3.6

Swivel Sweeper G2 Floor and Carpet Sweeper

3.6

Pros

Cons

Does What I expected But......

I just bought myself one in a drugstore. I figured it was better to buy one and not have to pay for shipping and handling as it is when you buy online or from the commercial's phone #. This is a decent product. IT was very easy to put together and works as expected. It doesn't have the powerful suction they claim in the commercial though. But for an electric sweeper it's works real well. Not for heavy duty cleaning. I just used it today for the first time and I was done with my "sweeping" in about 20 minutes so I cannot attest to the battery life of 45 minutes as advertised but when I need to use it for that long I will post it here to let you know if does in fact last that long. It's extremely light weight - which is a plus for me. It also really moves well - no skips or snags on the carpet. Dumping the dirt is also very easy, you just squeeze the tabs on each end and the bottom pops open into your gabage can. Don't forget to snap it back - make sure it snaps because if you don't it will open and all the dirt will fall back on your carpet. I really like it so far.

I like the way it bends to go under furniture - sure saves the old back some straining. It manuevers extremely well and I love the side to side action. All in all I would say yes to this product as long as you understand that it is NOT a vacuum cleaner. It's designed for quick jobs and light pick-up. Very nice.

One more thing - keep the brushes on the bottom clean - it comes with a handy little brush cleaning tool that has metal teeth on one side to pull out the hair and a cutter on the other side so you can cut the hairs you pull out!

Swivel Sweeper G2 is not for pet hair

I ordered the sweeper online, and although it said delivery could take 6 - a weeks, I was pleased to find that it was delivered within a week. They used Parcel Select delivery with Delivery Confirmation from the United States Postal Service.  It was left by my door, as I was not home.  The assembly was very easy, and required no tools.  The battery reqired a minimum of 6 hours charging time before use.

After fully charging the battery, I tried it out.  It sounded powerfull, and the 4 brushes rotated with vigor.  It slid easily across my tile floors and fit nicely under my low furniture.  However ... when it comes to actually 'picking up', I was disapointed.  Now it may work better on carpet, but all it did was push around the pet hair on my floor.  It did pick up a small amount of other particles, but for the most part, it just 'moved' it across the floor.

Rather than 'sucking', it has these rotating bristley brushes that 'grab' the particles and then they dislodge inside the collection tray. Unfortunately, it was not very effective.

I called the 800 number to let them know I was returning it, and they politely gave me a return authorization number.They told me I would get a refund, minus shipping and handeling.  They didn't ask me the reason for the return ... they probably already knew.

Not very good quality, poor suction

Comments about Swivel Sweeper G2 Floor and Carpet Sweeper:

Not the best vacuum, but sometimes you get what you pay for. It is very difficult to clean out, the suction is terrible, and the vacuum flips over in the middle of cleaning if it hits the tiniest bump. The tool provided to clean out the brushes is a seam ripper in a little plastic protector. So even when you can get it to cut through the hair, it is very tedious getting it all out.
Other cons: It absorbs odors, I'm assuming into the bristles, and they stick around for a long time.
The tray that holds the dirt is very small, so it is necessary to dump it at least twice during vacuuming, and we live in a small apartment so it will probably be a lot more if you live in a house.
I'd say spend your money on something a little more high quality, unless you live in a household of bald people (the hair that gets wrapped around the brushes is impossible to get out and it makes the suction even less) or you don't have much to clean up.

Great for quick clean ups.

Comments about Swivel Sweeper G2 Floor and Carpet Sweeper:

I first used a swivel sweeper when I worked for a cleaning company cleaning office cubicles. It was great for quick spot clean ups on carpeted areas. They would scratch tile floors though. I liked it and asked for one that following Christmas so I could have one at home. Its been 3 years and I still use it. It's easier to pull that out than it is to pull the entire vacuum out if my child crushes chips on the floor or spills dry cereal. It works fine on my hard wood floors too. The battery holds a charge really well and charges quickly also. Although when working with these a few of the handles did snap because they are thin. So you need to be careful of that. And things to get tangled in the bottom because it spins. Most assume that this sucks things up like a vacuum but it doesn't its like a broom the spins and tosses things into a little space which is also super simple to empty. Theres a button on the bottom and the pops open to empty it.

Great little sweeper!

Comments about Swivel Sweeper G2 Floor and Carpet Sweeper:

I love it and use it everyday. It's great not having to pull out the big vacuum all the time. This little sweeper really picks up everything. I was surprised when I bought it on how well this works. With a single charge it runs long enough to get the job done.

Not worth the money

Comments about Swivel Sweeper G2 Floor and Carpet Sweeper:

I bought this Swivel Sweeper on a whim a few years ago for the purpose of collecting animal hairs. I was disappointed in this machine because it died after the second use, which I think may be contributed to a faulty battery. However, I did not want to find out whether or not this was the case because that would require more spending upfront, so instead I returned the product on the basis that it was a defective unit.

It works for a while and picks up the dirt, but stops working half way through the cleaning job. It picks up surface stains and crumbs, but the design is quite poor because the power pack is not connected properly. There is no proper secure connection and so the power does not last long.

The connection is bad. When it did work, the battery was fully charged, but the device only lasted for about 7 minutes. I definitely do not recommend this at all. In fact it does more blowing than suctioning.

Perfect For Cleaning

Comments about Swivel Sweeper G2 Floor and Carpet Sweeper:

Do not underestimate the swivel! As crazy as they may sound, it is so true. When you need to reach a tiny or hard to reach corner, the swivel comes in perfect. I never used to clean nearly as much as I do now that I have 3 dogs. Three dogs sure find a way to make messes! And what makes the Swivel Sweeper G2 so great is that you can sweep various surfaces. It isn't just limited to use on your carpet or just limited to use on tile like surfaces. You can easily and effectively clean both surfaces with the Swivel Sweeper G2. It is very durable, believe me I am probably the most clumsiest person alive. I drop and break almost everything. But I have drop this Swivel Sweeper G2 at least once or twice a week and it's still working. This is a must have for cleaning in between major cleaning days and even better if you use it on major cleaning days in addition to your other cleaning supplies.

Good enough

from Columbus, OH

Comments about Swivel Sweeper G2 Floor and Carpet Sweeper:

I was looking for something light weight that can pick up food and other things my kids drop all over the floor all day, and this swivel sweeper works pretty good for the light sweeping jobs I need it for. The infomercial may have over exaggerated a bit about how fabulous it is, but it's good enough for me. It is so light weight and easy to maneuver. I have a hard time using a full size sweeper because of health issues. This swivel sweeper allows me to keep my floors clean through out the day. The battery fully charged seems to last for weeks, even with continuous use daily. It sweeps my hard floor in the kitchen, so I don't even need a broom any more. It also sweeps our carpet well, but I'm not sure how well it would work on thick or shag carpet, probably not as well. And I love that they include the tool that can be used to remove the hair and strings that get caught around the brushes. It makes it much easier to clean it, and if it's clean and free of hair and strings it seems to pick up even better.

Swivel

Comments about Swivel Sweeper G2 Floor and Carpet Sweeper:

The Swivel Sweeper G2 is a good cleaning product for tile and hardwood floors ONLY. The Swivel Sweeper will make your floors very shiny and get rid of loose dirt in between the grouts and places that are hard to reach. However, if you have carpet this product is not good to use of course. The suction is not as powerful as a vacuum cleaner, but effective in cleaning. A good feature of this product is for a quick clean, it is light weight and easy to use comfortably without straining your back, and no wires, which in my opinion is great. But, for deep cleaning and power, this product is not as efficient as a vacuum cleaner. I believe it is good to own a swivel sweeper, but also own a vacuum cleaner, no matter what type of floors you have, because the swivel sweeper remember is not as powerful as a vacuum cleaner as I mentioned before. I would recommend this product, but only for beginners in cleaning houses.

Not what I expected.

Comments about Swivel Sweeper G2 Floor and Carpet Sweeper:

I have wanted to try this product for some time now. I thought this product would be very beneficial when I had to clean up small amounts of dirt. This product looked like it would be able to handle the everyday small clean-ups when I did not feel like hauling my big vacuum out. When I finally purchased this, I was not satisfied with the overall performance. As soon as I brought this home, I charged the battery, and used it the next day. I noticed that it did not do well on my throw rugs that are really thin. It also did not pick much up on my hardwood floors. Instead of picking most of the dirt up, it throws it back on the floor. It does this even when I empty all of the dirt out. It also broke into the third week. When I was sliding the black levers to remove the plastic base to clean it, one of the levers broke (sorry, that is the best way I can explain it). I truly believe that this product is not worth the money it is advertised for.

swivel sweeper is junk

Comments about Swivel Sweeper G2 Floor and Carpet Sweeper:

This is without a doubt, the worst item i have ever purchased . I ordered two and neither work for more than two minutes on a fresh charge. It is as if connections That power it are loose at best. What are the chances that the same thing is wrong on both? Do not waste your money. Good concept with no substance behind it.

good Do not waste your money.

What a let down

from Trenton, TN

Comments about Swivel Sweeper G2 Floor and Carpet Sweeper:

After having my original swivel sweepers last and work so long. I was excited to try the new G2, what a let down. After receiving and charging according to the instructions my new G2 would only work for 2-3 minutes and then stop, I could shut it of and turn it back on but it kept doing the same thing so I notified the seller and they sent me a brand new head but it did the very same thing. And what made it worse is that they wouldn't let me return it because I didn't have the original packaging. So now I'm stuck with a G2 whit two heads that don't work.