Other Exercise DVDs & Videos:
DVD
Tae Bo - Instructional

Tae Bo - Instructional

Tae Bo Instructional is a tough workout that gives great results

Tae Bo Instructional at first seems like it would be to tough to do. After using it daily i noticed that it got easier to do. At first i could only do 15 minutes at a time but now i have worked my way up to a complete workout. The results you get are exceptional and you start seeing a difference not long after using it. The only thing i would like to see them change about this video is that i would like to see other people in it that don't have those perfect bodies to see how they progress through this highly motivational workout. Other than that i highly recommend it to anyone that is trying to stay fit and healthy or who is trying to become that way. The best part is that its not something that you will get bored watching. Billy Blanks knows how to keep you motivated and makes you want to accomplish what you are trying to set out and do. I definitely highly recommend this video to anyone that is trying to stay fit and for those that are trying to get back into shape.

Tae Bo- Instrucional, okay for beginners

This is a workout system that my wife and I have used over the last few years. First lets talk about the exercises. The exercises are actually pretty good. He does a ton of arm workout through punches and various blocking routines. Arm workouts are really ideal because they actually burn more calories than a leg workout. He does a lot of different series of kicks and knee ups throughout the movies that really work your legs well. Again, the repetition makes this a good cardiovascular and muscle training video. I also like that he combines some of the exercises into a series of moves. It makes it less monotonous and you don't get tired as fast.

The reason I gave it only three stars is that billy Blanks TALKS TOO MUCH. It drives me crazy. He is constantly saying motivational stuff that is frankly sometimes pretty weird. Plus he breaks a lot and then has you watch him, I prefer videos that are a more continuous stream of working out.

I love tae bo!

from Kansas

Comments about Tae Bo - Instructional:

Tae Bo is one of my favorite new workouts. It's a great form of exercise and it's actually fun! Another perk of the workout is that it can be done at home. For me personally, I get very self-conscious working out in front of people so this is a great alternative for me. The Tae Bo Instructional is great.

For those that don't know Tae Bo incorporates a lot of kickboxing moves. There is a lot of kicking and punching. In this particular DVD there is a decent amount of jumping as well. So if you are unable to do these types of moves for any reason I do not suggest getting the DVD. I've done most of Billy Blanks Tae Bo workout DVDs. They are a challenge. You may need to work up to doing the whole workout, start off 15 minutes, then increase it over time. But they are fun workouts and it really seems like time flies when you're doing them. He's a great instructor.

I really suggest trying this tae bo workout if you like working out at home and want a fun but challenging workout!

You'll Have Fun While Sweating

from Pittsburgh, PA

Comments about Tae Bo - Instructional:

Tae Bo gives you a very good workout. The movements involve a lot of punching and kicking and I think because you are putting a lot of energy into those "power" moves, I think you are using up more energy. This is a very fast paced workout and it really is fun. I think part of the fun comes from getting out any frustrations from the day by punching and kicking. Unlike workouts that are primarily dancing, there is a lot of power in these moves.

This may not be the best exercise for abs, but there are some moves that definitely target the abs. For example, there is one move where you jump/kick in a way that really does target your abs.

You will need some space to do this exercise. Be sure to ensure that you have enough space to fully kick in front of you and to move from side to side. You'll need to have a roomy living room or you may need to move a coffee table.

This does require pretty serious energy--it is not low impact. You will be jumping, so this may not be the exercise choice for everyone.

Awesome workout

Comments about Tae Bo - Instructional:

I am overweight and was wanting to find something I could do at home because it is very hard to get to the gym when I am a stay at home mom. I bought the Tae Bo video and it is wonderful. I will say that the workout is about forty-five minutes long and I was not even close to making it through the whole workout for the longest time, but it is a great workout. Now I know that forty-five minutes doesn't seem to sound like a long workout, but let me tell you, it feels like a very long workout. I know I am out of shape, but what I like most about the Tae Bo is that Billy Banks, who is the instructor, shows each move so you can keep up and even shows an alternative move for elderly people or if it is something you can't do. I love that. The workout is so easy to keep up with and it is very fun to do. Billy Banks keeps it fun and fast paced. I think that a lot of people will like Tae Bo because it is done in the comfort of your own home. I know it is very hard to workout in front of people. I had that issue for a long time. Now I invite friends over to do Tae Bo with me and they love it as well. We even started the biggest lose contest, which makes it not only fun, but a great competition. I would recommend this product to anyone and have.

Easy, but effective workout

Comments about Tae Bo - Instructional:

One of the biggest factors that I consider when doing a workout DVD is how realistic would it be to do this workout for a prolonged period of time; the Tae Bo series by Billy Blanks can be done regularly, and I don't get tired of it. Most of the moves are fun, and Blanks is very motivational.

Often times I get frustrated with some DVDs because I can't get the moves correct, or I get winded way to quickly. With the Tae Bo DVD, all of the moves are pretty easy, but you start sweating around 6 minutes into the workout. The moves are a blend of martial arts (kicks, punches, shuffles etc.) and general cardio.

There's also the added bonus of not requiring any additional materials; all moves are done using only your body. Some of his other DVDs require additional tools, like weights or a yoga mat, but the original does not.

A great workout DVD for folks looking to get back into exercise, or for those tired of running on a treadmill.

60 minutes of fast paced cardio mixed w/ strength training.

from Broken Arrow, OK

Comments about Tae Bo - Instructional:

One of the hardest Tae Bo workouts out there. The beginning is mostly cardio with strength moves peppered in then he gets you on the floor and take this from somebody who is in shape, your butt & thighs will be sore tomorrow! This video is an excellent value. With his positive motivation encouraging you to dig deep within yourself, it works out your spirit and definitely your body.
Not in the best shape of your life?
Don't worry!
Just do as much as you can. Nobody said you have to do the whole thing from the get go! Trust me, keep trying, do your best, and believe you are good enough and you'll be amazed that first time you finish the whole thing and not only that execute all the moves beautifully.
AWAKEN THE WARRIOR ALREADY INSIDE YOU!

If you wanna sweat this is for you.

from Isle, MN

Comments about Tae Bo - Instructional:

This is a high action program. I tried my best to keep up but I am just not coordinated enough. I imagine if you do it enough you would figure out the routine but I just coudlnt get it all together. You WILL sweat for sure doing this video though. I couldnt even get through the entire thing. I much prefer slow and deliberate yoga over this high energy high movement high coordination program. Billy Blanks tries to keep you motivated but all the people in the video are average sized no one is overwieght or undercoordinated. Its hard to keep on doing it watching all the fit bodies doing it knowing you are not. In this aspect videos like richard simmons are more motivating as they have NORMAL people not just the hot bodies.

Visualize Success!

from Fulton, MI

Comments about Tae Bo - Instructional:

The entire Tae-Bo series is wonderful, I can't say enough abaout it.  I will say that you MUST begin with the instructional tapes if you wish to stick with the program.  Tae-Bo is amazing, but if you just jump into the series without knowing proper form you can quickly find yourself injured!  This tape gives you critical building blocks.  When you are having a bad session and just can't keep up with the tapes you'll know to slow down and properly modify your positions because of the foundation you received from this tape.  Run through this a few times until you could explain the moves to someone else, and then have fun!

This video is a good workout

from Saucier, MS

TAE BO

I bought the taebo  videos,and I love doing the work out,It is a workout program that i have watched many of times,Its a workout that if u never worked out you would have to take slow and get into it.I would have to say I would tell my friends and famliy  about the video

excellent workout

from Idaho Falls, ID

Comments about Tae Bo - Instructional:

If you are looking for a whole body cardio workout then look no further. The Tae Bo workouts are one of the best home exercise videos that I have yet to find. One of the pro's of this exercise regime is that you can learn some self defense moves while you get a cardiovascular workout. One of the main characteristics that I really like about Tae Bo is that it really focuses on core strength and stability. According to Billy you are supposed to maintain a tight core while performing all the other various exercises. TOUGH!!! I was able to drop inches from my waist and thighs and well as improve my cardiorespiratory edurance in just a matter of weeks. If you are looking for a way to avoid the hassle of going to a fitness center and then fight for space in a crowded aerobic exercise room then look no further. If you follow this workout video I guarantee you will be pleased with the results that you experience. Then once you have mastered the instructional video you can progress to the basic which adds a whole new level of difficulty with the exercises performed and duration of the work out. GO TAE BO!!!

Tae Bo- Instrucional, okay for beginners