and I prefer plastic applicators, but sometimes small stores only have the cardboard applicators. Beggars can't be choosers and sometimes I have to get these and I dont like them. The applicator is a blunt end of cardboard that feels a little rough. They dont open easily so the wrapper ends up crumbled and its hard to get the used applicator back in the wrapper for disposal. With the other Tampax tampons they are comfortable but I can feel these ones most of the time and I dont like that at all. Overall they are very basic and dont have very good features so I try to not buy and use them. They actually dont leak And offer good protection but at a cost. The tampon itself is just a hunk of cotton on a string.

This is the only kind of tampon I use.

Pros

• Comfortable
      • Easy To Use
      • Effective
      • Good Protection

Cons

• Daily Use
        • Heavy Days
        • Light Days
        • Swimming
        • Travel

Comments about Tampax Cardboard Applicator Tampons:

I am a 33 year old female who has only used and trusted this particular brand ever since I first started using them. I have an extra heavy flow, and this is the only brand that I can trust to not have to change it every 20 minutes.
        I have tried many other brands, and never again will I make the mistake of not using this.

Only tampon I will use ever!

Comments about Tampax Cardboard Applicator Tampons:

Are They Better For The Environment?

from Pittsburgh, PA

Comments about Tampax Cardboard Applicator Tampons:

I have used a lot of different brands over the years and Tampax and Kotex have been the two that I go back to. While I prefer the Kotex Security tampons I still buy the super plus and super Tampax tampons when I can't find Kotex.

They do an excellent job of preventing accidents but the cardboard applicators can be a little on the weak side when inserting them. The finger ridges aren't deep enough to get a good grip on them so if you've washed your hands before changing your tampon there's a chance that you are going to be fumbling with it.

From an environmental standpoint these are better for the planet than tampons with plastic applicators but the tampons themselves still take time to break down. There are pros and cons to both sides of the argument so it really boils down to personal preference when it comes to choosing tampons with a plastic applicator, cardboard applicator or no applicator.

You can get these in a variety of absorption levels too; from slender for your lightest days to the super plus for the heavy flow days. They cost about the same as other comparable tampons but you can find coupons in the Sunday paper from time to time. I buy these if Kotex isn't in stock but give fair warning that the cardboard applicators can be a little tricky to work with.

Worthless

Comments about Tampax Cardboard Applicator Tampons:

There have been a few times I had no other choice than to use the cardboard applicators. They are such a pain to use, especially to get them in the position that you need them in. I believe I can say I have wasted more than I used, they don't have the support that is needed in order to get them in without first pushing out the complete tampon. I also dislike them due to the fact the absorbency is not very good, and I have noticed more of a feminine odor when using these. I will only use if its a last resort.

The Classic

Comments about Tampax Cardboard Applicator Tampons:

I've been having periods for like 35 years now, and the original, classic cardboard Tampax is the only tampon any thinking woman will ever need. They make environmental sense, come in a variety of absorbancies, and feel like an old friend when that time of the month flows in.

Best tampons ever!

from Champaign, IL

Comments about Tampax Cardboard Applicator Tampons:

I think these are the best tampons ever. And great price too! They are a lot better than store brand equivalents. I would recommend to and girl! I've tried a lot of other brands but keep coming back to Tampax.

Comfort with confidence

from Estill Springs, TN

Comments about Tampax Cardboard Applicator Tampons:

I just will not use any others. I have traveled that road of saving a buck, but it cost me later.  When I replace my favorite panties I remembered why. Tampax goes every where I do now. There is nothing better, and now they have so many different kinds to pick from. I just always get the big blue box and I know im prepared and armed for what ever the month brings.

Good minus the applicator

from Anderson, IN

Comments about Tampax Cardboard Applicator Tampons:

I've been using Tampax for years and I think they are the best product out there. I don't have a lot of money to spend on tampons so I usually try and find the best value for my money. For a while, I went with the generic brand, but those really don't cut it. I've also tried Playtex and I just hate them. Tampax makes a tampon that is absorbable and has a quality string. When I tried Playtex, I noticed just how weak and thin the string was and it was harder to remove. I really like Tampax Pearl but I just don't have enough money to buy them. I usually only use the Pearl ones when they come as an extra part of the regular box I buy. The cardboard flushable applicator is really the only thing I don't like. It's not really that great to flush. At my house, I cannot flush it because it clogs the system. If I do flush it elsewhere, it takes forever for it to come apart and I've had it get stuck in the hole in the toilet. Also, the applicator also doesn't move like it should when putting in a tampon, which is annoying.

Tampax flushables are more annoying than helpful

from Herculaneum, MO

Comments about Tampax Cardboard Applicator Tampons:

I'm a firm follower of the Tampax product line, and I was pleased to finally see that they began offering applicators other than cardboard.  I know that it's flushable, KUDOS to Tampax for making them this way and offering it to the environmentally conscious woman, but there are various issues that I have with this product.  First, the individual wrappers aren't as easy to open, there's no string to pull to help rip the paper the length of the tampon.  Next, we all know what happens when we go to use the product...there's not enough gripping area on the cardboard applicator and sometimes when you go to push, nothing happens, and by then it's too slippery to hold on to, sometimes requiring it to be disposed of and to begin again..which isn't an easy task to do if you're out and about and only have one tampon in your purse.  And lastly, they're not as absorbant, it seems that they dont' expand enough.  As you can see, I'm not a fan of this product...the only time I use them is if it's all I have in the pantry stockpile, and the only time I purchase them is when I have a coupon that gets them for almost free.