3.8

Swivel Sweeper Original Floor and Carpet Sweeper

3.8

Pros

Cons

This makes maintaining a clean home much more attainable.

I love this sweeper because I can sweep anywhere in my home (carpeted or not) and get the surface dirt up.  If I find out someone is coming over I can run around and sweep and can quickly hide it when they arrive.

There is no cord to drag around which makes the work easier and putting the sweeper away much quicker.  It will reach almost anywhere because the handle will almost go down to the floor and the sweeper is thin.  Also, there is no bag to change.  You just pop out the tray and dump it in the trash can.

I must admit this sweeper doesn't clean deeply and the battery doesn't last very long.  It's easy to dump the dirt you just swept up back onto the floor, but you can learn how to keep from dumping it.  Despite these disappointments, I still really like this product.

I would strongly suggest it to any mom who is trying to maintain a clean home, but doesn't feel like cleaning all the time.  Even young children can learn to use this sweeper.

Found a huge con with swivel sweeper which supercedes all pro's

Yes the pro's that the TV commercials repeat at nauseaum about the swivel sweeper are all true, I will definitely give them that. It is what they don't mention (and why would they? They are trying to off load their product and make money) is what may turn one off.  Mentioning this con would definitely slow sales. Well I wouldn't have purchased mine, had I known. Indeed the sweeper is light, works on the surfaces mentioned, weaves under, around, through & over most objects in your home and indeed at a push of a button the flaps open up and (assuming you are a good shot and hold the sweeper directly over your RECTANGULAR trash can), releases all the dirt. OR DOES IT?

Our home is clean as far as carpetting and furniture goes. We do have 3 kids and so an occasional skateboard or sneakers may not always make their way to their respective locations. We also have 1 long haired dog and 1 fluffy cat living with us. The animals are brushed outdoors daily. However, especially in the summer we do find some residual strands of long hair on the carpet. So we vacuum religiously once a day (probably over-kill but it which keeps the carpets hair- free and clean). However (we live in a two story house and) lugging the vaccuum up and down the stairs daily does get cumbersome. I pride myself in not being an impulsive buyer but when I heard the sales people announce that the light weight swivel sweeper  picks up almost anything, including *animal hair*  I ordered it immediately.

It took the vaccuuming of only one small room, downstairs (I never even made it into the other rooms let alone take it upstairs) when everything came to a halt. The **few **strands of **long** hair in the carpet wrapped around the brushes so tightly and stopped the brushes from rotating. This is obvioulsy expected to happen as a "solution to untangle hair caught in the brushes " is right at hand, so to speak. It comes in the form of a  2 pronged micro fork, which via a plastic attachment snaps onto the handle of the sweeper. The fork is so sharp that instrutions warn to have it pointing away from you on the handle, while manipulating the sweeper.

After pushing the magical one-touch speed emptying buttons & emptying out the dirt, I sat for 2 hours attempting to remove the tightly wound hair (which by then had mixed in with it the usual accumulation of carpet boogers (crumbs, dust, dirt etc)) off the brushes with the tiny sharp fork. Now I am a surgeon & I consider myself adequately dextrous. Yet I punctured my skin at least 4 times, drawing blood & more likely than not introducing bacteria into my blood stream. Apparently the fork alone is insufficient to complete this task as the  directions call for the use of a small pair of sewing scissors (not supplied) along with the aforementioned supplied fork, which I pulled out of my sewing basket and used as instructed. In spite of my hard lengthy attempt at cutting prodding at the now dirty, now bloody strands of hair tangling the sweepers brushes I removed at most 50% of the hair.

This was just one of the cons but definitely the worst. The other I'll mention that the advertisements do not announce is that the one button dirt remover is not as magical after all.  The plastic barriers  need to be washed after vacuuming is "complete" and is done by  disassembling the sweeper to get them off.

So if you need something to suck up a few paper clips, cornflakes, a bit of popcorn  that has fallen behind the armoire....then this is your tool. However should your surface hold a hair, thread, loose carpeting or if you need it to vaccuum a large area or several rooms in your home - give this one a miss. After giving the swivel sweeper a few more chances...we are tenacious.... and ending up with the same situation each time....we gave up.  We are back to lugging the vaccuum up and down the stairs....and believe me, after hours wasted on swivel sweeper brush/hair snipping and multiple stabbing injuries  this method now seems way less cumbersome.

Great little sweeper.

Comments about Swivel Sweeper Original Floor and Carpet Sweeper:

This is an awesome little sweeper. Picks up most everything. I mainly use it on hard wood floors, but it also works well on short or tight carpeting. If you buy this you will not be disappointed. It really does pick up loose crumbs or anything on your floor.

better than sweeping

Comments about Swivel Sweeper Original Floor and Carpet Sweeper:

I would prefer to use a swivel sweeper over a broom any day. I feel there is still room for improvement in this department but overall it's useful and worth buying. You may need to go over an area twice to get everything picked and be careful when you go to empty that you don't spill everything you just picked up but once you do it you've learned :)

Pretty Amazing!

from Southfield, MI

Comments about Swivel Sweeper Original Floor and Carpet Sweeper:

I have to say, I was not expecting much from this sweeper but it really impressed me! I couldn't believe how well it worked!
I was working as a chore provider for a while, in a house that was insanely dirty. The woman had her own cleaning tools that she wanted me to use, including this Swivle Sweeper Original Floor and Carpet Sweeper. I avoided using this for months because I was certain that it wouldn't be strong enough to tackle the dirt in that house. One day she insisted that I give it a try. So, even though I was sure I'd just have to go back and clean the room a second time, I gave the Swivel Sweeper a chance.
Wow, was I impressed! This sweeper picked up every last bit of dirt and miscellaneous debris that was on the floor! Her 4 dogs had tracked in leaves that I was sure were going to be too large for the sweeper to pick up, but nope, it got them just fine! I could not believe the power behind this little sweeper! It worked on her hard wood floors and the carpet as well. After that first time, I used it regularly and was always happy with the results.
I would definitely recommend this sweeper. If it could clean a house like the one I was working in, then it can clean anywhere!

Makes Daily Cleaning a Breeze

Comments about Swivel Sweeper Original Floor and Carpet Sweeper:

The swivel sweeper works great. It's the best replacement for a broom & dustpan. It is fast, easy to maneuver, and has great brushing power. It makes cleaning the floors in my house simple and stress free. I love how it can clean carpet, wood, and even tile floors, but it works best on wood and tile floors. I say "daily cleaning", because it only runs for about 45 minutes per charge. The swivel sweeper is very light; I believe it's only like 2 pounds. It's really easy to use, even my little nephews in elementary school can use it with no problems. It can clean almost any small stuff like dust and dirt. I've tried cleaning pet hair with this product and that went horribly wrong. It resulted in me picking the pet hair out of the stuck brushes. Besides that incident, I haven't had any problems with my sweeper. Emptying this device is quite simple. In the newer version of the product it's touch-free emptying, but with this version you have to manually remove the tray and empty it in the garbage. Overall, This product is pretty cool. I recommend this product for daily cleanings.

Does not live up to the hype

Comments about Swivel Sweeper Original Floor and Carpet Sweeper:

I remember watching the commercial for this G2 and I was convinced to test this product out. I needed a product to pick up the animal hairs in a very quick and easy manner without me having to go down to the basement to pick up the vacuum and drag it all the way to the front of the house. I assembled the product and found that the construction is quite flimsy. It did pick up the dog hairs quite well and quickly.

The flaw about this product is that the brushes turn the wrong way sometimes and so what this means is that your stuff that you picked up with flip over and so you have to redo the whole cleaning process all over again. But the product itself does not live up to the hype. The other reason why it is not a good investment is because the battery does not last long and it's very noisy, so it may also startle your animals.

But do expect that if you use this frequently, even with the most gentle care, the handle may break, which is what happened to me.

Barely Cleaned my Floors

from Jackson, TN

Comments about Swivel Sweeper Original Floor and Carpet Sweeper:

I decided to purchase a Swivel Sweeper because I wanted something that was cheap and would be able to clean the different floor surfaces that I have in my home. Unfortunately, this item did not do well with cleaning any of my floors. I have tile and carpet floors in my home. As I rolled the sweeper across my floors, I could see that it was not picking up all of the crumbs on my floors. I would clean the filter and try again but this sweeper still failed to pick up the tiniest crumbs. The filter got full faster than I would have liked it too as it was not big enough to hold much of the trash that was being picked up. I thought that my carpet was too high or the sweeper was not meant to clean the type of floors that I have so I tried it out at my moms home. The sweeper barely cleaned her wooden floors and I noticed that the trash was being pushed around with the sweeper instead of being sucked up into it. I had to switch back to a larger vacuum in order to get my floors clean.

This is the BEST invention EVER!!!

from Haverhill, MA

Comments about Swivel Sweeper Original Floor and Carpet Sweeper:

There are so many awesome things I love about the Swivel Sweeper, I don't even know where to start! OK, I guess I'll start by saying that this is super light (I think it only weighs about 2 lbs) and so easy to store. I love that it is cordless and I don't have to worry about tripping over the cord, or having it come unplugged, or having my 3-year old unplug it when I'm in the middle of vacuuming!

I love that you can go from floor to carpet to floor without having to switch speeds or head attachments.
It picks up spills, crumbs, dirt, etc. quickly and easily. I don't know what I ever did without my Swivel Sweeper!

a compact time saver!

from Bayside, NY

Comments about Swivel Sweeper Original Floor and Carpet Sweeper:

This product is a handy dandy time saver in that it works with a rechargeable battery and is light as a feather. You can run it over the whole house in one charge going up and down the steps with ease picking up all the kids tiny messes. In a few minutes your house looks neat & tidy!

I DON'T LIKE IT

from Marshallville, OH

Comments about Swivel Sweeper Original Floor and Carpet Sweeper:

I AM A MOBILE HOME OWNER AND THOUGHT THIS SWEEPER WOULD BE WONDERFUL FOR INBETWEEN VACUUMING. IT IS JUST MY HUSBAND AND MYSELF  SO I FIGURED WHY DRAG OUT THE BIG CLEANER FOR A FEW CRUMBS ON THE FLOOR. WRONG!!!!!  THE BATTERY WOULD NOT HOLD A CHARGE LONG ENOUGH TO DO ONE ROOM.  I ALSO BOUGHT THE EXTRA BATTERY AND I COULDN'T GET LIVING ROOM AND 2 BEDROOMS DONE. STILL HAD TO GET THE BIG BOY OUT TO FINISH THE JOB.

Cordless Swivel Sweeper distributed by Ontel

from Nanuet, NY

Comments about Swivel Sweeper Original Floor and Carpet Sweeper:

Once again, our children gave us a present which we never knew we needed. They had bought this Cordless Swivel Sweeper distributed by Ontel, 'as seen on television'. We received the deluxe edition as it also came with a separate mini crumb sweeper and a brush cleaning tool with storage cover.

It was quite easy to assemble and after the battery was initially charged,( for at least eight hours ) , it was ready to go. It has become my favorite go to' quick clean up tool'. I use it on our rugs,wood floors, steps, and ceramic and vinyl tile floors. It is very convenient and easy to use for fast clean up jobs. What I especially also like is that the sweeper base can fold up against the pole for convenient storage. ( There is a magnet that keeps it in place).

The reason I only gave it four stars is that I have a few dislikes about it. The dirt tray cannot hold a huge amount of dirt, so it has to be emptied frequently and battery has to be recharged periodically. I guess that's because I use it more than i should, in place of a vacuum cleaner.