Other Misc. Styling Products:
TRESemme Thermal Creations Heat Tamer Protective Spray

TRESemme Thermal Creations Heat Tamer Protective Spray

Pros

Cons

Protects Hair from Heat Damage!

This product was recommended to me by my friend who is a hairdresser. I was complaining that I hated blowdrying my hair because it is so damaging. I hate having air dried hair but didn't want straw for hair either. So I bought it, willing to give it a try. And boy was it worth it!

When I first started using it I didn't really notice any difference. My hair wasn't straw nor was it frizzy from air drying. It just worked, so I didn't really comment on it either way. But then one day I ran out and failed to pick up more from Target. I noticed a huge difference. Once again my hair was straw after blow drying it! This is one of those products that work so well that you get used to the results, until you don't have it anymore. If you blow dry or use any other heat tools you need to get TRESemme Thermal Creations Heat Tamer Spray! It makes a huge difference in the quality of your hair.

Upset greatly..

I was upset with this product. Who knows how many times I had to use this for it actually show SOME effect. I use a CHI Straightener, and I had high expectations set for this heat tamer. The fragrance is amazing; I love it. But compared to other TRESemme products, I.. disliked it. It showed no difference when I used an average-amount and spread it evenly through my hair. When I was finished straightening, my hair looked dry, damaged, and I didn't think my boyfriend wanted to touch it either.. lol. He loved the smell though, I will be sticking to CHI's Silk Infusion.

Love this Tresemme Thermal Creations Heat Protection Spray

from Rosamond,CA

About Me Minimalist

Pros

• Controls Frizz
  • Lightweight
  • Non-Greasy
  • Smells Great

Cons

• Pump Sprayer does not dispense product well

• Curly Hair
  • Straight Hair
  • Thinner Hair

Comments about TRESemme Thermal Creations Heat Tamer Protective Spray:

Like this heat protection spray from Tresemme brand, I use all the products from this brand and love them all, this spray gives smooth frizzless fine spray results and smells nice too, although I did not purchase this was given by a family member as a gift, and now that I have tried it, I will purchase it again as long as it is available, my hair stayed shiny for six days, better results than just conditioner alone and only takes a little product to produce this awesome shine, I looked like I had a brazilian blowout after using this product would recommend this brand and product for anyone wanting to protect their hair from the heat of those handheld blowdryers.This spray has a most lovely floral sweet scent too.

• Hair Type:
  • Very Curly Hair

Protects my hair

Comments about TRESemme Thermal Creations Heat Tamer Protective Spray:

I love tresemme thermal creations spray! I never use heat without it, and my hair is healthy. I use heat tools everyday - either a curling iron or straightener, and I haven't seen any signs of damage since I've been using this product. I also spray it on my wet hair before I blow dry to protect from that heat too. I never used to use a heat protective spray, and my hair was seriously damaged from it. Now that I do use a heat protective my hair has almost no damage, and has grown a ton. I like that the bottle has a little lock switch on it, which makes it easy to bring with when I travel. Tresemme is a very affordable line, so this heat spray is also affordable. The bottle is 8 OZ and it lasts a long time, my hair is a few inches past my shoulders and it lasts my a few months, wouldn't last as long if you have longer hair obviously. The spray smells nice too, but I don't really know how to explain the smell.

Does not really protect at all

from Wesley Chapel, FL

Comments about TRESemme Thermal Creations Heat Tamer Protective Spray:

I am usually a fan of Tresemme products, but this product is not worth the money. The spray on this bottle is terrible. It doesn't spray in a mist fashion, but sprays in a line. I feel like it is only getting in one area of my hair, and leaves my hair all wet. I do not think this product even protects from heat at all. I found that my hair looked frizzy and dry after using this product for over a month. I believe my hair wasn't getting any protection from heat and started to break and crack. I use a blow dryer and flat iron every day and I wanted something that would protect my hair from the heat. I have thin hair and breakage does happen when my hair isn't protected well. I would not recommend this product at all if you are looking for something to protect your hair. This product is not worth the money, even though it is very inexpensive. It does not work and the spray bottle is a pain to work with.

Inexpensive and effective!

Comments about TRESemme Thermal Creations Heat Tamer Protective Spray:

This is probably my favourite heat protectant. I find it makes my hair feel really smooth after I'm finished styling it. Also, I do think that it protects my hair from heat better than other heat protectants, even some of the more expensive ones.

It does have a smell to it that isn't particularly pleasant though. It's not al all strong and I very much doubt you'd be able to smell it in your hair after you've initially sprayed it though. The smell is just that very stereotypical hair spray type smell, so if that doesn't bother you, then you wan't have an issue!

The only other downside I've found is that I get less clean hair days between washes. The product is quite heavy and even though I only really spay it on the lengths of my hair, I find it still causes build up on my scalp a little bit though.

Overall I would definitely recommend this for everyday use whenever you're using heat on your hair.

Heat Protector

Comments about TRESemme Thermal Creations Heat Tamer Protective Spray:

I LOVE Tresemme's Thermal Creations Heat Tamer Protective Spray!!! In fact I am almost out of the current bottle I am using. It smells fantastic and goes on light. This product does not weigh down my hair and it does not make it oily. I have found absolutely no negative side effects from using this product. I love the way this product makes my hair feel. It feels smooth and silky smooth and helps from keeping my heat styling tools, like my hair dryer, hair straightener, and my curling iron, from frying my ends. I use this product directly after getting out of the shower. I spray it evenly onto my wet clean hair and then comb it through evenly distributing the product throughout my hair. Then I blow dry my hair and follow up with a heat styling tool. My hair still remains silky and smooth and my ends are not fried. In addition to these perks my hair smells incredibly fabulous and I am constantly complimented on my soft hair. I would recommend this product to anyone!

Woot-woot. I may use heat again

Comments about TRESemme Thermal Creations Heat Tamer Protective Spray:

I voe using this. Though no heat is good for your hair, when i use this i forget all about that. Make sure before applying heat that you let this completely dry. I used this for years, then TRESemme came out with the Platinum Strength heat protector, and i have to say that i love that one a bit more, though if in a bunch with money i would be more than glad to switch back.

heat protectant

Comments about TRESemme Thermal Creations Heat Tamer Protective Spray:

I have always used heat tools on my hair. I use a hair dryer on high heat on most days because I'm in a rush getting ready to go. I also use either a flat iron or a curling wand on a high heat to get my stubborn hair to cooperate with me. I also have long, fine hair and it seems to get damaged by heat easily. For years I didn't even know that there was a way to prevent damage caused by styling with heat. The stylist I started using recommended I get a heat protective spray for my locks asap. She said some worked better than others, it just depended on my price range. I have used tresemme shampoo and conditioners off and on for years so I asked her about tresemme heat protective spray. She said it was a lower end one but it would still do what I wanted if I was on a budget. I purchased it and applied it to my wet hair out of the shower. It smells great and the spray covers evenly. I don't apply it to my roots because of greasy reasons. This product makes my hair kind of textured so it works great for styling too. My hair feels soft and silky even after using two kinds of heat tools after this product. If you're worried, apply it between tools. It's also okay to use on dry hair, just use less than on wet hair. Great product and great price. Love it!

Didn't work for me.

Comments about TRESemme Thermal Creations Heat Tamer Protective Spray:

This product didn't work for me. It made my hair more dry and didn't protect my hair from heat. I even read reviews and watched videos on others who were successful with this product and did what they did and still didn't work. I've had better luck with a heat protectent serums.

Save your hair by starting with TRESemme!

Comments about TRESemme Thermal Creations Heat Tamer Protective Spray:

When my hair was damaged, I didn't really know where to start with saving it. But with the type of hair I have, I had to use some type of heat on it frequently. This product honestly saved my hair and let me use heat on it without it getting more damaged than it already was. My hair was always smooth and silky after I used it and it helped reduce the amount of split ends I was getting without it! Purchase this product it will save your hair and keep it healthy!

Tresemme is a very good brand, but this tamer I love!!

Comments about TRESemme Thermal Creations Heat Tamer Protective Spray:

I am very satisfied with this product. I've used other heat tamers, oils, cheap and expensive stuff until I found Tresemme Thermal Creation- Heat tamer- leave in spray! I fell in love with it!! I use it all the time, whenever i get out of the shower that I have my hair damp i just apply it all over my hair and start combing. It really helps to keep it shiny and smooth. I use it even if i'm not putting heat on my hair. If i let it air dry, or use the blow dryer i still put it on to protect my hair. I've been using it for over 5 months and my hair is beautiful. I love to protect my hair from anything! After i comb my hair with a wide tooth brush some times i let it air dry or others i use the blow dryer either way i protect it. Then when it is all dry I get my straightener, curling iron or any thing i'm using for that day, next i separate my hair and before I start styling i spray some of this tamer in each section that i'm going. I go through and style my hair. When i'm done styling I just add a little bit more to the top of my hair ad finish combing it and style it. The i'm done! The results are incredible I couldn't ask for anything better! I love how smooth, shiny and frizz free my hair is, I just love it! I recommend it to anyone.. any type of hair. It's just amazing.