Other Deep Fryers:
T-fal ActiFry Low-Fat Multi-Cooker

T-fal ActiFry Low-Fat Multi-Cooker

Pros

Cons

Very good but not long lasting

Comments about T-fal ActiFry Low-Fat Multi-Cooker:

Excellent for low fat cooking. French fries aren't as crispy as those from a regualr fryer - they are more like a cross between a roast potato and french fry. They are very tasty if different than regular fries. The regular sized fryer is quite small, I would recommend the Family sized fryer.
Downside is while they are very good, they don't tend to last - motors are notorious for going after not much more than a year. We chose to replace ours though as its well used

A great addition to our kitchen

from Chicago, IL

Comments about T-fal ActiFry Low-Fat Multi-Cooker:

I received one of these as a present earlier this year and it quickly became our "go to" appliance. We are a family that loves our french fries, but we were getting concerned about the sheer amount of oil we were using and ingesting. The t-fal actifry allows us to keep having our french fries guilt free. Instead of frying them in large amounts of oil, we just put them in our actifry with a 1 tsp of oil (or no oil if using the frozen kind) Put the timer on between 24-30 minutes and out come crispy, delicious fries without all the added grease. It may take a bit more time to cook them like this, but it is well worth it. My younger sons now request us to make their chicken nuggets in the actifry also.

Very easy to use. Clean up takes about a minute.

Great Little Machine!!!

Comments about T-fal ActiFry Low-Fat Multi-Cooker:

Our daughter bought one for us. At the time I wasn't sure I really wanted one but now I'm not sure how I lived without it. We've tried cooking many different foods in the acti-fry and have been totally satisfied with them all. I love the easy clean up, the yummy smells that go through the house while it's cooking, the list goes on. I'd consider buying another one just so we could cook more foods in it at the same meal. Love this gadget!!!

Good for healthy french fries.

from Ojibwa, WI

Comments about T-fal ActiFry Low-Fat Multi-Cooker:

The T-fal is a great kitchen appliance for making french fries. Not only does the final product taste great, but it's also healthy, since making a batch of french fries (2 potatoes) only requires 1 tablespoon of oil. A measuring cup is included, as well as some recipes, so you're not limited to making french fries. You could cook shrimp, chicken, etc. Just experiment!

I was very disappointed with this product.

from Matawan, NJ

Comments about T-fal ActiFry Low-Fat Multi-Cooker:

I bought the T-Fal ActiFry to basically cook french fries in a healthier way, but was very disappointed in the outcome. The fries had no taste and they shriveled up. I also tried cookies veggies in the ActiFry. Although they tasted good, they also shriveled up. I think it is a very expensive appliance for what I use it for. I've never tried the recipes in the booklet that came with the fryer. If other people have used it and had better success, please let me know.

Does the Acti-Fry Healthy Fryer cook healthier french fries?

from Chicago, IL

Comments about T-fal ActiFry Low-Fat Multi-Cooker:

Read more about the [Acti-Fry Multi-Cooker and Healthy Fryer][1] , which cooks french fries with barely any fat. Or if you've used it, make sure to write your own [Acti-Fry review][2] . We want to hear what you have to say!

[1]: http://www.viewpoints.com/thegoods/Acti-Fry-Cooks-Healthy-French-Fries
[2]: http://www.viewpoints.com/T-Fal-Acti-Fry-Multi-Cooker-and-Healthy-Fryer-reviews