3.9
Other Cookwares:
Pans
T-FAL
T-Fal Non-Stick Cookware (Various pieces)

T-Fal Non-Stick Cookware (Various pieces)

3.9

Pros

Cons

• Ease of Handling:

T-Fal... The only non-stick I will ever use again.

I have owned several (expensive) brands of non-stick and have always been disappointed. They always scratched, chipped or eventually degraded until they were useless -- and although the lifetime guarantees were honored, I wanted something more reliable that would actually work. When I saw that T-Fal had been reviewed by several prominent outlets as one of the best non-stick pans, I had to try it. The fact that that it was much cheaper than what I was used to buying made it a no-brainer.

Doesn't Stick
I would vote this a 10 if I could, but it only goes to 5. Food simply does not stick. The greatest test is the fried egg... no butter or oil... just slides around. No other dimond-nano-quantum-whatever surface has even come close, even the most elite brands fail to compare to the T-Fal, eventually after a few months of use.

Heat Distribution
The skillets I have are fairly thin and do not distribute the heat quite as well as the much more expensive triple-ply big name pans I have. That said, the distribution is more than adequate and evenly spread enough for consistent cooking across the entire surface.

Ease of Handling
The thick rubber(plastic?) on the handles is comfortable, but leads to a slight annoyance. I hang my pans on a rack and these tend to get hung-up and are a bit more finicky to remove/replace.

Non-stick equals easy to clean... for these. My older non-stick pans were impossible, and delicate. With the T-Fal I rinse, wipe lightly with an appropriate sponge, and dry.

I have had these for a while now and there are no signs of deterioration of the non-stick surface. They seem to be holding up much better than any previous non-stick I have tried, with no signs of discoloration or break-down. All other components seem equally as resilient.

Mixed Results

I own several pieces of T-Fal cookware. Some pieces work well, others not so much.

The small pan that is meant for single eggs is great. I use it for its intended purpose as well as for cooking hotdogs, one of the few foods my toddler will eat these days. It's small enough that I don't mind dirtying it after I've already made a full meal for the rest of our family.
The square pan I have from T-Fal I kind of hate. I'm not even sure why I keep it around. I guess it's because my husband loves it, he calls it his "grilled cheese pan", which is the only food he successfully cooks for himself. I use it to cook bacon, but only because it's large enough to accommodate a lot of pieces of bacon. It doesn't sit evenly on the burners of my electric stove. The pan is not perfectly flat, so that also causes hot spots and certain areas of the pan cook food faster that other parts. That's frustrating and pretty annoying.

Heat Distribution
I don't feel like their products distribute heat the same across the board. Some seem to do it just fine, while others are not good at it at all.

They're all light weight, which is nice for me. I have a hard time with the heftier cookware.

T-Fal is okay but don't like the chemicals

from Roanoke, VA

Comments about T-Fal Non-Stick Cookware (Various pieces):

I grew up with my mom using T-fal, so that was the obvious choice for me when I started my own home. With the T-fal nonstick surface, I find that I never had anything sticking because of the Dupont technology that they use on the pans. However, now that I am older, I have a hard time knowing that they use harsh chemicals to create this nonstick surface. This surface will scratch if metal utensils are used on it, so that would cause a concern for that ending up in food. I know research has been done on this that goes both ways, but I wish that T-fal would come up with a new and safe techonology to make the pans not have the harsh chemicals. But for the purpose of a nonstick pan, T-fal does the job well.

Doesn't Stick
Over time, you will get some sticking which I think is to be expected. But overall these do very well in that category.

Heat Distribution
The heat distribution in these pans is not as good as something like the hard adonized surface.

Wish they would keep the chemicals out of their pans!

Some of the different pans you can tell are lighter and cheaper than some other brands.

Mixed Results

from Southfield, MI

• Ease of Handling:

Great if you are just getting started.

Comments about T-Fal Non-Stick Cookware (Various pieces):

I used to own this set of pots and pans, twice actually. They are very economical, and a very good price for how many pots, pans, lids you get. I would recommend this to someone who has a need to cook, not necessarily loves to cook. For the more seasoned home cook, I think they would get annoyed for the following reasons: the nonstick does wear off considerably after about a year to two years, the handles get loose quite often and can be dangerous while cooking if you are not paying attention, and thirdly, the outside gets worn off too, so they are not very pretty after a while. But if you need something to get your home started, this really is a good set, just not an investment.

Doesn't Stick
Will stick after a while, but not at first.

Heat Distribution
I've had high and low spots in the frying pans.

Ease of Handling
Again, the loose handles could be an issue.

Easy to clean, just not when the nonstick is wearing off.

Not too heavy.

Not going to last you years and years.

• Ease of Handling:

T-Fal... The only non-stick I will ever use again.

from Garland, TX

• Ease of Handling:

A big disappointment, non-stick coating doesn't last

from Meriden, CT

Comments about T-Fal Non-Stick Cookware (Various pieces):

Years ago T-Fal was the lastest and greatest and highly recommended. My mother-in-law was in desperate need of new cookware, so for Christmas our family bought her a set. It was green and non-stick. Well, for the first 2 years it was great, cooked evenly and clean up was a snap. Then gradually the non-stick coating wasn't so great and food began to stick. When you tried to scrap it off, the non-stick coating scratched. Once the coating was scratched it began to wear off. Not only was the non-stick coating a problem, the cookware began to become discolored. Definitely a waste of money.

these pans were ok till they got a small scratch .

from Bennington, NH

Comments about T-Fal Non-Stick Cookware (Various pieces):

Th even heating system of these pans makes them great for cooking in. Though once you scratch the teflon with the plastic spatulas they do tend to have things stick to them. I am back to my cast iron and stainless steel pans. Not worth getting poisoned

Love the pan, not the handle

from central islip, NY

Comments about T-Fal Non-Stick Cookware (Various pieces):

TFal is one of my favorites. Bought a new set Black Friday at Kohls. We went to use one of the quart pots last week and the handle went on fire. Over the past few months the handle would smell but it never did this. The potset itself aside from the handle issue is nice. The pans are non stick still working as described. The smell is sickening, we have kept the flames on low also.

T-Fal Non Stick Cookware is Great!!!!!!

from Chicago Heights, IL

Comments about T-Fal Non-Stick Cookware (Various pieces):

**T-Fal Cookware is great when taken care of. You can't scratch them or misuse them as with any cookware. They come with papers that tell you how to use them, and if you follow that you will have a cookware that will last a long time. I have T-Fal and I love it. I have had it for about a year, and it still works as good as the first day I used it. I add just a spoon of oil, heat the pan and have never had a problem with anything sticking. I also love the fact that they are very easy to clean, not like some cookware that you have to scrub to get clean, these wipe out very easily.  They are for people on a budget, and worth every penny spent on them. I have learned over the years that more expensive is not always the best. Now, I research, and read reviews before I purchase. These pans are great, and I will continue to use this brand because they do what they say they do. I think anyone that is looking for good pans should give these a try, you will love them.**

T Fal nonstick is not the greatest quality

from Lima, OH

Comments about T-Fal Non-Stick Cookware (Various pieces):

I wanted a specific set of cookware as a gift.  My brother was excited to buy a cookware set for me, but he was not willing to buy me the set I asked for.  He said he had done some research about the ones I had requested and the nonstick surface was known to chip easily putting hazardousmaterials into your food.  Instead he said he researched this set of T Fal cookware and that it was supposed to be a good brand so he was buying this for me.

I wish he had bought the cookware I asked for because the nonstick material is actually chipping on them!  I don't use harsh utensils on the pots and pans and I also don't put them in the dishwasher, yet they have scratches all over them.  I was cooking mashed potatoes one night and when I stirred the potatoes I noticed little black flecks in my food.  The other thing I don't like is that these pots and pans cannot be put into the oven.  I have a lot of recipes that call for cooking to begin on the stove top and ends in the oven but I can never use them!

Love it

from Colorado Springs, CO

Comments about T-Fal Non-Stick Cookware (Various pieces):

I am twenty four, married , and cook on my T Fal pots and pans everyday. I've had these pots and pans for over four years now, and I got them from my parents who had them for years before me. They look like new and work just as well as the day that I got them. The non-stick surface on everyone of the pots and pans that I have has not faded at all. One of the things I like best about these products is that the heavy frying pans hold heat long after I turn the burner off. This comes in handy when I have many different things going at once and I'm not quite ready to dish everything up yet. The pans help the food stay warm until I am ready to serve. They are also a breeze to clean. most of the time you wouldn't ever have to use soap. Just run the pans under some warm water and and quick swipe with a dish rag and it's clean. If I ever need to buy pots and pans again I'm definatly going to buy T fal again.