3.8
Thane H2O Steamer Mop

Thane H2O Steamer Mop

3.8

Easy to use,

Seeing I am one of those people who hate to get on my hands and knees to wash the floors, I broke down and ordered a H2O mop, the first time I used it I was surprised at how dirty the cloth was after I was finished, the little grooves in the ceramic tiles use to hide dirt but now it is so much easier to get the job done, we have 2 dogs who track in dirt all day long and it only takes a few minutes to get the floors clean again,  I really do love this mop but I don't use it on my hardwood floors too often because it does leave alot of water on the floor unlike what the commercial say, but my floors get washed more often now,

Works good for what I need it for

I purchased the H2O mop and it has worked fine for what I need it for.  I have linoleum in my kitchen and bath and it cleans those just fine.  I also use it to clean my carpets.  I have 2 cats that like to hack hairballs and such in the middle of the night on the floor and 1 cat that doesn't always use the litter box when she gets mad at us.

It cleans the pet stains pretty well, for some I do have to go over several times.  It does take the pet odor out as well if not better than other products (and I've tried a lot of them).  I really like that there are no chemicals so there is nothing to harm my daughter or the pets.

The instructions to use it or not the best.  If you turn it on and leave it on the whole time you do the kitchen floor, the floor will be sopping wet.  What I found works best is to turn on the steam and start going over the floor, then turn it off as you spread that water around and then turn it back on as needed.  When I do the floors I turn on the steam and go over the spot several times then turn off the steam and take the steamer off the carpet glider.  Then with the steam off, I use the pad to help dry the carpet and scrub the stain out.

The only bad thing I can says it that its sort of cheaply made and could have wait to buy when it was at a discount store for less.  I do use it fairly often so I will eventually get my money's worth.

Unreliable

Comments about Thane H2O Steamer Mop:

Now had 3 of these, as the supplier will not refund only exchange, the last exchange broke down in a year, but because it was an exchange they would not refund or exchange again, despite it being less than a year old! I bought another one for £45 that one broke, I sent that back last week, and today they have sent another one back to me that has been used and does not work.

Again still no refund just have to go through the inconvenience of sending back and having not mop for another week.

The service you get when you ring is ok, its the policies and procedures around the mop. What company doesn't guarantee their own products for a year - shows you how much faith they have in them. The mop it self is great when it works....and for this reason I would not recommend this to mop to anyone, as the aftersales is just not good enough.

great while it lasted

Comments about Thane H2O Steamer Mop:

This steam mop worked really well. It cleaned my kitchen and bathroom floors easily, and worked just as well on my carpets. It refreshed the carpets and left them smelling great. Unfortunately, after 6 months it stopped working. The 800# for returns was disconnected and I am now stuck with a broken steam mop.

Best Mop I have ever used

from Canton, MI

Comments about Thane H2O Steamer Mop:

I wanted to buy a steam mop for a very long time as the idea of cleaning without using any chemicals was very attractive to me.I read more that a hundred reviews of different mops and I got even more confused about which one to buy.Well the choice was made for me when I saw this mop an a garage sale for 30 bucks.It was gently used and I bought it right away and tried it the very next day.It was very easy to use.It came with 2 cleaning clothes and I used both in just the kitchen so I think if you have a lot of hard flooring you will need extra pads.I liked it as it cleaned very well made a lot of steam .It is ready to use in seconds after u plug it in. You can make it into a handheld unit but I have not ever tried it. For making the floors clean in a green way it does the job very good.I am very happy with this mop.

AWESOME

Comments about Thane H2O Steamer Mop:

I love this mop, it cleans everything I have a 25 yr old stove & it cleaned it beautifully it took off grime that I couldnt get off .My cabinets look great the floors window , if it needs cleaning I steam it with my mop. My husband says he loves how it works and how clean the apartment looks. I recommend you get the H20 steam mop. I had doubts but i just Im so happy I finally got it. You will to.A Happy customer

Helpful, wonderful, I love it

from Jersey Shore, PA

Comments about Thane H2O Steamer Mop:

After great deliberation I finally decided to buy the H2O mop.  I'm so glad I did.  This thing is great.  I had another brand of steam mop, took 10 min to be able to start using it, it was too big to fit in a lot of places, and just a bit of a pain.  This H2O mop is great.  It is ready to start using in like 10 seconds.  It's slimmer so I can get it under my cabinets and it moves very freely.  It cleans my floors beautifully.  I couldn't be happier with it.  The only trouble I had was the cord was too short.  I had hubbie put on a longer cord, now it's perfect.  I love not using cleaners, just water.  I did not buy anything extra with it, the pads are washable and I just reuse them.  I've had it over  a year, no problems.

I love this mop!

from Frederic, WI

Comments about Thane H2O Steamer Mop:

I love this mop!  I use this on the laminate floors in my kitchen, dining room, living room. and hallway.  It cleans so well.  I have four young children and my floors were always filthy before getting this mop.  Is is easy for me to pull it out and quickly do an area of the floor even when the kids are around.  The floors dry quickly so I don't have to worry too much about little feet walking onthe wet floor.  I like that I don't have to pay for floor cleaners because it just uses water.  Like any mop, it is hard to get right up to the edge of the wall.  That is just the way it is when you use a mop.  The floors still look good and I rarely have to get a rag and wipe along the wall.  My mop did act up once and didn't produce steam.  I followed the insructions in the manual for cleaning out mineral deposits and that did the trick.  Our water tends to be of that quality so it was not the fault of the mop.  It definitely needs more pads.  I antipicipated this and bought extras.  I rave about this mop to people all the time.

A mom's best friend.

from Springfield, KY

Comments about Thane H2O Steamer Mop:

I am one of those women who scrubbed the floor on my hands and knees because I never believed a mop could really get it clean.  Enter pregnancy and back pain, ugh!  I tried a Swiffer, but was sceptical that it was really cleaning well, either, plus the refills were through the roof pricey.  My mother-in-law gave me an H2O steam mop for Christmas, and I couldn't be more pleased.  I sweep the floor thoroughly, plug in, and voila!  Clean floors with no chemicals.  I love that the microfiber covers are washable/reusable, and it only takes a minute or two to heat up.  It does periodically have to be de-limed with a little vinegar, but that probably has to do with the water quality where I live.  My only complaint is that the mop head is so thick that there isn't enough clearance to fit under the lip on my bottom cabinets.  Somehow the Shark mop people have a skinnier head, so maybe this one will too in its next incarnation.  It's worth every penny to this busy, neat freak mom!

The Thane H2O Steam Mop cuts my cleaning time in half!

from Green Bay, WI

Comments about Thane H2O Steamer Mop:

The Thane H2O Steam Mop is one of the best purchases I have ever made. I even bought 2 more and gave them as gifts because I am so happy with the results.

I am a mother to a 16-month old, so having clean, disinfected floors is very important to me. Also, cleaning needs to be something that doesn't take up too much of my day, as I already have enough to do. The steam mop allows me to clean my floors so quickly. And it picks up way more dirt than my old mop did. I even tested it out. I cleaned my floors with my old generic mop, and then went over it with the steam mop....and my steam mop still got alot of dirt out. I was amazed!

It is also great, with having a child, that it leaves no chemicals or residues on the floor. And, no need to spend money on all those expensive chemicals! Now I just use water. And the pads can be washed over and over again and never seem to wear out!

This is definately a product that I have recommended to everyone, and will purchase again if mine ever wears out, which I doubt is possible!

the h2o steam mop works wonders

from North Ridgeville, OH

Comments about Thane H2O Steamer Mop:

I absolutely love, love, love this steam mop! I, like many of you, am becoming very concerned about the kind of cleaners I bring into my home. I hate thinking about all the chemical residue sitting on every surface of my home. I try to be as natural as possible with my cleaning products. The steam mop is wonderful, I don't have to use any chemicals (which is wonderful when you have a one year old) and it has a triangle shape so it fits in to corners really well. what I love the most is if you have something hard, sticky, or something that just doesn't want to come off your floor, you let it sit on top of it and steam for a few extra seconds and it comes right off! mine also came with a carpet attachment. basically it's a piece that elevates the mop about an inch so that it kind of hovers over the carpet. It doesn't seem to work great on really old stains, but I use on all the new ones (with kids and pets there are alot of stains!!!) there are also 3 pads that come with it, and they are machine washable which is great. I recommend this mop for everyone!

gets into small spaces and cleans great

from Tacoma, WA

Comments about Thane H2O Steamer Mop:

We have had this mop for a few months now and it is a real help getting corners and small spaces clean. Wish that I had gotten more of the extra pads but they can be ordered anytime and are not expensive. Have used it and really gets the ground in dirt and makes the floors shine. Easy to use and the pads are easy to throw in the washer and they are ready to use again.